Allonhill Employer Reviews

Not my favorite place to work. They lay off and hire all the time
Forensic Underwriter (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 10, 2014
Not my favorite place to work. They lay off and hire all the time
Employee oriented company
QA Analyst III/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 23, 2014
Enjoyed the fast pace, constant change of the industry. Always learning something new, wither it be guidelines, industry regulations or new was of training piers.
World Cup
Senior Mortgage Analyst Reviewer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: the work enviornment
Cons: job security, leadership
I was trained to review foreclosed files. I had prior experience and knew what to search for but did not have the time to implement ideas due to the mass layoff.

The most fun at Allonhill? I organised a foosball tournament with those that wanted to participate. I did this to relieve some stress the job created as well as rumors circulating.
Great company
Senior Loan Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: just sold to a fortune 100 company
Great culture and flexible.
I enjoy the work I do and my co-workers and my bosses are great to.
AllonHill has an advance MVC system, that is consistanly changing.
Lead Developer (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 5, 2013
AllonHill built their entire system using Firefox's chrome system and XUL pages. MVC system was a giant Firefox plug-in that utilized PHP, MySQL and JavaScript to deliver large amounts of customer data for review.
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 2, 2013
Great culture
Smart employees
Team environment
Best place to work
Mortgage Review Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free soda
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed every day with this company. Great leadership, awesome opportunities to advance.
Zero structure in a company attempting high growth = disaster
Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 10, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: management
Massive turnover at the upper management level and laid off over 400 people in 2012 with no severance. There is no career path and only hire management from the outside. Capable people are under used and laid to waste. It's disconcerting that a company like this exists.
Great start up concept but still working out kinks
COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 4, 2013
Conducted high-level reviews of consumer mortgage loans to ensure compliance with all requisite state and federal rules and regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures governing foreclosur and engaged in legal research regarding federal and state foreclosure and bankruptcy compliance requirements
Great company to work for; Sue Allon is an inspiration
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 17, 2013
Allonhill was an overall great experience. Sue Allon is a great leader, and she really cares about her employees.

Bejing – March 23, 2013

Wow... Did she pay you to say that? I hope this is sarcasm.

Employment of last resort
Analyst (Former Employee), DTCFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free soda
Cons: disorganization, dishonesty.
The company is incredibly unstable. 2 massive lay-offs in less than 1 year. The lay-off are sweeping & immediate. I dont think I've ever witness something handled so poorly.
McDonald's Will Treat You Better
Due Diligence Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: free coffee, soda, and bi-weekly company meetings to announce how well the company is doing
Cons: deceiptful upper management and poor career pathing
I worked at Allonhill for over 3 years during which time I managed some of the largest and most profitable engagements. My efforts resulted in the regular improvement of gross margins and in deals that consistently brought in a profit.

In every other company I've worked at, including McDonald's back in my high school days, such accomplishments would – more... have led to a salary increase and a promotion. Instead Allonhill included me in a round of layoffs this past December. No advance notice was provided, no severance package was offered (even after 3 years!), and this was weeks before Christmas!

It takes efforts to earn acclaim for how badly a company mistreats its employees and Allonhill earned that award in my book. Unfortunately, I'm not the only person who has been treated equally poorly by Allonhill (over 400 were fired in 2012 and now they're looking to hire more people!?). But don't just take my word, run a quick Google search and you'll see tons of similar responses regarding the mistreatment offered by this company.

As a final thought, Allonhill fired nearly every due diligence manager back in December and now they've realized that that may have been a bad idea. That goes to show how expandable you'll be to their future. – less
Allonhill
Team Lead - HAMP QC, Team Lead - Loss Mitigation (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 11, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: two force reductions
• This is a fast pace company with high production requirements/ goals.
• Learned Servicing, compliance, and third party underwriting side of the Mortgage industry. Learned new and different styles of management that have helped enhance my management skills.
• Employees are dedicated and enjoyable to work with even with the pressures they encounter – more... with deadlines.
• Upper Management open door policy is real.
• Learning and developing new skills that further my knowledge in the industry. – less
Not a good place to work
Analyst (Former Employee), DenverDecember 10, 2012
Pros: daily work/people
Cons: upper management who have no idea they are supposed to turn a profit
Learned a lot at Allonhill with my short time there. The over all work was ok, although their training was weak
Good Employees. Terrible Management
Analyst (Former Employee), DenverDecember 9, 2012
Cons: upper management
Overall the employees were the best, if upper management would listen. Upper management is so out of touch they would be hard pressed to spell DU
No Consideration for Employees
Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 7, 2012
Pros: they love to spend money on frivolous activities
Cons: you can't trust what upper management says. it's one constant chain of lies.
During the 3 years I worked for Allonhill, I always had a feeling that my job could be axed at a moment's notice. Ironically, this feeling did not go away as the company grew nor was it diminished after my performance review scored in the top 5% within the company. Something wasn't right about the cheerleading efforts of upper management - it just seemed – more... like they were trying too hard to convince everyone that everything was OK.

Well, my gut feeling proved right after I was laid off because of "unforeseen financial problems". And get this, my severance package amounted to zero - that's right, nothing for 3 years committed to the success of the company. Did I mention that this was a few weeks before Christmas? The lack of consideration for the welfare of its employees and the blatant incompetency of upper management make this company a terrible place to work.

I hope that you don't make the same mistake that I did and instead look for work elsewhere. – less
fun and challenging but not all that stable
Loan Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 7, 2012
Pros: free soda, free bus pass
Cons: laid off after less than one year due to company troubles
The work environment was great for someone who just likes to come in and get their work done. Management/supervisory support was readily available when questions came up. The work schedule was flexible, which is very attractive. Goals are set in place and productively is stressed and monitored. The hardest part of the job was sometimes meeting the daily – more... quota when computer issues arose or files for that day were particularly challenging. – less
Great People
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee), DenverNovember 20, 2012
This was my first job out of college and it was a great learning experience. The mortgage industry was not a great fit for me personally, but Sue Allon is a remarkable CEO who truly cares about the resurgence of the industry and the well-being of her employees. I continue to keep in touch with many friends I made at Allonhill.
Exciting and Fun place to work
FORENSIC UNDERWRITER/ TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 5, 2012
I have and am learning what a good underwriting review looks like and what a bad decision can look like. I have learned what a bad decision and what poor underwriting results in. Being a part of the management team has been a wonderful and fun experience. I have learned what it takes to be a good leader and have the respect of my team.
A good company to build experience
Review Appraiser (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 30, 2012
Pros: ethical and professional
Cons: heavily regulated
Allonhill is a good company to work for and is growing quickly. The employees are well experienced professionals that create an excellent place to build knowledge and experience.