AlloSource Employee Reviews

Disorganized
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2017
AlloSource is a great place to learn about the gift of donation. It is no disagreement that what the company does is life saving. However, the company is disorganized, doesn't know the direction it is going in, and is too siloed. They preach change, but the change isn't really happening and in the meantime the financials are lacking and operationally, the company can't fulfill orders to customers and is losing credibility and it's respect with customers. They want to believe there is no one else doing what we do, but that's far from the truth. It's incredibly competitive and AlloSource has fallen behind instead of continuing to be ahead of the curve. I fear that any change is going to come too late. The company is better going public and being acquisitioned. We would be respecting and honoring the gift of life better and in more depth by having the financial and operational backing as a public company than a non-profit.
Inventory Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  centennial ,coloradoNovember 13, 2017
fast paced
lots of product to learn and understand
management could improve with training
Culture- getting better
enjoyable part of job is knowing every tissue serves a purpose
benefits
Cons
silos
AlloSource
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 27, 2017
Communication within the company could be better, as could the opportunity for advancement. Honoring the gift of donation is always on the minds of the employees.
Fun at First then you realize it's money before quality
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 11, 2017
Don't ever work here. If you do you'll hate it after a few months. It's so stressful it's ridiculous. You wont advance unless you are a favorite. You'll notice the favorites make the same mistakes, get sloppier, work less and you'll keep making 10 and hour. Look somewhere else. This company is going down hill FAST!!!
management
Demin/Lyo Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 5, 2017
management is horrible. They do not care about he employees as long as they do work. Work is not always available, but you must stay in the lab the entire 10 hours regardless if you only have 5 hours of work that day.
Extremely Good Company
Distribution and Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 15, 2017
Fast paced environment with many opportunities for advancement. Allosource completely embodies it's culture and strives to better itself as a company. Management is very knowledgeable with an open-door policy.
It was hard to come to work each day
Facilities Maintnenace Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 27, 2017
Management does not want to hear about improving your work experience or making your department better. Most managers have one goal, advancing their own careers and stepping on others to get there.
I felt like a robot taking orders to make my director look good.
Budget was a big issue. Money is not spent to make the job easier. Cutbacks were always suggested. It seemed like a top priority even if it meant doing twice as much work.
If they had different management or a better mindset on how to efficiently run a department, I would have stayed, mostly because I liked several of my coworkers. The CEO is also personable and easy to get along with.
Changes need to be made to keep the good people that work for you.
Pros
Work schedule, good pay, some very good people
Cons
Management is inexperienced, on call, favoritism
Very unorganized and alot of favortism
Operations Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 16, 2017
I worked 3 12 hours days, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays. Unsupportive management, no growth opportunities, and very unsafe workplace. I enjoyed staying busy, and working with my team, but didn't feel supported.
Mission driven people
Corporate Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 9, 2017
Overall an excellent mission driven company to work for. Great people and amazing purpose. Challenges lie with the desire to do more with limited non-profit resources.
Just another job
Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 8, 2016
We'd go into the core, process tissue, get scolded for not processing to their standards yet processing it to work instruction. Management is in a constant power struggle. The job itself is easy and completely do-able if left to our own judgements. If we had the transparency and communication that we were promised, I think everyone would be a lot more relaxed while working.
Cons
Most definitely get caught up in emotions
24 hour company
someone (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 25, 2016
its just a production company, You're in there day in and day out so you lose sight of what you're doing is actually helping someone else. company is pretty small, the management and some of their policies are not so great. You have to shut your brain off and keep your head down just to get the day over with
Pros
403b, healthcare, dental, vision and clinic on site
Cons
high turnover, production, hard to advance
Still Growing
Technician (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 3, 2016
I have been with AlloSource for several years and although I did not expect to stay long I have found a company for which I am proud to work. If you are planning on working in operations it can be very challenging to move up in the company. Oftentimes, I feel like I'm back in high school, however the company mission is strong, the benefits are great, and the company is growing quickly. The operations staff is a tight-knit group of introverts who love science and a good work-life balance. Unfortunately, because the company is growing quickly, AlloSource is going through growing pains and sometimes is struggling to move from a small tight-knit family-style company to a large competitor which has implications for production technicians and employees.
Pros
Lots of vacation time and holidays, on site clinic and gym, doing something great for other people
Cons
It can feel like high school, poor advancement opportunities
Great Coworkers
general (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 7, 2015
Work with some of the nicest people you could meet.
Unfortunately becomes a job, not a career. Can be high Stress.
Lacks appropriate leadership.
Okay
Intermediate Tech II (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 2, 2015
Worked 2nd shift, came in at 3pm, had team meeting and stretching. Received daily work assignments. Changed into clean room garb and performed assignments.
Growing business with highly reputable senior leadership.
AV Access Trainer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 20, 2015
Overall, great company. I've worked here for several years and have little to no complaints. Middle management lacks some leadership. The company is in transition, filling positions on cultural beliefs and not experience.
Pros
On-site fitness center and clinic.
Cons
Career advancement.
Great work experience, amazing mission
Data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, ColoradoSeptember 3, 2015
An amazing place to work. Day to day tasks included data entry, file scan and upload, organizing and filing paperwork. Mission to enhance lives through the gift of donation. I had the amazing privilege of meeting donor families and assisting in making lives better. Organization and efficiency are key. The ability to meet deadlines was very important and being up to date was integral. I learned a lot about excel, word, communicating through technology, scanning, and having the ability to work as a family as well as coworkers.
Pros
great work environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
other parts of the company were not as up to date or organized
Great with promotions and year end bonus, TONS of benefits!
Demin/Lyo Operations Tech Level III (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 22, 2015
Depending on the operations position you apply for it might be difficult to transfer departments further down the road, but overall, the company is amazing! But as with all work places, there are some employees to avoid.
Pros
reimburment of school
Cons
physically exhausting
Good Place to work, very mission driven
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 2, 2015
Great place to work if you are very mission driven. Career advancement can be an issue if you get stuck in the same position for a long period of time you may get looked over. The company is very reactive rather than proactive which can make for a high stress environment but that is starting to change.
A company strong in their mission
Core QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 13, 2015
This company is very driven by mission. Which is great, considering what they do there.

A typical day at work was busy, a lot of hustle and bustle in very tiny spaces. There are shift "wars", and a lot of finger pointing that goes on, before anything is resolved.
From working here, I learned a lot about biologic regulations, quality control, and the process of organ and tissue donation.
Management is very poor. There is a lot of favoritism, and seems to be held to a different standard of accountability, by those above them.
My co-workers here were fantastic. A truly great team to work with. They are all hard working and very knowledgeable regarding processes performed within the controlled work area.
I would say the hardest part of the day here, is dealing with management, or other departments designed to support the technicians, being understaffed and reassigned duties constantly.
The most enjoyable part of this job, is the satisfaction you feel, after you have heard a story from a donor family, thanking your company for fulfilling its mission, and giving back to the community.
Pros
The benefits here are decent, there is a clinic for employees and their families. Their mission is inspiring.
Cons
Management plays favorites, and is not held to the same level of accountability as the technicians below them.
This company offers amazing benefits.
Operations Biologics Technician III (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 6, 2014
Working in operations is challenging because there is lack of recognition for the work that we do. However, the teammates make it worth while and the benefits are worth it too.