ALLOY WHEEL REPAIR SPECIALISTS Employee Reviews

Fun place to work if you are driven to do good work and make awesome money
Mobile Technician/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lake Barrington, ILMay 25, 2017
I literally enjoyed every single minute of working for AWRS of northern Illinois. I would have stayed there for ever if I hadn't moved across country.
Pros
Freedom to be your own boss.
Cons
working in the winter slowed down my productivity.
great place
Paint specialists (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 27, 2017
great place too work...great enviroment......i loved coming too work everyday..family atmosphere...close too my home
Pros
breaks
Cons
bi weekly pay
This place is a joke no money to be made.
Mobile wheel Tech (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 7, 2017
Have been there for about almost 1 year and this place is a completely joke, there's no money to be made, they are always switching personnel more than my switching my underwear like everyday, you don't know if tomorrow you'll have a job. The work is not consistant and also the benefits suck. Run away do not work or waste your time in company all your going to get are excuses and promises.
Pros
Lies
Cons
After lies
run
Repair Technician/Painter (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Don't do it, you'll regret it. Run away, run fast and don't look back. Wasn't at all that was described. Too much free work and scarcely any paid work. Run, run away.
Pros
nothing
Cons
con artists
Horrible company
Wheel repair specialist (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 21, 2016
Do not work here. You will be lied to constantly and make no money. They promise you the world then give you nothing. Stay away. The last 2week paycheck I received was just before Christmas, it was less than $350.00
horrible management. scam artist
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 7, 2016
this company will advertise a route sales position, but in reality you are a repair man, going to dealerships to convince them that their Alloy wheels are dented, scratched, etc. Basically brand new wheels. The company management is rude and demanding.
Pros
take home truck
Cons
management
Amazing team
Mobile Wheel Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2016
My time spent there was amazing with great people to work with and they all were very good at their jobs. The management actually listened to the employees and what made their jobs smooth and when attempting changes actually listened if it was or was not a good one. Unsure about current owners of the company but don't seem to bad of people at all.
Run Away as fast as you can
Wheel Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IowaOctober 23, 2015
I worked for the Hiawatha/Cedar Rapids Office for about a month but was paid for only two weeks of the four. Simply put, I was ripped off the other two weeks of work that I completed. Yet, the company still billed out to other dealerships for my completed work.

Essentially, I was scammed for at least $500-$1,000 since the job is paid entirely by commission.

When I was first hired, I was told the entire time by management that I would occupy the Iowa territory covering: Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Quad Cities. About a week into employment, management hired another person; which I thought was strange at the time.

The reason for the additional hire (as told to me) was because they would be expanding into Illinois and needed the additional help with markets like Galesburg, Peoria, etc. Little did I know that I was training my eventual replacement!

One Friday afternoon, the owner randomly did an impromptu inspection on one of the many car lots I serviced and felt compelled to "let me go." I could tell he had did this hire/fire gimmick to other employees because he was so calm in his demeanor.

I had given "Rod" absolutely no reason to let me go, other than the fact, Alloy did not want to pay my salary. I did not bother to take Alloy to small claims court. I feel vindicated a bit, obviously Karma has something to do with their recent high turnover, as they are constantly hiring in my area. They simply can not keep any body around.

Management is used to preying on uneducated people who do not have the perspective of working for diligent employers. Look elsewhere! The
  more... boss is looking for someone to do all his dirty work while he sits around and collects all the money!  less
Pros
Work your own schedule, Use the company vehice for personal reasons, establish relationships with other car dealers
Cons
Constantly monitored by management via phone gps, secret check ups, lack of trust between management, pay is feast or famine but mostly famine
Mobile office with very high end clients.
Field Sales Manager and Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJuly 13, 2015
Any given day could bring a Rolls Royce or a Audi R8. If you love cars and hard work this is the job for you. We worked exclusively with high end dealerships and clients.
Pros
Meeting professional athletes
Cons
Working outside in the winter.
fun but hard place to work
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Typical day at work would be calling around doing pick up and deliver wheels to each of the customers that we had in our territory.
I learned to be more of a people person and stepped out of the box. Management was ok. CO-workers were a lot of fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was the fact that I did have a small child and the company didn't really care that I would have to leave earlier enough to get him from day care since I did live an hour away.
paint & wheel repair
Tech & painter (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJOctober 24, 2014
this job was OK it was a great learning experience. management wasn't up to par but the work atmosphere was a good place to work. co-workers were OK too, but sometime can be a it to deal with.
Great Learning experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAMay 17, 2014
I enjoyed learning in a new field. However it was not ran very smoothly. Was doing a lot of other peoples work which cause injury and time have to be taken off from work. I am a hard worker and enjoy working so this was just not a good fit for me.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Unhealthy work enviroment
avoid at all costs
repair specialist (Former Employee) –  midwestNovember 25, 2013
first they will set you up for the most unprofessional interview, ask illegal questions. if have kids or married you are basically not even considered.

job you basically drive around all day, hoping a customer calls or park at a dealership and con the car dealers into redoing wheels on brand new cars. if you can't lie your way into a sale, guess what no money.

35,000 is a joke, you will have weeks were make barely $100. realistically 25,000 tops
Pros
learn scamming and lying to make money
Cons
hours, pay (commission based), management
productive work place with plenty of work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYAugust 6, 2013
Generaly a good place to work but salary is strictly commisioned based with some down time due to equipement failures in which my time was not compensated
Pros
good current job security
Cons
no compensation for down time due to equipement failures, long hours
Unprofessional
Wheel Repairman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2013
Needed work and the employer called on a moments notice, part time with no benefits, they just stopped calling one day.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor management