ALLOY WHEEL REPAIR SPECIALISTS Employee Reviews

Amazing team
Mobile Wheel Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2016
My time spent there was amazing with great people to work with and they all were very good at their jobs. The management actually listened to the employees and what made their jobs smooth and when attempting changes actually listened if it was or was not a good one. Unsure about current owners of the company but don't seem to bad of people at all.
horrible management. scam artist
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 7, 2016
this company will advertise a route sales position, but in reality you are a repair man, going to dealerships to convince them that their Alloy wheels are dented, scratched, etc. Basically brand new wheels. The company management is rude and demanding.
Pros
take home truck
Cons
management
Horrible company
Wheel repair specialist (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 21, 2016
Do not work here. You will be lied to constantly and make no money. They promise you the world then give you nothing. Stay away. The last 2week paycheck I received was just before Christmas, it was less than $350.00
Comfortable Work Enviornment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 11, 2012
Alloy Wheel Repair Specialists is a family owned franchisor in Norcross, GA. It is a reputable business with friendly employees. I have been employed there for 2.5 years and have advance my position and salary every year.
I am the Marketing Manager for the AWRS brand and I spend a majority of the day providing marketing support for our corporate office, 150 global franchisees, and franchise sales departments. I am often busy and must multitask and deliver material across multiple business units and functions that support brand growth in accordance with defined marketing goals.
I enjoy my dynamic role in the company as I am often working on multiple projects with critical deadlines. However, I believe that I have outgrown my position with the company and unfortunately there is not room for professional growth. I am looking for an opportunity to further develop my professional experience and challenge my personal skill set.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, job recognition, dynamic work enviornment
Cons
frequent turnover, lack of cross functional communication, undefined leadership roles
Run Away as fast as you can
Wheel Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IowaOctober 23, 2015
I worked for the Hiawatha/Cedar Rapids Office for about a month but was paid for only two weeks of the four. Simply put, I was ripped off the other two weeks of work that I completed. Yet, the company still billed out to other dealerships for my completed work.

Essentially, I was scammed for at least $500-$1,000 since the job is paid entirely by commission.

When I was first hired, I was told the entire time by management that I would occupy the Iowa territory covering: Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Quad Cities. About a week into employment, management hired another person; which I thought was strange at the time.

The reason for the additional hire (as told to me) was because they would be expanding into Illinois and needed the additional help with markets like Galesburg, Peoria, etc. Little did I know that I was training my eventual replacement!

One Friday afternoon, the owner randomly did an impromptu inspection on one of the many car lots I serviced and felt compelled to "let me go." I could tell he had did this hire/fire gimmick to other employees because he was so calm in his demeanor.

I had given "Rod" absolutely no reason to let me go, other than the fact, Alloy did not want to pay my salary. I did not bother to take Alloy to small claims court. I feel vindicated a bit, obviously Karma has something to do with their recent high turnover, as they are constantly hiring in my area. They simply can not keep any body around.

Management is used to preying on uneducated people who do not have the perspective of working for diligent employers. Look elsewhere! The
  more... boss is looking for someone to do all his dirty work while he sits around and collects all the money!  less
Pros
Work your own schedule, Use the company vehice for personal reasons, establish relationships with other car dealers
Cons
Constantly monitored by management via phone gps, secret check ups, lack of trust between management, pay is feast or famine but mostly famine
productive work place with plenty of work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYAugust 6, 2013
Generaly a good place to work but salary is strictly commisioned based with some down time due to equipement failures in which my time was not compensated
Pros
good current job security
Cons
no compensation for down time due to equipement failures, long hours
Unprofessional
Wheel Repairman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2013
Needed work and the employer called on a moments notice, part time with no benefits, they just stopped calling one day.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Poor management
avoid at all costs
repair specialist (Former Employee) –  midwestNovember 25, 2013
first they will set you up for the most unprofessional interview, ask illegal questions. if have kids or married you are basically not even considered.

job you basically drive around all day, hoping a customer calls or park at a dealership and con the car dealers into redoing wheels on brand new cars. if you can't lie your way into a sale, guess what no money.

35,000 is a joke, you will have weeks were make barely $100. realistically 25,000 tops
Pros
learn scamming and lying to make money
Cons
hours, pay (commission based), management