Allscripts Employee Reviews

Avoid!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2016
Management rides on employee's coattails...they cannot produce an original though therefore you will need to make them look good. Constant threats regarding your job security. Management is belittling & condescending, but quick to take your credit!
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Upper management hasn't a clue. They try to tell you how to do your job, but are so far removed from the position they don't know whats best.
Allscripts
Senior Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 29, 2016
Great EMR product. Great cafeteria if you work at corporate. Ability to work from home. Great clients to train. Corporate environment.
Team approach. Lots of training provided both personal improvement, client tools and product training.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Travel over 100% late nights and weekends
Great place to experience EMR application and ancillary systems
System Analyst - Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 2, 2016
Review emails
Meeting with management and project managers
Review with immediate management and scope
Work with co workers on several projects to achieve goal of project assigned.
Numerous amounts of projects running at the same time but with assistance with management.
Most enjoyable part of the job is learning from management who I learn from on a daily basis to apply both at work and personal life
Pros
Advance career and learning opportunities
Cons
Unexpected incidents, but collaborative teamwork to achieve results
Productive and fun work place
Sr. Strategic Event Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2016
No real complaints about this company. Everyday was very different. Work culture was great as well as home life balance. Not hard work if you are willing to focus in and do your job.
Changing Directions
Regional Vice President National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2016
MedHost was founded in 1984 and has weathered the changes of healthcare and regulations. They have designed new solutions that are becoming competitive in the market and should be able to compete in the short term.
AVP is a Jerk
Unknown Job (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 24, 2016
AVP of hosting sales is terrible. Calls out people in front of large groups to embarrass them if they have even the slightest incorrect answer. I have never worked for a company that puts up with that kind of harassment by any executive
Pros
good pay
Cons
Management has no patience
Lots of work, but people are like family
Tiger/PM EDI Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2016
The workload is heavy, but the people there are like family. I still go to lunch on a regular basis with co-workers from Allscripts. The work is stressful because of the deadlines and sales goals, etc...
Do not work in support
Sr. technical support consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2016
I worked in support for 13 years. When I first began with the company it was a great environment that was very family oriented. After 2 mergers the culture changed and I saw many friends, smart talent being laid off for the bottom line. The company is more concerned with getting two bodies in there for lower pay with no experience than keeping talent who know the systems and processes. Upper management became more concerned with a turn and burn attitude rather than the customer satisfaction. Many support jobs were sent to India along with development where the concept and understanding of US Healthcare is nonexistent. Job responsibilities on US workers were higher than Indian counterparts leading to a very stressful and hostile work environment. When asked by friend if I would ever go back to Allscripts my answer has always been absolutely not!!
Pros
PTO bank for seniority
Cons
Management, work/life balance (nonexistent)
first job
HealthMatics ED Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NC 27518January 6, 2017
First job out of college, enjoyed the people I worked with. Learned a lot of customer service but struggled with the third shift hours. Would work there again.
Review Summary
Director of Implementation (Former Employee) –  Home OfficeDecember 20, 2016
Overall a nice place to work. I traveled most of my career and the job was one of the best I have ever had but the most difficult part of the job was the travel.
Excellent
Sr. Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 10, 2016
Great place to work -- good management, challenging opportunities, and nice people. Benefits include Medical/Dental, 401K and generous holiday schedule/paid time off.
Excellent
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  PembrokeDecember 31, 2016
Easy to use and accurate. Will use this site every time I'm looking for a job. I like the fact that the resume is already added to my profile and easy to update.
Great Team
Senior Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2016
i work with a great team and it has been a great experience working with them. I have learned a lot from working with my team. I met a lot of wonderful people who have impacted my life.
Solid Company
Senior Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 11, 2016
My time at Allscripts was productive, I have nothing negative to say. They took the time to make sure employees knew the product and were able to pass that knowledge forward to the client.
Work life balance is terrible
Expert Technical-Application Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2016
Management does not care about employees, they are more interested in cutting costs, and outsourcing.
Management is rude, difficult to work with, and sucks up constantly to the directors. The entire company is comprised of a "good old boys" network...
Fun Workplace
Product Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2016
Diverse Company and great culture. I have truly enjoyed working with the Company. Allscripts is a family-oriented company. Management has been fair.
Incompetenet
Manager (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 4, 2016
Only choose this company if you dont have any other option
Staff will only help when absolutely necessary because they are typically treated similarly to you with no respect.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, poor communication, low salary
Productive and Fun Workplace
Network / Systems Support & OC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 19, 2016
- Great place to learn due to large environment supported
- Great People to work with
- Great Management
- Good work/life balance
- Overall it's a great environment to work in
Pros
Lots to learn to help with Advancement
No job security
Interface Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTApril 19, 2016
Chaotic management. No job security at all. Work/life balance is nonexistent. Long, long hours are required with no comp time given for weekend work. When you work for Allscripts, they own you. They will not hesitate to outsource jobs to India.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
No work/life balance. No job security.
Antiquated Tech, Inept Management, Boring, Robotic Culture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 4, 2016
If you're looking for a cutting edge tech environment look elsewhere. Still using circa 2000 tech and trying to modernize but failing miserably.

Management is inept, non-technical and made up of phone tech support folks who climbed the ranks into dev managment. They follow Agile/SCRUM in a useless fashion.

Dimly lit work floors, old cubes, pointless group meetings, little progress.

Very easy to earn pay and do nothing while there. Benefits are decent. Full of folks not looking for any thing outside of routine days. Fear of change, no sense of excellence. Low on motivation.

Their customers do not love them. Limited future.

Great place to "retire to pasture" because they won't fire you once you get in. You'll easily get merit increases for "just trying".

Their expertise: Their work will bore you to death and convince you how pointless and wasteful the EHR software is.

Caveat Emptor
Pros
Do next to nothing, get paid
Cons
Mind numbing, boring, pointless work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allscripts. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime