Allscripts Employee Reviews in United States

Do not work in support
Sr. technical support consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2016
I worked in support for 13 years. When I first began with the company it was a great environment that was very family oriented. After 2 mergers the culture changed and I saw many friends, smart talent being laid off for the bottom line. The company is more concerned with getting two bodies in there for lower pay with no experience than keeping talent who know the systems and processes. Upper management became more concerned with a turn and burn attitude rather than the customer satisfaction. Many support jobs were sent to India along with development where the concept and understanding of US Healthcare is nonexistent. Job responsibilities on US workers were higher than Indian counterparts leading to a very stressful and hostile work environment. When asked by friend if I would ever go back to Allscripts my answer has always been absolutely not!!
Pros
PTO bank for seniority
Cons
Management, work/life balance (nonexistent)
AVP is a Jerk
Unknown Job (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 24, 2016
AVP of hosting sales is terrible. Calls out people in front of large groups to embarrass them if they have even the slightest incorrect answer. I have never worked for a company that puts up with that kind of harassment by any executive
Pros
good pay
Cons
Management has no patience
Allscripts Review
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Allscripts provides excellent opportunities for career advancement and development. Those opportunities are diverse in many locations. I have enjoyed skill development that is very valuable. My work experience has been with both clinicians and on-clinicians and positive. Client experience is very positive and they do receive my focused and timely delivery of content with confidence.
Pros
Skill Advancement and Multiple locations
Cons
None at this time
Productive and Fun Workplace
Network / Systems Support & OC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 19, 2016
- Great place to learn due to large environment supported
- Great People to work with
- Great Management
- Good work/life balance
- Overall it's a great environment to work in
Pros
Lots to learn to help with Advancement
Antiquated Tech, Inept Management, Boring, Robotic Culture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 4, 2016
If you're looking for a cutting edge tech environment look elsewhere. Still using circa 2000 tech and trying to modernize but failing miserably.

Management is inept, non-technical and made up of phone tech support folks who climbed the ranks into dev managment. They follow Agile/SCRUM in a useless fashion.

Dimly lit work floors, old cubes, pointless group meetings, little progress.

Very easy to earn pay and do nothing while there. Benefits are decent. Full of folks not looking for any thing outside of routine days. Fear of change, no sense of excellence. Low on motivation.

Their customers do not love them. Limited future.

Great place to "retire to pasture" because they won't fire you once you get in. You'll easily get merit increases for "just trying".

Their expertise: Their work will bore you to death and convince you how pointless and wasteful the EHR software is.

Caveat Emptor
Pros
Do next to nothing, get paid
Cons
Mind numbing, boring, pointless work.
Incompetenet
Manager (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 4, 2016
Only choose this company if you dont have any other option
Staff will only help when absolutely necessary because they are typically treated similarly to you with no respect.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, poor communication, low salary
Na
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2016
Management is unorganized. They don't have a clear understanding on the scope of their assignments. The people are nice, but management is not very efficient with handling work, providing guidance.
Fun Workplace
Product Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2016
Diverse Company and great culture. I have truly enjoyed working with the Company. Allscripts is a family-oriented company. Management has been fair.
Management needs a serious overhaul
marketing (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 6, 2016
The job itself is good the management is a disaster. The current turnover reflects that. The company as a whole is not so bad it's the lack of feedback that is given to management and if you do not have existing relationships or if you are not friends with people your screwed.
Pros
Great exposure in the industry
Cons
good employees, smart talent, good pay and time off
Hardware/Software IT phone support/sales (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 24, 2015
Good place to work,but all talent was laid off, and sent overseas
Lots of good folks who all go along and were happy.Lots of folks with college degrees. I went to NC State and worked here for 15 years
I like working with people, I have a Sociology major as well.
Pros
good pay, time off
Cons
lots of talent was laid off and sent overseas for incompetent folks who long standing clients hated.
Will not go gray there
UPGRADE/IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 2, 2016
Company values youth, go there to cut your teeth in the industry then get scooped up by a consulting firm. Company values the new blood and new ideas they bring in. Compensation always a weakness.
Used to be great- now average at best
office worker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 1, 2015
When I joined Allscripts it was a dynamic, innovative IT company with a culture driven my the vision.

It's become a typical office-space type business that is only focused on share prices and the bottom line.

The leadership lacks strategy or vision, which shows in the half-cocked, knee-jerk reactions, metrics, lack of plans, etc. there has ceased to be a roadmap and it shows.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
reducing benefits, pay scale sliding down, lack of vision
Fun and productive
Project Management / Agile Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCMarch 22, 2016
Worked there for 15 years , learned a lot. There was work life balance. Started implementing agile and worked as scrum master
High pressure and no work/life balance
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2015
No clear communication or commitment to retention. Compensation was below median average, but demands were numerous. Biggest pressure was no sense of job security.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Top heavy with management and overload the middle and lower level staff.
Challenging
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Depending on the site, the work at Allscripts is very challenging. I've learned a great deal with the different applications that I have handled.
Pharmacy Team
Solutions Architect, Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company and with my co-workers in my department and others. We worked as a team to assist each other when in need or to just share info. The hardest part of the job was working remote and not having face time with team members except when at client sites. Miss the face team meetings we use to have. I liked how we had a good working relationship with the development team. This helped us as employee's along with our clients.
Cons
recent downsizing of the company.
Large company but we were able to work together as teams and it didn't seem like a place with 6,000+ employees.
Manager, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2015
I spent over 16 years at Allscripts and really enjoyed working with my teammates, management gave us the freedom to work without being micro managed and when we able to bring clients live it really felt like we were making a differences, by far the best group of folks I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
Good company
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2015
Travel is Mon-Thurs. Work is remote depending on the project you're working on. Management does not check in that often. You have to be able to work independently and product results
Not a recommended place to work
SENIOR SUPPORT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 9, 2015
I worked at Allscripts for 10 years. The first 6 years were great. Great culture, great benefits. After the merger of Allscripts with Misys, it started to go down hill. Company was focused on the bottom line and started to cut many jobs held by senior employees.
Pros
Co-workers were great to work with; good benefits
Cons
No room for growth. Understaffed.
Working at
An Information Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed coming in to work and deal with customers on a daily basis. I have learned a lot on the job and with my co-workers.
Pros
Good learning Experience
Cons
Short Breaks