Allscripts

Allscripts Employer Reviews

A typical hospital IT setting
System Analyst (Former Employee), New Hyde Park, NYOctober 6, 2014
Pros: work is easy and not intensive
Cons: traffic is terrible from brooklyn
It take a while to settle into with the coworkers. They already formed a tight group.
Solid place to work
Senior Manager/ Regional Manager/ Field Engineer (Former Employee), remoteSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: 401k matching, 30 days/yr pto
Cons: little loyalty to remote employees/ long term employees.
worked daily with clients, peers from sales, development, support, services, procurement, and many other depts.
Project Manager / Implementation
Project Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Client implementation via lync meeting.
Training clients on functionality of the Dashboard & Patient Portal.
Assist with questions and answers about funtionality.
Run sequel scripts for Mass Blast invites to patients.
Disable previous patient portal.
Implement product from kickoff to transition to support conducted in 7 meetings.
Contract Postion
Senior Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), RemoteSeptember 9, 2014
Contract Position- Temporary, FMH Patient Portal.
Liaise with clients to analyze, determine, and document the customer's business requirements.
Identify product configuration and customization requirements
Provide training to clients to bring them to proficiency in using the product
Serve as the client's application expert, ensuring the system set up – more... supports workflow decisions
Provide front end systems support during data conversion and branch roll out in country to ensure successful system roll out
Deliver application training to clients or employees in either a classroom, online via telephone
Provide information, advice, guidance and updates throughout the project lifecycle in order to assist management to eliminate risks and increase the likelihood of project success – less
Good people, misguided and poor leadership
Support (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 6, 2014
Good people, misguided and poor leadership. No common culture, no designated paths to advancement. Lots of frustrating work that would be shelved or forgotten. Managers spoke little to each other.
Productive and fun place to work with
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Managing day to day activities of DBA,maintenance and huge scope of learning
Welcoming Company
Application Analyst (Current Employee), Long Island, NYAugust 5, 2014
Allscripts has been a very welcoming and professional company.
Stable, productive company
Professional Systems Client Sales Executive (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2014
With a very competitive environment, Allscripts needs to find growth if they plan to be around in 7 years. The company has struggled to add new business in the last 5+ years.
ok place to work at.
Associate Support Consultant -Homecare (Former Employee), chicago ilJuly 24, 2014
• Provide customs with technical support regarding their computer application
• Research, using all available tools, including knowledge base, and data test as needed to assist in resolving client issues.
• Took incoming calls and provide troubleshooting step to resolve the customer concern.
• Escalate call if issue was not resolved to the next tier.
 – more... Opened tickets regarding every issues and then closed the ticket once the problem was resolved. – less
A typical day at work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2014
Coming in working at Allscripts I worked independently. I would check my emails because I had constant contact with the team I was supporting. Finish any requisitions that maybe are still in approval process, process invoices for contractors, process time sheets, and expense reports, and reports that needed to be done for the VP of IT services. I learned – more... a lot of new software that has made me a even sharper administrator. My co workers that were not even in the same state were very helpful when I needed to find certain executives for certain approvals until I got to know everybody. This was a contract position but I enjoyed my time while I was there – less
Great place to work each day brings new positive challanges.
Manager Desktop Operations (Current Employee), Whittier, CAJune 15, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, pto bucket
Cons: n/a
Opportunities to work with managers and directors to resolve complex issues.

Training new desktop employees.

Implementing policies.
Worked with a class group of team members, both in Development, QA, and Design.
Senior Quality Assurance Tester and Lead (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 3, 2014
Pros: great location, office environment;
Cons: large company, which can have visibility/recognition challenges.
- My typical day revolved around managing the test project at hand, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes, triaging defects, resource management, prioritizing assignments, and troubleshooting issues.

- Learned to use various state-of-the art tools, including Microsoft Test Manager, VSTS Team Explorer, – more... MS Project as well as newly embraced Agile methodologies;

-Worked under a wonderful manager that had faith to let me tackle challenging tasks;

-My team was the best of the crop - very motivated, proactive, and accountable. They did what it took to help deliver a quality product;

- Most difficult part was losing key members of the team - it was great to see them get promoted or find a better position elsewhere but it was still tough to see them go;

- The most enjoyable part was the day-to-day engagement within the team. I truly enjoyed the give and take that comprised the work involved in delivering a new release, feature or product. – less
Ensuring the functionality, appearance, and security of the office.
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago,ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Allscripts is a great career to begin with on your journey to success.
Good people but poorly organized.
Senior Business Analyst - ERP (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 5, 2014
Good people but poorly organized. Always seems to operate in "fire drill" mode which causes issues in work-life balance.
Employee Morale
Facilities Specialist/Office Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 2, 2014
Pros: excellent people to work with
Cons: management
I enjoyed being a part of Allscripts due to the people I worked along side of for the 8 1/2 years I was there.
Great Work/Life balance
System Analyst (Current Employee), Melville, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: tons of education courses for employees, free lunches
This employer encourages hard work, that drives learning and display your professional talent, yet have the ability to support your personal life.
I learned so much!
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 21, 2014
Great place to start out! I think Raleigh is one of the most vibrant places to live.
Allscripts
Clinical Support Technician / SME In Technology (Current Employee), Melville, NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good it teams and a great learning experience
Cons: if you are not rested you can burn out very easily.
Great company to work for. It is a fast paced Healthcare environment full of challenges. Work is never boring and growth in this company is great.
Opportunities
National Accounts Manager- Regional manager (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILApril 1, 2014
Pros: tons of exposure, and sales development skills
Cons: traveled 5 days a week out of state on average, and poor pay with constant change to commission plan
When I started at Allscripts, I was hired as an Account Executive training physicians and staff around the country on how to use the platform. I was the IT person, the demonstrator, the project manager, the Tradeshow rep, and also the primary contact for all customer matters in this role. I was promoted in less than 6 months to become a National Accounts – more... Manager where I was only responsible for selling and developing new business. I reached and passed my quota in less than 3 weeks time, and was recognized as Top Salesperson of 65 of my peers. From here I was granted a Regional Management opportunity which allowed me to get insight on being groomed for a Regional Director position. The opportunity to be part of a private company and then go public was very fun, unfortunately, too many people were jumping away from the company, and I too was approached for a more enticing opportunity as well. – less
A really great company.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2014
A typical day included developing business requirements, managing multiple projects, managing project scope, and devising business-oriented metrics to improve productivity.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allscripts

Jokes about doctors' handwriting may go the way of house calls, thanks to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions. The company provides software, – Read more