Allscripts Employee Reviews

very structured and process driven
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
Training and admin processes are well defined. Support services are good and fairly responsive. The various systems are secure well protected. Good holiday and pto package.
Temporary Position
Senior Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
Unfortunately my position at Allscripts was only temporary. I would have loved to transition to a permanent one had something become available. They offered goof pay and benefits and the mangers were very focused on employee job satisfaction.
Very stressful work environment
MS Expert Service Desk Analyst - P4 (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CANovember 8, 2017
Micromanagement made this job hard to enjoy and extremely stressful, too fast paced and not enough time to help customers because it was about quantity and not quality.
Pros
My co-workers were there to help answer difficult questions
Cons
Management was not very helpful since they don't do our jobs
Good place to work at.
Expert Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2017
Very good place to work at. You feel the importance of your job as it impacts the health care of millions of people! Balanced work/life culture and great people as colleagues!
Great people, poor advancement policies
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2017
Enjoyed the people, loved the work, was not happy with the performance appraisal and raise/promotion procedures.
Good access to training, encouraged to expand skill sets.
Company expands by acquisition,
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pmrp
after 11 years of working there
Sr. Support Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  REMOTENovember 7, 2017
It started off really good, I blossomed, moved up within the company, it felt like WE were all a part of a big family, my manager was my mentor, upper management cared about their employees. BUT overtime with corporate world changes, things started to go down the hill, management changes, it seemed that all the support was being moved more to India. I LOVED MY JOB, because of all of the challenges, I loved my coworkers, it was team effort, no matter of your location U.S or India. This job had inspired me to pursue further my career in healthcare
Pros
no micromanagement, if you worked hard & produced good quality results you were recognized
Cons
employment being moved more to India
It was good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
Good work environment and great people to work with. The management effectivesness and the help provided my employees is an added advantage to work here. Steep learning curve.
Great experience
Analyst/Application Tester (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 30, 2017
Fosters learning, growth and potential. Worked with a diverse group of professionals and learned different workflows and how technology has revamped healthcare systems.
Clueless company, subpar products, unsustainable
Documentation (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2017
Mass layoffs occurring, despite very heavy workloads. Subpar HCIT applications. Subpar documentation. Company has been growing, but not due to stellar products, but because they acquire business from merging. IMO, this is not business-wise nor sustainable. I equate it with having to buy your friends. They keep you around not b/c they like you, but b/c you pay them. Allscripts buys smaller HCIT companies, thus "buying" their clients. The company also puts across a facade that everything is fabulous, but look at their stock price ($12-$14), it is no where near some of their large competitors ($75-$124). Allscripts likes to think they are playing with the big kids and they are fit, but this is a delusion. What they are doing is creating a tower of Babylon. They'll keep growing ...and then they'll fall.
If you are considering working at Allscripts, due your due diligence and always be on the look out for better opportunities. This company is inept at building a sustainable future. They are just out for immediate gratification. In this business climate, you are doomed to fail.
Benefits OK, if you like having a $1500 deductible for health care.
Was a great learning experience. Got 3 months severance, which I am very grateful for. I wouldn't change a thing, yet, I wouldn't go back, either.
Pros
Most of the people are nice, hard working folks, Raleigh office is new and not downtown or at RTP
Cons
see my review...all cons
stressfull-unappreciative place to work
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 25, 2017
80 + hours per week, nights, weekends, holidays. no clear vision, no future advancement. although the time off was "available" never allowed to take when wanted or needed.
Great people to work with
PROJECT MANAGER, SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2017
Overall enjoyable company to work for with great people from middle management and below. The down side is senior management does not mingle with employees and their tendency to execute layoffs makes it difficult to become invested in a career future.
Long hours - no work life balance, poor training
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 12, 2017
The company as a whole, seemed great. Good benefits, good pay. Executive leadership seemed exceptional and forthcoming with information to the employees.

But the work hours are extremely long to meet billable quota. No work life balance.

They provide "No" solution training for new employees besides the manual and recorded videos.

I cannot say it is like this in all departments. It may be perfect in other areas. Just when you interview, ask about what they provide for new employee training and how many hours is considered "normal". You will find these two questions very important.
Pros
Good benefits, great HR team, good executive leadership
Cons
Poor Middle Management - no training for new employees
Allscripts is an ok place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 11, 2017
Allscripts gives you a certain number of PTO days per year and then you get nickled and dimed on the usage. you get two days to work from home each month and if anything else comes up you need to take your PTO.
Pros
lots of free lunches
Cons
not given enough time to get the job done, priorities change on a dime
An invaluable 8 years experience
Sr. Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27615October 6, 2017
Had an exciting 8 years at Allscripts exposed to various challenges and training opportunities. Work environment very healthy. Co-worker very supportive as well as management.
Culture shifting for the worse over time
Services worker bee (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 5, 2017
When it was a smaller company, they cared a lot more about Allscripts being a really FUN place to spend 40-50 hours a week. Now everything is about meeting THIS QUARTER's numbers. "Only key essential travel from now until year end". "Layoffs coming soon in SUPPORT". More offshore outsourcing. Services Leadership seems to care more about "tracking productivity" than actively working to "increase" it (Populating CLARITY takes 20-25% of many people's day).

Oh well- the pay is good and the location (at least in Raleigh) ROCKS- North Hills sure beats RTP.
Pros
paycheck never bounced
Cons
Upper leadership does not trust lower leadership
Good people and products
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2017
Great product, great people. Felt no direction from management. In the year that I was there, directions changed in significant ways within my department 3 times.
Okay place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greater New YorkOctober 2, 2017
Lots of testing and executing scripts, which can be quite monotonous. There's much to be learned, but never time to take classes for professional development. The people are mostly pleasant, but management needs to brush up on their management skills.
Pros
Group outings.
Cons
No remote days.
New management in their role - in-experienced - unfortunate!
Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 15, 2017
Unfortunately the "knowledgeable Manager/Supervisor" left Allscripts because of internal politics (2 months after me being hired). If he were to have remained on board - I could have been successful. Unfortunately there was an in-experienced manager that was promoted to fill the shoes of the helpful manager. I am sad that I had to leave the company because of poor management.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
management
Poor management and under staffed
Associate System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 15, 2017
Work place was always under staffed. Staff is unable to keep up with work load. Poor management led to quality workers leaving. Job advancement was a long process.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Always busy
The work environment is good
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2017
My team members are too cool to work with, I like the work environment all are friendly, my current manager and previous manager are too cool to work with. Flexible timings. No micro management. Basically looks if the work is done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allscripts. Our community is ready to answer.