Allscripts Employee Reviews in United States

Senior Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Allscripts is a great place to work they just fall short on raises and listening to employees suggestions. I learned many skills here and the on the job training was great. Direct managers were pleasant to work with but it seems like good ideas from the employees fell through the cracks. Co-workers were more than willing to go out of their way to help and the overall culture of the company was nice. Good place to work.
Good company, treated me well during my tenure.
Product Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote- Mobile, ALJune 30, 2015
Good company, treated me well during my tenure. Opportunities for advancement were presented and work/life balance was respected.
Challeging but rewarding job
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2015
Allscripts is a challenging place to work but yet rewards the employees for their hard work. In a help desk capacity and on the phones all day was what was challenging.
Pros
Benefits for fultime
Cons
On the phones all day
Challenging
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Depending on the site, the work at Allscripts is very challenging. I've learned a great deal with the different applications that I have handled.
No Work-Life Balance / No culture
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 21, 2015
There is no work life balance at Allscripts - managers require 60, 70, 80 hours and more. When you think you've given all you can give, they TELL you to work Saturdays and Sundays and nights and forget your vacation -- they tell you to get on conference calls at the beach!
Pros
Close to home, Pay is good
Cons
No balance, medical benefits suck
Pharmacy Team
Solutions Architect, Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company and with my co-workers in my department and others. We worked as a team to assist each other when in need or to just share info. The hardest part of the job was working remote and not having face time with team members except when at client sites. Miss the face team meetings we use to have. I liked how we had a good working relationship with the development team. This helped us as employee's along with our clients.
Cons
recent downsizing of the company.
Allscripts Review
Client Support Services (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Allscripts has great benefits and compensates well. However, there is no job security in this company. They do not value their employees and longevity, loyalty and proven job success are of no concern to this company.
Pros
good benefits and compensation
Cons
mandatory 24/7 beeper rotation, stressful metrics to meet that are many times out of the control of the analyst, micro mangement with every phone call, screen change, task being recorded and results sent to mgrs
Fast-paced & challenging - friendly employees
Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2013
Fast paced challenging environment. Used to be a fun place to work before Company changed hands and management. Now morale is low due to the change in company culture. Not enough recognition/appreciation for employees who work hard and do a great job. It helps that fellow employees are freindly and work well together despite favoritisim and sometimes lack of communicaiton from managers
Pros
on-site cafeteria and fitness center & good salary
Cons
favortism and lack of communication from management
Product Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IlAugust 30, 2015
Allscripts offers great benifits and is a fun place to work. They are family focused and give back to local communities.
Misleading when Hired, Poor communication from all levels
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 7, 2015
Expectations changed on a weekly basis without much communication from management. In general, the management was very poor at communicating expectations and company goals to the people on the ground who had direct interaction with the client.
Internally it was difficult to find assistance from other departments.
It was great to work from home, yet at the same time you are expected to always be available, whether it is before/after normal work hours or on weekends.
My direct coworkers are great people who are always willing to assist. Management needs an overhaul as people who do not have the leadership qualities to be in that position keep getting promoted about their skill level.
I loved the prior CEO and thought he had great vision, but not so sure about the current CEO. He does not share as much and it is hard to determine where your place in the company is or how you fit into the bigger picture.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Poor communication, Poor management, Not given tools / time needed to be successful

Want to know more about Allscripts?

Ask a question
Great place to work with flexible work schedule
Interface Analyst/Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJune 24, 2015
A regular day consisted of moving multiple projects forward via system configuration, system testing and collaboration with group to maintain project scope and deliverables.
Pros
Able to work at home office or work office
Cons
the ability to work from home often meant a blur between work/life balance
Good teamwork
Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2015
Strong teamwork with good support from each member of the team. Good project manager with no micro managing.
A typical day at work started early and sometimes ended late.
Working remotely was beneficial.
I learned much about the instructional design process.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a large project within the desired time frame.
Working at
An Information Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed coming in to work and deal with customers on a daily basis. I have learned a lot on the job and with my co-workers.
Pros
Good learning Experience
Cons
Short Breaks
Exciting Place to Work
VP (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
It's an exciting and ever-changing work environment, with a lot of dedicated people. To succeed here, you must work hard, do a great job, build your relationships, but also be aggressive about managing your own career forward... nothing will ever be handed to you without your active intervention.
It's A living
(Kinexus), Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAMay 27, 2015
Allows for remote and work from home opportunities. Offers divers atmosphere. The culture of the company has changed.
What a joke
Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IlJanuary 22, 2014
If this is an example of corporate America at its finest, than let me off of this ride. What a confused and messy environment. Management playing employee against employee and promises of raises and promotions are all lies.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pretty much everything else. also, very racially charged atmosphere...a clear back of the bus mentality.
Gptw
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 17, 2015
Great Place to work with a good culture and development for new hires. Ample parking super cafeteria. Excellent location and accessibility
Fast-paced, fun, lots to learn
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYAugust 26, 2015
Always see something different at Corporate HQ and is also a very enjoyable place to work. The people are great and are always happy seeing a job well done.
Pros
Kitchen, free coffee/tea, water coolers, on-site cafe.
Cons
Extremely high maintenance
Tough but still a great place to work
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 26, 2013
Allscripts is a great company to work for, the benefits are good with many options to choose from for you and your family. Salary is competitive. 401k matching is fair

Only downside, as a remote employee I don't have the day to day interaction with co-workers and sometimes feel like I am questioned more then other workers when it comes to where I got information I am passing along to clients.
Pros
benefits, salary, 401k
Cons
remote employee feels like outcast sometimes
Excellent place to work and always recognized for your talents
Expert Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Remote Charlotte NCNovember 20, 2014
Excellent place to work and always recognized for your talents. Management puts a lot of focus on the employees and opportunities for advancement.