Allstate Insurance
1,763 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Bring yourself to work.....
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good team members.
Cons: Team leads are very rude, no chance for promotion, and duplicitous actions
Bring yourself to work but only if your overall positive to the point where it hurts. With that said I did enjoy the people I worked with. I formed a great bond with people from my training class, and with other members on my team.

Working with the team leads was a different story. Filing claims we are supposed to do what is right for the customer. One call is to take care of a great deal of the problems. However it is a call center and one of the biggest issues is call volume. The problem here is you can't do you both and you're held accountable either way. Have a high time your away from the phone trying to get a manager, trying to assist a customer, or agent? Doesn't matter, that time was spent where you could have taken another call. Resolving calls too fast or meeting your numbers? Well, your in trouble there because you may not have resolved the call.

When the team leads would come to talk to me and other team members, they were extremely condescending and rude. Again, it was that exaggerated positive attitude which came off offensive. I understand how businesses work but I should have known something was up when I learned two things. The first was they had a theme song. Second, it was Everything is Awesome from the Lego Movie. It's a fun song, but it's meaning is about being a conformist isn't work place appropriate. Even more so when the company culture is about bringing ourselves to work, and that each individual person matters at Allstate.
A wonderful place to work
Admin (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 26, 2015
This was a really great place to get my career started. The boss was great and they offer days off and really want to help you succeed in the company will to pay for furthering your education in the company. Wonderful Company to work for
A great place to work
Lic salesman (Current Employee), Jefferson , LaMay 26, 2015
Pros: great comissions, and time off
Cons: It was only so much you can do for the customers
I learned the insurance business from an agent role and loved it, I can get outside the office to create more business and take care of personal matters.
Relaxed atmosphere
Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 22, 2015
Good boss, but lack of training by Allstate Corp, some lack of feedback. Set areas of work not defined. I found a lack of passion on my part to sell insurance to be the most problematic issue.
Fun place to make customers happy by serving them ice cream.
Office intern (Former Employee), Kaneohe, HIMay 21, 2015
A typical day would be cleaning the shop to get it ready for the day. We would make fresh ice cream daily and serving customers with a smile.
I learned how to deal with customers and how to make the perfect ice cream.
I got a long with all of my co-workers and even to this day we still contact each other!
The hardest part of the job would be singing the songs in the shop because I have a terrible singing voice.
I really enjoyed making people happy everyday when they get the ice cream they want.
Production Control Analyst (Current Employee), Hudson, OHMay 21, 2015
Nice place to work. My co-workers are friendly and very helpful. The company really seems to care about their employees.
Stepping Stone Job for Young Adults
Emergency Dispatcher (CSR) (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 20, 2015
Novo 1 was a stepping stone job for me fresh out of HS. It allowed me to gain the customer service experience I needed to succeed.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 19, 2015
The best part of the job is to be able to help our customer success during their time of hardship by being able to help them financially with any product of our service
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee), Waycross, GAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good lunch breaks
Cons: Horrible around the hollidays
Good customer service. Agents made the time there very enjoyable. Great owners and such a wonderful atmosphere to work in!
fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Draper, UTMay 18, 2015
fun place to work if you enjoy insurance, they are good about letting you have in-work activities

i learned all about insurance, management left something to be desired
Productive Fair Place to Work
Subrogation Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Perks
Cons: Costs of Medications on the Health Plan
Allstate is a great place to work the only issue I have is the low pay. You will be trained in several different jobs which is good but you will be required to do all the jobs at a low rate of pay. Allstate needs to bring their pay scale up for processing positions.
High Turnover
Inside Auto Liability Adjuster (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: too many to name
Worse place I've ever worked. Even the tenure employees regret staying as long and recommend to new employees to find somewhere else to go to work. They are stuck because of their salary. If you last more than a year, you are considered tenure. They are constantly hiring and firing employees. Working for this company also means to be prepared to work all holidays unless you have put in 20+ years.
great enviornment
Large Loss Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), michiganMay 17, 2015
Great people to work for, great retirement and benefits, very little turnover in my department. Pretty good case load and good backup.
Good entry level job when working at an agency
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Whittier, CAMay 17, 2015
Difficult to grow within an agency since they are owned by small business owners. Great place for new high school or college graduates to work at since it helps build you as a well rounded person.
Sales Producer
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Kalamazoo MIMay 17, 2015
Good flexible job, 9 to 530. Not much micromanaging but hitting sales goals and staying on the phones trying to reach to as many people as possible is the key to success.
Great workplace
Licensed Salesman (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee in the breakroom.
It's a fun environment with a lot of great benefits with a lot of great people to work with. I never minded coming to work and doing my job when I worked here.
Ok company
Licensed Premier Sales Agent (Current Employee), San antonio txMay 13, 2015
Help you receive your property and casualty license in fifty one states.

Poor technology and poor training environment.
good
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
Working there was good. It was enjoyable. Good work environment. The agent was really nice helping me. I recommend it to any one who is interested in it. Thank you very much.
Great Work atmosphere
Insurance Company New Business Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great Location
Cons: Downsizing
My job as a data entry rep was great. There were plenty advancement opportunites. Worked with skilled well trained individuals who knew the true meaning of team work
The insurance world what fun puzzle to put together~
Licensed Property&Casualty insurance sales prod (Current Employee), Wayne, NJMay 12, 2015
Pros: Flexibiltity at the agency where i'm currently working is by far the best!
Cons: Just my one night a week, theres one night where i'm at work til 7pm
There is no hardest part to my job as working in the insurance industry some things cant at times be a challenge but nothing you can't find a solution to. Working with clients on a daily basis is something I enjoy especially when I know once I'm done helping them, they are satisfied and I know that I tried my very best to help them with their insurance needs. When i go to work thats my focus work making friends with co-workers is a bonus but my ultimate goal is to due my work as effecient as possible help others where help is needed and focus on what needs to be done to move on to the next thing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

Your career awaits at Allstate. We’re 70,000 professionals strong, working each day to help protect nearly 16 million households. – Read more

Allstate Insurance Salaries