Allstate Insurance
1,595 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employer Reviews

The overall job experience was great.
Insurance Clerk (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GADecember 19, 2014
Pros: the satisfaction of knowing that i am helping in attending to customers needs
During my job experience, I greeted customers and attended to their needs. The jobs helped me learn how to understand and communicate with customers in a orderly but yet manageable fashion. The co-workers of mine were great. The hardest part of the jobs were dealing with customers but, I enjoyed it.
A great place to work
Mailroom Clerk/Team Lead (Former Employee), Hudson, OHDecember 19, 2014
Pros: paid every friday 401 k full health benefits
Cons: pay is to low
I loved allstate and if i could go back I would. The only bad thing about this company is the pay is really low for the type of work you do.
Fun to work at the client location - Allstate
Business Analyst (Current Employee), northbrook, ILDecember 19, 2014
Working at Allstate is lie a dream project. There is lot of learning involved.
easy job with lots of opportunity for advancement
CLAIMS ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Hudson, OHDecember 18, 2014
its a easy job and you meet lots of fun people but you have to have a college degree o advance to a good job, they do have excellent benefits and tuition reimbursement. The management is great! as a claims assistant you file papers and handle files to workers.
Productive and enjoyable time with a laid back environment
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Lutherville, MDDecember 18, 2014
Pros: got paid well, and would go out to eat with all the male co-workers
Cons: dealing with people with bad attitudes, getting calls from angry costumers
A typical day at work was getting to work at 11 and being a telemarketer calling people about car insurance leads and on Wednesdays I would work with a co-worker on getting life insurance leads. I learned that patience and being persistent is important because I might not always get a lead every call so I have to be patient and not get angry when I – more... don't always get a lead. Also if someone isn't sure about getting the lead just keep pushing it till they say yes . The management was excellent, always looked out for the best interest of employees and would be interactive with co-workers. The co-workers were very up beat and loved their job and what they were doing. Were friendly and welcoming also said hello when I came into the office. The hardest part of the job was getting comfortable enough to keep pushing people so they would say yes to getting a lead. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be working in a laid work place that was very welcoming and made me feel welcomed – less
great work place
Claims Admin/Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 18, 2014
great work place! great leaders, had to relocate.
great work place! great leaders, had to relocate
Good Hands Good Career
Property & Casualty Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2014
fun working with many different people and policy types every day.
Licensed Sales Producer
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at work includes getting leads to call potential customers, and also helping with current policy holders. The hardest part of the job is selling the insurance and dealing with angry customers when rates are increased. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer through a claim and seeing them get their deserved money.
Great work environment and facility, co-workers were wonderful.
Theft Property Adjuster (Former Employee), Hudson, OhDecember 17, 2014
Pros: nice facility, great staff
Cons: understaffed and not family oriented
Allstate is a good company to work for. Very focused on customer service.
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke, VADecember 16, 2014
I learned a completely different type of work at Allstate. I enjoyed the co-workers and it was a comfortable place to work. I was pregnant at the time and they worked great with me during this and letting me come back after giving birth. I worked here through a temp service.
Customer Service
Receptionist (Former Employee), Flossmoor, ILDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free breaks
Cons: no benefits
It was an OK job I don't think that I am good with sales. But I did learn a lot about the Insurance Buisness. My Boss was Great.
Working in a small office and watching it grow
Agent Neil Dobbs (Former Employee), Decatur, GADecember 14, 2014
Pros: able to work on my own, showcase my work, which put me in a place to grow.
Cons: no cons that i can think of.
I answered multi-lined phone systems. Greeted customers and answered questions regarding various types of policies. Quoted and completed property and casualty policies such as auto, renter's, homeowner's, personal articles, and etc. Collected payments and applied them to policies.
Flexible Schedule
Agency Manager (Current Employee), Xenia, OHDecember 13, 2014
Pros: shortlived bonuses
Cons: your sales market all depends on the companies rate changes
I would say that the flexible schedule is the best part of the job. The salary and commissions aren't always what they seem to be, and are disappointing at times. Overall, I would recommend this job for someone who needs that work/family life balance, but also who works hard and efficiently at the same time, and needs a job.
Licensed sales producer but my agent was lacking experience
LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 12, 2014
Pros: monday thru friday work schedule
Cons: no benefits and no job security
Excellent opportunity to expand my skill set and progress from customer service to licensed insurance agent and was promoted to acting manager/lead producer. The management at this agency was not very good as the broker was new to the business and inexperienced in the insurance business.
Loved the Sales enviroment
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee), MinnesotaDecember 12, 2014
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: commission based pay
This company is very flexible and allowed me to adjust my schedule to met me and my sons needs. I really enjoyed the environment and structure.
Love working for my church daycare being a lead teacher
Technical Support/Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Roanoke, VADecember 10, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: pay
This job was a beautiful job in and out with the kids and management
Worked in sales, Warehouse, with distribution and Management
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 9, 2014
When I worked for Allstate Insurance, I started out as an regular agent and after 4 years I was moved into my own office as an account agent to sell and service my customers. Lots of pressure to sell and produce life insurance for this company..Company was always changing its direction which made it hard to work for..I worked for Allstate/Sears for – more... over 38 years and retired in 2001 from retail.. – less
Fun coworkers
Counterintelligence Special Agent (Former Employee), MinnesotaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: job is constantly threatened
When you're selling the boss loves you...if you're not your job is threatened daily
Customers are in Good Hands
Agent/Owner (Former Employee), Tampa Bay, FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: compensation system
Great education programs!
Compensation commensurate with work put in.
Great Company
Liability Determination Adjuster (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 8, 2014
Great company to work for , very family oriented.excellent benefits...they teach and and train there workers.They are one of the best company around

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

The Allstate Corporation serves as the holding company for Allstate Insurance Company. The Company’s business is conducted – Read more

Allstate Insurance Photos