Allstate Insurance
1,870 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Great Brand
Office Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2015
My experience at Allstate is an enjoyable one, I learn something new everyday. The staff is helpful, there is so much to learn. The room for career growth is limited however the job is by far satisfying, since the options to help customers can be around resource.
Awesome place to work for Craig King
Property & Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches every week
Cons: You work from a lap top with no personal desk
A typical day at work would be interacting with the Automotive Sales Consultants to quote their customers after they deliver the vehicle. I learned a lot about property and casualty insurance and the importance of maintaining positive rapport with the Sales team for leads. All of the co-workers were helpful, outgoing and pleasant. The hardest part of the job was to actually have the sales consultants send you their customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the compensation and being a part of the team.
Office Manager (Former Employee), stuart flJuly 30, 2015
Fun place to work; Learned a lot from owner; Gained lots of knowledge and skills; Owner very supportive and encouraged creativity.
Productive/challenging workplace with great team players and accomplishment at the end of the day
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Boonville, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: bonuses - incentives
Cons: N/A
so enjoyed my 21 years at Allstate. GREAT company to work for with team players and always a supervisor to assist in giving us what we need to get the job done.

bi weekly phone conference to share ideas on what is working and what is not.

I never found my career a hard job - I always look at something new as a challenge that I was going to take on and succeed.

learned so much from sales/marketing - products etc. always had access to what I need to know/learn to get the job done.
Good teaching place
Internship (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJuly 29, 2015
I learned how to use a computer. Well Word, Excel and power point. They took the time to teach and give you a time frame for the project at hand.
Great CLERK work
Clerk (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 29, 2015
organized, filed and scanned paperwork. I learned that one must be patient, and reliable because if paperwork is lost, then customers would be mad.
great work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Longview, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: get work enviroment
Cons: no health
great business to work for everyone is friendly and on a time manner provides great customer service no matter how busy we are
Overall Good Company
Represented Homeowners Liability Adjuster (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2015
Allstate has good benefits and pays competitively. There is opportunity to move up in the company. Allstate provides all the tools needed to do your job well.
customer service specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJuly 27, 2015
I made courtesy calls for payment, calls about claims, handled incoming calls from clients, made adjustments on policies ie: adding/removal vehicles, answered questions, faxed requested info to banks.
Great people who try to always make the best decision for both the employee and the bottom line.
Agency Support / Service Partner Liaison (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits/Vacations/Personal time
Cons: 24 hour calls center needs vs employee needs.
Allstate was a great company to work with. I advanced throughout my 20 year career and I think they try to have a balance of work and life. Considering it is a publicly traded company not all decisions seemed to align with my goals for Allstate however in the end the bottom line was met.
Very Laid back enviroment
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Oxford, MSJuly 27, 2015
I enjoy working with the ladies at Allstate. I just feel as if there isn't enough room here for advancement with me being the new girl in town. The manager and owner are family and have worked together for many years by themselves and pretty much have a set routine which is awesome but there really isn't a lot of things that I can do due to their set routine and schedule.
Productive and rewarding place to work with a great culture
Sale & Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodridge ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great Rewards for work well done
Cons: Work weekends
Work at Allstate had it challenges as most jobs, due to being a part of the sales & service origination always kept me interfacing with our customers which was a key part of my role. I learned so much from this company and still apply a lot of what I learned in my day to day role now.
There were great opportunity for growth, and the rewards for a job well done were awesome! A lot of great staff members as well.
fun place to work
Switchboard/Assistant/Payroll (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working with my boss and learning the software.
Cons: not very good benefits
at the time I only worked part time and that is what I was hired to do. I took payments took information for the agent and got to work on their software.
Awesome workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 23, 2015
You must be a hard worker. Also, very detail oriented. Good benefits, great team players. Allstate is a great well rounded company.
Exceptional Company
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: varied shifts, incredibly oppurtunities for career advancement
Cons: Distance
Allstate is a wonderful company to work for. They are compassionate & caring. I made life long friends. I would go back in a minute if they had an opening!

Your co-workers are an amazing diverse group of people working toward a common goal. The managers, & team leads are incredibly supportive. It was the best job I ever had.
Customer Service
Subrogation Demand Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TexasJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Work environment
Cons: Management style, paid bi-weekly
Call center making inbound calls to Third Party Insurance Companies to collect money paid by their Auto Insurance Companies. My original assignment was to make calls requesting payment and document my conservation and also collect Insured deductible. After about three months I was moved to a higher level of collections asking not only for the deductible but also other collections related to payout on behalf of Insured. Third Party would promise to pay at a certain time and some would not keep their promise and I would have to start process all over again that was the hardest part of the job. Most of the communication was inbound and data entry using dual monitor and responsible for email response and also outbound calls as well. My overall experience was good, co-workers were awesome and very helpful also good benefits. Paid bi-weekly and not weekly. My first time doing collections and my experience was not bad but it was not a good fit for me. Micro management but not very hands on right out of training. Manager expected for co-workers to help you find your way.
Love my boss and co-workers!
Licensed Sales Professional (Current Employee), Western PennsylvaniaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: PTO, No micro-managing, flexible, room to advance
Cons: Not a lot of holiday time, benefits are pretty much non-existent
Allstate is a great company to work for, I just wish that they had better benefits. Hours aren't bad, and you aren't stuck working overtime.
Good Product
Senior Sales Agent (Current Employee), DenverJuly 22, 2015
Allstate is a great product and really strives on value. You really set your self apart from other carriers and as long as the leads are there, you will sell.
Great Learning Experience
Product Controller (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Overall experience was good. Great opportunity to learn insurance at an entry level. Very little room for advancement in the Atlanta area however, plenty of room to advance in Northbrook IL
Work environment
Risk Assistant - Underwriter (Former Employee), Hudson, OHJuly 21, 2015
Allstate was a wonderful place to work. The one the job training program was one the best I ever attended. The employees and management are very kind and easy to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

Your career awaits at Allstate. We’re 70,000 professionals strong, working each day to help protect nearly 16 million households. – Read more

Allstate Insurance Salaries