Allstate Insurance
1,562 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employer Reviews

Great place for new comers!
Quality Control Automation Analyst (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: benefits
All State is very friendly for new comers as well as veterans. Working environment is very clam and peaceful. Which is most of the reason why people enjoy working there. My role at Allstate is QCAA, Quality Control Automation Analyst. I am part of SOA team, in which we test functional aspect of services. We work with many other teams from beginning – more... to end to understand the deliverable/requirement and build test plans based on discussions. Its very fun interacting with different team with new projects every release, the only hard part of job is communicating with offshore because of the time difference. But we all work together and deliver our tasks before the deadlines in which we develop greater feel of achievement. – less
Great company to work for.
Senior Auto Liability Claim Rep (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganNovember 24, 2014
Great benefits package. Excellent work environment. Fun employees.
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXNovember 24, 2014
All together this job is very good. Does not provide medical insurance at all.
Great culture with very knowledgeable people
Project Manager (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILNovember 23, 2014
I worked at Allstate at the beginning of my career as an employee and am now back as a contractor. This is a solid company that knows what it needs.
Job is good
LICENSED AGENT (Current Employee), Pocatello, IdahoNovember 21, 2014
Job is good. I enjoy working for Allstate and am currently looking for another job for extra money.
Warm and Family Oriented
Underwriting Risk Assistant (Current Employee), Hudson, OHNovember 20, 2014
Great place to work. A typical day involves speaking to agents about insurance policies. My department makes decisions around allowing a unqualified policy to be written as well as renewals to continue. The employees are very friendly and everyone seems to enjoy what they do. There are people that have been with the company for 30 years, so job security – more... is a positive. – less
Licensed Sales Producer
Commercial Specialist - Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee), Edgewater, NJNovember 18, 2014
Pros: set schedule, base salary plus commission
Cons: office environment
always find out if theres room to grow and what are management's expectations.... co-workers are great.... learned thru the insurance school.
A lot of great opportunities.
Financial Training and Design Specialist (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILNovember 18, 2014
Pros: life/ work balance
Cons: layoffs
Great place to network and develop as an employee. I was able to participate in many different opportunities like teaching Diversity, Leading Volunteer events, Managing an employee wellbeing budget. Most people at Allstate work hard and take pride in their work.
Awesome work Team
New Account Setup Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2014
Was able to connect with agent all over the north east and was able to build strong relationships with other employees and departments.
Provided me with great management opportunities to help need
ATO-Service Engineer - Senior Consultant (Current Employee), NorthBrook ILNovember 17, 2014
• Managed the daily store operations
• Supervised up to 45 hourly employees and a pharmacy staff of 10 resources
• Maintained accurate store inventory of stocked items
free lunch and gas cards
Lead Teller, Wells Fargo Bank (Former Employee), Driggs, IDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch and gas cards
Cons: working every saturday
loved helping customers with solutions. lots of problem solving.
Great Day!
St. Pete, FL Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLNovember 17, 2014
Great Company to work for.
Helping People every day.
Co-workers are so helpful when you start out.
Great time management.
Ever-changing travel-heavy work environment
Property Adjuster Pilot Catastrophe (Current Employee), TexasNovember 15, 2014
Pros: variety of situations, physically and mentally challenging, explore places i've never been.
Cons: infrequency of work.
A typical day at work consists of constant work starting from 6 AM and typically ending around 9:00 PM. When a hailstorm, hurricane, wind, or significant weather storm damages a territory of customers, Allstate sends out property adjusters to assess the damage and write an indemnification check on-site.

I have learned many things throughout this career, – more... including doing what it takes to get a job done and working longer and harder than I ever have in any office I've worked at.

Management and fellow adjusters are constantly interacting with each other and daily conferences would be held to ensure everything is going according to plan. The hardest part of the job would be traveling throughout the US, the time per day spent working, and the unpredictability regarding the frequency of the storms.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people begin the first step in remedying the storm damages and pushing myself as hard as I can. – less
Allstate
INSURANCE AGENT / CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Abilene, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: getting to know my customers
Cons: inappropriate relationship with office manager and agency owner
As far as working for an independent agent goes:
poor relation ship with employees, not any kind of employee handbook or guidelines, horrible favoritism,
Very laid back job depending on your boss
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Doraville, GANovember 14, 2014
Cons: no benefits, hardly any raises
no benefits or room for growth when you work for an agent. Only way to make more money is through selling more policies.
Mandisha
Business Development (Current Employee), Newport News, VANovember 13, 2014
I basically bring in new business, process insurance applications and do office work. Very small company and we get along well.
Place where work seems like fun.
Agency Manager (Current Employee), DallasNovember 13, 2014
A place where I can be versatile and can use my interpersonal skills. It has also taught me how to excel under pressure, and continually aim to exceed goals. It has also provided me with extensive experience in working successfully with teams and as an individual. A professional, fast paced, structured and team oriented environment is what this place – more... has to offer. – less
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Support Staff (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work at the office was a place full of productivity, completing work task, helping costumers as well as keeping up with phone calls, office duties etc. The management team was great lots of team work.
DONT FALL FOR IT
Receptionist/Secratary (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2014
He will not pay you correctly. He lies to you. He will lay you off because he is a broke fool.
Child Care
Customer Service (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2014
This was a job that took alot of patients. Working with toddlers and teens can be difficult. Wonderful work place.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

The Allstate Corporation serves as the holding company for Allstate Insurance Company. The Company’s business is conducted – Read more

Allstate Insurance Photos