Allstate Insurance

2.1K reviews

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 2,045 reviews matching the search
professional
Property and casualty sales/customer service agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2016
I did customer service and insurance sales for current policy holders.As well as try to bundle any other polices they may have with other companies.
ITs an ok place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2016
This company left a lot to be desired from training all the way to your tools to do your job when live on the floor. This job wouldn't have been so difficult to bare if they gave proper training and supported there employees with the tools to do their job.
Hard working place. But fun team
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Have learned a whole lot working with the R&D and Drivewise teams.
Hard working.
Fun working
Team building
Agile working
Help users and maintain SQL queries of ongoing maintenance and issue debugging.
PROJECT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Production support for installation Systems. Working with IT department to evaluate, manipulate and determine valuation of the future UNIX/LINUX system from existing SOLARIS UNIX /SQL/ORACLE/SAS Environment. Install correct versions of 3rd party software online for SAS 9.3. I have enjoyed every day working at Allstate.
Independent Allstate Agent
Allstate Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Overall very pleasant environment. Some agency we really get to know our customers. Not to many employees, we are left with more responsibilities. However we all do get along and all help each other out.
Pros
Pleasant environment with co-workers.
Cons
No benefits offered.
Loved My job
Field Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 1, 2016
No room for advancement in my field. I learned a lot of great techniques and strategies for problem solving. Co workers were great.
Great place to work!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJanuary 31, 2016
Great place to work! Did not like management by computers. I liked the people but it is not an easy job - very high pressure!
A fun and motivated place to work
Insurance Salesman and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Xenia, OHJanuary 31, 2016
During my time as Allstate Insurance, I learned how to further improve my people and communication skills. I also learned various sales techniques in order to become a better sales agent. I also improved my leadership skills when given the opportunity to lead a few sales calls.

My co-workers were very professional and nice throughout my time at Allstate. They were always very helpful when I first started out, and were always willing to show and teach me how to do things within the Allstate computer system.

I think the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people, and also help take care of them after events occurred to an extent where they needed insurance coverage. Being there alongside them and being able to help them through tough times was the most enjoyable part for me.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, free refreshments, and allowed several breaks
Cons
Weird hours
Friendly environment with good work/life balance and nice campus
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 30, 2016
Allstate is laid back and friendly but slow to promote high performers. There are still too many silos which can make it frustrating for areas that have similar goals. You can learn a lot of valuable skills on the job if you are willing to raise your hand for stretch assignments. There are many programs that promote health and well-being. Philanthropy and/or volunteerism is highly valued.
Pros
Onsite Starbucks, salon, convenience store, pharmacy and physician
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, slow to adopt better technology, need more collaboration
Great working environment
Online Sales Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 29, 2016
Great company that develops their employees for success. Work environment is great and a very diverse environment as well.
Slow but productive
Licensed Producer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2016
Hands on experience was great, but business got slow. Mostly payments came through the door. Not much new business. Mainly did upkeep on preior policies
Allstate
Sr Risk Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 27, 2016
They are ok. they took a lot of benefits away from the employees. they are an ok company to work for. days were mon thru fri and some sat's
A great place to work
Executive (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Allstate is a great place to work. It is highly recommended for its atmosphere, work life balance, 60s architecture, and free parking.
not worth taking time and doing
sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 24, 2016
The owner was terrible giving directions and working with the staff very little communication was given. I would never recommend this company. The product was good just a bad owner
great company
Personal Injury Protection Claims (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 24, 2016
This was a great opportunity to be trained and learn the health care industry. there was value
with this company. This company provided great training and growth. This was a great start to new beginnings
Very family oriented environment
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day would be to log into all systems turn on the phones go over any messages and or emails. from the previous day. Contact customers and or answer incoming calls and go over policies and starting new ones throughout the day. Coworkers and management are very family oriented in the fact that when a customer comes in everyone gets up to greet and see how this customer has been. In this type of environment its rewarding to be able to get to know a customer and be able to help in any way that we can.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Cons
no cons
A lot of work with no paid overtime
claims adjuster (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work is generally the same. I come in, review claims, answer customer inquiries, pay wages and medical bills for my claimants.
Great Caring Coworkers, Quiet Environment
Telemarketer/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at Allstate can become quite busy. Several calls coming in and going out. You will be responsible for making 70 phone calls day for sales along with soft quotes you are expected to mail out.
Very porductive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCJanuary 20, 2016
This was my first job that wasn't a daycare/teacher position and I got los of experience from sykes. I learned so much on handling customers
Pros
First Job Experience and I was gret, I learned so much
Cons
There wasnt much growth there
love the people
Comprehensive Personal Liability Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Excelllent PTO and work life balance. Room for growth and wonderfull managers. Culture is amazing. Salary is less competitive as others in the industry