Allstate Insurance
1,686 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employer Reviews

Allstate is family!
Lead Consultant, Leadership Development (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: People/Family-like environment, work/life balance
Cons: Compensation
I have worked with some of the most caring professionals at Allstate. Everyone is friendly and geniunely cares about you as a person.
Allstate's products are good
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYMarch 26, 2015
Very little training for my expectations going into insurance.
Allstates products are good.
start at 9am until 6pm Mon-Fri
Allstate
Receptionist (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 25, 2015
I like working with the manager shes really hands on. a typical day in the office would consist of. Working on invoices that had come in the previous day
Productive and organized work place
Receptionist/customer service/sales (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJMarch 23, 2015
A professional busy office with a friendly atmosphere. Interaction with clients through out the day was a rewarding and pleasurable experience. Helpful co-workers with a good sence of humor which got us through those stressful days.
Fast-paced problem solving, working with data, programs and systems
Business and Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: fascinating, absorbing work
Cons: negligible
I worked as a data and systems analyst, identifying errors in programming. New programs were uploaded weekly and errors were identified and researched. Programs were updated for the next week upload. I worked with 20 million policies, all agents countrywide. I logged onto 9 different mainframes and researched hundreds of programs on multiple platforms. When I started, there was a team of 16 analysts working on 16,000 errors per day. After several years I was the remaining analyst with an average of 300 errors per day. I was fortunate to have an amazing mentor who, if he didn't have an answer, could point me in the right direction. I worked with brilliant programmers and developers, and served as a subject matter expert for the National Support Center. I also taught program/developer new hires in the 'Allstate University,' guiding them through programs and systems and providing a solid base for further education. I enjoyed working at home three days a week, roaming through the systems and finding the source of problems. I often would find myself working until the systems started updating at 10PM, not realizing I had worked straight through 14 hours. The team was relocated to Ireland, but I could not move because of my school-age children. I opted to take the Voluntary Retirement Package and start a new career in healthcare.
Overall Positive
Project Manager (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 21, 2015
Overall the environment it positive. Benefits are good, vision, health, and 401K. However depending upon your boss your individual experience can vary greatly.
I enjoy this job
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay, micro manage
I love the diversity, and the open and close door policy. I Work within agreed claims processes in order to deliver the business plan in line with claims practices, procedures and philosophies
You must be with a good agent. There hard to find.
Sales, marketing (Former Employee), lees summit, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: everyone knows the name.
Cons: they take advantage of you at every turn.
Allstate will protect their agents even to the point that they will allow them to do not only unethical things to their employees but illegal as well. Make sure you see that taxes are being deducted day one. I've seen several employees fight to receive W-2 forms and proof of state and federal tax payment.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. ENJOY IT, WORK/LIFE BALANCE IS GREAT
Individual Risk Assistant (Current Employee), Hudson, OHMarch 18, 2015
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. ENJOY IT, WORK/LIFE BALANCE IS GREAT GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. ENJOY IT, WORK/LIFE BALANCE IS GREAT
great future plan
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, no income cap, brand popularity to consumers
Cons: no strong structure to develop and retain key employees
This company was actually an agency of ALLSTATE, ran by an individual who had bought into the company. A work day would consist of direct marketing and promotions, sales and customer service. The agency owner has extreme potential to be successful, yet there are some serious flaws within the system set in place.
Productive and Busy
Claims Processor (Current Employee), Houston TX.March 14, 2015
Pros: good medical, vision, and dental
Cons: works always behind and high tunover.
It's constant work, answering phones, and always behind.
clock in start with your work and in the middle of your day work on your coworkers or another teams work. always work to do but never able to be current in task assigned.
Awesome
Sales Representative (Current Employee), ChubbuckMarch 13, 2015
Allstate is one of the best companies to work for because it is awesome and it has wonderful benefits. It's easy, fun and is a great way to start your insurance career.
Professional, fast pace customer service environment
Sr. Staff Claim Service Adjuster (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CA 91765March 13, 2015
Pros: no day is exactly the same
Cons: not able to extend coverage for every loss
I am in receipt of new residential fire, smoke, water, theft, vandalism loss assignments. My role is to: investigate claim, seek policy coverage, inspect damage, develope a scope of damage, determine a plan of action, secure values of damaged goods, generate accurate estimates, coordinate repair vendors, negotaite, adjust vendor bills, present timely, fair settlements witin policy terms and conditions while in compliance with office best practices and DOI regulations.
Most harest part of this job is having to share with a customer they do not coverage or have enough coverage for a loss per policy terms and conditons.
What I enjoy most about my job is I meet different people each day and have a hand in helping most customers put their home, life back in order.
Love my job
Internet and Local sales (Current Employee), Spring, TXMarch 12, 2015
Great company great boss. I have great customers that love me and always say great things about me. There is nothing bad I could say about my job
Fun work environment
Senior Claim Analyst (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 12, 2015
Fast paced work environment with culture focused on providing level ten customer service, Room for advancement if you are mobile, Salary is much to be desired and not much room for upper financial mobility.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Bilingual) (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
Great Place to work, culture is fine team environment. Managers always look out for their employers. On a typical day of work we deal with customers from all culture and assist with different needs.

Co-workers are always willing to help so that we take care of our customers in a timely manner.
My family away from home!
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Brownstown, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: compensation
This job was offered to me firstly, as a telemarketing job. I soon became licensed and fell in love with my work family. We have become very close in the last 4 years and I love each every one of them. We are a hard working bunch who love what we do.
Good Company - Terrible Commute
Manager (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 4, 2015
Good company to work for especially if you live close to the Northbrook offices. Otherwise, the commute can be terrible and there are no real mass transit options.
I was hired as a customer service reprentative. I have my 440-Insurance License.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 3, 2015
I loved my job. I loved my boss and completing all my daily activities I learned a higher level of professionalism at Allstate.I would attend most (accredited) to Allstate seminars and workshops to improve my customer service ability and skills for Allstate Insurance Company/ Jill Mimbs & Associates.
Allstate Insurance
Senior PM (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: there is great work life balance.
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Advancement is slow. There is great work life balance. The culture is stiff but there are great employee resource groups. African Americans are consistently held back from being promoted. They espouse diversity but do little to foster this diversity.

In a typical day you are conditioned to own your projects but the delivery leads manage them more than you. As a PM you are more of an Administrator of the project, and the meeting scheduler.

The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting with the teams. The teams are great. Management is standoffish and the Directors are unapproachable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the "You're – Read more

Allstate Insurance Photos