Allstate Insurance
1,817 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Typical Corporate Company
Senior Claims Adjuster and Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and PTO.
Cons: poor management, non-progressive thinking, poor compensation, limited advancement opportunities
Old company with old school views. During my time there, Allstate was losing insureds left and right to forward-thinking and better-priced companies like Geico and Progressive, and continues to do so. Because of this, many measures were took to reduce costs, mostly surrounding eliminating employee perks and consolidating offices. This is while top management continued to receive increasing salaries.
Great Boss
Executive Office Assistant (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAJune 29, 2015
Great time management, and works well with others. While going to school, my boss allowed me to do my homework, if the office was slow.
Great place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Severna Park, MarylandJune 29, 2015
Good company and supportive owner. I learned a lot about the insurance business and strengthened my computer and office skills.
Great place to work. Stable employer
Licensed Insurance Agent/Sales (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 26, 2015
I enjoy my job as an Allstate Agent. This company really looks out for their employees and helps them achieve success in any appropriate way possible.
Job Work, Balance and Job Security
Earthquake Specialist, Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Setting a course for your team
Cons: Not making sales and Marketing goals
My professional experience includes success in Account
Development and Management, Sales, Marketing, and
Account Retention.

I work hard at becoming the expert that others rely on
and in doing so am fully prepared to take on further
responsibilities which may be presented in the future
to support the team I work with.

The most enjoyable part of any position is working with
a team to achieve goals. The most challenging part
of any professional position is successfully achieving
goals.

I am very much a team player, and focus on the team
rather than myself. I have learned that when you collaborate
with others , goals are achieved.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 24, 2015
Cons: healthcare, employees pay rate
Working for this company I have learned a lot of interesting things. Learning from how insurance really works and what is needed to calculate the quotes is interesting. I have learned how this company cares for their customer. I have learned from that to become a better customer service representative and to know better at taking care of a customer when in need. The hardest part about the job is dealing with an angry customer complaining about an increase on their premium. With patients and knowledge I learned how to be able to help out the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i was able to help a customer and to be able to give them a peace of mind.
Worked for agency
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Murray, UTJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, small office, great agent, learned a lot
Cons: no benefits
Worked for an agency - tough to make any more than 40 grand a year. Hours were flexible, agent was great. Decided to become an agent myself.
Best place to work for work/life balance
Project Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: Lot of opportunity for growth
Cons: No job security
Allstate is place where you can grow if you have desire for growth. Lot of learning opportunities. Management is unstable, things change rapidly. Do not give enough time to experience the effect of changes . Changes move around in circle. Eventually it comes back to same business or management strategy at one point. It feel like management do not really know which way is the right way to lead the company. Going back and forth with same concept different way. After becoming public company, job security is at it's worst level. There is no loyalty towards employee.
Great company that promotes educational products in the insurance industry.
Property & Casualty/Life & Health Agent (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 23, 2015
Pros: Close to home; low-stress.
Cons: CSRs provide the most production/sales, Agency owner is the agency "owner" and is not very supportative of his CSRs, New office products are not priority. More effecient training should be in place.
Our office is a 2-CSR office and 1 agency owner. Since being with Allstate I have advanced in sales and production. The hardest part of the job are the leads we have to work with. Most lead information is 5+ years old which presents a problem with phone numbers, email addresses, addresses, etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am only 1.5 miles from my home and this is a very low-stress position.
Very Productive working environment
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 23, 2015
A typical day consist of providing customer service to all third party vendors. Being very productive and proactive all while maintaining excellent quality while making quotas for each day.
Good Employer
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 23, 2015
Good opportunity for someone looking to get into the insurance industry. Must be able to sell. Bottom line sales. Can gain much experience in customer service side.
Not a great place to work
License Sales Producer (Former Employee), Yorktown, VAJune 22, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks/ no healthcare/ no real benefits/ long hours / low pay
My Boss was very rude to me and cussed profoundly in the office. He was just overall very unprofessional and happy I left. If you value personal time this will not be a job for you. When numbers are low your forced to work longer hours. No consistency and business is very slow.
Good Place to Work
Sales Producer (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: none
Good products, service and claims handling. Office hours Monday to Friday with some Saturday Work. Challenging sales environment.
Very laid back, and the customers were awesome.
Secretary (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for Allstate, and being able to speak with everyone that came in and assist them in anyway possible. Met many wonderful people.
Office enviroment
Operations Claims Associate II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Involved volunteer work w/ numberous organizations, job stability
Cons: Medical insurance, Salary
Casual/professional work environment, team building, long hours, free, hot and delicious coffee. Things that I have learned is working well with multiple personalities. Quality and not quantity is important
Allstate AZ
Auto Liability Adjuster (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 21, 2015
It was a very difficult job that takes a lot of time management and patience to help people. It's hard because people have expectations were sometimes you cannot meet. at the end of the day if you cannot handle people being angry with you this is not the right job for you.
Great work environment
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 20, 2015
A great work environment with incredible management and co-workers. Daily learning of new and exciting ways to sell insurance.
Fun place to work
Sr. Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2015
I wear lots of hats here, as you can see from my resume! They are a company that stands behind giving their employees a work/life balance and for that I am grateful!
Decent job.
Insurance Sales Producer (Current Employee), Berthoud, COJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great boss, friendly and helpful co-workers, great hours.
Cons: No benefits, not a very good lead-producing setup.
Very helpful, happy co-workers, I learned a lot about insurance that I didn't even know like statistics on accidents, claim experiences, and the software. Actually finding people who care about getting new insurance is quite tough.
Productive and great place to work
Senior Remittance Specialist - A/R (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Volunteer for TDY and service events and committees
Cons: outsourcing jobs
Allstate allows you to work in other areas of the company while in your current position; which allows you to elevate your skills, experience and knowledge and maybe consider moving into other positions when available.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

Your career awaits at Allstate. We’re 70,000 professionals strong, working each day to help protect nearly 16 million households. – Read more

Allstate Insurance Salaries