Allstate Insurance
1,692 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employer Reviews

Busy and fast paced, with amazing people
Roadside Assistance Advisor (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great people, providing an important service, team oriented
Cons: short lunch, call flow was unpredictable, temp to hire with no guarantee of being made permanent
A typical day at Allstate Roadside Services involved answering calls and dispatching contracted, roadside assistance providers for General Motors customers. Troubleshooting and problem solving skills were key to ensuring that the correct services were dispatched.
Throughout my time at ARS, I learned about roadside issues and how to solve them.

The management was top notch. Team supervisors, performance coaches, and trainers truly cared about the people in their charge, and ensured that every person became the best roadside specialist they could be. Every person I worked with was unique, had a wonderful sense of humor, and enjoyed their job. We were truly a team, and supported each other through good days and bad.

The hardest part of my job, was leaving it. The company decided to reorganize the roadside department, and they downsized over 60 people, myself included. Leaving this wonderful group of people was heart-wrenching, but I also enjoyed the job. I was told time and again that I was one of their top performers, and I took pride in my performance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping people in need. Being able to calm a crying mother that was stranded on the side of the highway, with her children in the car was very rewarding. I knew that the service I was providing was important.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), tampa flMarch 27, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: breaks
decent place to work , they treat employees really nice and you are going to get your scheduled hours weekly . hgardest part of the job is honestly the irate customers which rarely happens .
enjoyable place to work
sales rep (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2015
Enjoyed working with others, also learned how to work with others and enjoyed potlucks and team meetings, typical day at work includes making outbound calls to many customers
Long, Unproductive
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Check
Cons: Experience
This is a new agency and although I love Allstate as a company. The agency isn't doing well .The company is a great learning experience under the correct management .
Allstate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston,TXMarch 26, 2015
Good company to work for. Learned a lot. Great Inuranace rates.
A lot of people think Allstate is really high in pricing. Give them a chance they will work with you and protect you. You will be in good hands.
easy going
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), charlotte NCMarch 26, 2015
inbound/outbound calls.helping with insurance quotes and following up on old leads.typical day at work no standing pretty much sitting all day.co workers are very loud
Allstate is family!
Lead Consultant, Leadership Development (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: People/Family-like environment, work/life balance
Cons: Compensation
I have worked with some of the most caring professionals at Allstate. Everyone is friendly and geniunely cares about you as a person.
Allstate's products are good
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYMarch 26, 2015
Very little training for my expectations going into insurance.
Allstates products are good.
start at 9am until 6pm Mon-Fri
Allstate
Receptionist (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 25, 2015
I like working with the manager shes really hands on. a typical day in the office would consist of. Working on invoices that had come in the previous day
Productive and organized work place
Receptionist/customer service/sales (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJMarch 23, 2015
A professional busy office with a friendly atmosphere. Interaction with clients through out the day was a rewarding and pleasurable experience. Helpful co-workers with a good sence of humor which got us through those stressful days.
Fast-paced problem solving, working with data, programs and systems
Business and Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: fascinating, absorbing work
Cons: negligible
I worked as a data and systems analyst, identifying errors in programming. New programs were uploaded weekly and errors were identified and researched. Programs were updated for the next week upload. I worked with 20 million policies, all agents countrywide. I logged onto 9 different mainframes and researched hundreds of programs on multiple platforms. When I started, there was a team of 16 analysts working on 16,000 errors per day. After several years I was the remaining analyst with an average of 300 errors per day. I was fortunate to have an amazing mentor who, if he didn't have an answer, could point me in the right direction. I worked with brilliant programmers and developers, and served as a subject matter expert for the National Support Center. I also taught program/developer new hires in the 'Allstate University,' guiding them through programs and systems and providing a solid base for further education. I enjoyed working at home three days a week, roaming through the systems and finding the source of problems. I often would find myself working until the systems started updating at 10PM, not realizing I had worked straight through 14 hours. The team was relocated to Ireland, but I could not move because of my school-age children. I opted to take the Voluntary Retirement Package and start a new career in healthcare.
Overall Positive
Project Manager (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILMarch 21, 2015
Overall the environment it positive. Benefits are good, vision, health, and 401K. However depending upon your boss your individual experience can vary greatly.
I enjoy this job
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay, micro manage
I love the diversity, and the open and close door policy. I Work within agreed claims processes in order to deliver the business plan in line with claims practices, procedures and philosophies
You must be with a good agent. There hard to find.
Sales, marketing (Former Employee), lees summit, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: everyone knows the name.
Cons: they take advantage of you at every turn.
Allstate will protect their agents even to the point that they will allow them to do not only unethical things to their employees but illegal as well. Make sure you see that taxes are being deducted day one. I've seen several employees fight to receive W-2 forms and proof of state and federal tax payment.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. ENJOY IT, WORK/LIFE BALANCE IS GREAT
Individual Risk Assistant (Current Employee), Hudson, OHMarch 18, 2015
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. ENJOY IT, WORK/LIFE BALANCE IS GREAT GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. ENJOY IT, WORK/LIFE BALANCE IS GREAT
great future plan
Independent Agent (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, no income cap, brand popularity to consumers
Cons: no strong structure to develop and retain key employees
This company was actually an agency of ALLSTATE, ran by an individual who had bought into the company. A work day would consist of direct marketing and promotions, sales and customer service. The agency owner has extreme potential to be successful, yet there are some serious flaws within the system set in place.
Productive and Busy
Claims Processor (Current Employee), Houston TX.March 14, 2015
Pros: good medical, vision, and dental
Cons: works always behind and high tunover.
It's constant work, answering phones, and always behind.
clock in start with your work and in the middle of your day work on your coworkers or another teams work. always work to do but never able to be current in task assigned.
Awesome
Sales Representative (Current Employee), ChubbuckMarch 13, 2015
Allstate is one of the best companies to work for because it is awesome and it has wonderful benefits. It's easy, fun and is a great way to start your insurance career.
Professional, fast pace customer service environment
Sr. Staff Claim Service Adjuster (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CA 91765March 13, 2015
Pros: no day is exactly the same
Cons: not able to extend coverage for every loss
I am in receipt of new residential fire, smoke, water, theft, vandalism loss assignments. My role is to: investigate claim, seek policy coverage, inspect damage, develope a scope of damage, determine a plan of action, secure values of damaged goods, generate accurate estimates, coordinate repair vendors, negotaite, adjust vendor bills, present timely, fair settlements witin policy terms and conditions while in compliance with office best practices and DOI regulations.
Most harest part of this job is having to share with a customer they do not coverage or have enough coverage for a loss per policy terms and conditons.
What I enjoy most about my job is I meet different people each day and have a hand in helping most customers put their home, life back in order.
Love my job
Internet and Local sales (Current Employee), Spring, TXMarch 12, 2015
Great company great boss. I have great customers that love me and always say great things about me. There is nothing bad I could say about my job

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the "You're – Read more

Allstate Insurance Photos