Allstate Insurance
1,633 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employer Reviews

Roadside
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 30, 2015
I was a customer Service Rep. I did Roadside assistant for many different car brands. I wasn't with the company for too long because Iived the military life.
Good product. Good company.
Managing Partner (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 28, 2015
Unrealistic sales goals. Market is too saturated with insurance companies and agents all trying to get the same clients. No room for growth or market share.
Allstate was the first company I worked for that gave me alot of experience in this field.
Compliance Analyst/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Working in different areas and learning new skills was a great experience for me at Allstate. I was recognized as a great employer and was given new job challenges based on my performance. Allstate was a great company that allowed a lot of growth.
Long time ago
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Union NJJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good for starters
Cons: contract
Very great place to work at. I left for a better pay. The management is supper and there is no stress in the work place. The network is large and lots of tools to learn and grow with. It is a fantastic place to work in. The management and co workers are friendly - it is like a family setting
great co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Safford, AZJanuary 27, 2015
had a great experience working there, learning all about insurance. My co workers would work with me one on one to make sure I knew everything I needed to know.
Fun work place
Sales Producer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: time off for lunches
Cons: had to have a license and not given enough time to get it.
On the phones
Had to make outbound calls and take calls
Lots of Data entry
Take payments from customers
Call to get payments from customers
check clients accounts to make sure that they paid and and customer Issues,
Meet sales quota on a dialy basis.
Recuritment for new customer
Excellent Company
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Dover, DEJanuary 26, 2015
Reasonable hours, reasonable pay, excellent management team.
Great for Entry Level
Policy Specialist (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 24, 2015
Great entry level spot, excellent PTO benefits. Too many managers and workload can be cumbersome.
Work Place
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Call center/
Develop and maintain relationship with customers to maximize sales opportunities. Cross-selling appropriate products and achieve sales standards. Proactively making sales calls to inform customers about a wide variety of insurance services solutions that will meet their need and deepen the customer experience and relationship, with the goal of acquiring 100% of customer's business.
Building clientele, promoting new polices.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, La.January 24, 2015
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: none. this was the best job i ever had. my boss retired and sold the business.
We would start the day with bible study and a hot cup of coffee per our managers request. During my time with the company I learned a lot about insurance and the definition of a great boss. My coworkers were most excellent. We helped each other out and encouraged each other daily. The hardest part of the job was not getting the customer to get a great policy that was much needed in there family unit. The most enjoyable part of the job was free lunches, bible study, great staff and winning the sales contest each month.
Never started work. Only had training.
Catastrophe Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Hudson, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: training experience.
Cons: work is only available if there is a catastrophe and they call you.
I went through the training course and never had the opportunity to begin work. The work is only available if and when there is a catastrophe and they contact you for the assignment. I was misinformed that even if there is no catastrophe there would be work and or additional training, then told that is not the case.
Busy and competetive workplace
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Busy days with many things to do
I learned how to balance accounts, collections, data entry, filing, documenting, subrogation, great customer service skills
A lot of micromanagement
Fun and outgoing coworkers on my team
Hardest part of the job was not being able to make contact with insurance companies that owed money.
The most enjoyable part was making the customer happy by advancing their deductible
busy, fun and exciting
Sales Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches and the great giveaways
Cons: no breaks sometimes too busy
Planning and setting up workshop for the external sales associates. I learned time management because things had to be shipped and set up for the conferences. My co-workers were fair and appreciated our efforts. The hardest part was making sure the flyers and all the sales material arrived in a timely time when the weather was bad. The most enjoyable part was when the managers would appreciate your efforts and say thank you just for doing your job
Great work relationships and training in the insurance industry.
Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great training in insurance industry.
Cons: no advancement opportunities in south carolina office
I have built great working relationships with my coworkers and have learned a lot in the insurance industry. There is limited opportunity for advancement in our office (only 1 claims office in South Carolina).
Busy office selling and servicing cutomers insurance needs
LICENSED SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Looking to work in busy office with friendly staff in Southside to beaches areas of Jacksonville. Would prefer to stay with Allstate as I know the computer system and product lines to sell and service.
Daily Life at Allstate
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: continuous improvement, positive environment, advancement
Cons: compensation
I love Allstate and the training skills that they provide. I love the work and positive environment. I love my team members as we all uplift each other. The healthcare benefits and compensation are not the best compared to competitors.
I wanted to sell for a national company. It was an experiece that i will always cherish. I met a number of very successful people
Insurance sales associate (Former Employee), MDJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: we had our own business. we anaged it from morning to night
Cons: we were dependent on the insurance company giving us competitive products to sell. that wasn, t always the case
I learned valuable experiences of marketing and employee management
Productive day at Allstate
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: being able to help customers
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at work consist of making calls to customers regarding insurance quotes, transferring calls to licensed insurance agents to finalize the quotes and over coming and y objections and reading off of a script for sales as well as citing credit and recorded line statements.
Good Benefits
Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 13, 2015
Good environment. Good co-workers.

Pretty good place to work.
Nice place to work
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 13, 2015
I worked for a agent that three offices. Started out as the life insurance rep in the offices. Then I moved to selling P and C insurance in all of the offices. I enjoyed working for the group and may have stayed if the agent would have payed for reoccurring business.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the "You're – Read more

Allstate Insurance Photos