Allstate Insurance
1,862 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

customer service specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJuly 27, 2015
I made courtesy calls for payment, calls about claims, handled incoming calls from clients, made adjustments on policies ie: adding/removal vehicles, answered questions, faxed requested info to banks.
Great people who try to always make the best decision for both the employee and the bottom line.
Agency Support / Service Partner Liaison (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits/Vacations/Personal time
Cons: 24 hour calls center needs vs employee needs.
Allstate was a great company to work with. I advanced throughout my 20 year career and I think they try to have a balance of work and life. Considering it is a publicly traded company not all decisions seemed to align with my goals for Allstate however in the end the bottom line was met.
Very Laid back enviroment
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Oxford, MSJuly 27, 2015
I enjoy working with the ladies at Allstate. I just feel as if there isn't enough room here for advancement with me being the new girl in town. The manager and owner are family and have worked together for many years by themselves and pretty much have a set routine which is awesome but there really isn't a lot of things that I can do due to their set routine and schedule.
Productive and rewarding place to work with a great culture
Sale & Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodridge ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great Rewards for work well done
Cons: Work weekends
Work at Allstate had it challenges as most jobs, due to being a part of the sales & service origination always kept me interfacing with our customers which was a key part of my role. I learned so much from this company and still apply a lot of what I learned in my day to day role now.
There were great opportunity for growth, and the rewards for a job well done were awesome! A lot of great staff members as well.
fun place to work
Switchboard/Assistant/Payroll (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working with my boss and learning the software.
Cons: not very good benefits
at the time I only worked part time and that is what I was hired to do. I took payments took information for the agent and got to work on their software.
Awesome workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 23, 2015
You must be a hard worker. Also, very detail oriented. Good benefits, great team players. Allstate is a great well rounded company.
Exceptional Company
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: varied shifts, incredibly oppurtunities for career advancement
Cons: Distance
Allstate is a wonderful company to work for. They are compassionate & caring. I made life long friends. I would go back in a minute if they had an opening!

Your co-workers are an amazing diverse group of people working toward a common goal. The managers, & team leads are incredibly supportive. It was the best job I ever had.
Customer Service
Subrogation Demand Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TexasJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Work environment
Cons: Management style, paid bi-weekly
Call center making inbound calls to Third Party Insurance Companies to collect money paid by their Auto Insurance Companies. My original assignment was to make calls requesting payment and document my conservation and also collect Insured deductible. After about three months I was moved to a higher level of collections asking not only for the deductible but also other collections related to payout on behalf of Insured. Third Party would promise to pay at a certain time and some would not keep their promise and I would have to start process all over again that was the hardest part of the job. Most of the communication was inbound and data entry using dual monitor and responsible for email response and also outbound calls as well. My overall experience was good, co-workers were awesome and very helpful also good benefits. Paid bi-weekly and not weekly. My first time doing collections and my experience was not bad but it was not a good fit for me. Micro management but not very hands on right out of training. Manager expected for co-workers to help you find your way.
Love my boss and co-workers!
Licensed Sales Professional (Current Employee), Western PennsylvaniaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: PTO, No micro-managing, flexible, room to advance
Cons: Not a lot of holiday time, benefits are pretty much non-existent
Allstate is a great company to work for, I just wish that they had better benefits. Hours aren't bad, and you aren't stuck working overtime.
Good Product
Senior Sales Agent (Current Employee), DenverJuly 22, 2015
Allstate is a great product and really strives on value. You really set your self apart from other carriers and as long as the leads are there, you will sell.
Great Learning Experience
Product Controller (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Overall experience was good. Great opportunity to learn insurance at an entry level. Very little room for advancement in the Atlanta area however, plenty of room to advance in Northbrook IL
Work environment
Risk Assistant - Underwriter (Former Employee), Hudson, OHJuly 21, 2015
Allstate was a wonderful place to work. The one the job training program was one the best I ever attended. The employees and management are very kind and easy to work with.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), North Andover, MAJuly 20, 2015
Electronically scanning, E-Agent filing system, assist on all new business application trailing documents, assist on all Cancellation, Claim, and Renewal Outgoing Calls, assist on receiving incoming calls and forwarding to available agent, assist on organizing/cleaning office
Fun and challenging
Insurance Sales Rep (Former Employee), New OrleansJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: cold calling
Somewhat difficult, fast paced environement. Boss/ owner was strict.Came in at 9am and left at 5. Tried to sell all day and it was hard. Mgmt wanted me selling every second and I wish there was better training.
Great place to learn new things
Customer Service and Licensed Sales Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2015
Great company to work for. You learn a lot about necessary insurances. Hardest part of the job is telling people things they do not want to hear. The most enjoyable part of this job would be helping the customers and letting them know they are taken care of.
Management, however, is not so enjoyable-for many reasons.
Insruance
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Customers and Staff
Cons: No room for advancement
This company provided training and education that enabled me to enhance my management skills and pursue my college education goals.
Very Productive; Excellent Management; Opportunity to grow from within; Awesome Incentives; Positive Atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Allstate at (12238 Silicon Dr San Antonio TX, 78249) really taught me how to lead (thanks Manny Ramirez), They provided me with so many tools in order to grow within the company. I learned that Allstate was more than just a good company and they were more than generous to their employees and that's not just with pay. They gave incentives such as gift cards, bonuses, health/dental insurance, not to mention vacation time, PTO, Emergency time which allowed us to be in adherence should we be running late or had to leave early. They truly cared about their employees. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with prospects that really didn't want any help. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendships I built with my teammates/co-workers. We'd always make our own little incentives such as buying lunch for the person who sold more than their competition whether it'd be more sales, better adherence, more "same day bundles", so on and on.
Call center Friendly fun environment
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Friendly fast paced enviorment
Cons: micro manage
This is a fast paced environment and you are on the phone 90 percent of the time. So if answering phones is not your thing this is not the job for you. Managers are very encouraging but could pressure you at time depending on the number that need to be met. Benefits are good there is paid time off bonuses. But there is no room for advancement very limited.
Numbers Driven, Great WorkLife Balance, Potential Advancement
Field Sales Associate (Current Employee), KSJuly 15, 2015
Pros: mangement team work MONDAY-FRIDAY, great benefits, great management team
Allstate is a great place to work. Their onboarding process needs some work but the educational pieces are on spot. Education is very informative and they give you everything you need to succeed for the job. There are a lot of tenure people who work at Allstate so its nice to get some great insight from them as well as they are very warm in welcoming newcomers to the "Allstate Family"
Working at Allstate
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILJuly 15, 2015
Allstate is a great place to work. Plenty of work life balance but you have to have a passion for the insurance industry or you will burn out quickly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

Your career awaits at Allstate. We’re 70,000 professionals strong, working each day to help protect nearly 16 million households. – Read more

Allstate Insurance Salaries