Allstate Insurance
1,665 reviews

Allstate Insurance Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Patchogue, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexibility with time off for family or personal
Cons: no breaks, 30 minute lunch
Fun place to work. Everyone is easy going. Plenty of leads to follow up on. The hardest part of the job is trying to get people to switch over their insurance. I try to sell the agency and the people who work here.
Easy work but difficult hours
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: difficult schedule, non responsive management
Job duties include answering inbound calls in a low volume call center. Answering phones from clients and providing assistance with a tow, lock-out, tire change, and on field service.

The management was very friendly and encouraging. Unfortunately, I did not know who my direct supervisor was.. This individual never presented himself/herself to me or the other new hire associates. I started in a temp agency called Kelly Services. The manager of Kelly Services in that department never returned my emails or phone calls. I often felt out of the loop on most occasions.

My co-workers were amazing people. All of them were very knowledgeable and down to earth. I truly enjoyed my time collaborating and learning with them

The hardest part of the job were the hours. The department is a 24/7 call center and due to my school schedule, I had to work third shift. I worked from 10pm to 7am and it was extremely difficult to keep up that pace.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers overnight.
Loved it!
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cheyenne WYFebruary 20, 2015
I loved my job! I worked with great people. Enjoyed going to work. Always something new going on. Never a dull moment. Sometimes calls were hard to take due to the situations people were in.
Overall a great opportunity
Operations Manager/Sales (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good income
Cons: no benefits, low base, mostly paid from commission.
Upper management doesn't take the lower people into consideration. Agencies are ran independently and it can make or break your success.
Good place to work, but a lot of politics
Claims Department (Current Employee), ArizonaFebruary 17, 2015
It's all in who you know. They're trying to move past the "let me tap my buddy on the shoulder and give him a promotion" phase, but they still have opportunities in this area -- across the country. Other than that, it's a good place to work.
duties
Sales Producer (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 17, 2015
I do alot of customer service, but my main goal and objective is to sell our product and represent the company in and out of the office.
allstate
Office worker (Former Employee), Maple, OHFebruary 17, 2015
working for Allstate was a very different field work for me and yes it was a challenge but at the end of the day i feel the job was a success and it was some new skills i learned .
Workplace Employee Benefits Specialist
Employee Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: straight commission
Field position that provides employer supplemental benefits to its employees through on-site enrollment. This position requires prospecting of employers, providing presentations, and on-site enrollments. Also requires partnering with Allstate agents to introduce Workplace Benefits.
National Catastrophe Adjuster (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It is a great place to work. They value there employees. They also have a great open door policy. It is a great place to grow within the company.
Great Place to work with excellent benefits
ATO - Processing Support Associate III (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, flexible hours, balance work/life
Cons: layoffs and outsourcing
Allstate is a great company to work for. Their benefits are wonderful. Team work is a must. Telecommunting and remote working is a possibility. Unfortunately my job is not secure as Allstate has been outsourcing and laying off.
Allstate Review
Intern for Office Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free soda in company fridge.
Cons: short breaks
Though I only worked at Allstate as an intern for only three and a half weeks, I gained a lot of experience by observing the employees as well as the office manager himself. The employees were pretty nice to me and I got along with them very well. The hardest part of the job was Alphabetizing all of the insurance files in the back room. But the most enjoyable part of the job was to learn about the different types of insurance and the coverages that are offered.
An all inclusive call center, first class
Customer service (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Enjoyed my time at HSN and learned much about electronic retail and the public. Worked thru the call center for many years and before leaving I was working in the Authorization department.
Inside Sales
Senior Insurance Sales Agent/Office Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: make own schedule
Cons: na
Cold calling
Take payments
Policy reviews
Billing questions
calling underwriters to get exception on policies
quote auto, home, renters and landlords
Worst Job you'll ever have. Learn from my mistake, move on.
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: none really, you get one day off for christmas, and one day off for thanksgiving, that's it
Cons: no benefits, an error could cost up $10k out of pocket, list goes on
Look somewhere else. Allstate does not respect its employees and promotes unethical practices towards staff. Allstate consciously provides minimal training and understanding of the technology they have you work with. It seemed as though Allstate wanted its employees to make mistakes in order to pass on responsibility and get them to pay out of their own pocket. Personally, I never caused an "Errors & Omission", but I was fully aware of that fact that it could cost you up to $10K out of your pocket.
I would never recommend anyone to work for Allstate Insurance, not even the worst of people.
Great Place
License Insurance Agent/Support Staff (Current Employee), Glendale, CaFebruary 12, 2015
Enjoyed working at this company. Learned a lot at this job and gained a lot of experience especially with customer service
Allstate Agency Owner
Agency Owner (Current Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great business opportunity
Cons: not a lot of room for growth
Highly productive and engaging position where all of my skills need to be used to ensure success. Very enjoyable environment with outstanding people.
Productive fun place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), RoanokeFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: hour break, rewards for selling
Cons: high pressure job
It was a great place to work, Pat Kincheloe is a great boss, he's very stern but very fair. The work place was professional but not uptight. Pat works with you and coaches you to help build up your selling as well as your people skills.
awesome comany
jackson ms (Former Employee), csrFebruary 10, 2015
awesome company with awesome agents, they are always there for their employees for every need, very well training process. All in all an awesome company,
Great work environment in a team setting. Work day went by quickly fun and fulfilling job position.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great benifits
Cons: personal time was limited
I learned to communicate well with customers. Assessed clients needs and learned to gather information quickly and efficiently in order to process claims. I enjoyed talking with people from the around the nation and offered a listening ear for concerns during what could be some emotional times when filing an insurance claim.I enjoyed the training and worked well with team members everyone hired seemed to have a positive outlook and personality.
Claims Service Specialist
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: constantly changing ways of doing the same thing
A decent place to work to learn about handling auto claims. Learning rules and regulations. There were lots of changes in how we did the same job. Sometimes it seemed like we were going between the same two options back and forth.

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the "You're – Read more

Allstate Insurance Photos