Allstate Insurance
1,729 reviews

Allstate Insurance United States Employee Reviews

Claims
Claim Service Adjuster (Current Employee), Woodridge, ILApril 26, 2015
Pros: Time off, benefits
Cons: stress, poor managment, impossible performance expectations, low saleries
Excessive amount of work relative to staff and expectations. Expectations are set from the top down and have no correlation with how to actually accomplish them. In my department 6-8 hrs of unpaid overtime per week are required inorder to meet goals. Management is totally disconnected from day toi day operations. Not an enjoyable place to work.
Good company. Pay could have been better
Personal Auto Claims Representative (Former Employee), New JerseyApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: pay
Really great company as far as work/life balance. Great benefits. Not much opportunity to advance and pay could be better.
I tried to do my best for the customers and for the company.
Customer Service/Personal Lines Insurance (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 23, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of selling home and auto insurance and servicing the existing customers needs. I learned that the opportunity to make a decent living was not available. Management was sub par and the atmosphere was always fairly tense. The job was not hard and doing a good job for the customer was the most satisfying part of the job.
pleasant enjoyable enviornment
Claim Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Everday a different vendor comes for a variety choice of lunch specials and deals
Cons: A lot of gossiping as any other job
A typical day at Allstate could be very busy depending on your department and the amount of work that is in the que that day. If you are someone that can listen to music and work at the sane time to make the day go by then you will enjoy your typical work day.
nice salary
Office Manager (Current Employee), Broward County FloridaApril 21, 2015
Pros: salary was based on experience
Cons: no health benefits or retirement
The insurance industry in Florida is TOUGH but with the help of fun, energetic coworkers it makes it a little easier. Management was full of knowledge and we became friends outside of work which was nice. The hardest part of the job is not being able to qualify someone and explaining why. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to write new business and help someone save money with an A rated company that takes pride in their products.
Good job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New HampshireApril 20, 2015
I was very young working with this company, however, I learned a lot of office etiquette and work ethic here. My former co-workers were fantastic and enhanced my growth as a professional.
Great workplace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Front Royal, VAApril 20, 2015
I very much enjoy my work environment and coworkers but I believe I'm ready for a more fast paced environment. I like being able to be one on one with my clients and offering my knowledge.
Large company with several opportunities
Team Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: large company with potential for progress
Cons: potential for progress was slim unless you wanted to relocate
-managed a team of sales agents
-reviewed their performance weekly, monthly and annually
-coached outliers to poor performance
-addressed HR issues
-interviewed and terminated agents
-built team morale with contest and encouragement
Great coworkers!
Licensed Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bedford, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: No benefits
The insurance buisness is not for me, I left a staffing position I held for almost three years, due to no room for advancement. Went into the insurance world and realized this is not where I am meant to be. A typical day is answering phone calls, entering endorsments, assisting customers with their billing questions. Pretty busy considering most of the traffic is over the phone. The hardest part of the job is obtaining your P&C license! The most enjoyable part is interacting with some of the customers, most of them were very sweet!! This position was not for me, but it did not have anything to do with the ladies I had the pleasure of working with.
Fun place to work, no ping pong table
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2015
Pros: Recognition for my efforts, good pay and good benefits.
Cons: Non
Even though the work day was long, it was a fun job in may ways.
The Company rewarded me with many recognitions and may trips
resulting from my production.
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILApril 16, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Excellent potential, positive atmosphere, and great fundamentals.
Licensed Insurance Agent/Location Manager (Current Employee), Lowell, INApril 13, 2015
Pros: Vertical opportunity and growth. Strong work environment.
Cons: Healthcare, Benefits, Retirement Options
I appreciate and have a strong loyalty to this company. With hard work put in, Allstate in turn has supplied excellent opportunity and provided countless tools that will further me in my work endeavors.

I have learned and continue to learn many things using the drive and yearning I have to be the best at what I do. In my time I have learned:

 Location and Staff Management
 Policy Design and Implementation
 Budgeting and Forecasting
 Cold Calling Expertise
 Social Media and Software Applications
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great long term potential
Cons: Salary and No Benefits
Very progressive organization with a very talented team of professionals.

Work with staff to penetrate the property and casualty clientele and drive financial services through cross selling.

Managed financial services sales for 5 offices in 3 states.

Most challenging aspect and the most enjoyable was working with the various personalities and breaking out their strengths.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 13, 2015
Pros: The majpo
The majority of my day is quoting, selling, prospecting, customer service, and talking with customers and prospects. My co-workers are team players, we all work together. I enjoy talking with customers and selling. There's really no hard part about my day.
It was alright...
Claim Service Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits and the Environment
Cons: Everything else
It was a job. At the end of the day, they get free labor out of you and call it a TDY as if it is some huge opportunity...no, it's just an internal internship.... Benefits were great.... work life...none... management...it depends on the department.. Job culture was pretty decent....cool people, cool programs, lots of activities going on all of the time.
Excellent
Sales Producer (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
It was a great place to learn.
Fun place to work. I really enjoyed my job.
SENIOR CLAIMS PROCESSOR SPECIALIST (Former Employee), ALBUQUERQUE, NMApril 10, 2015
Pros: compensation/benefits
I really enjoyed my job. It was a very nice place to work and everyone felt like family. I worked there almost 15years and learned a lot about the insurance industry. I had a wonderful person for a manager. He was always fair, understanding and a very hard worker. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with internal and external customers.
Great Work Enviroment
Licensed Property and Casualty Agent (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 9, 2015
This was a great opportunity at a young age. I learned business to business sales and developed professionalism while working in a team environment.
N/A
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 9, 2015
At Allstate I learned to sell and how to communicate with clients about their needs with insurance. I learned to ask the right questions to find out the right information from clients in order to find holes in coverage. I made outbound calls and learned time management. The most enjoyable part of my job was to save people money without sacrificing coverage and making people smile.
It's a good company
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, There is always some occasion with free food if you like eating, not a typical call center environment
Cons: Working on Saturdays
A typical day at work includes filing auto/ homeowners claims. Although it doesnt have the same feel as most call center jobs, it is still in fact a call center where inbound and outbound calls are made depending on what you are trained for.
I have learned a lot about the company and its structure in the express claims office. They care about the employees and all management is very approachable. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.
The hardest part of the job is working every Saturday..
The most enjoyable part is working for a company that values its employees. Its a very family like environment on most teams

1 2 3 4 5

About Allstate Insurance

Your career awaits at Allstate. We’re 70,000 professionals strong, working each day to help protect nearly 16 million households. – Read more

Allstate Insurance Salaries