Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 3,554 reviews matching the search
Interesting & Very Busy office
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMay 26, 2017
This office is no longer in existence, but was an excellent company to work for.

If the office was still around customer's would be satisfied with their level of customer service.
Pros
Excellent customer service
Cons
Only part time hours
Great job fun place to work.
Policy Processor Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 26, 2017
Allstate was a great place to work. I loved this company cause they had a passion for customer relations and their employees. overall Allstate was one of the Best places to work with a great reputation. not only was the customers in good hands. They employees were in better hands with Allstate.
Pros
Over all it was the best place to work!
Cons
Negative work environment, gender bias
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
Work environment and culture very negative with incompetent managers. Huge gender bias in favor of men. Workload completely out of control; claims is busy by nature yes, but the workload here is absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Heavy workload, negative environment, gender bias
productive
Insurance Telemarketer (Part time/PRN (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 25, 2017
this company taught me how to be able to interact with people better and be able to open my mind to customer facing some issues and am glad they loved me.
Fast paced, constant attention to detail.
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 25, 2017
Overall great company to work for, great culture. Plenty of departments within the organization. Would recommend to others who are seeking a fast paced environment.
Consistent
Lead Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Seymour, CTMay 25, 2017
Primary responsibility of selling and brokering Allstate products and determining cross sell opportunities with customers who already have policies in force. New customers are generated through personal relationships, walk-ins, or purchased lead lists. Next steps include relationship and rapport building and excellent customer service; eventually becoming the “trusted advisor” to the client, while finding ways to round out complete coverage by selling life insurance, umbrella coverage, and/or commercial coverage.
Excellent company
Property and Casualty Insurance Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
Great benefits like medical, dental, vision, 401k, personal time off, training, bonus plan, employee discounts, diverse culture, with job advancement within the company.
Pros
Training, community service
Cons
No on site cafeteria, only vending machines
Homeowners Claims Department
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaMay 25, 2017
Clerical support for homeowners' claims Adjusters , supporting vendors on claims that needed approval from adjusters. Wrote checks to vendors and to insurers.
good company
Total Lost Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2017
Allstate is a good company, its the staffing agency that made it stressful. CMS Staffing, you never knew if you had a job from one day to the next. You were under paid and over worked
Great job
X-DATER (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 24, 2017
Call a lot ppl ,went went out letters back then and call and see if we could save them money ,typical day at least call 90 ppl per day and got at lest 45% to come in and talk to agents in the office ,it was all customer based and had a great time ,alstate sent us to classes to show phone ethics and how to pronounce and talk proper to incite the interest of customers!
Pros
A lot of work
Cons
A lot of sitting
The most enjoyable part of my job
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 24, 2017
I have worked in the insurance industry for over 15 years and the most enjoyable part of my job has always been the people; customers and coworkers. It's difficult to enjoy your job if you do not like the people you work with.
High energy, high paced position
Sales Producer/Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2017
Inbound and outbound calls to clients and potential clients. Not micro-managed. Must be self motivated to be successful. Great compensation, but no benefits.
A Productive Place to work for
Auto Claims Support and Total Loss Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 23, 2017
My time with Allstate Insurance was a great experience. If I had it to do all over again I would choose to work for this company again. Even though I was temp with Catastrophe Management it was still and experience.
very serious work environment, working for my agent was great and layed back as long as we were productive and selling insurance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2017
I basically set my own schedule with my agent. I came into work after class and stayed until close. the work environment was good and no to much pressure making and transferring clients, and making now sales with policies.
Pros
great supervisor and co workers
Cons
worked i the corprate office so security was very tight
I liked it
SUPPORT STAFF (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Allstate, though at times the day can be hectic. management was fairly incompetent though the lower level employees always where very loyal to each other and worked to help each other.
Good job but it can really be a pain
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2017
I enjoy working at Allstate but it seems they are trying to make it hard to get your yearly raise. They have quality reviews which can be wrong but yet they can not change it once its done. But if your call is re reviewed it can change to a lower score.
Pros
good experience and growth
Cons
metric driven and also buddy system when it comes to getting advancement
review
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2017
Auto adjuster. Evaluate, negotiate auto claims to reach a fair and equitable settlement. Empathize with insured to assure their claim will be handled in a timely and efficient manor. Job requires efficient time management skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Also, maintain a positive relationship with insureds, claimants and agents. Handle a steady volume of new complex claims daily. Achieve cost management objectives through compliance processes.
Pros
Paid .53 per mile
Cons
Not much support from management
When I worked therre, it was an awesome company to work for
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
I've heard there have been many changes that have lessened the quality of working for Allstate. When i worked there, the environment was great. The staff was friendly, positive and helpful. The benefits were also great. Allstate offered great incentives to their employees. I was forced to leave because of a medical condition, but I really enjoyed the job, the people and wish I could still work there.
Pros
Postive environment, great benefits, vacation package.
Cons
working every other weekend.
Customer Focused
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMay 22, 2017
Allstate was a good company to work for especially if you were good with selling and overcoming objections. My job was to offer customers a customized quote for car insurance, and before the conversation was over to let them know we can bundle their home insurance which will allow a much better rate. We would also advise our customers that we had great life insurance and offer money management which we would refer to our financial planners. I learned that it is so important to know what you are covered for in detail before you file a claim, and also to have proper coverage for families needs. The most difficult part of the job for me was having to read scripts to upsell a customer who is totally not interested, but you knew you had to do it because you always wanted to meat your quota. But our company was fun because we always had a lot of fun during our Kick Offs to generate moral and of course more sales.
Pros
we always had free lunch free tee shirts
Cons
Meeting Quotas
Sell insurance
Insurance Agent/ Supervisor Kent & North Olmsted (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2017
Sell p&c and Life & health ins to eligible customer and educate them on coverages which include policy reviews and cross sales. Some offsite work is sometimes required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.