Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 3,988 reviews matching the search
just rough
Vancouver- Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 22, 2017
Poor communication, lazy employees (manager included). Overall just not suited for anyone that is a hard worker. Lack of respect for the customers, not returning phone calls for weeks at a time.
Learning Environment
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 21, 2017
I learner a lot about insurance being apart of the Allstate team and their training materials set you up for success. I would definitely recommend Allstate to friends and family.
Claim Information Manager - Call Center (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Grateful for my time at Allstate - worked with some really great people and enjoyed all that I learned there. Great company who will be there for it's insured members.
it was ok
Business Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Started out great, ended horribly. Morale was horrific, micromanagement at its worst. I had some wonderful coworkers, training was good at first. Unfortunate ending to what I had hoped would be a long term company.
Great Place to work
Extra Hands Concierge (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Great benefits. Lots of paid time off. Relaxed working environment. Close to everything. Flexible working arrangements. Work from home options. Lot of Job opportunities but its hard to move from one unit to the other
Too Far to Travel
Customer Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Customer Service in Both Insurance and Annuity ends of the company. I Loved being Customer Service and the Insurance End was my favorite. But the distance from Wisconsin to Vernon Hills was too much.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Distance
Pros of the job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colton, CASeptember 20, 2017
There was times were it was a slow-paced environment, and there was times it was very fast- paced. I learned how to work outlook excell and different systems.
Pros
Gained knowledge and work experience
Cons
Owner of this location was rude and unprofessional
Was a great place to work
Senior Claim Processing Specialists (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILSeptember 19, 2017
I learned to work as a Team. The reason I had left after 15 years was to stay home with my newborn son who is now 13 years. Started out as a typists for the injury unit and ended up with the title of Senior Claim Processing Specialist.
Excellent Learning experiences
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2017
I have learned a lot about insurances. Allstate is a good company which sells a lot of different insurances. Our team has successfully proposed a plan on how to help this Allstate company to generate profits
No pay, No help
Personal Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Even though you think that working for a P&C agent would be very helpful in terms of getting customers, think again. The agents feel that the advisors are their adversaries and only out to take money from their pocket. Even though they themselves can't or won't sell financial products like life insurance or mutual funds, they strickly stick to selling P&C products. So not much help from them or their staff who really doesn't care as long as they get paid.
Great Place to Work
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
I have been very happy in my time with Allstate. Hours are flexible, pay is based on hourly plus commission with no cap.

Friendly atmosphere. Unlimited potential.
Fast Paced
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Allstate is a fast paced environment
The management is very good and is willing to work around any unforeseen scheduling issues.
I learned a lot in regards to the insurance industry that I did not know.
Mailroom, no advancement
Securities, Shipping (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 19, 2017
It has been too long a period of time to give a fair assessment of Allstate. Contract worker. I delivered mail and company material throughout the Allstate campus ,while being a component for logistics for outside delivery. Wasn't treated fairly for being a college educated employee with an extensive work experience. Wasn't once considered to achieve within the corporate culture. Effectively was a person who created a logistical system within the building
Pros
Gained organizational skills
Cons
No mobility or opprotunity
Great benefits, working culture, balance of personal life and work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 19, 2017
I loved working for Allstate until I got laid off. I had worked there for almost 20 years. Managers were very fair and understanding. Great benefits, diverse working culture, good pay.
Pros
Benefits, balance of personal life and work
Cons
Hard to move up/advance
LOVED this position - Great Company
Agent/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 19, 2017
The owner of the agency was the best. He was kind and considerate to the employees and the customers. The family environment and atmosphere made for a perfect work environment.
Great Job
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 19, 2017
This is a call center job but I really enjoyed how everyone got along and the overall environment of the office. The stressful part is taking the calls all day long with no break of monotony is what makes it rough.
Stressful Job/GoodPay
Senior Staff Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LASeptember 17, 2017
The job overall was very stressful. The pay was good. However, the customers were always frustrated and overwhelmed due to their accidents. I didn't agree with their claim evaluation process.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Stressful
fun work place
Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2017
proactively process member request for roadside . Build rapport with the member. Making sure the customer stay in safe location while getting assistance
Experience at Allstate
Java Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 17, 2017
On a typical day, we always would get new defects coming from ATSC (Allstate Technology Solutions Center) raised by Customer Agents using Alliance, our application, and would analyze what would have caused them from a back-end perspective and then figure out a solution to each one of them. The workplace culture was manageable though, since there were many processes that kept changing, especially with the documentation, sometimes it would be difficult to keep up. The enjoyable part of the job were office events.
Good People to work with
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2017
Retired when my position went out of state.
They did provide a nice compensation.
Poor management at the time.
Good Company to work for
Just not easy to advance
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.