Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 2,942 reviews matching the search
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Learned a lot of great things like how to develop a marketing plan to bring in more customers, generate quotes for auto, home and life insurance.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Learned how to multitask
Intern (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed getting to Intern for an Allstate Agency. I learned a great deal about dedication to servicing a business. I learned about keeping detailed call records and payment records. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers. In the Insurance business most customers are not calling to get insurance most are calling to complain about having to pay for increases in their premiums. The most enjoyable part of working their was working with others in a team. They were some of the best people to work with because they kept the work environment light while still getting work done.
Pros
Breaks, Lunch Breaks, Caring Boss
Fair
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Worked for a small Allstate office and there were not enough employee procedures. If you sold more than others it seemed you have more privileges than others.
Terrible company
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 14, 2017
All this company cares about is your credit history. If you have a bad driving record but good credit they will insure you. If you have a perfect driving record and bad credit they will not. It's bullcrap. Working for them is not a piece of cake either. Almost everyone you quote is ineligible so you need to be calling 100-150 people a day and you'll be lucky if you get 1 sale. People are constantly fudging the reports and applications just to get a sale which is illegal. Just all around the worst insurance company I've worked for.
Pros
Hours
Productive and fun place to work.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Working for Allstate is top notch. Allstate is a great company to work for.

Some of my jog duties are customer relationships, selling, claims and business management.
Pros
Being my own boss
Cons
Being my own boss
Great company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Loved my time there would recommend this for a career. Given the chance would end my career there. Better than State Farm or any other insurance company.
Summary
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 12, 2017
They empower workers to make decisions that will affect policyholders. Schedule based on your preference, flexible hours. Very good training and mentoring.
Pros
Flexible schedules available
Cons
Constant change in process
working @ Allstate
Operational Performance Leader/Hiring Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Working in claims is hard work. Be prepared to learn alot and be challenged.
Management and co-workers are very nice and easy to get along with. Would recommend for entry level.
Horrible place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 11, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company. The owners told me several different things I would be able to do but after I got there their minds changed. Management wasn't what it should be. A lot of harassment towards the employees by the agent.
Pros
Off weekends and holidays
Cons
Everything else
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Good schedules
I learn that sales can be very hard and stressful field but s a way to make money.
job environment is very easy going since you work only with 3 to 5 people you get to know them better.
great place
Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working in the insurance industry. It was fun and i enjoy working for my boss. I hope that you will consider working here
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Great company to work for. A agent office job with no benefits. If you like customer service then go ahead and apply. They are located at the Nissan dealership in Morrow.
fun place, low pay
Customer Service Representative/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 10, 2017
low pay for the workload. too much expectations for the pay, no commission when you bring a lot of customers to the company. not fairly compensated.
Pros
free lunches a good job for a high school student
Unloyal Company-Allstate Insurance
Allstate Processor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 10, 2017
A company that only accommodates friends and families to progress up the line of command.

Excessive amount of overworking to cover up mistakes, Too many times numbers were fudged so the office could succeed better.
Management Favortism
Some employees just On Line shopped and that was OK because they are best friends with a hirer up manager
Being forced to stay and work after hours to return never ending calls. There was no way around this
Was not allowed to tell the truth on our yearly surveys. If you did your whole unit was penalized and you were forced to be involved in off the floor meetings monthly
Pros
Health Coverage, though expensive, was worth it
Cons
FAVORTISM
Took excellant care of their employees and provided everything we could possibly need.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 10, 2017
Answered phones entire shift while providing empathy and problem solving with our customers. In between calls employer would provide different team events to keep us motivated and having fun.
Pros
Atmosphere was excellant to work in
demading fast paced environment
Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 9, 2017
demading fast paced environment where employees are constantly being asked to improve processes and be adaptable.

this is a good place for building skillset, but the job security isn't always stable.
Pros
development
Cons
job security
Decent place to work with sales experience
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 9, 2017
Allstate was a great culture with some good coworkers that helped learn the systems and answered questions if I had any. Being successful Cold-Calling is a must to make any desired salary.
Pros
Culture, Benefits
Cons
Salary, Loss of customer base
Licensed sales professional (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day at work would be checking emails, getting back to customers with questions they had and problems to solve. Lots of selling and paperwork. I learned that I enjoy understanding a product or position in order to serve the customer/client the best possible way. I also learned that patients and kindness go a long way when handling tough situations. I worked in a few different offices and most of my co-workers were pleasant and enjoyed their work. The hardest part of the job for me was sitting in an office for 8 hours a day with little time to stretch or walk around.The most enjoyable part of my day was whenI was able to help a client and make a frustrating situation easier for them.
Pros
My own work space and Interacting with people
Cons
Hurried breaks and lack of motion
Great Place To Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Allstate has a great work/life balance. The company offers continuing education to make sure that the staff understands the product. The hardest part is not being able to befriend your co-workers, because you want them to respect you as a manager.
Pros
Cons
Not enough time for lunch breaks, should be at least an hour
Senior Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Working for Allstate was rewarding for what I needed at the time. The work was repetitive so there was nothing too difficult about it. There were unreachable quota's that were expected with no resolution as to how your were going to reach the quota.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.