Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,665 reviews matching the search
Phenomenal employee culture, more like a family, fantastic work/life balance
Commercial Inside Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IllinoisMarch 22, 2016
Allstates inclusive environment promotes collaboration across multiple business units providing a feeling of family. The work/life balance places family first, lessening the stress or worry about family members, along with the benefits to fully support the good hands families. The onsite facilities present opportunities to take care of some of the pesky weekend chores right at work! There is an on site pharmacy, coffee shop, cafeteria, nail salon and child care!
Pros
Daycare, cafeteria, coffee shop, pharmacy, nail salon are all on site!
Cons
parking is hard to find
Was a very stick place to work for.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 31, 2016
When I first started to work for Allstate I thought I was going to be starting a career.... I was also working part time with QuikTrip just to get back on my feet. The owner of the office i worked for told me if i quite QuikTrip and started working full time he would give me a raise from $10.00 to $15.50 needless to say I took the deal. He did NOT keep his end of the deal instead he kept me at $10.00/hr and decreased my hours. Then as the new year came about he closed his doors without saying anything to anyone. no warning or anything. i was not happy with this owner at all.
Pros
flexible
Cons
to many to say if you can read my review
Productive and stress free
LSP (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work consists of opening and prepping the office.
Customers call or come in to make payments, make changes or to buy insurance for a multitude of different things. We work with the customer to make sure that customer is getting the best product for the money they are spending.
The management is outstanding. Coworkers are outstanding as well. There is nothing hard about the job and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make the customer satisfied.
Pros
Free to manage our business
Cons
above average pay, no benefits
Friendly environment with good work/life balance and nice campus
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 30, 2016
Allstate is laid back and friendly but slow to promote high performers. There are still too many silos which can make it frustrating for areas that have similar goals. You can learn a lot of valuable skills on the job if you are willing to raise your hand for stretch assignments. There are many programs that promote health and well-being. Philanthropy and/or volunteerism is highly valued.
Pros
Onsite Starbucks, salon, convenience store, pharmacy and physician
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, slow to adopt better technology, need more collaboration
Overall it was a great place to work, sorry that it closed.
Insurance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was the almost family like atmosphere that existed among the 1000+ employees of the Support Center.

Working with agents from multiple states was challenging as each had specific state laws and regional underwriting guidelines that governed how we processed every transaction.

The hardest part of the job was actually when the corporate office decided to consolidate it's processes, close that office and migrate the work to another facility.
Pros
great employee benefits
Cons
office closed
Allstate Insurance
Senior Service Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2016
A large company with high turnover. Company tends to lose track of that each department is doing since it is so large and segmented. Very process driven that day to day business gets bogged down.
Pros
Vacation time, Health Benefits, Learning Resources
Cons
Rare lunch breaks, advancement difficult, dated technology, working holidays
Like a country club, if you not in their circle your basically out.
Field adjuster (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 5, 2015
Hands down worst place place I've ever worked in my life. The management is horrendous and the guy who runs the claims dept is only in it for his own pocket. If your a cute young female there is room for advancement. My manager (the one just below him) insulted me by questioning my intelligence. I worked the hardest I've ever worked for any job at this company, went above and beyond any time I could. We received surveys once a year which they encourage you to take yet tell you they are confidential but yet how did one of my co-workers find out it was me who took one? And I was let go just weeks after. Worst experience of my life.

I suffered an anxiety attack for the first time in my life and did not know what it was and after speaking to a professional found put it was stress related and work induced. I'm just glad I got let go. Because when I see a ex coworker and they tell me its still bad im glad I work where I do now. Beware that office is run by the next hitler.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation
Great place to learn....not so hot compensation
Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
Allstate is a great place to work for because of the atmosphere. The leadership is passionate and employees are motivated to put there best foot forward. The only downside is that compensation is based on tenure and there are many newer employees that work harder and more efficiently only to be told that there is no room for salary advancement.
Pros
Great work life balance, laid back atmosphere
Cons
job growth, compensation
Great place to work and develop
Lifecycle Specialist/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 11, 2015
Allstate has been good to me. I started low and built up experience and expertise. The benefits started out great and are still competitive though perhaps no longer best in class. They helped me get my degree, and allowed me to work remotely, and you can expect access to training opportunities for both online and remote training. They have provided me with amazing opportunities and even being released by them I am enjoying severance benefits.
The problem is they are pushing away from a US based staff. Job openings are rare and teams are continuously being shrank which increases workload and insecurity. Jobs are being shipped overseas to save money.
Pros
Excellent coworkers and benefits
Cons
revolving upper level management over powered by accounting concerns
Only go here if you want to get your career started then leave inside of two years
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 30, 2015
Expect $15-20k LESS in pay than being an adjuster at Liberty Mutual, Progressive and other companies (just look at their job postings). Pension? Gone. 401k? Constantly being changed. Lay offs left and right, outsourcing galore and adjusters are constantly leaving. Are you a policy holder? Expect your claim to be handled by a newbie, but the plus side is they are highly reluctant to drop policy holders. The morale was so low at Allstate that even the lights seemed dimmer than other companies. Just take a look at the history of the stock price and how many executives and directors left or "retired early." Heed my words, if you need a job, get in, update your resume and get out. This will not be your career so long as the company is ran as it has been.
Pros
Lots of benefits but they keep chipping away at them
Cons
No advancement unless management likes you (actual skill is irrelevant).
Fortune 100 - ALL
Pricing Technician Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 23, 2015
A strong, typical Fortune 100 company -

You will encounter a lot of opportunities for advancement (particularly at the Northbrook, IL home office), diverse teams, and a variety of roles / career paths to choose.

*Politics are present, as in any large organization.

Also, there is a decidedly conservative corporate culture at Allstate; there are a variety of implications to this both positive and negative.

---

I left my job for other opportunities but had I been mature enough and self-directed enough, this would have been a place of fruitful and rewarding growth for at least a few years ( *Millennial* )

Take this for what you will - I wish you the best of luck if you decide to pursue employment at Allstate!
Pros
Benefits, job security, brand strength, diverse work opportunities
Cons
Conservative culture, upcoming industry disruptions (i.e. driverless cars)
Lack of strategy
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 10, 2016
management looks to make changes all the time with lack of clear vision. Work like balance is semi non existent and benefits keep getting cut
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
cut benefits, low wages, long hours
Not a good place for contractors or temps.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILDecember 16, 2015
A week to get your system up and running, training was horrible, lack of leadership and horrible communication. The work was easy once you knew what was exactly needed of you. Trained by 3 different people who have been there for 15+ yrs and expected to do the one assignment 3 different ways and then blamed for errors on work you were never trained on.
Pros
All benefits are good if you are a full time employee, except to many chiefs in one dept
Cons
Horrible for temp employees, you are treated like second class and have no rights to anything, not even free stuff they pass out to employees right in front of you.
Small family business with a plesant friendly atmosphere and great staff and co-workers all around
Office Manager; Personal Lines Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul Park, MNDecember 14, 2015
When I arrive I open up office, boot up computer programs, turn on lights for building, make coffee, tidy up any mess from the previous day, as well as check mail, e-mail, and voice mail while making task lists for the staff and office owner (prioritize the urgent tasks down to the mundane). Throughout the day I spent my time fielding phone calls, sending mailings, posting on social media on agency website, as well as assisting agency owner in appointment setting and policy writing.
I have been in the insurance industry for over 10 years now, and everyday is a learning experience. The hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled customers. The vast majority of the time, I am able to tactfully handle the situation and make them happy. The most rewarding part of the job is helping people understand their personal insurance needs, and helping problem solve in tough situations.
Pros
Saving people money! Helping protect clients from catastrophoic loss.
Cons
Not enough hours or opportuinity for advancement, no benefits.
Great company with outstanding benfits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 14, 2016
Although Allstate is a call center, it is a great place to work. Loads of benefits, great pay, friendly workers, and activities regularly. They have a ping pong table, foosball, TV, and air hockey are all accessible on breaks and after work, not including free coffee and hot chocolate. Taking phone calls all day can be a little rough, but Allstate does their part to keep their workers happy.
Pros
Benefits, pay, co-workers, activities.
Cons
Work on holidays, not family friendly.
allstate is great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New City, NYMarch 17, 2016
professional work environment, lots of continuing education, there is always room to grow in career wise as well as salary.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
late hours
Allstate Insurance Call Center
Claims Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 18, 2015
At Allstate, my time was spent handling inbound calls the majority of the time. I scheduled appointments for customers, worked with other insurance companies, and mentored fellow employees. Often times the hardest part of my job was knowing that there was no opportunity for advancement unless I moved to another Allstate location out of state. But I very much enjoyed helping customers and knowing that I made a difference.
Pros
Excellent supervisor, coworkers
Cons
Poor benefits, virtually no opportunities in Cheyenne for advancement.
Allstate was a great company to work for in the beginning.
Assist vendors (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 29, 2015
The first 5 years of employment I could not wait to go to work. Then the company was more concerned about the money and less about the people who made the money possible. We were treated like numbers that did not matter rather than human beings.
The people who worked at my office were great and I enjoyed working with them. However the upper management got to where they were afraid to show their face due to what they had done to their employees.
I loved the work that I did and my knowledge greatly improved in many fields.
Pros
great benefits, home/work balance
Cons
not appreciated, did not trust management
This was an ok job
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 13, 2016
The bad part about this job is if you did not know someone in upper management you were not getting any promotions. The job has poor management
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Weekend work
Great Company
Sr. Claims Professional (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Great company, excellent benefits. Feels like a second home, the company cares about you and your future. Very understanding and friendly management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.