Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 3,768 reviews matching the search
Great boss. Fun workplace in a fast paced industry.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLJuly 22, 2017
Work at this very well established insurance company was very educational. The property and casualty insurance business is competitive and constantly changing. I enjoyed having state of the art technology and working with professional yet fun co-workers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Few benefits
It was ok.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIJuly 22, 2017
As a telemarketer, we didn't get much. The job was pretty simple, but we were the ones that got the brunt of those who did not like our cold calls, and we didn't get much for the leads we did provide.
Great Place to work
Claim Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Great Place to work!! You need a college degree to advance in this company. Anything that have to do with claim in this company is a lot of work, not for everyone. But if you are organize and do not mind the paperwork you will do good.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
It's insane the amount of work we get!
Awesome if you're competitive
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 21, 2017
Allstate in general is an awesome company to work for. However depending on YOUR AGENCY OWNER will be what influence's how competitive you aim to be. If you have an owner who is there and encourages you, which I was blessed to have with my last agency, then you'll advance!
Poor Management and Below Average Pay
Licensed Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHJuly 21, 2017
Pay is no where near what it should be for the work put into this position. Effort does not reflect the compensation. Unless you plan on owning your own agency there is no room for advancement and no incentive to increase pay. Management made this position unbearable. The amount of micromanaging and degrading was enough for 6 employees to leave in 4 months. If you enjoy cold calling and telemarketing for 8 hours straight during the day, this job may be for you.
Great Job
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 21, 2017
My work day was really relaxed, very little management.
The management team allowed the reps to work freely.
The work was easy and the employees were very helpful with the training and if you needed any extra help.

There were no bonuses due to working for a temp agency.
But working for Allstate it was like a family.
They invited you to do the events at the job, enjoying different incentives and they had a birthday celebration for every employee rather hired from Allstate or the Temp agency.

The overall experience was awesome and I would definitely work for the company again.
Pros
Great work environment. Worked as temp for Kelly Services
Cons
no con's really worked for a temp agency.
Opprotunity to grow
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work with opportunity to grow, learned a lo about insurance options and making quotes. Management was well organized and supportive and here was great team work.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
No benefits offered at the time
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 20, 2017
Call center work, answering phones and making outbound calls. Flexible schedules anywhere from 645am to mignight. Pay started at $15.00/hr when I left, paid training (approx. 2 months training). Raises depend on performance. There was not very much opportunity for advancement at the call center I was at but just because there are not many people in upper level positions leaving. There are plenty of opportunities if you transfer to a different state though. Coworkers there are pretty relaxed and are willing to help others. Hardest part of the job is the mental stress of taking call after call. Overall, a great place to work for the pay.
Pros
benefits, paid time off (14 days+), starting pay ($15)
Cons
opportunity for advancement, stress
Fun, comfortable but stressful, goal oreinted
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MI 48197July 20, 2017
The people were easy to get along with, and the work/life was flexible. My biggest issue was that the security was commission based where we relied on cold calling and minimal advertisement to engage with potential clients.
A good place to get started in the insurance industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2017
I learned a lot about commercial insurance and underwriting. Was very micro-managed. The workplace culture took a severe decline the longer I was there.
Pros
Good amount of PTO
Cons
micro-managed, poor compensation, no room to advance
Awesome place to work
Recruiter (GHRN) (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 20, 2017
Have worked for the GHRN department with great employees all over America. Provides a great work life including allowing me to work from home occasionally.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
not hiring perm as told in the beginning
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company, many new people from different cultures, backgrounds and work environment was good. Supervisors, managers were very friendly and understanding.
Pros
Family orientated
Great learning experience
Medical Billing/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 20, 2017
I learned so much here because not only did I file records, but I had to explain them. My supervisors also allowed me to work in many areas to equip me with general insurance knowledge.
Pros
Much to learn
Cons
Burdensome filing sometimes/entry level position
A great place to work
Pilot Catastrophe (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 20, 2017
Allstate was a great place to work. The only thing about the job that I was doing you must be independent in how you do your work. Learned a great deal on information. Worked very long hours. No time for personal life at all.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No home life
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJuly 19, 2017
Phone calls, customer service, handle customer request regarding policy changes i.e. add car, replace car, delete cars, coverage questions, policy increase, billing questions, payment handling, RCPS meeting and management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2017
The coworkers were always welcoming and helpful. My boss was great and helped mold me into the employee I am today. He took a chance on me being fresh out of high school and I'm grateful for my time there.
Could care less about your work/life balance
Casualty Auto Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2017
The heading of this review says it all. They feel Allstate should be the first priority in their employees life. The workload is overwhelming, and they have no urgency to assist the employees in the workload.
Fantastic company, many benefits
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 19, 2017
Great people, great environment, vehicle supplied with gas card, numerous advancements and job choices. retirement and health coverage, training in the auto collision.
Pros
heath care, retirement package
Cons
na
Allstate
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
Not my cup of tea, liked helping customers who were in accidents and needed assistance ASAP, but as far as the company, not so much. Thought that they would be better.
Learning & Operations Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 19, 2017
Great culture and decent benefits, but compensation is not as good as other companies. I would recommend working for Allstate if you don't mind getting paid a little less for a good work life balance and environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.