Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 3,540 reviews matching the search
Great work/life balance and very friendly staff
Sales associate/ Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2017
Comfortable work environment with a kitchen break room. Taught interpersonal skills as well as executive assistant tasks. Hardest part of the job is learning the system but that even is not that bad.
Good Hands
Internship (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMay 19, 2017
All State was a good experience for me it was even though it was only an internship it really help me get a better understanding of the business world the people and the everyday life of that society
Pros
Understanding
Cons
Non
Good
Licensed Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLMay 19, 2017
Good place to work. Everyone got along well. The company is persistent to adapt and change for the customer's best interest. The agency is great and the work environment is top notch.
Quantity over Quality
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2017
Same mgrs promoted over and over, you work every Sat, lots of PTO but u never get to take it due to low staffing, managers have titles with no degrees, people come to work dressed however and mgt doesn't say anything, lots of pointless meetings, you can take 10 or 20 calls per hour you still get paid the same, front line leaders are scared to take reps concerns to division leaders, gift cards are given for performance but taxed at the end of the month, sales department is in competition with license dept, pay is lowest compared to other insurance companies, no work life balance working every weekend and holiday, it's more people that work here than higher positions available, takes about 5 years to move up in company they will deny your interview everytime.
Pros
Benefits, Free Food
Cons
Poor management, Performance based pay, Open 24/7
Allstate culture can be great
Product Strategy and Innovation Manager (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMay 19, 2017
Allstate is a good company to work for but make sure you select your department based on long term career goals. Various teams operate like a completely different company.
self-employed
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMay 18, 2017
a challenging industry with the internet sales channel now comprising alot of the industry. auto & home insurance is now commoditized as a price only product and the lowest price wins. takes a good agent and business savvy to make an agency work.
Pros
your own office
Cons
make it whatever you want.
Allstate
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 18, 2017
Allstate is great, but not sufficient pay it benefits are being provided. Management from the head agent is lacking, there is lack of training and development.
Micromanagement
RMBC Individual Risk Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 17, 2017
Management will stand over you and nag about procedures that they are even unclear about. Micromanagement is the worst but job security was a plus. Co workers were neither here nor there. Its work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lots of changes
knowledge
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
I did enjoyed to work on the insurance industry, I did learn about auto, home insurance.

I like the fact that I did work directly with the customer via phone or in person.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
no benefits
Nice place to work and great enviroment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 17, 2017
I love working with Allstate because it is a great company! The people are very friendly and I love working in a customer service enviroment . The only thing that really concern me is that the don't offer you health insurance. Other than that I really recomend this company... it feels great when you help people find the right Insurance.
great office
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2017
the people were awesome. family oriented, good pay and great manager. if were possible would recommend to any friend. still in touch with the people from the office.
Very click-ish
Claims Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 16, 2017
Lots of bullying by co-workers and management that was just swept under the rug. No work-life balance. You can only advance in the company if you are friends with or dating/married to the right people.
productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable/Receivable
Computer Data Reports
Filing
Claims
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
needed my insurance lisence
Allstate was a great place to work
Licensed P&C / Life & Health Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 16, 2017
Overall, my experience of having worked with Allstate has been nothing but positive. I came into the industry as a rookie, looking to cut my teeth and make my mark, and Allstate allowed me to do just that.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Must be prepared to work long hours
Worked there for Tuition Reimbursement
Customer Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2017
Worked there for Tuition Reimbursement and it was appreciated, completed my bachelors degree and then left the company. I was there for 5 years.......
Allstate evolving
Enterprise Mobility Management Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2017
Allstate is a large, complex company that is in the process of transition. The running theme is, "change". They emphasize self improvement and professional growth and have several programs with online education providers and even reimbursement for job related continued education.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Office facilities are a little outdated
Working for allstate
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 15, 2017
Its a fast pace work environment sales is very challenging but its no room for advancement you come in as a sale rep on a commission based salary and will forever be that person
It was a challenge going from one company to another one.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bay Village, OHMay 15, 2017
My experience is not typical. Working for a different company with different computer system took a little bit to learn. Policy differences in any company change from year to year, and sometimes month to month.
Pros
Learnable
Cons
Agent dependent on compensation, benefits and bonus structure
Love Allstate
Personal Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2017
The supporting management at Allstate is just superb. You get everything that you need to be successful here and I am so glad that I found it when I did.
Productive and fun
Business Analyst/Change Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMay 14, 2017
Learned a lot and was able to bring my experience to the table to help grow business 100% each year. There was room for growth and advancement. I would definitely work for the company again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.