Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Decent
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Hudosn OHOctober 14, 2017
The company is disorganized. Ultimately this is just a call center job. Its a great entry level underwriting position. But not great for a long term career.
Benefits
Cons
Easy to get lost amogst the many other employees
Laid back and easy going atmosphere
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHOctober 14, 2017
A typical day at All State would include answering the phone, greeting clients, taking payments.
The people I worked with are wonderful people to work with.
The atmosphere is always relaxed and fun with plenty of laughs.
The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system manly because the manager I worked with would open the apps herself that I needed to be in.
The enjoyable part of working there has to be the people I work with.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
low work hours because I only part time on a fill in bases
Good learning experience
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILOctober 13, 2017
Learned about Allstate's sales and servicing of auto and homeowners insurance in a local agency. The hardest part of the job was cold calling on lists to try to sell their products.
relaxed workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHOctober 13, 2017
office setting, business setting, very relaxing, you get to work at your own pace, nothing is rushed, everything is very simple and easy, very good internship experience!
Pros
gaining expiereince
Cons
bored
Great job culture
Agency Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 12, 2017
Working for Allstate was a pleasure. The management staff and coworkers were positive and we had daily group pep talks which helped keep moral up. The training was very thorough but pay wasn't that great.
no growth or advancement
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 12, 2017
no growth or advancement. Stressful customers and no support from managers. Allstate is an okay place if you are not looking to advance. benefits are not the best due to the high deductibles.
Fun and relaxing
customer service (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 12, 2017
I was trained for customer service. My job was to call customers and offer them free insurance quotes for auto and home. I love my job at Allstate but it was just temporary.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Work, life balance is not primary
Liability Determination Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2017
Left Allstate because the job started to impact my personally life. Unless you're willing to deal with customer's complaints on a consistent basis in the claims department, this company is for the mentally strong.
Productive and fun workplace
CLAIMS SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2017
bring your own personality to the work place! This job requires empathy and understanding for each customer. over time you learn how to be more efficient and meet your goals for excellent customer service. Great team atmosphere. Every employee is valued and good deeds are always rewarded. The ping pong table in the cafeteria is great too!
Pros
lunch trucks, cookouts, team atmosphere
Cons
call center
Allstate was a great company to work for
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2017
Allstate was a great company to work for. I thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from my tenure with Allstate. The company is well managed and provides an excellent environment for personal and professional growth.
a nice place to work
Allstate Liability Determination Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2017
nice place to work and meet nice people. Could have a little more discipline through out the company. I enjoyed some of the relationships made while I was there
Pros
got to go to the HQ in Chicago
Cons
discipline
Fun Enviroment
Claims and Rental Specialist- Call Center (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 11, 2017
The company was awesome. Very fun environment. There were many celebrations. The managers work with you. The company shows appreciation and rewards when you do a great job.
productive
Sales Agent Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Working there you learn alot how the insurance business work, and how they can rip off people at times. Everyone needs insurance so it was a eye opener to me!
Workplace
Licensed Producer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 10, 2017
Allstate has a lot of rules that make it difficult to do well when it comes to productivity. Leads are not frequent, customers rarely are happy with rates.
Very busy place to work
Licensed Insurance Agent in Home (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Allstate, I was always busy doing quotes or answering phone calls. The hours were excellent and the individual I worked for was very easy going and provided a professional yet fun place to work.
Very fast paced, but fun
Auto Damage Appraiser/Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 10, 2017
Just understand that you are never caught up on your work. The faster you learn to do your job, the more they will give you to do. If you are ambitious, you can work your way into better pay and more responsibility. This job is not for everyone. It can be very stressful because you are dealing with customers that are generally stressed out. It was not for me because I could not sit at a desk all day, but for those who can, its a great job.
commute too far; cost of road tolls prohibitive
LICENSED SALES PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Heath, TXOctober 10, 2017
very slow office; commute too far for me; also the cost of tolls ($80 per week) was prohibitive; not enough leads/traffic. Owner/agent was very supportive in helping me get my
Allstate binding authority
Comfortable and Challenging
ARCHITECT & LEAD DEVELOPER / COLLABORATION SME (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 9, 2017
An awesome company to work with which I enjoyed working with for the past 20 years on various projects. Very professional individuals that respect consultants.
Insurance Producer
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILOctober 9, 2017
I actually worked for an agency. We sold Allstate insurance, but I technically worked for the agent. I learned a lot about insurance and sales, but found I did not enjoy selling insurance.
Selling Insurance
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 9, 2017
Working in a fast pace company. Constant phone work and computer work. Little money for selling many policies. Not worth the stress for the little pay. Got my state license and still made little pay.
Pros
Dealing with people.
Cons
Dealing with people and little pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.