Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,665 reviews matching the search
customer service representative
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2016
Well the job itself is a good place to work at because training is a plus working for a call center
The atmosphere is wonderful to work, the value of this job is great, the co workers and management are great also helping one another to fulfill the goal
The hardest part about the job is asking to customers to sign up on our website, that gets rough
Begin a customer service representative is teaches you how to cope with other customers and their daily lives and when calling into the company when they have an accident at the scene yes they are nervous and sometimes just don't know what to do, that is where the patience come in at.
When customers call you have to be in their shoes to know how on the other end of the phone someone is there been there pleasant voice who there through the process
Productive and fun work environment
Pilot Catastrophy (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2016
It was a career change. The opportunity to travel, the freedom and the compensation was awesome! I can't wait to get started, again.
Allstate is a great company
Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 30, 2016
Relationship based job
Must be very self motivated to be successful
Help people save money and properly protect their assets
Trust, Honesty, Integrity, very important when advising limits/coverages
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickens, SCJune 29, 2016
Allstate was an overall great company to work for. I would have liked to have been offered some type of healthcare. i enjoyed my co-workers and i enjoyed assisting customer with their needs.
Very Productive work place
Medical Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 29, 2016
This is a great place to work, everyone is very helpful, and you do have the opportunity to advance. This a company that is ever changing.
n/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2016
provided customer service work for this company assisting customers with their medical insurance needs.
Productive work enviornment
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NYJune 28, 2016
Working at an Allstate Insurance office is a great overall experience, benefiting my interests in the administrative setting. My coworkers are extremely friendly and helpful as well. I also benefitted from customer servicing, which increased my confidence in the area. The hardest part of the job is keeping every customer happy, which is sometimes impossible. The most enjoyable part of this job is creating new relationships with many customers that overall benefitted the company.
A Good company to work with !!!
Developer come team lead (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 25, 2016
I started working with Syntel Pvt Ltd in 2014 and it's pleasure working with Syntel on technical side. I started as module lead and now leading the team.
Take no sick days
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLJune 25, 2016
I have accumulated experience in may fields, will work at most any job even if travel involved, have no kids at home free to travel
It is as rewarding and profitable as you make of it.
Licensed Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Penitas, TXJune 24, 2016
Commission based job which allows you the opportunity to make as much or as little money as you want. It is a LOT of hard work, long hours, dedication... but it is worth it. The Agency Owner is one of the best people you will ever meet in your life.
assisted customers
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 23, 2016
Allstate was a pretty good company. Advancement was pretty decent, The benefit was good. Sick time was available. It was good and bad calls that was received. Some of the calls made me very sad when it was a fatality.
Pros
benefits, sick time available
Cons
hours worked, distanced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 23, 2016
Great place to work and great coworkers. No room for growth or pay increase. Owners we're family orientated and very understanding.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 22, 2016
When you start most jobs you see everyone is fairly new, but it was very frequent to see co-workers at Allstate who have been with the company for 20 plus years which led me to believe it was a good company to work for.
Good company to work for if you don't get restructured out
Technical Writer and Manual Auditor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 22, 2016
I loved my job, wanted to keep it, but systematic restructuring eliminated thousands of positions company-wide over a number of years. My number was up.
Pros
work from home, flexibility, PTO, work-life balance
Cons
no job security
Has great cafeteria for breakfast,lunch &dinner
Senior Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 22, 2016
Would review and process over 100 life insurance policies that underwriters would send to me. Would have to assure the underwriter met all the requirements on the application before I could approve it.
Learned life insurance terminology
Management was helpful.
Co-workers were friendly
Hardest part of the job was not having all the information needed to complete certain tasks
Most enjoyable was being able to deal with internal personal.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Advancement within the company
excellent work place
Sales Assoc (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2016
Excellent place, managers and everybody is willing to help and look after you.

Most co-workers are awesome

Facilities are great
Cons
Good work envorinment good people around you
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJune 20, 2016
It was a good job pretty easy work and really good pay but management was not good and work/life balance was horrible. The people around you are great like your coworkers but management was not good they would push for transparency but they didn't have to be transparent with you. The calls were good every once in a while you would get a rude customer but for the most part they were nice and it was easy.
Allstate Insurance Company
Current role- Claims Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2016
Allstate is a Fortune 500 company. Stable and opportunity to transition into other roles. Office in several states and host the largest auto operation in the country.
terrible work environment
Independent Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Hopatcong, NJJune 17, 2016
I did not like the owner and manager of the Allstate office I worked at. I am so glad I do not work their anymore. It was a small office and I liked my one co-worker. He was helpful unfortunately he was overworked and could not help me get acquainted with my new job.
Pros
close to where I lived
Cons
owner was a jerk
great discounts
Agency Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2016
50% off discount on everything in the store . dibs on all the the new styles . commission if your full time . great managment fun enviorment