Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 3,772 reviews matching the search
Life & Retirement Positions
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 9, 2017
Allstate is a fine company for P&C business, sky is the limit with hard work. On the Life & Retirement side the company is differently focused. Managers are very nice and try hard but have limited ability to steer effective partners to their new hires. Success comes from ones ability to obtain good P&C location partners who then provide leads. There's no metric for this process and so it gets managed accordingly. Initially this process is beyond the new hires control and luckily, they are not told this during the interview process. Additionally, you may at times compete against seasoned contractors for business for which the company has contracted you to service. This too is not discussed during the interview process. What's very satisfying is helping people protect their families and save for their future. You can make your own hours which is nice, and you have the choice of paying for your own healthcare, or you can get Obamacare if the situation allows.
Pros
Make your own hours, helping families financially
Cons
Longevity is the mitigating factor to success, pay your own healthcare, very low commission percentages
Great opportunity
Agency Consultant (Manager) (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 9, 2017
Allstate is a great company to work for. They are fair and caring about their employees. This is a very professional place to work and build a career.
Pros
Career
Good management support
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2017
There was very good support from the management and company has very clear and honest process. Pay was not that great however work environment/culture suited me very well and I learned a lot about dealing with different customers and build the business relationship.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
low salary
Lots of PTO, Pay is ok
CLAIMS FIELD ADJUSTER AUTO TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 8, 2017
You get so much time off at Allstate, that alone is worth the job. You also get a matching 401k and a pension which is very nice. The pay is a little less than you would get at another company doing the same job but you do get raises often. Overall it was a good experience but they do have lay offs every few years so the future is not guaranteed.
Pros
Pto, Pension
Cons
unsure future, low pay when hired
Competitive workplace
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 8, 2017
Great company to work with and many avenues to pursue in the insurance industry. There are many networks to become a part of with other Agents/LSP's in the area/nation.
Allstate Insurance
Claims Service Adjuster/Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 7, 2017
Great benefits, overall great job training. Allstate is an established company however the work atmosphere is stringent, inflexible and does not allow for a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Low morale.
Don't get stuck working for Allstate.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 7, 2017
The customers can get away with murder, but the employees are micromanaged, nitpicked, paid the lowest possible for their field of specialty. Raises are so low usually between 1-2% a year. You work like a dog services the customer and put in extra hours that you don't get paid for, but you're treated like everything you do is wrong.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, Devalued
Productive and great place to work.
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 6, 2017
Great place to work where leader empower you to learn and expand your skill sets. The culture at Allstate is great and I enjoy the work I do and the people I work with.
Great atmosphere to work in and great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 6, 2017
Everyday is a learning experience. Management is always willing to help. Everyone work together to keep the morale of each team. The environment is great.
Im sure it was the agency owner
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Odessa, FLJuly 6, 2017
I enjoyed my job and coworkers but the agency owner was cut throat to say the least. He had no compassion and was very rude to his employees that is why my time there was so limited.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
While at State Farm I had the pleasure of working for an amazing agent. Everything was explained well and we helped a lot of people with their insurance needs.
Good place to get your foot in the door
Unlicensed Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2017
Typical call center environment where everything is about meeting the numbers for the day. They do not make the customer the priority. Stressful overwhelming environment for the low pay.
Pros
Allstate discount, decent PTO and benefits
Cons
Open 24/7 including holidays. Terrible training
great work environment
Claims Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 5, 2017
In all areas I enjoyed working with Allstate. Management was very approachable and I was constantly being trained in New updates to practices or laws.
Warning - allstate yuma express claims office
team leader (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 5, 2017
Allstate is a great company to work for , if you do not have to work in the "Express" environment, which the Yuma location is. Express is nothing more than a call center. The lying, backstabbing, and manipulation that takes place within the leadership team sets the tone within the rest of the office. You will not have any opportunity for advancement unless you are one of the favorites. If the senior leadership team doesn't like you, they will find a way to get rid of you. If you are one of the leaders, you will need to live and breathe your job, work 60+ hours a week, and pretty much hand over your life to corporate America. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place. You will be glad you did.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
work/life balance, management, schedule, environment
Fun Fast-Paced environment
Resolution Specialist Call Center Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Allstate Roadside. I met some of the best people there. I always invited the hard challenges to come my way as I knew that my team and I could handle anything that was thrown at us.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, People
Cons
Change in business needs
Multi tasking , productive motivated
Producer (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAJuly 5, 2017
Every 6 months the owner added more recommendations to meet commission. I started out at $9 an hour and gave me a twenty five cent raise within a year and a half if working there. I am used to at least $35,000 as salary.
Pros
Unpaid time off when needed.
Cons
Healthcare, salary, and contentment
Great work enviroment
CUSTOMER RESOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 5, 2017
Good place to work, No micro management. The people are very friendly and co-workers believe in helping each other. Management is very friendly but you are in control of your daily routine.
Pros
You are your own boss in so many words
Cons
No room for advancement
Relaxed workplace
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 5, 2017
Relaxed work environment with frequent enrichment for employees such as birthday celebrations, bagels and coffee, etc. Medium energy level with a clear mission
Pros
understanding management, good benefits
Great Place to Work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 5, 2017
I have the best boss in the world, and I love my job here. My only complaint is that the rates for auto are so high that it is very difficult to make sales in that area, but the property policies sell themselves!
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2017
I was able to lean a lot on this project, All my team members were encouraging and helpful when needed. Great work place and employees. Loved working and learning with everyone involved.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
contract position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.