Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 3,772 reviews matching the search
Quality employment.
Trusted Advisor, LSP (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 3, 2017
Agency employees work for the individual agency. I appreciate the combination of working for a local company, while representing a national corporation.
Pros
Short commute.
Cons
Benefits depend on the agency.
Productive and fun workplace that cares about it's employees
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 3, 2017
The workplace culture at Allstate is phenomenal. They go above and beyond to recognize their employees for the work that they do and give great incentives such as bonuses for those who provide Allstate quality service. Management is competent and does not micromanage. They're there to assist if you need help with a difficult situation and to provide insight as to what the best solution would be. They also really want to develop people within the company, they're very helpful when it comes to development and give you the tools you need to succeed. However, the development process is lengthy and frustrating at times. I have known several people who have been trying to develop for years but have not gotten to where they would like to be. Sometimes it can be personal choices and work attitude that hold people back but I have seen great employees that do not receive the opportunities that they should. The most difficult part of this job would be the mental stress that comes with dealing with huge personal losses for the customer and it can be draining after a long day. The most enjoyable part of this job would be getting to interact with many different people from all walks of life and being able to help people get back to normal after a loss occurs.
Pros
Competent managers, collaborative work
Cons
Work schedule flexibility, room for advancement
Only for the BEST !
Sr Service Claims Adjuster, Cleveland /Phoenix (Former Employee) –  Arizona and OhioJuly 3, 2017
Great to be involved with great people. Need to perform at the highest levels to work with people in need. This is not a store enviorment. Its about helping people in stress and not sure what to do next. If you need to be told to follow through or your the kind of person who asks whats the minimum I need to do. You will not survive around the best of the best. If your the marine of the office.... You will love this job and the people you work with. Last of the lifetime career companies. Dont miss this opportunity.
Pros
great company to stay with the long term. If chaange is in your DNA> This is the company for you
Cons
They are in the midst of a culture change. Change must not bother you.
COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2017
Allstate is overall a great company. There is not a lot of movement to grow. The culture and work environment is great. Allstate believes in diversity and inclusion.
High Stress
Large Loss Personal Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJuly 3, 2017
As an inside (work at a desk) adjuster the work was manageable but very fast paced and non-stop. As a large loss outside (in the field) property adjuster I was expected to inspect 3-12 new claims per week, at an average of 8-10 hours each, in addition to maintaining contact and working on 30 - 60 older claims. This resulted in a minimum of 50 hours per week with an average of 60 hours per week.
Great experience
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2017
I got the opportunity to learn a lot about insurance and how the office coordinates on a daily basis. I absolutely loved working for this company, and enjoyed the work environment.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
not enough hours
Incredible culture, poor compensation
HR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2017
Allstate's people are the kindest and most genuine human beings with whom you will ever work. Allstate hires people who are fundamentally good to their very core. This place has an incredible culture that gets even better every day.

However, don't expect market leading compensation or benefits. You will likely trade a higher salary elsewhere for the better cultural experience here.
Pros
PTO Bank, Culture, Values, Mission/Purpose, Senior Leaders & Strategy
Cons
Compensation, Benefits, Long hours cancel out PTO
Stressful
Processing Support Associate III (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Allstate however there is continued worries about if your job will be shipped to India and you will no longer have a job.

Pay is decent.
Commission based, fast paced enviroment
Associate Agent (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHJune 30, 2017
I liked working here - especially because my family owned the Allstate Agency I worked at. I learned a lot about the Insurance Business and I would recommend the job to anyone.
Amazing work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
So many things to learn, management was very flexible when it came to hours. A lot of paper work/admin work but pretty easy. Great positive environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Compensation
Great work life balance
SR Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2017
Allstate is a great company to work for with balancing your work and home schedule. A few things that I have learned working across boundaries and training via WebEx with Allstate Business Partners. Our management team is always there for me and willing to listen and help me reach my desired career goals. The hardest thing for me is being unable to assist internal or external customers due to not having access to specific systems.
Pros
Great Work life balance
Cons
Work System Challenges
ITSM Office and Governance
ITSM Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 30, 2017
Driving availability, reliability and security of the IT systems is critical for Allstate Insurance. My role in leading the efforts of ITSM with Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration management enables us to ensure systems that are always on and always up.
A huge insurance company with a big machine, great campus, great colleagues
SAP Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 30, 2017
I have really enjoy my time working for Allstate. The client has been very easy to work with, and very rarely is the client interested in standing in the way of its own progress.
Good Hands
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
Like the Allstate motto goes " your in good hands" great company to work for, fun, pleasant client, very professional. Feels like family when you are working.
Pros
location, flexibility
Cons
no health care
Very nice employee atmosphere and generous compensation
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 29, 2017
The workers and management are extremely nice and encouraging. Compensation is good compared to other insurance sales companies. This branch is great to work for.
Allstate
Customer Service Rep/Sr Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2017
Started in the call center with first notice of loss claims
had an opportunity to make a lateral move to accounting with the company. Allstate is a good company for work life balance.
Learned alot about business and the need to keep up in the industry. Also became a very good trainer after optimization started with the company with moving work to Pune India.
Pros
work life balance is great
Cons
feel of the company changed after the company started optimization
Blingual Customer Service Representative
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 29, 2017
Great place to work at with the community in Racine county. Learned a lot about insurance industry. Answering telephone calls, taking payments and entering data in computer system.
productive place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 28, 2017
keep busy working claims but the culture is great. your daily duties are keeping in touch with your customers to be sure that they get the proper claim handling
Insurance sales
Licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJune 28, 2017
Making cold calls to sale property and casualty insurance. Answering current clients calls to service their policies by making requested changes and answering questions .
Allstate
Liability Determination Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2017
great company to work for
Flexible scheduling
great benefits
Great opportunities for those that are willing to relocate

. . . . . .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval