Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,663 reviews matching the search
Great working environment
Technical Engineer - IT (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 15, 2016
The IT staff that I was a member of, did a great job in supporting the finance division of the company. Proud to have been a member of that team.
Not a good place to work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 15, 2016
Allstate was a good company to work for when I first started. Now their benefits are not good, they do not seem to care about their employees and their management sucks
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Management, benefits, salary
Portfolio Management (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 14, 2016
I started my career here and enjoyed it. I did two different internships within the company. I learned a lot, worked with some great people, and had many opportunities.
very family oriented
Claims Service Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 12, 2016
they truley believed in work.life balance
management was always trying to help you further your career
They gave free continuing Ed classes for licensing
Cliques and backstabbing. Managers and office supervisor only care about the business/profits!
Claims (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 12, 2016
Training leaves little to be desired. Taught in a rush situation as the employee was moving to another position. Heard all the negative comments and warned about the job and people who work there; even told by other employees they would hate to have the job for which I was training. Claims department has cliques and back stab each other. Many employees quit due to stress, lack of compassion from the office supervisor; only interested in the profit margin and employees staying at their desk to receive phone calls. New, younger employees don't speak to you unless you are a part of their team. You accrue time off, but if you take it you get swamped with work when you return. Super stressful environment and very little respect. Your job is for Allstate's benefit only and that's all they care about. Employees that have been there for awhile only stay because they can't quit due to high cost of personal health insurance.
Pros
Newer building
Cons
Everything!
Allstate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJune 12, 2016
Allstate is the highest paying job in Pocatello, id that doesn't require a degree. The hours are not flexible but they are open 24/7 so there are multiple shift options available.
benefits
Cons
management
A job that built leadership roles and skills
Agent Services Information Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 12, 2016
Allstate has a program that everyone is a leader not can be a leader. Management allows all employees to take problems and solve them. We can voice what we can do to make things better. We are even evaluated by what leadership skills we use to make this company better.
Pros
Leadership development within, retirement pension, 401k
Cons
Health coverage, pays okay but expect to use your funding for charities and other company monthly projects
Allstate is an amazing company
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2016
I love working for Allstate. Allstate really cares about their customers and their employees. They are involved in the community and encourage their employees to do the same. Not only do they encourage but they provide the resources to their employees to be able to do it. Pay is competitive, PTO is great especially in claims.
Pros
inclusive diversity, service work, ability to change jobs without changing companies
work
Associate II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 10, 2016
When I get to work I go over my e mails that come to me over night and then I look over my task list that I made that night before to see if I need to move or change anything. and then I start plugging away

The Hardest part of the job is blocking out all the negative talk that going on. and when folks are not being honest with you.

What I enjoyed the most is helping people out.
I enjoy helping people
Claims Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2016
Being the first point of contact in a life changing, stressful situation and turning it around is what makes me love what I do.
Pros
Assing others
Cons
Not enough compensation for the extent of the issues we handle
Awesome Work Expierince
Claims Service Specialist / Total loss specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 9, 2016
Allstate is an amazing company no matter what branch you are working for. Within the company they offer great benefits. It feels like your working with family. Everyday you learn somegthing different and gain more knowledge.
Just ok
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2016
Benefits are great but salary is not that competitive in comparison to other companies. It is a very stressful work environment and they are not very consistent with their policies and procedures which can be very frustrating. They don't hire enough people leaving a huge work load and those that are there.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment
productive and very fun to work for
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
This place is very productive very knowledgeable and very fun to be at. The workers are very great people to work with and are very energetic.
A great company
Licensed Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Denville, NJJune 7, 2016
Allstate is an overall great company to work for. There are many different aspects of insurance and Allstate teaches you about them all!
nice working environment
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2016
great office to work in, however some of the older staff members were a bit rude. Overall it was not bad. management was nice and very forward, flexible hours and competitive pay.
Office Manager Challenge
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 7, 2016
A typical day was to have all technology functioning to perform a fantastic day of sell. Taking care of customer needs and staff needs all day and troubleshooting when necessary in order to meet expectations. At the en of the day will have end of day reports ready.
Management were willing to accommodate much of our needs and keep us inform of any new innovations or tactics to move forward. Co-workers were very friendly and willing to cooperate with any given task.
I enjoyed taking care of customer and meeting staff expectation.
Pros
Meeting goals and expectations
Cons
Not having full benefits
Owner Left much to be desired
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJune 7, 2016
He was a new owner and needed more experience before taking on agents. Calling leads all day and selling insurance typical for a small agency.
Licensed Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 6, 2016
This was a position for Allstate Insurance Company at Longmont Ford Dealership. Worked in a fast paced environment. Sales experience has to be strong, with only a short amount of time to speak to customers.
Pros
Foot traffic at the Dealership.
Cons
No promotions, commissions scale below industry average.
Industry leader
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 6, 2016
Allstate is a great company, offers a good work environment and provides an enriching career in the industry, especially for recent college graduates
Relaxed and fun place to work
Sales manager (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJune 5, 2016
great place to work , sales meeting on Mondays start off with breakfast and coffee a little chat before work starts then right to work , I learned a lot about people in general from being in sales management is awesome and my co-workers are great , the hardest part of the job is cold calls which becomes second nature after a while and the most enjoyable part of the job is working the sales events and holidays with the co-workers.
Pros
free lunch on fridays
Cons
short breaks