Allsup Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for.
Bilingual Medical Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 11, 2015
The atmosphere in the work place is very pleasant. The opportunity have flexibility is very pleasing. I have learned and gained several skills throughout the years.
Horrible place to work!! Micromanagement city!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Belleville, IllinoisApril 30, 2015
My life became a living nightmare! After starting to work for this awful company. I realized I made a mistake in going to work there on day one.

You were required to take a phone call every 10-15 minutes for 8 hours a day. Managers & coordinators were unhelpful & gossiped about the employees all the time. My boss was the worst of them all! They treated the employees like trash and pointed out faults all the time. They never acknowledged the good you did.

You had to follow the huge manual, which was impossible to find the answers in. You were darned if you do & darned if you don't. Calls were constantly monitored & I went into call reviews quite a bit. I know that was for quality purposes, but they were all about QUANTITY over QUALITY. Personally, my boss picked at every one of my calls & I had to prove several times I was right & it came directly from the manual.

My favorite times of the day were my morning and afternoon breaks, lunch & when it was time to go home. I always spent my breaks in my car & cried every day because of how bad management treated me. I also ate lunch in my car.

I was told I could promote to other departments, but that was a lie.

Outside of work, I became a horrible person and treated others badly. Once laid off, I had a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. I'm now back to my normal self & happy once again. Starting on my second day, to my last, I looked for a new job.

In all honesty, Allsup deserves zero stars.
Pros
No pros! Except for leaving at the end of the day.
Cons
Micromanagement, cubical/call center environment, no talking to coworkers, not enough pay for what you had to put up with
Downsizing company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 12, 2014
Allsup was a wonderful place to work in the beginning. A place I would have liked to retire from. Due to downsizing I lost my job along with 92 other individuals. It is unfortunate and I wish the best for Allsup.
Very productive workplace where appreciation for employees was great.
Supervisor - Internal Applications Development (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 30, 2014
Managed 6-12 developers to support and enhance 120 plus applications. Managed team projects using Agile team concepts. Developed project plans and timelines for multiple projects.

The management at Allsup was receptive to new ideas and extremely good to work with.

Worked with a well qualified team of developers.
Pros
allsup put great value in their employees.
MSP Compliance
MSP Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 1, 2014
Duties include specializing in Medicare Secondary Payer - MSP Compliance; MIR – Mandatory Insurer Reporting, MSA- Medicare Set Aside, Medical Cost Projections, Life Care Plans, MSPRC Conditional Lien Verification, and Lien Resolution recovery services. Focused on marketing, managing and creating new business opportunities in several State territories, within the Workers Compensation and Liability insurance market; providing Client Satisfaction, Client retention, Accountability, Education and Training
SSDI & Medicare consulting company
Senior Account Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILApril 29, 2014
Worked with some wonderful employer clients with a supportive sales team.
Micro- Managed , Stressful , run run as fast as you can .
Overpayment Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day at work is answering many calls ,very short staffed.
management loves to play the "favorite " game. Managers whom are not trained they moved up the ladder by upper management whom are their friends. Managers are intimidated when you have a higher level of education. Some managers even tell you to "dumb down " your vocabulary when speaking to claimants on the phone.

The co-workers make the job easy going , they were the only way you could get through a long , stressful day.
The hardest part is the job is not getting the recognition that is due when you do a good job, only the mistakes are pointed out. The best part of the job was when the day has ended and you are walking out
the door. Don't miss this place at all.
Pros
free food and montly incentatives
Cons
negative atmosphere
Good Company, people
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 7, 2013
Review and send paperwork to SSA and DDS. Send forms to claimants, review forms from claimants. I learned a lot about the Social Security process and how it works. I also learned how to organize better. I worked with about 30 other people in the department and got along with everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people and the flexibility.
Shrinking Company
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 28, 2013
This was a good place to work until recently when growth stopped, lay offs started, and opportunity for advancement ceased.
Pros
pleasant management
Cons
no more growth
A Company on the Decline
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 9, 2013
I worked at Allsup for several years and it was mostly great. Granted, Allsup tends to pile on about twice as much work as is humanly possible on each of their employees, the management understood they were doing this and rarely got upset when you were a week or two behind.

In the last year or two this has gone from a growth company to a shrinking company. They have not been replacing employees when they quit, and just this week they laid off 67 employees. The culture has gone from happy and optimistic to toxic.

Hopefully this round of layoffs has reduced their workforce to the point that things can turn around for them, but I probably wouldn't look to them as a potential employer for the next year or two.
Pros
good people
Cons
a lot of difficult work, company is shrinking so opportunities are limited
n/a
CUSTOMER INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 21, 2013
This was a small company and nice people to work with. I just think that the advancement was difficult unless you went to happy hours not on qualifications. It was an ok place to work I guess just not for me.
Fast growing company with many growth opportunities
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 20, 2013
Exposed to new opportunities to hone Excel skills. Worked with management team to keep department members motivated. Company is very civic minded and offers many outside activities.
Pros
excellent benefits, training opportunities
Cons
lack on consistency in management philosophy
Great Place to work
Systems Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 28, 2012
Great community, and coworkers. Gave me opportunity to learn and grow.
Fun Place To Work
Fun place to work, like my coworkers, gave me much opportunity to learn and grow.
Great entry job for new graduates.
Consumer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 24, 2012
This employer provides a great entry job for new graduates. The training is very detailed because of the governmental policies that one must learn. However, the information provided can stretch among various fields if one wishes to take another career path in the future.
Pros
great co-workers, free coffee
Cons
ot is unavailable, call center
Fast pace changing job
CIC Specialist (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 14, 2012
A typical workday includes lots of phone interaction with claimants provide status of disability cases. It's a very fast pace job that is constantly changing. I enjoy that every call is different and you never know what to expect.
Challenging job and a great way to meet people
Senior Customer Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 19, 2012
I spend the majority of my day on the phone speaking with claimants. The co-workers are great. I've made a lot of friends at the job. The job requires a lot of patience. It is nice to be able to speak with people and help.

2.4