Allsup Employee Reviews

Excellent coworkers but micromanagement
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 17, 2017
The atmosphere is not bad. The management seems to have too much time on their hands and rather than trusting the employees can get the job assigned to them done they watch over their shoulders constantly checking on them. The company's has decent pay, good PTO and decent health benefits.
Claims
Claims (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 11, 2017
No room for advancement. Your hard work and years of dedication means nothing. Great co-workers. Pay and benefits are lacking. Some supervisors were great to work for.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
poor pay, hard work and dedication not appreciated
paid well
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Comanche, TXApril 15, 2017
A typical day consists of me clocking in taking out trash, mopping floors, cleaning windows, cleaning the parking lot, rotating stock, but being such a small town after I my check list it was pretty slow. The people there were friendly and easy to work with. I just enjoy more of a fast paced job.
Pros
They paid well and the people were friendly
Cons
It was to much of a slow paced job
just had the 5th layoff...half the workforce is gone
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville ILMarch 24, 2017
This used to be a good company to work for, but there have been severe financial problems with repeated layoffs and pay cuts. Morale is very low and due to a lack of employees, everyone does all sorts of jobs not within their expertise. The service provided the disabled is very low quality, unfortuately, due to lack of funds and inability to hire knowledgeable people.
Pros
Dress down days.
Cons
employees are closely monitored and jobs are broken down into rote, boring tasks.
Great Co workers
Non-Attorney representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 16, 2017
You work with a great group of people. Everyone cares about everyone else. You are able to assist people during a difficult time in their life and that is rewarding.
Great pay
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 10, 2017
Great pay and good opportunity for advancement. The work was tedious however. Very educational about the Social Security Disability process which helps a lot in life.
Not good
Claims (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 7, 2016
Not good, benefits are not as good as the used to be. Commission benefits are going away and there is no advancement. ....................................
Productive work place but not enough work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed the work that I did for the company but all of the Intake Specialist would run out of work so quick due to all of us working on the same assignment.
Pros
snacks during work
Cons
no benefits, pto time, holiday for those under contracts
Decent workplace
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 20, 2016
I love the flexibility and being able to work independently. There are a lot of changes that take place and we work as a team which makes the job easier.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Management/Communication
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILOctober 9, 2016
The environment was very open and easy to work in. Management often had a very closed door policy when it came to asking questions that were often seen as irrelevant.
Used to be a great place to work...
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 7, 2016
Allsup used to be a fantastic place to work. There was room for growth, great incentives and they treated their employees with respect. Now that the company is not doing as well, morale is very low and no one is excited to work here anymore. Everyone is afraid of losing their job since there has already been two layoffs.
Pros
Great co-workers, decent benefits, flexible hours work schedule
Cons
Company not stable, low morale/negative work environment, job restructuring
Review for Allsup
Associate Customer Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 10, 2016
This was a typical job, working with customers on the phone. I do believe that we could have been paid for the amount of work that was done on a daily basis.
It's a job.
Social Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 22, 2016
In my opinion it's a job. I learned it's a job. Management does their job. My co-workers do their job. The hardest part of the job is the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job.
Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
Associate Customer Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 8, 2016
Worked in a call center. Sat in your cubical for your 8 hour shift. Only allowed to get up on your break and your lunch. The job itself was very stressful, and management would not back you up, or take any of the calls where claimants were out of control. I learned about the SSA and SSDI application and waiting process on getting approved or denied. There wasn't anything really enjoyable about the job, we weren't allowed to talk to our neighbors. We cameinworked,took breaks and lunch and left.
Summary
customer service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 22, 2016
Very busy atmosphere. It depends on which department you work for. Great benefits. The hardest part of the job is dealing with claimants. Some of the claimants can be difficult to talk with but they are going through a very difficult time in their lives.
Pros
great hours, and benefits
Cons
micromanagment
working with different people each day and meeting new ones was always fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aspermont, TXJanuary 13, 2016
I loved working with different people. Meeting new peop;e each day i worked. Some where very interesting and some were different it ws fun.
Not Sure
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 14, 2015
This place is great if you don't talk to the females in the office. They are catty, childish and irresponsible. The females in the office do not know how to act professional, instead they act like they are back in high school and are clickish.

Claim Representatives never give their claimants personal attention.

The hardest part of the job is not blowing up and some idiotic female in the office just for being ignorant.

I just work, stay to myself and go home. I try not to invest my feelings at the work place. I just am happy that I can be of service in helping people.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Idiotic females in the workplace that think they are all "that"
Productive and Helpful Company
Financial Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work is working together as a team to complete tasks and verify information with the Social Security Administration to verify our claimant's are being paid correctly. While we are a team and work on our own tasks, should we finish our daily work we step in to assist a team member to complete their tasks as well.
The hardest part of the job is the frustration of knowing a claimant is not being paid correctly, however it is simply a waiting games with the Social Security Administration correct their error in order for our claimant to be paid correctly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am helping someone in terms of verifying they receive their Medicare benefits and monetary monthly benefits needed to live and pay bills.
Pros
Frequent Food Days
Cons
Lack of Pay Raises
Great Company!
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Few layoffs within last year that question job security for employees but seems to be better now since hiring again and workers promoting. Typically lots of room for growth and i would recommend anyone to work there!
Leadership, telephone etiquette, fast paced environment, customer service, discipline, team building, training.
CLAIMS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 29, 2014
I enjoy working in a fast paced environment. In my career, I've learned strong customer service skills, discipline, team building, training and manage a reception desk. I've also worked as a bank teller. I have the ability to supervise groups from 10-35.