Allsup Employee Reviews

Productive work place but not enough work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed the work that I did for the company but all of the Intake Specialist would run out of work so quick due to all of us working on the same assignment.
Pros
snacks during work
Cons
no benefits, pto time, holiday for those under contracts
Decent workplace
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 20, 2016
I love the flexibility and being able to work independently. There are a lot of changes that take place and we work as a team which makes the job easier.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Management/Communication
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILOctober 9, 2016
The environment was very open and easy to work in. Management often had a very closed door policy when it came to asking questions that were often seen as irrelevant.
Save your time. Allsup won't be around by the time you read this
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AAugust 1, 2016
Constant lay-offs. They have cut around 200 people in about 2 years. Owner is more interested in talking about the glory days of when the industry was good to him 30 years ago, rather than try to be realistic and honest with his employees during his meaningless meetings. Mangement is completely clueless, it is truly the blind leading the under-trained and under-qualified. Management is handed to favorites; and one manger is as lost as the next. Sure they know the ins and outs of Social Security, but they don't know how to manage people. Management is forever the reason Allsup is the failure company it is.
Used to be a great place to work...
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 7, 2016
Allsup used to be a fantastic place to work. There was room for growth, great incentives and they treated their employees with respect. Now that the company is not doing as well, morale is very low and no one is excited to work here anymore. Everyone is afraid of losing their job since there has already been two layoffs.
Pros
Great co-workers, decent benefits, flexible hours work schedule
Cons
Company not stable, low morale/negative work environment, job restructuring
Review for Allsup
Associate Customer Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 10, 2016
This was a typical job, working with customers on the phone. I do believe that we could have been paid for the amount of work that was done on a daily basis.
It's a job.
Social Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 22, 2016
In my opinion it's a job. I learned it's a job. Management does their job. My co-workers do their job. The hardest part of the job is the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job.
Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
Associate Customer Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 8, 2016
Worked in a call center. Sat in your cubical for your 8 hour shift. Only allowed to get up on your break and your lunch. The job itself was very stressful, and management would not back you up, or take any of the calls where claimants were out of control. I learned about the SSA and SSDI application and waiting process on getting approved or denied. There wasn't anything really enjoyable about the job, we weren't allowed to talk to our neighbors. We cameinworked,took breaks and lunch and left.
Summary
customer service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 22, 2016
Very busy atmosphere. It depends on which department you work for. Great benefits. The hardest part of the job is dealing with claimants. Some of the claimants can be difficult to talk with but they are going through a very difficult time in their lives.
Pros
great hours, and benefits
Cons
micromanagment
working with different people each day and meeting new ones was always fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aspermont, TXJanuary 13, 2016
I loved working with different people. Meeting new peop;e each day i worked. Some where very interesting and some were different it ws fun.
Medical retrieval specialist (Current Employee) –  n/aDecember 11, 2015
My daily activities varied at my time with Allsup. Job duties include but are not limited to reviewing medical records, making inbound & taking outbound calls, data entry, customer service, routing faxes to correct files.
Not Sure
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 14, 2015
This place is great if you don't talk to the females in the office. They are catty, childish and irresponsible. The females in the office do not know how to act professional, instead they act like they are back in high school and are clickish.

Claim Representatives never give their claimants personal attention.

The hardest part of the job is not blowing up and some idiotic female in the office just for being ignorant.

I just work, stay to myself and go home. I try not to invest my feelings at the work place. I just am happy that I can be of service in helping people.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Idiotic females in the workplace that think they are all "that"
Productive and Helpful Company
Financial Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work is working together as a team to complete tasks and verify information with the Social Security Administration to verify our claimant's are being paid correctly. While we are a team and work on our own tasks, should we finish our daily work we step in to assist a team member to complete their tasks as well.
The hardest part of the job is the frustration of knowing a claimant is not being paid correctly, however it is simply a waiting games with the Social Security Administration correct their error in order for our claimant to be paid correctly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am helping someone in terms of verifying they receive their Medicare benefits and monetary monthly benefits needed to live and pay bills.
Pros
Frequent Food Days
Cons
Lack of Pay Raises
Great Company!
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Few layoffs within last year that question job security for employees but seems to be better now since hiring again and workers promoting. Typically lots of room for growth and i would recommend anyone to work there!
Leadership, telephone etiquette, fast paced environment, customer service, discipline, team building, training.
CLAIMS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 29, 2014
I enjoy working in a fast paced environment. In my career, I've learned strong customer service skills, discipline, team building, training and manage a reception desk. I've also worked as a bank teller. I have the ability to supervise groups from 10-35.
Enjoyed all the experience that I learned while working there.
Customer Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville ILAugust 10, 2014
Taking inbound calls, making outbound calls and scheduling for clients, taking medical updates and making sure to alert either their representative or give the proper information to SSA. Management was great and so was working with a team to complete task. The hardest part of the job was learning how to leave it at work, the most enjoyable about the job was when I was really able to help people.
Medical CLaim Specialist
Medical Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville ILJuly 7, 2014
Job was ok. Was a temp for 6 months but found full time job since they do not intend on ever hiring anyone there. As soon as I left they laid off all the other temps that was there. Supervisors were not so very nice or helpful at all. It was a good learning experience for first 3 months but then even the clients weren't as helpful with you at all. Of course you are never treated like the regular workers cause your only a temp you are just there for the body work. Plus it got really frustrating going after these medical facilities to get help in obtaining records for those people that are trying to get their social security disability. Very disappointing job. Don't ever apply for this position.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No advancement no plan to hire anyone for this position
Dont do it
Disability Evaluation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 17, 2014
over worked, little pay, short breaks and lunches, stay away
Very Business Oriented
Business Intern, Allsup Business Internship (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 1, 2014
A typical day was anywhere from 3-6 hours. I learned great business and organizational skills, also presentation skills. My co-workers were average on some days and great on others. The hardest part of the job was getting so much done within a short time period, but i still got the job done. The best part of the job was seeing the end result of all my hard work!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
n/a
Disability Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 30, 2014
I talked to claimant daily about their day to day struggles dealing with their disabilities.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allsup. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8