Alltech Employee Reviews

Alltech Algae was a good place to work at
Team Leader of Dryer, Fermentation operator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYJune 6, 2017
Alltech Algae was a good place to work for. You learned new process every day, about the product we were growing and how to make the product and process better.
This is a great secluded environment
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMApril 24, 2017
Not only does alltech make great products they care about every part of a family connected to the employee that works for them. It is a safe efficient place to work with great incentive and a caring atmosphere. Proud to of worked there.
Pros
The company and its policies
Cons
the locations are very widespread and scarce
Learning experience
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJJanuary 26, 2017
● Set- up brand new copy machines for delivery
● Make deliveries of Sharp and Lexmark copiers to New York and New Jersey
● Maintain receiving department clean
● Ensure all machines whether new or refurbished are clean and ready for shipping
● Help the technicians set up new machines and refurbish older models
Pros
Mechanical work
Cons
Productive, fast pace company with a good work ethic
Electrician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ulysses, KSNovember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Alltech. I woke up everyday at 5:30 and drove about one hour to the job site. I worked digging holes and cleaning holes out, laying out conduit, and getting tools where they needed to go. The sites out at the oil fields were very hot. The average temperature was 98 degrees with humidity. I learned a lot about electrician work and oil fields. I attained certification in H2S gas while there. The management was very good and nice. My co-workers were all very productive and reasonable. The hardest part of the job was the heat but my favorite part was being able to learn all about the oilfield industry in person.
Pros
Good salary, Good hours
Cons
hot weather
Good job with a great manager.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYNovember 1, 2016
Good job. Compensation is very low for the wide range of responsibilities and expectations. For being top in the industry, pay needs to be higher.
Pros
Fairly relaxed environment. I have a good boss. Owner is actively engaged in company.
Cons
Responsibilities don't match the compensation
Work employees with guaranteed over time poor work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJune 13, 2016
Typical day things are disorganized, management does not tell the truth regarding vendors, supplies. There is a good challenge is this work if you didn't feel that one was on the chopping block or frustration with management backing.
What I learned, that honesty is a very valuable commodity which is lacking.
My co-workers felt the same frustrations that I have felt. Co-workers were good to be around, felt a sense of comraderie.
Management is always working to keep their bonus while not providing the most up-to-date equipment.
Hardest part, trying to make sense of it all.
Enjoyable part is when you encounter a problem and are able to work out a solution.
Pros
Co-workers, decent pay, vacation days
Cons
healthcare, 401(k), Upper management
A good place to work
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  clovis, NMMay 28, 2016
A good place to work, with friendly staff, and customers. as well as a steady work place with plenty of room to grow. Also a very attractive office and grounds.
Productive and Friendly Work Environment
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYMarch 20, 2016
Co-workers are always friendly and available if there are any questions or concerns. The atmosphere is what one makes of it, the opportunity for quiet as well as happy companionship is available depending upon the office space and of whom one shares it with (if shared at all).
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, good pay, challenging
Cons
Material can be confusing, time crunches and short deadlines, requires some degree of patience
All about Production not Personnel
Line operator, bagging, stacking (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYNovember 9, 2015
A very undesirable place to work. Wages vs. Working conditions don't stack up. Not a bad job for a single person. They shoud provide free car washes, The ingredients they use will ruin your car...
Pros
Large Corporation
Cons
Extreme physical work
Boring
Career Development Program (Former Employee) –  Lexington KentuckyOctober 12, 2015
Very Unorganized company. Times you will be required to live in your car, not come home for the holidays. Not much care for employees under country managers.
Pros
International Experience
Cons
Unorganized, Lack of communication

Want to know more about Alltech?

Ask a question
A great place to gain valuable experience.
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 1, 2015
All tech is a great place for people starting out in the Machining field to gain valuable experience. It is a production based shop so things move rather quickly. Overall, not a bad place to work.
QA Lab- poor
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville KYNovember 1, 2014
The QA staff were underpaid and had little opportunity for advancement.
GLOBAL MARKETING & PARTNER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYMay 8, 2014
Alltech is the right place to gain experience in international marketing, sales processes and sales support, client relations and branding. Six years of very hard work and long hours with numerous opportunities to learn, increase and polish overall marketing and project management skills.

The most enjoyable part of my time at Alltech was learning and applying new knowledge. There was room to test strategies and identify successes and failures which was crucial as I built my knowledge base in marketing, branding and sales support as well client and sponsorship management.

We had a young team of marketing professionals with a long list of difficult and large scale projects. I was constantly faced with extremely challenging situations and projects from a very young age. I worked on major projects without previous experience such as international lecture tours, sales and key account meetings and presentations as well as major client negotiations around the globe.

While stressful at times, the opportunities I had at Alltech have proven to be second to none.
Pros
Numerous opportunities for grorwth and professional development
Cons
Extensive travel (I don't mind travel, but a good balance is key).
Research Intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 27, 2014
I was a summer intern and worked with molecular imprinted polymers (MIPs).
Rewarding termporary assignments during a disaster.
Disaster Housing Inspector (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 28, 2014
Working 7 days a week, 16 hours a day, during a disaster away from home is challenging. The rewards helping other people and the compensation received out-weigh the difficulties. This type of work does not allow for compensation year round, as you are only paid during times of disaster when deployed.
Pros
Great compensation for the work done and rewarding helping others when faced with a traumatic event.
Cons
Long work hours, long periods of down-time without compensation and working away from home.
A demanding job that had its rewards
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHJanuary 30, 2014
As an owner and employee, we were bought up after reaching 1 million revenue in 2 years or so. Good people all around there
Pros
work week freedom and great co workers
Cons
still a very small company as it was growing before being bought
All around great
Scientific Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 28, 2013
All the employees are friendly and helpful. The work is both interesting and has the possibility of real world application. Definitely recommend them as an employer.
Pros
Gorgeous lunch room, great coworkers, good managers
a staffing agency for hazwoper techs
technician (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAApril 16, 2013
a staffing agency for hazwoper techs. there was never steady work
Alltech Global Animal Health Company
Territory Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 28, 2013
I enjoyed my 5 years with Alltech. I learned a lot about agriculture and the team work atmosphere encourages managers to value creativity from everyone on the team. There is lots of opportunity with this company. However, the negatives include a severely unbalanced work/life combination. It seems to advance within the company employees must give up their personal lives. Few working mothers are successful at this company. Recruitment efforts target singles fresh out of college. Few women are in management positions. The big wigs of the company are mostly married men with stay at home wives. With advancement comes less and less job security
Pros
good benefits, great resume builder
Cons
stress, poor ethics
Great people and great company!
Brewery Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 16, 2013
Algae plant and brewery are full of great management and staff.