Alltel Employee Reviews

Great company
Wireless Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJune 15, 2017
I liked working here. They provide a great pay and good benefits to every one. IT can be emotionally hard due to angry customers at times...other than stress, its a good company
friendly environment
Plant Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 14, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with fellow employees in various departments. Unfortunately I was hired as a temporary employee and was not hired full time.
traveling sales rep
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2017
I would train the employees at walmart in the electronics about our pre paid phones and our different phones with no contract. explain to the customers and associates about our prices per minute and data charges
Pros
great job
Cons
trainging the associates was fun
Good Company however, now part of Verizon Wirless.
Business Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 9, 2017
Company was purchased by Verizon Wireless, company no longer in business. Working for ALLTEL was a exciting and challenging, however, the wireless market is still experiencing changes.
Disinterested in the employees they acquired
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
When they acquired the headquarters of 360 Communications in 2000, Alltel didn't seem to be too concerned about anyone's future except some upper management personnel. The majority of the Chicago staff was terminated and the severance packages could have been much better overall especially for the long-term employees.
Cons
Loss of experienced, long-term Chicago staff
Nice
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 2, 2017
This was a great company to work for but it was sold to a different provider and then everything changed. I could not work for the new company and therefore I left.
Well paid but poorly managed
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 2, 2017
This is a company that focused more on the bottom line than on the customers they were providing a service for. The job was not hard and I had excellent co-workers and supervision. Management could use some improvement.
Professional place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlJune 2, 2017
Enjoyed working in a professional environement and enjoyed making the customers happy. Enjoyed all the customer training I received to help me provide better customer service.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a
Very interesting.
Business Analyst/Print Back Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2017
Ran daily production jobs to aide in generating updated banking and savings accounts. Working with programming staff to resolve aborted jobs after production.
Retail Sales Associate
Retail Salesman (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 31, 2017
This job for me was temporary as I was seeking to return to education. I worked in a fast-paced environment where there was little concern for employees. Selling was paramount while customer service took a proverbial back seat.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
Retail hours, inexperienced mangement
wireless fun
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAMay 30, 2017
this job was fun in the beginning... great coworkers and management.. unfortunately they sold out to ATT and are no longer in business within my area. I
Corporate Telecommunications Company
Base Senior Pilot, Citation II, V, VI (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 28, 2017
Although it was a very high quality job, this company is no longer in existence. It operated as a regional phone company in small to medium sized markets in thirty states.
Loved working here
Administrative Staff Assistant, Windstream (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 25, 2017
awesome place to work, loved the people and the management....would still work there if the company would not have merged with Windstream....wonderful
Pros
environment
Sr. Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 19, 2017
This business has been bought out by Verizon Wireless and is no longer open at all and has been shut down for years. I liked working at Alltel however is was always fun.
Good culture.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 18, 2017
The original company was purchased by Verizon. The current Alltel is a new company so I can't speak to it. Several people did return to resurrect it, but I have not been in touch with them.
Pros
Employee - centric.
Cons
Based out of Little Rock, Ar.
Good place to work with competent employees and relaxed but demanding management.
Database Manager II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
Able to make my own hours as long as work completed; generally arrived and left early. Learned a lot about Oracle and management styles. Relaxed atmosphere, but we all knew what was expected. Enjoyed the freedom to pursue my interests in the fine points of Oracle even if not precisely relevant to expectations.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours, nice working environment, not overly demanding.
Cons
Expectations not always clear, uncertainty of company continuity.
Great environment
Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2017
This was not just a job. In addition to getting the work done management was interested in the people that worked for them. Excellent motivation to excel in what you do.
Pros
Great management
Job Responsibility
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 16, 2017
• Assisted existing as well as new customers in the purchase and selection of services and products.
• Processed customer bill payments effectively and answered basic questions regarding customer service.
• Communicated with customers effectively providing them information regarding products, services, equipment usage, billing procedures and feature functionality.
• Made outbound calls for prospect opportunities and customer follow-up.
Alltel-closed
Supervisor of Sales and Distribution-Big Box (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2017
Alltell was a good company that Verizon took over. They were community loving and had excellent family life balance. Their culture was that of structure and integrity.
very productive
friendly atmosphere
great explanation of work
very friendly
happy work environment
Pros
great team building
Cons
poor communications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alltel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2