Alltel Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environmnt
Workforce Management/RM -Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2016
A typical work day consisted of reforcasting service level, and handle time for 9 centers. I learned how to monitor the call center call volume, as well as staffing. Management was a great help with training and understanding the job. My co workers were great, we all worked very closely. The hardest part of the job was explaining why we didn't make service level the day before. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting our service level goals.
Pros
Great environment, culture, and benefits
Cons
Were bought out by Verizon
Challenging, but enjoyable
Indirect Agent Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 21, 2016
Every day was quite different, got a chance to use my creativity
often. Enjoyed working the outside agents and helping to implement new ways to increase income. Management was good to work for and treated everyone very fair. Enjoyed my co-workers most of the time, Hardest part of job was leaving my position when I wanted to advance in the company. I enjoyed working with the management team who was very supportive.
Pros
Company sponssored functions for the employees
Co-worker's were great.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed my job and my co-workers. Sometimes it was tough when people would contact us stating they were having a hard time making there payment, but still needed their phones. Some people were angry, some were crying, etc. so it was tough at times. I did again enjoy my co-workers.
I didn't not enjoy their regulations of being 1 minute late of signing in from a break. They had a process of breaks there that I felt was childish. You sign off at a time and sign in 15 minutes later. One minute late you get a check mark by your name. Accumulate 9 check marks you were fired. Needless to say I made it a point to come back early to avoid the check marks.
Pros
Co-workers were great and enjoyable to work beside
Cons
Their process for breaks was childish. Accumulate 9 check marks you were fired. We are adults.
Fast Paced Retail
Sales Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 21, 2016
This is a retail environment that will allow for two options. You can opt to just get by and fit in to the crowds and that is ok with Walmart. The other option is to work hard and achieve everything you have the aptitude to achieve. It then becomes hard work but there is a reward at the end of the tunnel.
The strength of this company is their managers
Senior Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GA 31313February 10, 2016
They are picky about who they promote to management. They all have strong sales background and are fair minded people, and personable. We knew regional managers on a first name basis. This company may lack presence in their respective industry, but they operate in an environment of constructive scrutiny and they see solutions with an eye toward employee development, which will either grow them as a company, or at least grow the employees who work for them.
Pros
creative sales goal contests
Cons
relatively inferior product
Great company
Bilingual Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 11, 2016
My experience with this company was a great oe, where I got the chance to learn so much about technology, people, customer services. One of the things i loved the most was working with a team of professionals that were always willing to help when needed.
great enviroment to work in
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 30, 2016
employees were like family, learned dispatching, time keeping, small amount of engineering, worked closely with out side plant techs.
Pros
company was customer orientated
Cons
alltel transformed into Windstream
First Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2016
This was the first job that I had. I started entry level within the first six months I was promoted to assistant manager. There I learned how to manage a team, manage a small business.
Pros
First Job
Cons
No Money
High stressed call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 16, 2016
A typical day micro managed. I learned to never work in call center again. The best part of the day was leaving. Co workers were great.
benefits
Cons
Micro management
Very oriented in providing incentives to employees
Admin (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 1, 2016
The Cell phone industry, believes in recognition. They put a tremendous amount of money in providing both monetary rewards as well as various types of Certificates and Trophies.
Fun workplace. Was able to interact with customers on a daily basis. Had an uncapped commission potential.
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 2, 2015
Alltel was fun and challenging. I was able to sell and attend to customers' needs by answering questions about their accounts and taking payments. I used my fluent Spanish on a daily basis. I also enjoyed learning to work with mobile devices.
Pros
Commission, customer service, new technology
it was a good job to grow with but was never understanding with family life and problems.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
I loved my job i had with Alltel but the management was not never understanding with single parents with kids...I lost my job because my son whom was an infant at the time kept being hospitialized for his asthma and my supervisor told me because my son is sick they are going to have to let me go. Inconsiderate company to work for.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
not understanding about famuly and kids
Awesome Experience
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 12, 2016
Working at Alltel taught me discipline, and great management skills. It talk me how to promote teamwork for the success of the business. It helped with my customer service and communication skills.
acquired by Verizon
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 19, 2016
Retails sales is fun and rewarding. Management schedule was fixed but the reps schedule varied. If Alltel didn't sell to Verizon i would still be there today.
Alltell managment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2016
This company is no longer in business. They were great while they were in business. I wish they were still an option to work for.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no time for family life
management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed sports authority I was young and I learned a lot. just had issue with getting proper leadership in certain departments.
Pros
busy work
Cons
reatail life
Great team work and positive enviroment.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 14, 2015
Accurately and consistently addressed client questions and issues combined with data entry. Addressed payment issues, developed payment plans and received payments on customer accounts. Reviewed client accounts and offered alternative plans to maximize customer satisfaction.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Irate customers.
N/a
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 19, 2016
Alltel is no longer around, merged with Verizon Wireless several years back. It was fun company to work for back in those days.
Great people to work with
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 23, 2015
The people & store in which I worked were wonderful. Always a good time. However our cellular service in the area was not quite up to par when we launched the products so we often got complaints. Which would make for stressful times. It did however improve greatly. We did a lot of fun things at the store for our customers to show them our appreciation: pizza day, doughnuts & coffee day ect..
Long hours excepted
SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 3, 2016
You were excepted to work really long hours, but the pay is good. The company was incredibly stable. The insurance was really good!
Pros
Great health insurance

4.2