Alltel Employee Reviews

Fun talking with people from all over the country
Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARSeptember 8, 2017
Put on headset and start working trouble tickets, very loud environment - management was mostly women that based decisions on their emotions not work ethics
It was a loud gossip/back stabbing/higher paid workers treated lowed paid workers with disdain.
Talking to customers
Pros
Good pay
Cons
too much gossip and backstabbing
Retention Specialist [Assistant Manager] (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 6, 2017
A typical day was not getting a typical customer. Customers wanted or needed to cancel service for an array of reasons so one day can be very pleasant while other you could be yelled at on a continues basis.

I learned the meaning of patience, compassion, empathy, and loyalty.You get a feel for people's frustrations, troubles, hardships and not just because of their phone plan, of service but because they explain why this expenditure is being sacrificed for something grater in their lives.

You also have those moments of gratitude because families could connect better accross the globe or even in the Lower 48 much simpler.

Management was well structured and supportive and provided us with so many tools and resources to retain customers and it was very gratifying to know we had that support.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Company merged with Verizon
Was a great place to work went out of business
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 29, 2017
The compensation was fair it was a great place to work too bad it went out of business when Verizon wireless bought them. They also provided great health care insurance
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
A lot of stress towards the end
Typical Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2017
Alltel was a typical call center job. Nothing too fancy and nothing that would make you hate it either. The people were pretty friendly and it felt like I had a mini family. Advancement was difficult because it seemed like a small club of friends.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
Cliques
Compensation plan was pretty good
Area Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAAugust 17, 2017
Pay was great and I thoroughly enjoyed my job. When my position was extinguished and I was surplussed, I was very sad. I worked very well with all 5 of the stores in my district.
Nice work environment
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2017
very nice work environment, loved the team, team moral was good, supervisor was very understanding and a hard worker, benefits were good and universal
Much growth and opportunity
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 10, 2017
Many years of steady growth and opportunity for those willing to work diligently and remain positive through much change. Positive culture and employee care.
Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 9, 2017
Great company but they ended up selling to Verizon. Great commission structure and had opportunity to make money. They did have some quirky expectations like yoy had to shake every customer's hand even if they did some gross things.
Pros
Cell plans and phone's, wages
Cons
Some rules
Productive work enviorment.
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2017
Enjoyed working with Verizon/Alltel. Management knew what their employees were doing and gave support when needed. Most managers were hands off as long as you got your work completed. Training was great...on line courses and external training.
About Alltel Wireless Call Center
Customer Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZAugust 1, 2017
Alltel was acquired by Veirzon Wireless, so I don't think this is very relevant anymore, but it was a great job. The culture was freindly and supportive of on another.
Pros
good pay, good environment, good hours and support.
Great company, but no longer in business
Analyst I - Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 26, 2017
I loved working for Alltel. Most fun I have had at any job. Very rewarding place to work. It was a very sad day that they announced the acquisition by Verizon.
Small Company with big Pay
Senior sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 22, 2017
It was a tight niche environment, slow paced, small wireless company providing service for mainly the rural areas, acquired by Verizon in 2008, it was fun.
Enjoyed Auditing
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed going to each store and assisting with inventory issues that may come up and they weren't sure what to do.

I enjoyed working independently as well as with others
Pros
Lunch on the road
Cons
Lunch on the road
Good Opportunity
Sales/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 16, 2017
I enjoyed being able to sharpen my management skills with a smaller staff at a new store in 2008. The worse issue was at times the store owner would bounce employee checks on payday.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
It clossed years ago
Fun workplace and solid management
Technical support Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 12, 2017
Sitting on a phone all day isn't the perfect scenario for anyone. However, Altel made the best of our day. Job security was low since they were purchased by Verizon.
blank
blank (Former Employee) –  blankJuly 5, 2017
The minimum on the particular block is one hundred and fifty characters. So here it goes.... Typing words, typing words. Looks like about one more sentence will fit.
Working in a retail location is awful
Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2017
I had no sales experience when I got this job. I had just come from being the office admin at my husbands business. You wait for customers to come in so you can sell them something. I did not like how they pushed us to get people to sign up for bigger plans and push accessories. There was no benefit for which phone they purchased only plans.

Every month they seemed to change the commissions so that you never knew from month to month what you were going to get paid
Cons
Late hours and lots of weekend work
ok
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 26, 2017
always an opportunity at this call center with so many campaigns within the company anyone can work here with great pay and hours with the right amount of work
Best job I ever had!!!!
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 22, 2017
Always something to do
All kind of customer service and billing queations.
Great people always willing to answer questions and help employees to build skills.
Team work made every job enjoyable.
Sometime not being able to give the customer what they wanted.
Always contest to keep staff on their toes.
Pros
Office contests, Pot luck lunches.
good place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2017
Questions are valued over answers, Ideas come from a divergent sources, Learning is personalized by a variety of criteria,Learning habits are constantly modeled...