Alltel Employee Reviews

First Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2016
This was the first job that I had. I started entry level within the first six months I was promoted to assistant manager. There I learned how to manage a team, manage a small business.
Pros
First Job
Cons
No Money
High stressed call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 16, 2016
A typical day micro managed. I learned to never work in call center again. The best part of the day was leaving. Co workers were great.
benefits
Cons
Micro management
closure
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 29, 2016
sold out to verizon, this company is no longer around. i enjoyed my time there and learned valuable management skills i could use in the future
The strength of this company is their managers
Senior Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GA 31313February 10, 2016
They are picky about who they promote to management. They all have strong sales background and are fair minded people, and personable. We knew regional managers on a first name basis. This company may lack presence in their respective industry, but they operate in an environment of constructive scrutiny and they see solutions with an eye toward employee development, which will either grow them as a company, or at least grow the employees who work for them.
Pros
creative sales goal contests
Cons
relatively inferior product
management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed sports authority I was young and I learned a lot. just had issue with getting proper leadership in certain departments.
Pros
busy work
Cons
reatail life
great enviroment to work in
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 30, 2016
employees were like family, learned dispatching, time keeping, small amount of engineering, worked closely with out side plant techs.
Pros
company was customer orientated
Cons
alltel transformed into Windstream
Very oriented in providing incentives to employees
Admin (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 1, 2016
The Cell phone industry, believes in recognition. They put a tremendous amount of money in providing both monetary rewards as well as various types of Certificates and Trophies.
Alltell managment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2016
This company is no longer in business. They were great while they were in business. I wish they were still an option to work for.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no time for family life
acquired by Verizon
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 19, 2016
Retails sales is fun and rewarding. Management schedule was fixed but the reps schedule varied. If Alltel didn't sell to Verizon i would still be there today.
N/a
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 19, 2016
Alltel is no longer around, merged with Verizon Wireless several years back. It was fun company to work for back in those days.

Want to know more about Alltel?

Ask a question
Awesome Experience
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 12, 2016
Working at Alltel taught me discipline, and great management skills. It talk me how to promote teamwork for the success of the business. It helped with my customer service and communication skills.
Fun workplace. Was able to interact with customers on a daily basis. Had an uncapped commission potential.
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 2, 2015
Alltel was fun and challenging. I was able to sell and attend to customers' needs by answering questions about their accounts and taking payments. I used my fluent Spanish on a daily basis. I also enjoyed learning to work with mobile devices.
Pros
Commission, customer service, new technology
it was a good job to grow with but was never understanding with family life and problems.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
I loved my job i had with Alltel but the management was not never understanding with single parents with kids...I lost my job because my son whom was an infant at the time kept being hospitialized for his asthma and my supervisor told me because my son is sick they are going to have to let me go. Inconsiderate company to work for.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
not understanding about famuly and kids
Great team work and positive enviroment.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 14, 2015
Accurately and consistently addressed client questions and issues combined with data entry. Addressed payment issues, developed payment plans and received payments on customer accounts. Reviewed client accounts and offered alternative plans to maximize customer satisfaction.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Irate customers.
Great people to work with
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 23, 2015
The people & store in which I worked were wonderful. Always a good time. However our cellular service in the area was not quite up to par when we launched the products so we often got complaints. Which would make for stressful times. It did however improve greatly. We did a lot of fun things at the store for our customers to show them our appreciation: pizza day, doughnuts & coffee day ect..
Long hours excepted
SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 3, 2016
You were excepted to work really long hours, but the pay is good. The company was incredibly stable. The insurance was really good!
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Great place to learn and grow
Outside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  little rock, arSeptember 22, 2015
This was a Cinderella story for me. I was a little country girl from Arkadelphia who became the #1 Sales Rep in the nation. I started at Wal-mart and ended up at Corporate. Trips , incentives etc. First Airplane experience ever and first time to take multiple trips around the world. This job cultured me and taught me that hard work and dedication has Rewards. I was hooked in sales.
Pros
great experience
Cons
greatest pay during the greatest time.
Service desk / Lan Administrator
LAN Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2015
Started as Service desk analyst and promoted to LAN administer.
Provided internal customers solutions to pc issues then progressed to doing LAN administration functions. Creating, modifying and disabling ID/s. Creating printer queues and moving network printers on the network by clearing MAC addresses utilizing HP Jet Direct.
Built servers based on customer specifications.
Implemented SNMP tool to monitor server parameters.
Responsible for back up and restore of network servers / file structures.

Management was very supportive.

Coworkers were also supportive.

Hardest part of the job: maintenance windows.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the fellowship with coworkers.
Pros
Excellent support.
Cons
Lack of training funds.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
Meeting with crews, go out to job site. Management was good. Co-workers a bit back stabbing. There was no reward if you did well.
Pros
good Team
Cons
Worked alone
Awesome
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 27, 2015
Alltel was a family oriented environment where you enjoyed your customers. When problems surfaced, there was always a fix for it. Management was always in a high turn over rate, but the managers were friendly. They cared about your situation and if you had children they actually cared about your home life. Alltel rocked and I wish they had never sold the company to AT&T.
Pros
Awesome environment
Cons
It sold to AT&T

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alltel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2