Alltel Employee Reviews

Good Opportunity
Sales/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 16, 2017
I enjoyed being able to sharpen my management skills with a smaller staff at a new store in 2008. The worse issue was at times the store owner would bounce employee checks on payday.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
It clossed years ago
Fun workplace and solid management
Technical support Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 12, 2017
Sitting on a phone all day isn't the perfect scenario for anyone. However, Altel made the best of our day. Job security was low since they were purchased by Verizon.
blank
blank (Former Employee) –  blankJuly 5, 2017
The minimum on the particular block is one hundred and fifty characters. So here it goes.... Typing words, typing words. Looks like about one more sentence will fit.
Working in a retail location is awful
Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2017
I had no sales experience when I got this job. I had just come from being the office admin at my husbands business. You wait for customers to come in so you can sell them something. I did not like how they pushed us to get people to sign up for bigger plans and push accessories. There was no benefit for which phone they purchased only plans.

Every month they seemed to change the commissions so that you never knew from month to month what you were going to get paid
Cons
Late hours and lots of weekend work
ok
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 26, 2017
always an opportunity at this call center with so many campaigns within the company anyone can work here with great pay and hours with the right amount of work
Best job I ever had!!!!
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 22, 2017
Always something to do
All kind of customer service and billing queations.
Great people always willing to answer questions and help employees to build skills.
Team work made every job enjoyable.
Sometime not being able to give the customer what they wanted.
Always contest to keep staff on their toes.
Pros
Office contests, Pot luck lunches.
good place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2017
Questions are valued over answers, Ideas come from a divergent sources, Learning is personalized by a variety of criteria,Learning habits are constantly modeled...
Great company
Wireless Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJune 15, 2017
I liked working here. They provide a great pay and good benefits to every one. IT can be emotionally hard due to angry customers at times...other than stress, its a good company
friendly environment
Plant Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 14, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with fellow employees in various departments. Unfortunately I was hired as a temporary employee and was not hired full time.
traveling sales rep
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2017
I would train the employees at walmart in the electronics about our pre paid phones and our different phones with no contract. explain to the customers and associates about our prices per minute and data charges
Pros
great job
Cons
trainging the associates was fun
Good Company however, now part of Verizon Wirless.
Business Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 9, 2017
Company was purchased by Verizon Wireless, company no longer in business. Working for ALLTEL was a exciting and challenging, however, the wireless market is still experiencing changes.
Disinterested in the employees they acquired
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
When they acquired the headquarters of 360 Communications in 2000, Alltel didn't seem to be too concerned about anyone's future except some upper management personnel. The majority of the Chicago staff was terminated and the severance packages could have been much better overall especially for the long-term employees.
Cons
Loss of experienced, long-term Chicago staff
Nice
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 2, 2017
This was a great company to work for but it was sold to a different provider and then everything changed. I could not work for the new company and therefore I left.
Well paid but poorly managed
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 2, 2017
This is a company that focused more on the bottom line than on the customers they were providing a service for. The job was not hard and I had excellent co-workers and supervision. Management could use some improvement.
Professional place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlJune 2, 2017
Enjoyed working in a professional environement and enjoyed making the customers happy. Enjoyed all the customer training I received to help me provide better customer service.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a
Very interesting.
Business Analyst/Print Back Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2017
Ran daily production jobs to aide in generating updated banking and savings accounts. Working with programming staff to resolve aborted jobs after production.
Retail Sales Associate
Retail Salesman (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 31, 2017
This job for me was temporary as I was seeking to return to education. I worked in a fast-paced environment where there was little concern for employees. Selling was paramount while customer service took a proverbial back seat.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
Retail hours, inexperienced mangement
wireless fun
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAMay 30, 2017
this job was fun in the beginning... great coworkers and management.. unfortunately they sold out to ATT and are no longer in business within my area. I
Corporate Telecommunications Company
Base Senior Pilot, Citation II, V, VI (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 28, 2017
Although it was a very high quality job, this company is no longer in existence. It operated as a regional phone company in small to medium sized markets in thirty states.
Loved working here
Administrative Staff Assistant, Windstream (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 25, 2017
awesome place to work, loved the people and the management....would still work there if the company would not have merged with Windstream....wonderful
Pros
environment