Alltel

Alltel Employee Reviews

Great company
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), F.LDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great company
Great products, upper management is great to work with ! The company cares about you.
Every day was different
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2014
Pros: management was very considerate of our personal lives
Cons: staffing problems and resulting overtime
A typical day at work would involve learning as much as I possibly could about every customer that I came into contact with as quickly as possible in order to make successful recommendations to them. I – more... learned to listen very quickly, and to make any questions I ask to be open ended and to the point. My coworkers at Alltel were like family, we took care of each other, helped each other out and shared sales tips that worked for us.
The most difficult part of the job was facing angry customers in a situation that I had no control over. We did our best to resolve all issues, but occasionally you will see the customer that likes to throw things or make threats. You must know how to handle this type of situation in order to prevent accelerations.
The best part of the company was closing sales and watching my commission check going up. – less
Great benefits and co-workers
IT Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 20, 2014
Overall good company. Loved traveling outside the office. It helped break up the sometimes long days.
very great
Customer Service (Former Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 16, 2014
alltel was one of my favorite companies to work for they made all of their employees feel like a part of the family they offered everything necessary for use to be able to balance work an our home lives
Alltel
Sales, Customer Service, Billing, Inventory (Current Employee), Fitzgerald GaDecember 9, 2014
I have been happy at Alltel until the past 2years. My pay has declined since the pay structure has changed with the ATT buy out. On a whole I love working for this company.

I started out as parttime in – more... July 2007 and by Feb. 2008 I quit my job at the high school and began working with Alltel as a fulltime sales rep.

I made Senior Wireless Rep. within the first 6 months of being full time. I always met or exceeded my quota. I take pride in my job and since I live here in Fitzgerald, I consider my customers to be family.

For the past seven years I have opened and closed the store, checked in inventory, took money to and from the bank and when the alarm goes off, I get the call from the local police as well as the alarm company.

I never take time off unless its vacation or days off, I have only been off for sick time 15 days in seven years. – less
Sales/Management
Management/Sales (Former Employee), All over ArkansasDecember 1, 2014
Too long to really review. Great company, however at times you are still a number. It all depends on the manager you have above you.
alltel
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCNovember 25, 2014
no longer in business, verizon bought it out. But it is considered a sister company since they worked off the same towers.
No coment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 22, 2014
Altel was a great company. hate that they sold the company and the break up there after.
outside Senior Sales Representative B2B (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: they closed
Alltel allotted me the opportunity to shine. They trained you well, while allowing you to make decision with little or no supervision.
this company gave you the tools you need to do your job and do it well.
Very fun and laid back enviroment.
Daily Rating Representative (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHNovember 13, 2014
Pros: annual bonus, free luncheons, fun work place.
Cons: sometimes very heavy workload.
I definetly enjoyed my time working for Alltel. Work load was heavy, but the enviroment was fun. My collegues were like family. The compensation was good, and the annual bonuses were a plus!
Sr. Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 23, 2014
Alltel Wireless Alltel Wireless Alltel Wireless Alltel Wireless Alltel Wireless Alltel Wireless Alltel Wireless Alltel Wireless Alltel Wireless
sales associate (Former Employee), Columbia SCOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work. Fast pace. Employee training is in depth and positive.
Company no longer exists
Senior Clerk Accounting/Report Specialist/Auditor (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 10, 2014
ALLTEL was bought out by Verizon several years back so I don't see a need to complete a review but I cannot skip this form so I am putting something in here.
Great Job
Assistant Store Manager, Floater (Current Employee), Anderson, SCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedule
I loved Alltel. Great company with great benefits. Upper management seems to really care about you as a person. Very busy days so tends to go by fast.
alltel
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2014
Mediocre people. no room for advancement. Management was good but operated with very little enthusiasiam
Very productive and exciting with game room and positive feedback.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, SALES (Former Employee), Maumee, OHOctober 6, 2014
I loved working for Alltel. The managers and supervisors were very nice and appreciative of hard work. They provided both positive feedback when good things were happening, and also constructive criticism – more... when things needed to be changed. This company offered great incentives to challenge employees and get them to put their best foot forward. If this company still existed in my area, I would still be there, but more than likely in a new, higher position. There were always opportunities to advance from within. – less
Overall great job to allow independent progress and out of the box thinking.
Retail Area Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), Marion, ILOctober 1, 2014
Great company for all levels of management. They were very supportive and allowed myself and my market to thrive.
Work
SALES MANAGER RUSSELL CELLULAR (Former Employee), West Plains, MOSeptember 20, 2014
a typical day at work - Sales
what you learned - Technology
management - None
your co-workers - Mess
the hardest part of the job - none
the most enjoyable part of the job - none
If you like sales it is the job for you.
Customer Service and Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: lot's of incentives, free lunches, and they allow you to demo new phones (no charge). commission and end of year bonus's are great!
Cons: to make quota you must be prepaired to work alot. little time for vacation or days off, breaks and lunch ar rather unheard of.
I had a wonderful work experience at Alltel. Good pay, good people from the top down. If you have a good work ethic you will be very happy and successful and financially rewarded. There was never a dull moment and learning curve is constant.
fun workplace, selling telecommuncations, meeing new clients
Sr. Acct. Manager/Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, building my business, making lots of money
Cons: when customers turn your offers down
-Ability to prioritize and handle fast paced environment
-Developing and maintaining relationships with customers
-Awarded President’s Circle in 1999

About Alltel

Alltel is a customer-focused communications company with more than 15 million customers in 36 states and nearly $10 billion in – Read more

Alltel Salaries