Alltel Employee Reviews in United States

Company procured by Verizon Wireless
Retail/Business Activation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 3, 2015
So there are no jobs available there.Don't bother applying there because you can't apply there, but it was a great beyond great place to work when I worked there.
Fast Paced Environment
Senior Business Solutions Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, North CarolinaJune 3, 2015
Always on the cutting edge of technology and development, I learned to explain highly complex ideas and concepts to the layperson in every day language using analogies to foster understanding.
great place to work
Team Lead/Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2015
great place to work. great company and great benefits and incentives. They were one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
benefits, money, bonuses
Cons
they went out of business
great pay
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHMay 26, 2015
the company is great if you don't have any thing tying you down at home kids,wife etc.. company offers per diem and great pay.You do work 12 hours shifts 7 day week though
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 11, 2015
Always changing to improve the quality of service and customer experience. Enjoyed the opportunity to experience the new cell phones. Great team participation among associates. Building a rapport to find the best plan and phone for each customer.
Pros
Commission was great!!
Cons
NA
sales rep
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 30, 2015
The job was a challenge on a daily basis. I was able to meet the needs of customers in the wireless industry. It was a professional yet fun atmosphere to work in with good management along with top training programs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
had to meet a monthly quota
Regional Sales Manager, Cleveland/Akron Market (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 29, 2015
Great company to work for where you felt valued as an employee. The company had a family atmosphere from the top down. The benefits were also great.
Pros
Family feel
great place
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 8, 2015
wonderful place of employment learn much of my work ethic here company is no longer in retail business close early 2000 would go work here again if possible
Pros
great managment
Cons
no longer in bussines
Nice peeps, enjoyed the job but business was low
Verizon Wireless Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lucedale, MSApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed this job, my peeps and management but we were in a market where our equipment wasn't reliable and so a month after I left the store closed down.
Pros
Friendly peeps and working with others
Cons
Cutthroat commission goals
Great Place to Work
Advanced Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 2, 2015
Alltel Wireless was a great place to work! They are no longer in business since they are now Verizon Wireless, but my experience was great!
Chill environment
Cell Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 2, 2015
Even though Alltel is no longer its own company, they were great when they were. Great management, but the pay was sub-par and the work monotonous. Great as an after high school job just to kill time and make some money, but not a career and would not have allowed for time to go to college.
Pros
Chill environment, little to no pressure
Cons
Boring, low pay, long hours.
Just a overall great place to work
Lead customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 31, 2015
challenging, Fast pace, friendly place to work. The people were great. Pay, benefits, and employee care are what make Alltel an ideal place to be employed.
Pros
child care, pay, benifits, and attention to the employee
Cons
not in south Florida
no longer open in tampa
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2015
This company was brought out and sold to Verizon and the employees found out with short notice and not relocated with the new company.
UNIX Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 29, 2015
Enjoyed my time at Alltel. Wonderful people and a great environment. Great pay, learning opportunities were there. Great benefits.
Fun place to work
Customer Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 28, 2015
I handled incoming calls into the call center. I learned how to better communicate with customers and solve problems. Management was somewhat aggressive, the coworkers were friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job were the hours.
Pros
Free phone
Cons
Short breaks, working holidays
Great work environment, excellent vision and truly belives in their brand and customers
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 24, 2015
Great work environment, excellent vision and truly believes in their brand and customers. Verizon offers opportunities for advancement and movement throughout the company.
Good Place to work
Wireless Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2015
Alltel was a good place to work and for the most part the experience I had there was very positive.

The atmosphere of the company was very much employee geared and fun to work.
Company Sold
Wireless Consultant (Larose Branch Manager) (Former Employee) –  Larose, LAMarch 18, 2015
Company was great to work for then they were sold to several different brokerage firms, then eventually Verizon won the purchasing agreement and it went down hill from there.
great people
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSMarch 17, 2015
Alltel was my favorite place so far to work at. The people there and the enviroment was awesome. I dont have anything bad to say about this company just sad that they are no longer available in my area.
The company cared about it's employees and it's customers.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 4, 2015
The compensation and benefits were excellent and the building was lovely. They cared about the training and they hired quality workers. Nothing but good things to say here.
Pros
great building, game tables, consoles, great break room, high security, excellent parking.
Cons
none.

4.2