Alltel Employee Reviews

great enviroment to work in
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 30, 2016
employees were like family, learned dispatching, time keeping, small amount of engineering, worked closely with out side plant techs.
Pros
company was customer orientated
Cons
alltel transformed into Windstream
Alltel Information Services was a fairly good company that went through a tremendious growth while I was there and continuos to grow today.
Director of New Product Implementation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
The company was located in Little Rock, AR for the 20 years I worked for it. My entire 20 years was spent in remote data centers on the West Coast and Texas.
For the bulk of my time with Alltel, I was the remote data center manager for the sites that I was assigned to. In this role I filled the role of HR manager, contract manager, accountant, customer service manager. My director lived in Little Rock and provided support to me as needed.

I learned how to deal with personnel issues, contract issues, contract renewal strategies, how to manage a budget and how to run data centers with a 24 hour operation. I learned how to plan and manage projects and to upgrade and install new applications.

The co-workers were good people, for the most part but when needed I learned the proper way to dispense discipline and if needed terminate and replace the employee.
The hardest part of the job was the termination of employees and the process of contract renewals.

The mast enjoyable part of the job was when i was successful in turning an employee around followed by the feeling of success after renewing a contract. I was successful in renewing 5 multiyear contracts during my tenure with Alltel.
Pros
As an Account Manager I was virtually running my own business.
Cons
As the company grew the company politics became more of a issue.
Awesome Experience
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 12, 2016
Working at Alltel taught me discipline, and great management skills. It talk me how to promote teamwork for the success of the business. It helped with my customer service and communication skills.
The strength of this company is their managers
Senior Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GA 31313February 10, 2016
They are picky about who they promote to management. They all have strong sales background and are fair minded people, and personable. We knew regional managers on a first name basis. This company may lack presence in their respective industry, but they operate in an environment of constructive scrutiny and they see solutions with an eye toward employee development, which will either grow them as a company, or at least grow the employees who work for them.
Pros
creative sales goal contests
Cons
relatively inferior product
Long hours excepted
SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 3, 2016
You were excepted to work really long hours, but the pay is good. The company was incredibly stable. The insurance was really good!
Pros
Great health insurance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
Meeting with crews, go out to job site. Management was good. Co-workers a bit back stabbing. There was no reward if you did well.
Pros
good Team
Cons
Worked alone
outstanding company
Retail Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
Eventhough the company has been sold off and is now divested, this Arkansas company was prided with its southern roots.
Fun workplace. Was able to interact with customers on a daily basis. Had an uncapped commission potential.
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 2, 2015
Alltel was fun and challenging. I was able to sell and attend to customers' needs by answering questions about their accounts and taking payments. I used my fluent Spanish on a daily basis. I also enjoyed learning to work with mobile devices.
Pros
Commission, customer service, new technology
Went off of Business
Senior Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 1, 2015
This was a company that i did not enjoy working for. The customer was not taken care of so you know that the employee was treated worries.
Pros
Cons
Health Benefits
it was a good job to grow with but was never understanding with family life and problems.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
I loved my job i had with Alltel but the management was not never understanding with single parents with kids...I lost my job because my son whom was an infant at the time kept being hospitialized for his asthma and my supervisor told me because my son is sick they are going to have to let me go. Inconsiderate company to work for.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
not understanding about famuly and kids
loved the work place
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 16, 2015
loved everything. they provided thorough training also. they mad sure that you have axcess to the resources that you will need on and off the job.
Great team work and positive enviroment.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 14, 2015
Accurately and consistently addressed client questions and issues combined with data entry. Addressed payment issues, developed payment plans and received payments on customer accounts. Reviewed client accounts and offered alternative plans to maximize customer satisfaction.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Irate customers.
trips,free lunch,adwards,credit cards
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2015
..I have writen it already please chack the previous one I lioved Alltel a company that really cared about their employees yes yes yess, trips,free lunch,adwards,credit cards.I was awarded 10 25 employee in the nation over 40,000
Cons
Great people to work with
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 23, 2015
The people & store in which I worked were wonderful. Always a good time. However our cellular service in the area was not quite up to par when we launched the products so we often got complaints. Which would make for stressful times. It did however improve greatly. We did a lot of fun things at the store for our customers to show them our appreciation: pizza day, doughnuts & coffee day ect..
High School, love the energy
Customer Service/Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2015
Good benefits. The city has made a lot of acquisitions which means potential opportunities. Good people who work hard despite no processes and ancient systems and tools.
Fun place to work with inspirational people
Telecommunications System Admin/Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Alltel. They appreciated my technical abilities and allowed me to be the liaison between the directors of departments and the technical team I was part of.
Pros
great work environment
Alltel
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 6, 2015
Good company to work for in a fast pace environment. Provided a lot of career opportunities during its corporate days. Products were very competitive.
Pros
full size cafeteria
Cons
parking lot
Great pay
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCOctober 2, 2015
Alltel all around was a great place to work for with great people. The benefits were awwwwesome!! The pay was fantastic....
Very fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FlOctober 1, 2015
My duties included showing the customers the selection of phones and demonstrating how they work. Also, running customer's information for new service, discuss billing inquiries and doing insurance claims.
Best company ever
Service Activation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 30, 2015
Alltel was a very employ focused company, they offered competitive wages and amazing benefits, unfortunately they couldn't make it with such fierce competition and we were purchased my Verizon

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alltel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2