Alltel

Alltel Employer Reviews

productive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Conover, NCJanuary 3, 2014
Typical work day consist of , inventory, customer service, training , reaching daily goals, maintaing store apperance
Telecommunications
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Respond to a high volume of inbound customer calls; research and resolve billing and service equipment issues; provide information on Verizon products and services; and demonstrate a commitment to customer service.
 Quickly analyzed customer needs while balancing company revenue concerns
 Exhibited customer service and on-line customer communication – more... expertise
 Ability to analyze and resolve problems efficiently
 Responsible for managing and tracking sales records for entire team.
 Point of contact for Supervisor’s
 Assist internal/external customers with billing issues and supported special projects and completion
 Use various administrative department tools and on-line resources for customer resolution.
 Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and identify network/applications issues. – less
fun
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 2, 2014
I enjoyed working here. It was a little difficult to meet the quota each month due to the lack of product verses other companies though.
Fun, family oriented company with lots of advneture
Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2013
I enjoyed my job working with great people and a great company with opportunities of advancement.
Opportunity to meet a lot of the public
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pine Ridge, SDDecember 27, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: temp. position, standing for 9 hours.
Position was a temp. position. Daily job duties consisted of greeting customers and having control of the amount of customers in the store at one time.
Good organization to work for!
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 17, 2013
Pros: lots of feedback in doing your job well
Cons: loud verbal encouragement, distracting
They were a good place to work for and I enjoyed my job! My co-workers were wonderful even at other call centers, and I loved helping customers make payment arrangements!
Customer Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa FlDecember 17, 2013
Answering to a high volume of challenging customer calls
Everyday I learned something new about our new phones and tech support.
I had a great team of management that was there to help me in anything i needed.
My co-worker was like my family.
The hardest part of my job was telling customer no.
The most enjoyable part of my job was resolving customer – more... need and showing up to work every day on time perfect attendance for 5 years – less
The culture at altell was interpersonal, we celabrated each other and had a friendly work enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2013
Pros: altell looked out for its employees.
Cons: occurrence system
My typical day at work was answering calls , answering calls and more calls, it a call center.
closed down :( (authorized agent, not corporate)
Sales (Former Employee), Beatrice, NEDecember 17, 2013
Pros: was a job
Cons: little hours, minimum wage, lack of management
lacked in-store managers, and was not allowed 40hrs per week even with low staff, very bad business practice
Best employer ever
FRAUD INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2013
This was bar none the best place I worked during my career. Management and staff were excellent. Loved going to work everyday. Challenging and exciting place to work.
I miss this
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), SW, VADecember 12, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: bought out
Awesome company to work for. Easy job, great pay and benefits
OK
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Englewood, FLNovember 27, 2013
OK while you look for another job. Co-workers are friendly. Great for a teen or retiree. Not challenging enough for me personally. Chose to work al sections of the store and volunteer at other locations.
This job was enjoyble and had a friendly work environment.
Clerk/ Full-time Employment (Former Employee), Independance OHNovember 20, 2013
Pros: the had lots of perks like christmas parties and bonuses.
Cons: i can not think of a con at this job.
A typical work day inculded data processing, accounts payable processing and customers applications.

I learned how to work on a computer and data processing.

Management, my Supervisor was great. She was patient and taught me a lot. This job was micro management as well.

My co -workers and I were like a little family. I like the morale on this job. – more... Nobody complained. We taught each other new skills and easier ways to process.

The hardest part of the job was viewing micro fish films....

The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday brought a new challenge to work throuh. – less
na
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), north canton, OHNovember 16, 2013
Great company to work for. Easy advancement if you want to move up in a company.
Typical day at work
Universal Team Leader (Former Employee), tampa, flNovember 16, 2013
Completed weekly training in the changes of policies and procedures for the transitions.
Assist the employees in the areas where they mostly needed assistance in order to maintain their monthly goals.
Listened to quality calls in order to coach rep on how to assist customer more efficiently.
Took escalated calls from angry customer and resolved in the – more... best interest of both partied for all departments.
Completed daily reports on sales goals and quota for employees
Took calls from customers that needed assistance with their phones, wanted to purchase a phone or accessories, or wanted to discuss their acct or make a payment/payment arrangement.
Approved and assed credit to qualifying accounts in order to save the customer or due to company error. – less
best job ever
Advanced Tech Support Representative (Former Employee), Conway, ARNovember 13, 2013
This company was by far the best company to work for, you had unlimited places to move up along with great benefits .
Loved the job
customer service rep (Former Employee), Maumee OhNovember 10, 2013
Pros: unlimited overtime
Taking care of customer needs.and all the overtime. loved the people I worked with.
Loved Working at Alltel Wireless
Store Manager (Former Employee), Thomaston, GAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: careing management, great spiffs, outstanding team work, great advancement opportunites
Cons: it's no longer ( purchased by at&t)
This has been the best Organization that I have ever had the pleasure of working for. It is sad that they have been purchased by AT&T. I am sure that AT&T has a lot to offer, but my Loyalty was with Alltel for 6 years.
I loved the job except for one thing
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), moultrie, gaOctober 29, 2013
I enjoyed working here because the pay was amazing and the benefits were great, but you did not have time off for family.
N/A
Wireless sales and customer service (Former Employee), bradenton flOctober 15, 2013
N/A theres a reason the company got bought out. terrible terrible terrible. Takes advantage of costumers and employees.

About Alltel

Alltel is a customer-focused communications company with more than 15 million customers in 36 states and nearly $10 billion in – Read more