Alltel Employee Reviews

Provide Outstanding Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 28, 2016
Alltel had a great morale. They had EXCELLENT benefits and treated their employees very well. They had incredible incentives for their employees and the environment was very positive.
Excellent company
Project Manager - Mainframe Applications (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Great company that has a formal structure for growth. This company is solid and has great management. I would highly recommend this company. Very good pay as well.
(AKA Windstream) quality of job depends solely on local manager
Customer Service Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, MOSeptember 21, 2016
This was great until the latest local manager was promoted from a craft position. The entire workforce under him is looking elsewhere. This is not the same in all locations, if you qualify and get hired it is a good place to work. Very demanding job but pay is good, benefits used to be better but still just below industry average.
Pros
Pay, technology, co-workers
Cons
declining benefits, local managers operate as dictators.
Hard Work Was Rewarded
Item Processing Clerk; Computer Operator I & II (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTAugust 29, 2016
If you were willing to learn, Management was willing to get you trained in order to move up in the company. The salary was good, and I learned all about MS/DOS, JCL, FAQS/PCS, and the like. Towards the end of my time there, however, there was no work/life balance. It was work, sleep, go back to work, and so on once the bank we worked with was bought out. Then, once the Alltel employees put in all of that work, most of us were let go; as the new bank already had those positions filled on their side. For the most part, though, my overall experience there was good. It was just the final year that was a nightmare.
Pros
Salary, Opportunity to learn, CHallenging
Cons
Really, just the last year there.
good company but bought out by Verizon
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2016
good company to work for but was bought out by Verizon. That is how Verizon obtained the good cell network they have today!
Best company I've ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 24, 2016
We were bought out by VZW which in itself is a terrific company, however, Alltel had that extra umph and I'm not talking just in commission but in overall structure. It was transparent and amazing to work for them.
Sales Specialist and Customer Service
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2016
I really enjoyed my supervisors, employees, and was satisfied helping customers calling in an inbound call center for their new lines of service, help with their bill, and giving them the best customer service experience as best of my ability.
Excellent place to work.
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 19, 2016
Alltel was an excellent place to work and provided excellent job training and employee benefits. Due to the saturation of the cellular industry, after 12 years of employment the company downsized and I was laid off.
Pros
Employee benefits and training
Cons
Call-center work hours.
New NOC setting with major carrier
Network Operation Center - Technician (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 16, 2016
I lived only 3 miles away from NOC which was great. I start my day by getting my assigned group log into all switches and phone. Learned from great co-workers and a smaller Center provided a more close relationship with different groups with in the company. Good management and co-workers got to get to know and meet Midwestern people.
Pros
training
Cons
Rotating shifts every 3 months (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Good Company
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 11, 2016
ALLTEL is a good company to work for right after college. Good Management Program. Not a lot of opportunity to grow. But a lot of opportunity to make money.
Sales with Growth
B2B Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 4, 2016
This position was in a very difficult area.
It was only on the treasure coast of Florida This product could only be sold in a 50 mile radius.
Most of the accounts I maintained were government or county sales.
closure
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 29, 2016
sold out to verizon, this company is no longer around. i enjoyed my time there and learned valuable management skills i could use in the future
Nothing more to say
Retail Activation Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 28, 2016
This position was eliminated and therefore that is how I started at Medical Mutual. The call center is no longer open. It was absorbed by Verizon.
Very fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 21, 2016
Learned a ton of things from this company, was coached and mentored to be a sales leader. Training was exceptional which made you more efficient in the jobs you worked in.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
They Sold the Company
Fast Paced Retail
Sales Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 21, 2016
This is a retail environment that will allow for two options. You can opt to just get by and fit in to the crowds and that is ok with Walmart. The other option is to work hard and achieve everything you have the aptitude to achieve. It then becomes hard work but there is a reward at the end of the tunnel.
management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed sports authority I was young and I learned a lot. just had issue with getting proper leadership in certain departments.
Pros
busy work
Cons
reatail life
First Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2016
This was the first job that I had. I started entry level within the first six months I was promoted to assistant manager. There I learned how to manage a team, manage a small business.
Pros
First Job
Cons
No Money
High stressed call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 16, 2016
A typical day micro managed. I learned to never work in call center again. The best part of the day was leaving. Co workers were great.
benefits
Cons
Micro management
N/a
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 19, 2016
Alltel is no longer around, merged with Verizon Wireless several years back. It was fun company to work for back in those days.
Great company
Bilingual Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 11, 2016
My experience with this company was a great oe, where I got the chance to learn so much about technology, people, customer services. One of the things i loved the most was working with a team of professionals that were always willing to help when needed.