Alltel

Alltel Employer Reviews

It's an okay job
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 6, 2014
When I was there it was based off number. You are only as good as your current month not last month.
Great place to work for.
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Mansfield,OhJune 1, 2014
Great place to work for assisted customers with billing and service
Was an Excellent Company to work for before the micromanaging began
USR (Former Employee), Houma, LAJune 1, 2014
Pros: crazy bonuses for just being reliable
Cons: mergers and aquisition
Loved working for Alltel and Legacy VZW, but after the merger things went downhill really fast.
great pay
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Defiance, OHMay 9, 2014
Pros: pay was great
Cons: very stresful
loved the job.
pay was amazing
coworkers became family
on call at all times for customer issues
loved the pay
Great company to work for that makes sure each employee is taken care of as well as the customer.
Retail Store Manger/Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee), Bryant, ARMay 6, 2014
Pros: great work environment with amazing opportunity to advance.
Cons: i can't think of any cons.
• Responsible for driving revenue by helping develop the proper skills to sale accessories and new lines of service
• Responsible for inventory counts daily and monthly
• Role play with sales reps to train on new products to increase productivity
• Coaching reps to insure quality service in the store and insure the customer is happy, while all of their needs have been met
• Handle customer complaints
Outstanding company
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 30, 2014
Pros: great company.
Cons: company sold to verizon
Busy workplace. I learned new things daily. Management was also helpful and motivating. Co- worker friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping Customers. Provided exceptional customer service and technical support for external voice and data product.
-Used various administration department tools and on-line resources for customer resolution.
-Evaluated customer concerns and resolved problems to the customer satisfaction.
-Ran credit checks and collected required deposits for new customers.
-Processed the change of responsibility account transfers, separated and combined accounts.
-Assist customers with customer service inquires via email and correspondence
When I was downsized in 1995, I was ready to leave the company.
System Support Engineer (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHApril 30, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: long hours and weekends.
A typical day consisted of supporting Amdahl, Honeywell and HP-UX systems. I learned HP-UX and Honeywell software and features.

Management was more of a react now, rather than planning. I worked with a group of very competent co-workers.

When a problem Occurred management would panic and it had to be done now.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Sales representative
Sr. Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, LAApril 26, 2014
Worked on a retail level to to assist employees with phone selections and find needs based employee statements.
A national wireless service provider for residential and business.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 22, 2014
Great company to work for, started at the ground level and built a call center, activation center and sales center. Very demanding, high energy and constantly changing environment.
Alltel
National Accounts Analyst- Alltel/Verizon Wireless (Former Employee), Little Rock ARMarch 25, 2014
Wonderful place to work unfortunately, no longer in business due to Verizon buyout.
Working with mentally challenged patients
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gaylord, MIMarch 20, 2014
Pros: woking with people in a friendly environment
Cons: not much money to be made
I was mainly in charge of sales and customer service! My co-workers were fun and worked hard! Hardest part I would say was location we didn't do well in sales because of our location!
CSR II
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 20, 2014
There was nothing special about Alltel. Aside from the potential to bonus, it was classic call center.
Windstream Communications, Inc. (Formerly Alltel), is the best company that I have worked for.
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee), Hudson, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Senior Software Developer - Participated on project teams tasked with designing and developing software solutions for operational support systems that track clients’ telephone equipment. Performed business analysis, software development, and project management as required to assess systems and operations; gather requirements and translate them into technical specifications; establish scope, deliverables, milestones, and budgets; process change requests; assist with initial deployment and launch strategies; design and execute test cases; and oversee post-implementation support as part of SDLC.
Great employees, great company to work for
Sr. Wireless Representative (Former Employee), Newberry, SCFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: we made good money, and i got a chance to help people
Cons: the job was too far away from my home.
A typical day at Alltel consisted of opening the store through a system on the computer, counting the tills and the change fund, keeping the store clean, checking in, pricing, counting, and transferring inventory, and making sure the customers were taken care of. I had to take bill payments, troubleshoot cell phones, sale cell phones, cell accessories, and making payment arrangements. I was number one in sales eighteen out of the twenty-four months I was there. I learned how to really help people on this job. The job is mainly about sailing, if you don't sale, the commission check don't be as big. I was one of the ones who helped regardless if I was making a sale or not. We were like family at this job. Everyone got along great. The hardest part of my job was when I had a customer and I had to let them wait for me to resolve their issues. I enjoyed my co-workers, and helping my customers.
fun and productive
Business Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 24, 2014
Answers inbound calls and made follow up outbound calls to business customers pertaining to newly activated equipment and upgraded equipment. Recommended products and services to business customers to suit their company needs. Acted as liaison for business customers to place orders for wireless internet cards, cell phones and accessories. Analyzed accounts to ensure customers were receiving full benefits as business customers. Met and exceeded Alltel sales goals. Assisted customers with assumption of liability, adding authorized users to accounts, address changes, basic tier 1 troubleshooting and billing issues.
fast placed and great everyday challenges
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 21, 2014
Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers. I learned better on delegation to get more jobs done faster and better. Better coaching and training of large employee staffing, how to better maximize potential in people through different motivational skills. I really enjoyed working with the public and bringing a new peace to peoples lives. Being able to provide new and approved services everyday to my customer base was very satisfying.
Sales, Technical Support and Finacial services.
Business Solutions Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 18, 2014
Great company to work for, excellent pay, hard working team. Co-workers a professional.
Very Productive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: employee appreication
Typical day would be making sure current brochures would be out for customers to have. Also making sure the store was clean and the phones and tablets were working properly and all pictures and texts were deleted from the live demos.

My co-workers were amazing and we all work together as a team to make sure we represented the company well. Teamwork was the key to make sure everything ran smoothly. Our management team was very understanding and they make sure things ran smoothing.

The hardest part of the job was when we had customers that were violent and wanted to throw phones at the reps.

The most enjoyable part would be working with the customers. Seeing the customers happy with the service that we provided. Making sure we listen to their wants and needs and then we come up with solution.
Great work experience in commissionable sales
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Bolivar, MOFebruary 7, 2014
Review customer rate plans. Insurance and warranty processing.
Equipment upgrades. Management great to work with. Good training program.
Best Company
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Smaller mentality compared to other large corporations that cares about the employee and their best interests. Best company I ever worked for.

About Alltel

Alltel is a customer-focused communications company with more than 15 million customers in 36 states and nearly $10 billion in – Read more

Alltel Salaries