Alltel Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMarch 7, 2017
My employment with Alltel was very stressful. I was in the call center and you had to be on the phones at all times. The workplace culture was not very friendly because you never had time to get to know anyone because you were constantly answering calls.
Great Company
Financial Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2017
Alltel was bought by Verizon. This was a wonderful place to work with multiple departments and positions. Very easy to change departments and try new roles out.
decent place to work
Technical Support/ Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 1, 2017
this company is no longer in business. If it was still opended today I would recomment this to anyone, I learned a great deal about telecommunications from this place.
Pros
good pay
Alltell
Operations Manager/Sr Execurive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Loved working with this company in Los Angeles and Fresno area. Many opportunities for advancement. After many years with this company, I unfortunately moved but would have continued working for them.
Call center rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 29, 2017
Call center rep is defiantly not for everyone especially myself, sitting at a desk all day wearing a headset and most calls are irate customers takes a special kind of person.
Fun Place To Work
Business Accounts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2017
I was with the company from it being BellSouth to Cellular One to 360 Communications then acquired by ALLTEL Communications. Fast paced environment. Plenty of room for growth in same job position as well as other departments. Always positive management and leadership.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Busy place to work, Very productive and busy. Customer call about there service, some be glad and some mad. Because we talking to them about their bills.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks
Busy
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 1, 2016
This was a very busy job and workplace. However, due to the sale of the company, there was no room to advane unless employees wasnted to take a pay cut.
no longer around
Regional Inventory Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 17, 2016
unfortunately alltel isn't around anymore, I wish they were, I loved my job there and hated giving it up when bought out by Verizon wireless. Was a great company to work for.
Excellent work environment with advancement opportunities.
Senior Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 19, 2016
Sales of wireless plans, cellular phones, and accessories. Greeting customers, help with customer questions and technical issues, manage customer accounts. Store operations were opening and closing procedures that includes counting cash bags, opening shifts, stock inventory, and maintain showroom. Prepare a bank deposit at close including the counting of all money and checks. Ensure all deposits and cash bags are secured in store safe. I learned a lot from the extensive and constant training in sales. Tough part of the job was meeting quotas. The best part of the job was being able to stay up to date with the latest in mobile communication.
Pros
Discounted phone rates, Compensation for hitting goals
Cons
Traveling to different locations to help boost sales
Provide Outstanding Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 28, 2016
Alltel had a great morale. They had EXCELLENT benefits and treated their employees very well. They had incredible incentives for their employees and the environment was very positive.
Excellent company
Project Manager - Mainframe Applications (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Great company that has a formal structure for growth. This company is solid and has great management. I would highly recommend this company. Very good pay as well.
(AKA Windstream) quality of job depends solely on local manager
Customer Service Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, MOSeptember 21, 2016
This was great until the latest local manager was promoted from a craft position. The entire workforce under him is looking elsewhere. This is not the same in all locations, if you qualify and get hired it is a good place to work. Very demanding job but pay is good, benefits used to be better but still just below industry average.
Pros
Pay, technology, co-workers
Cons
declining benefits, local managers operate as dictators.
Hard Work Was Rewarded
Item Processing Clerk; Computer Operator I & II (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTAugust 29, 2016
If you were willing to learn, Management was willing to get you trained in order to move up in the company. The salary was good, and I learned all about MS/DOS, JCL, FAQS/PCS, and the like. Towards the end of my time there, however, there was no work/life balance. It was work, sleep, go back to work, and so on once the bank we worked with was bought out. Then, once the Alltel employees put in all of that work, most of us were let go; as the new bank already had those positions filled on their side. For the most part, though, my overall experience there was good. It was just the final year that was a nightmare.
Pros
Salary, Opportunity to learn, CHallenging
Cons
Really, just the last year there.
good company but bought out by Verizon
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2016
good company to work for but was bought out by Verizon. That is how Verizon obtained the good cell network they have today!
Best company I've ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 24, 2016
We were bought out by VZW which in itself is a terrific company, however, Alltel had that extra umph and I'm not talking just in commission but in overall structure. It was transparent and amazing to work for them.
Sales Specialist and Customer Service
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2016
I really enjoyed my supervisors, employees, and was satisfied helping customers calling in an inbound call center for their new lines of service, help with their bill, and giving them the best customer service experience as best of my ability.
Excellent place to work.
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 19, 2016
Alltel was an excellent place to work and provided excellent job training and employee benefits. Due to the saturation of the cellular industry, after 12 years of employment the company downsized and I was laid off.
Pros
Employee benefits and training
Cons
Call-center work hours.
New NOC setting with major carrier
Network Operation Center - Technician (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 16, 2016
I lived only 3 miles away from NOC which was great. I start my day by getting my assigned group log into all switches and phone. Learned from great co-workers and a smaller Center provided a more close relationship with different groups with in the company. Good management and co-workers got to get to know and meet Midwestern people.
Pros
training
Cons
Rotating shifts every 3 months (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Good Company
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 11, 2016
ALLTEL is a good company to work for right after college. Good Management Program. Not a lot of opportunity to grow. But a lot of opportunity to make money.