Ally Financial

Ally Financial United States Employee Reviews

Very Fast Pace and Driven environment
Financial Analyst III (Contractor) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2015
Great place to network and learn new things. Competitive and Fast past environment, very numbers driven, hands on training for new hires - there's no training class or manual. Overall great place to work.
good company
Loss Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 24, 2015
Good people and alot of advancements with the company only reason of leaving company is because they were going through job cuts and i really enjoyed working for them great company to work for
OK
Governance Analyst (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 24, 2015
Great company to work for , could use better traingin material when onboarding candidates that do not have any insurance background
Ally
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 18, 2015
I like working as a customer service rep. but i would like a new change. The most enjoyable part of job is the people my co workers are amazing but in ally you learn alot new stuff everyday.
Low moral, little advancement opportunities, work/life balance is low
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 10, 2015
Pros: i work monday - friday
Cons: little advancement opportunities
I have been with Ally for the last 7 years. I started with a sister company, Nuvell. It was much smaller and more family friendly at that time. The company changed to Ally about 5 years after I started. We joined with our parent company, which was GMAC at that time. Once the merger and the name change took place we began to see a shift in management and company concern for its employees. Our joint operation meant more people, and less opportunity for management to concern themselves with our needs. In this time there were few advancement opportunities to be had, and we were asked to sacrifice more of our personal time to company business. This has led to low morale within the company.
It is a nice place to work, Lot's of great people.
Quality Control (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 6, 2015
I like working for Ally, they are good at laying out targets for your workload.
I absolutely love my co-workers, we enjoy our day while getting our workload completed.
It is a nice Company to work for, and the benefits are good.
DCC IW Migaction
Sr.Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee), Detroit MiMarch 3, 2015
I really enjoying my project, Same time I am working multiple tools, Oracle Database, Unix Scripts, Tidal, Autosys etc... Great to do a lot
Sr. Vendor Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 24, 2015
I love the atmosphere here. Very friendly people to be around. Co-workers and management are great. A lot of room for advancement.
Information Warehouse is a business critical data warehousing application and it is to migrate out of HP hosted Plano data center to Ally hosted data
Senior PL/SQL developer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 23, 2015
• Tuned SQL queries using Explain Plan, Analyze, Hints and TKProf utilities to improve performance.
• Did code changes for outbound interfaces for the IW APPLICATION as per business requirements.
• Having experience with Database Compression testing, Used Hybrid query low mechanism on the tables and partitions to improves the performance of the batch execution process and cut over the SLA, saved storage in the database.
• Run current batch execution process to mimic the production batch executions as per Plano.
• Involved in preparing test plans, unit testing, System integration testing, implementation and maintenance.
• Involved in debugging, and having good troubleshooting experience on databases to improve performance.
• Work with Automation tools such as Autosys and Tidal for scheduling jobs, dependencies, and defined calendar dates.
• Get files from Mainframe and ST for processing jobs and extract data send to downstream Mainframe applications.
• Created UNIX shell scripts to back up the files, Used SED and AWK in UNIX Shell scripting to correct the data issues in the SQL-Loader data file.
• Used tools like SQL *Loader to load the data into the database tables from flat files and excel sheets.
• Run reports between Autosys and Tidal by written queries with the help of SQL DEVELOPER.
• Work with off-shore team and communicate with team regarding Tidal changes.
• Involved in preparing code merge, validating code changes, files and outbound interfaces.
• Actively involved in preparing Technical documentation for the application changes to track for future reference.
• Prepared environment for IW Production and deployed code into server and SVN for P-CUT.
IO (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: management - even if hr aware of an issue they are not willing to addressed, pushed under rug.
Previous employee, many departments - have management that have been placed in a role just because they have been there for a while, then lock them in. However one in particular was known to berate their employees mostly behind closed doors or within internal group team meetings. Person always looking for a fall person. Can't accept responsibility for their own actions and/or performance. Otherwise great company, mix of team and singular mentality.
QA Manager (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Gives opportunity to work independently and prove myself.
Started from a Test Manager (TSL) to handle a program level Lead (Business Unit Lead). Good place to grow.
Generally good place to work
Data Loss Prevention (DLP) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: very skilled personnel
Cons: micromanaging
A day at Ally was typically uneventful, but very busy. Ally works under a very slim profile, and has a very small workforce for each of their controls.

I gained exposure to Bluecoat Proxy and Imperva with Ally, as well in depth knowledge of Qualys and Data Loss Prevention. I faced several audits and worked hard to improve Ally's Risk posture.

Unfortunately, one of the negative things about Ally is the management is heavy handed and there is too much micro managing.

Co workers at Ally were great, outside of a couple of obvious ladder climbers that would do anything to get ahead, including taking credit for others work and trying to point out issues that did not exist.

The hardest part of the job was attempting to enhance controls under such small workforce. Daily sustain operations outweighed the ability to make many advancements.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the networking and ability to work with very intelligent individuals.
Productive and Fun Place to work.
Business Analyst (contract position) (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Highly energized environment at a fast pace. Really brings the best out of you. Good team work and knowledgeable colleagues. Work environment healthy. Good, efficient, and friendly management team. Though demanding tasks with deadlines working was enjoyable and not stressful.
Pleasant Enviroment/Long Hours
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Ally is a make or break environment. I feel your manager will really set the tone for your advancement as well as exit opportunities to internal opportunities. Ally is very political, but the pay and benefits are overall very comfortable and don't be suprised if others feel threatened if you are a well-educated and intelligent individual.
n/a
Loan Loss & Mitigation - Senior (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2015
This a great place to work
great benefits
easy work, not stressful at all
family oriented
great people
customer oriented and great pay and bonuses
they always having luncheon and great fun day with the companies employees to show how much they care.
Ally Financial is a great company
Quality Control Analyst - Ally Auto Finance (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: qcm
No comment at this time. My first 13 years were great but my last two years were not good in the QC department.
Great people - tough environment
Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits, working with sharp people
Cons: never getting real time off, not being empowered to do the job you were hired for
People
Ally hires really top-notch talent. Well, for the most part that is true. That can probably be said about a lot of places, but Ally really has a solid group of people. It is a pleasure to work with such talented individuals. You'll find yourself learning a lot and sharing your skills with the team(s) every day. It is a very collaborative environment.

The leadership qualities between managers varies GREATLY. Some managers were made for the job and are amazing. The other managers seem like they were forced into the role, as the only means of advancement. It is sad to lose a great execution person to the responsibilities of management for that reason alone.

Work
If you like a constantly changing environment where the work never seems to end, than Ally is for you!
- more work - Check
- lack of functional process - Check
- delegation of authority - Nope
Good Place
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay and decent benefits
Cons: some late nights and stress with weekends as well
This place is good I worked on the commercial side, and it seemed very disorganized and not structured. I heard the people on the consumer side loved it but once you are in Commercial they do everything they can not to let you leave because no one wants to be in on that side.
Underwriter II (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 19, 2014
Ally is a great place to work, the main issue is the lack of upward mobility. There are a number of people with very long tenures without any inclination to move up or out, making it very difficult to be promoted.
Great Benefits
Collector/Representative (Current Employee), Little Rock ArNovember 10, 2014
Great Company to work for, there is room to make more money through the bonuses. A typical day at work would be 8-5 collecting money via phone. The hardest part of the job is remaining compliant but it was accomplished. the most enjoyable part of the job are the bonuses.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ally Financial

“Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's – Read more

Ally Financial Salaries