Ally Financial Employee Reviews

Under Construction
Senior Consultant and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJune 29, 2017
Ally is a great company, the refinance and lease buyout divisions are still a hot mess as the leadership team has still not successfully placed a competent sales leader in charge.
Summary
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2017
Depending on the position most days are typical and the grind is pretty much the same all the time. Get more done or get more sales. Benefits are the best in the business.
A typical day a work
Quality Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
Management is not always on the same page. Workplace culture is alright. The hardest part of the job is no consistency. The most enjoyable part is quitting time.
Pros
The cafe
Cons
Hard to advance
Collections / Vendor relations
Vendor Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 15, 2017
This company is a great place to work, great people, and managers. When I first started, I never had any collection experience however if you have customer service you will do fine. Bonus are great managers are willing to help you succeed as long you put in the effort. Within a 2 years, I have moved to different department because I become a (SME) they will promote within if you bonus and go above your KPI's. I moved up in Vendor management oversea our collection agency. If you just work and complain about work please don't apply. If you put in the effort, very competitive, willing to coach and learn you will do great. Great open door policy.
Pros
read above
Cons
New management need to understand the culture, learn about the employees before giving them a bad performance review, 1 on 1's, better pay for agents that is working hard.
Enjoyable and have more learning
Associate QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 2, 2017
I got a lot from ally and was my first project as an junior level tester and got a kind of training for two weeks. All staffs, like devs, product owner, scrum master ... have gave me a good memory for the duration that I stayed there
Pros
Training
expect LOTS of OT & less family time
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2017
I enjoyed working there however the downfall was they were taking me away from my family time with lots of OT. 6 days/week became too much for my family. Although this wasn't constant it started to become a trend. Depending on which team you were on you could be in a good environment or not so good. Some managers were willing to work with you while others wouldn't budge. Expect 20+ calls an hour plus other activities to do on top of that. Some people have found ways to cheat the system and those that put their all into their job unfortunately get to be the ones get written up for not reaching goals. If you are single no family & love the drive of money to earn then this job is for you, but if you have a family expect to be at this company more than you see your family. Pay is competitive with other companies in town & like I said benefits are well paid. Just decide what is more important to you: job or your family before applying here.
Pros
great benefits & prize awards if you can meet the requirements
Cons
lots of OT & favoritism with managers/employees
This was a temporary assignment,
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 30, 2017
I aquired a lot of knowledge during the time I was on this temporary assignment., I would recoment this Administrative position for any intern entering the workforce. Great opportunity
Fun and productive
Java/J2ee Developer (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMay 22, 2017
excellent place to work. Company is very transparent, flexible and key challenger where I can constantly improve my skills and ability............................
the job was ok
Remarketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2017
Ally was a great entry job for a finance career you learn a lot about financing cars and everything that goes into it. met plenty of great people and made friends
Fair Place to Work
Operations Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 8, 2017
I would say Ally is fair you wont make a ton of money here but it is a good place to gain experience for the next step in a career. If you can with stand the pay gap Ally would be a great place to work.
Process Improvement Manager - Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 3, 2017
Absolutely loved working at Ally - I should've never left! The work/life balance was good at a manager level (and understanding at an associate level). When employees are able to demonstrate their knowledge, worth and willingness to perform the company is willing to invest in your career growth. I started at an associate level in Phoenix in 2002 and grew/moved with my career to Detroit, Knoxville and Dallas into a management role through 2010.
Awesome
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2017
Great company! they care about their employees just as much as they care about their customers. They are willing to work with you with ANYTHING! if you love collections this is the job for you!
call center
COLLECTOR/ CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNApril 26, 2017
call center work place. desk area was very comfortable for working 10 hr shifts.
management would constantly make sure your on phones. everything was schedule to the T. lunch, 15/10 break when you could use the bathroom.
Well oiled company, great to work for!
Sr. Learning & Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 20, 2017
great career company. most employees have 10+ years there. Ally is all about Doing It Right and I love that! I have years of experience at multiple companies, most being fortune 200 and Ally is by far one of the top 3 best.
Professional and fun environment
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2017
Good company that takes care of its employees
The management has gone through some changes and that has led to different directions over the past few years.
Opportunity for growth is limited
Great Company
Senior Project Manager / System Integrator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 9, 2017
Wonderful company to work for. The people are fantastic! Benefits are great! It's a very charming workplace. You work hard and you have a very supportive all around team environment.
Pros
Directives are clear and strategic
Cons
No cons
Productive working enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2017
Day to day, the other associates were helpful. I enjoyed working for the company as a whole and the culture of the company was met with a few exemptions. I had no issues with the overall culture of the company.
Pros
Company lunches
Na
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNMarch 29, 2017
Great evironment. My coworkers make it extremely enjoyable to come to work everyday. The bonus structure and benefits are the best I've come across with a company so far.
They do a lot of fun raisers to help people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  17500 Chenal Parkway Little Rock AR 72223March 29, 2017
The company is very fast past, I work with customer to help or come up with a solution to get there payment caught up in a short period of time. Management are very helpful to give different strategies to help clear your accounts. The most enjoyable part of the day is when a customer express how gratefully that I went that extra mile to help and glade they got a chance to spoke with me.
Pros
They very great incentive plain for growth
Cons
They hire a lot of family members
Vehicle Remarketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 23, 2017
Overall a great place to work but the pay and benefits could be better. Very laid back and a ton of opportunity for advancement. Overall best place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Financial. Our community is ready to answer.