ALMAC Clinical Services Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAAugust 17, 2017
Loved this company, loved the people, loved my position. This place has its little quirks, as does any company. However, I spent 8 years here (I left for personal reasons) but I would love to be back at this company for the rest of my career
benefits
Cons
Almac is a horrible place to work
Computer Programmer (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PAJune 30, 2017
Almac requires a ridiculous amount of work, with little pay and you have to make up time you are on vacation! Long hours expected, little appreciation for the hard worker. Tell you you can leave early for holiday but still expect you to stay late! No way to work up the ladder, no or little bonus, awful pay. Stressful job, little support, unrealistic deadlines. Did I mention long hours and horrible pay? Do not get a job here!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Awful in general
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 20, 2017
This company does not value their employees. They pay their employees less than other CROs. In addition, they don't pay their non-management employees ANY bonuses while they DO pay their management yearly bonuses. Yearly raises were average. When I was there, they only gave new hires 10 days of "PTO" per year to be used for vacation and/or sick time. There was no work-life balance at this company for those in my position. I began telling management I had enough studies to handle when I had 45 studies but they kept piling more studies on me so that by the time I quit, I had 90 studies!
Pros
None! Don't go there!
Cons
No work-life balance, below average pay, no bonus for non-management
decent
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAJune 6, 2017
Decent but boring job, not much to do, same old same of and if the group of peope you are working with aren't cool you are in for a very long day not cool
Okay to work for
Sr Distribution Associate 3rd Shift (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAApril 25, 2017
Overall, it is hard to really rate this job because this is my family business, so my experience is good very flexible, but can be difficult also working for family.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Can be difficult working for family
Great co-workers but management is out of touch
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Stable company with good benefits. Could benefit from really reviewing processes and coming up with more efficient ways for doing things.
One of the Industry Leaders in CTM Packaging and Distribution
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 26, 2015
Almac continues to have issues with the ERP system that was implemented in October of 2012 but they have the most involved Project Management group in the Industry which is something other vendors simply do not have the experience to provide.
Pros
Act as a Partner
Cons
Quotation Generation and Invoice Accuracy continue to be issues
Extremely busy work environment that required many forms of trouble shooting
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAMarch 23, 2015
My typical day at work would start with going over incoming trouble tickets that had come in overnight and seeing that they were properly prioritized and dealt with accordingly. In addition to constantly learning about new fixes for bugs in our computing system, this taught me that there is not only one to fix a problem and that what worked in the past my require you to think on your feet for another solution. Management had a lot of turn over which was challenging. My co-worker were very busy, but we would pull our resources together to come up with a viable solution. The hardest part of the job was due to the fact that we had multiple departments that used different operation systems and applications and servers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of fixing a problem so the employee could go about their day.
Pros
Started out the 20 paid days off
Cons
No room for internal advancement
Opportunities to advance and opportunities to work with great people.
Label Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PASeptember 17, 2014
ALMAC is a fantastic place to work. I've learned an exceptional amount about the skillset required to develop and thrive in the corporate environment. Advancement is encouraged and readily available. A lot of great people make for an exceedingly enjoyable workplace.
Pros
People, opportunities for advancement
Cons
My drivetime, corporate redundancy
Operative
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 14, 2014
This is a Temporary position right now.
I am learning a lot about production, which is great.
I like working early and getting home early
Pros
Hours
Cons
Wage
Okay company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 25, 2014
Almac is a private company with great opportunity for advancement. However, being a small company, there are areas that one would have to sacrifice to work here. A good example is compensation.
I enjoyed my job
Returns Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 28, 2013
Mitsubishi was a great place to work and I learned a lot why I was employed there. I really enjoyed working as a Warehouse Manager at Almac and it gave me a chance to help to increase my department goals.
Pros
I was able to make my department goal with a 1.2 million increase for the year.
Cons
Didn't have enough staff to run my department at 100%.
Fun place
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 1, 2013
nice company with a lot of potential growth.
good location and lots of energetic scenery

A passive work place
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 13, 2013
The Management is run by a group of unqualified people without educational qualification.
SR. DISTRIBUTION TECH (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAFebruary 4, 2013
Okay to work for, micromanagement issues, Human resourses tends to ignore certain problems, My boss was okay to work for
Pros
good medical
Cons
human resourses only adresses the issues that they want to
Great People, Poor Management and Understaffed
Distribution Project Manager (June 2012-present) (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PADecember 17, 2012
Almac is still growing as a company and going through many pains currently.
Was a good company when the owner was alive.
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PADecember 11, 2012
Slowly declining by trying to hard to move ahead too quickly.
productive and a nice workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 27, 2012
Time demanding and the co-workers were fun. Majority of administrative made the workplace good. Constanly stayed busy to meet deadlines and all together learned new systems.The most enjoyable part of the job were the employees.
Pros
acknowledged employees for a job well done when deserved
Cons
definetly short breaks to sometimes none at all
Fun Place and Good People
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PAOctober 21, 2012
I enjoy working for my present employer. The reason I am searching out new employment is more about my finances and the shift I am currently working. I am trying to get a first shift position and possibly increase my financial situation at the same time.

A typical day of employment at my job is I arrive at 1:10 p.m. for a 1:30 p.m. start go down the pharmacy for the second shift meeting with my supervisor and my co-workers on my shift. We discuss the work load and what orders are priority for processing. After the meeting I go the get my cart and go get job packs or orders from the bin. I get a scanner and plastic bins for the orders. I then begin to pick orders throughout the pharmacy, cold room, and warehouse. I think the one of the most important things I learn is that you can always learn something new and teamwork is crucial in having a successful business. The hardest part of the job is wanting to get everything done all the time because you just wanna show that you are a big part of the team and you wanna come through in a big way at the same time saying I gotta slow down and take my time because your name is on your work and the team is depending on it being right. So you have to pick your times to know when to slow down and take a deep breath. Then I realize gotta stay focused and keep working. The most enjoyable part of my job is some of the great friendships I have gained and great people I have meant over the years.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
Hard Working people Good place to work
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Souderton PaSeptember 20, 2012
Loved working here, got work done and had an enjoyable time doing it.