ALMAC Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Software Testing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAMay 3, 2017
Good work Life balance. good process based company and lot of opportunity to learn and develop, understand the products, technology. Offsite events are well planned
good
Senior Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Almac is a good environment to work in. Very enjoyable job and days go by fast. Workplace culture is nice. Management is nice
Project Manager, CPS SF
project manager/design manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 20, 2015
Pros: some of the best and talented colleagues I've ever had.

Cons: they all left for one or more of the below reasons

1) Poor management
-they are not interested in growing their people.
-they do not appreciate nor reward your hard work
-they are not loyal to their employees and see them as replaceable cogs.
-they blatantly play favoritism
-they do not promote a healthy work life balance and often overwork each individual

2) challenges as an employee
-management will give you the run around when you inquire about your career path. They will tell you 'you can carve a role for yourself' meaning, technically you've reached the ceiling.
-hard, good workers are rewarded by more work
-you work so hard for so little pay and benefit
Pros
A handful of great colleagues
Cons
Poor management, the worse I've had in my 15 yrs of experience. Low pay, no recognition for all your hard work.
Lazy co workers & poor management
Receiving (Former Employee) –  SoudertonOctober 9, 2015
Simply put, the harder you work, the more likely you will fail. Sit around, talk all day and kiss butt and you will go far. Actually show up and do your job and you will be singled out and taken out by management.
benefits
Cons
management
Step it up!
PS (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PAAugust 15, 2015
Almac is a great company but like all political run companies they need to look within the cracks instead of trying to pave over them. Too many people are un-happy there with the lack of management in all areas from how employees treat each others, and try to always micro-manage.
I've never been in charge of a large corporation or any in that matter but I do know it is a hard job to continuously make sure your employees are happy. No one wants to be a complainer at work and have a target on their back but then again its just the matter of how it is said and not complained.

This is not a complaint but an opinion: I truly believe Alan McClay ran the company the best in treating his employees like they were his own family. When you have a CEO that has that much passion about their company and employees says so much!!!
Pros
Benefits, Vacation days
Cons
Breaks, work and life balance
" Lab Under Construction "
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAMay 13, 2015
Managed glassware, Equipment calibrations, Waste removal, Inventory, Logistics, Office work. The co workers for the most part were friendly; some more than others. The work didn't seem complex at all. Management was a different story. I never heard of a company switching out a director for bringing in too much business. Pretty obscene in my opinion but I guess time will tell if they made the right choice. " I dont know" or " I dont remeber " is the common language used.
Pros
Friendly people around various different departments, Breaks
Cons
Severely understaffed, lack of communication, Poor team leadership, Quality needs more support
Very tense place to work at.
PC technician (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PASeptember 24, 2014
The micromanagement at the job was a little high and the other technicians seemed like they did not want you to succeed by withholding information.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
Good company
Project Manager, Project Services (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PAJuly 17, 2014
Room for advancement however you are not compensated as you should be