Almost Family Employee Reviews

hello
Bather/Groomer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2017
good to work in, fun, safe and enjoyable.

Competitive role, good start of pay and made you feel welcomed from the moment you started your role. I think its a great place
Mediocre company, mediocre pay
Clinical Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Godfrey, ILNovember 19, 2017
Almost family is a mediocre place to work. Nothing outstanding about the job or the coworkers. There isn't much good or bad to say about Almost Family except their corporate office is out of touch with their local offices.
Pros
Uneventful place to work
Cons
Uneventful place to work
company went out of business
Companion (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 18, 2017
went out of business but the job was enjoyment working with the clients.i did my hardest work with the clients by having them enjoy working with me. it was a good company but sadly will miss the staff.
Pros
working with the clients
Cons
not enough hours
Corrupt
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 16, 2017
This company takes advantage of hospice patients and their families. Administration is corrupt and only concerned about census. Lies to families and delivers empty promises. Upper management engaged in illegal behavior which is swept under the rug for the sake of money. Stay far far away.
very enjoyable workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 10, 2017
Very flexible and understanding with their employees! the hours were reasonable and the work was very satisfying because you get to see the difference you're making for the residents.
Pros
fulfilling job
Cons
Not many hours
Poorly managed, overstaffed, poor moral
Rehab (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 8, 2017
Working at Almost Family was a negative experience. Health insurance is way too high. Management is poor and no one seemed to be of assistance. The director has her favorites and if your not one of them then you get little respect. Management overstaffed and/or struggles to find a balance in staff so that current staff stays busy. This job creates a level of anxiety and stress that was unhealthy. The best part of the job was working with the patients
Pros
Working with the patients
Cons
Management, health insurance
Rewarding Job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYNovember 7, 2017
Almost Family looks out for their employees. They seem to not have enough help in the corporate office for the amount of branches they have They are very successful at putting the patients first. Being able to keep patients out of the hospital and providing care in their home is rewarding. The go to agency in the Hudson valley.
Pros
3 weeks vacation after 1 year
Cons
Beneifits are a little expensive
Friendly atmosphere
Companion & Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 5, 2017
Working for almost family was a great experience all around the office staff is so friendly and caring
The clients are sweet and amazing management is great as well as understanding.
great job
HHA / CNA / Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66604November 4, 2017
they gave me plenty of hours to learn the health care field hands on. The staff was understanding and worked with their team very well.had lots of one on one with clients.
Pros
one on one environment
Cons
lots of traveling low gas reimbursement
High integrity company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Western PAOctober 31, 2017
I've worked for OMNI for almost 16 years. I plan on retiring from here someday. With so much changing in health care, I find it refreshing to work for a company that maintains good core values. I'm a very competitive person and I leave everyday wanting to do more! I feel very much part of a team and honored to serve the elderly population.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very competitive
Home Care
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILOctober 23, 2017
RN clinical manager to a group of field nursing staff to provide quality nursing care to patients in their private homes or assisted living centers. It was a busy workplace that allowed for autonomy in my daily job. The director was fair and reliable. The staff was supportive & available.
Pros
staff
Cons
being let go because of mid-management cut backs
Its a good job for any nurse who is independent and self directed
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 18, 2017
It would be nice if AF recognized their employees on nurses week, therapist week, for the holiday this companies focus is on productivity not quality.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Still shaking my head
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 17, 2017
The office staff and the field staff for the office were wonderful. The upper management was out dated and ill-equipped to supervise anyone. The training was awful. The focus was not patient care. It was manipulating the paperwork for CMS. I didn't mind the work because everyone seem to work together to get it completed. The final straw was terminating a cancer patient without any write ups to save on the insurance. Then fired her supervisor because she wouldn't do it.
Pros
Benefits, pay, great coworkers
Cons
upper management questionable ethics.
Poor
Home Health Aide Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 17, 2017
Inadequate training which resulted in inadequate performance for which you are held responsible. - favoritism among employees . Work expectations are very unreasonable for the salaries provided.
knowing at the end of the day you helped people live in a clean enviroment.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 16, 2017
-you get to work at your pace.

-work with clients making sure they live in a clean environment.

-you can make your own working times.

-you work by yourself.
Pros
getting to work with people who count on your assistance
Cons
put alot of miles on your vehicle, dont make enough money to keep vehicle in good condition
unorganized, dishonest, lacks professionalism, and low standard of care
HOME HEALTH RN (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TN 37160October 13, 2017
Almost family is absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. I would not recommend it to my enemy. I'm not a disgruntled employee. I have been a nurse a long time, and I was debating about continuing in health care if Almost family is what the new standard of care.
Pros
Cons
to numerous to count
overrall ok place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 12, 2017
Assisted mentally and physically disabled individuals with daily living skills. The pay was ok and some employees were ok. Besides lack of hours a good place to work.
Good Company
PRN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 11, 2017
Almost Family is a great company to work for, I am PRN but I do enjoy working there. The staff is friendly and efficient in serving their clients. overall I am pleased
I was not a fan
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAOctober 10, 2017
Working in someones home as a certified nurse was not an ideal job. I am willing to take care of the patients, but I do not want to be a house maid as well. You had a set pay rate, as a CNA you only made $7.25.
Almost Family
Certified Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 8, 2017
Excellent place to work and would recommend to others. Case manager of several patients in their homes providing skilled nursing care. The hardest part of job is there is a lot of driving, A typical day includes seeing approximately 6 pts a day with various medical issues such as wounds, ostomies, patients that need cardiopulmonary assessments and med teaching. Please defer to my resume regarding job skills
Pros
One on one with patients
Cons
Lot of paper work and lot of follow-up calls after day is over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9