ALMOST FAMILY

ALMOST FAMILY Employer Reviews

NICE PLACE TO WORK
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2014
I LOVE THE TIME I SPENT AT ALMOST FAMILY , THE HAVE A GREAT TEAM .THEY REALLY DO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY
Felt supported by the administrative team
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 4, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduled
Cons: all hour were prn based
looking forward for a place like that, its nurturing
most enjoyable and secured to work.
Management always ready to assist as needed
enjoyable and fmaily orientated enviornment to work in
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), 5579 Pearl rd Braodview ohioSeptember 4, 2014
great starting point in my career and family orientated environment
Excellent Company, Quality Care & Staff, Patient Comes First
Billing and Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 1, 2014
Pros: people, variety of job tasks
Cons: position eliminated
Always working with billing, posting, receivables, collections, and claims that had been returned due to error. Enjoyed researching the claims being returned so we could resubmit for payment. Co-workers worked as a team. Hardest part was volume of work- enjoyable part was variety of tasks and always kept you busy.
On organized process of working
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 29, 2014
Cons: not stable
I didn't enjoy working for this company, the management of this company wasn't prepared on what they wanted to say, do, or act and I was quite confusing.
Strong company, terrible location...
Employee (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 17, 2014
This review is strictly Columbus, OH location specific...I'll start with the positives: 1. Nurses, most therapists, marketers and office staff were hard working, compassionate, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond the call of duty without much recognition or appreciation. 2. Compensation and benefits were fair and competitive. 3. The framework and – more... support from corporate seems to be available for this location to be successful and provide an enriching work environment.

Professional negatives (I have several personal but won't elaborate): 1. In 2 months both the clinical manager and nurse administrator resigned leaving behind chaos. 2. Communication between administration and clinical staff was very poor and therefore resulted in poor customer service. 3. At times, staff had to travel over 150 miles per day, sometimes over 50 miles for one patient, due to the extreme coverage area and lack of PRN assistance. 4. Unrealistic productivity standards with this type of coverage. 5. Lengthy meetings for which we were not compensated. 6. Under appreciation for outstanding clinical staff and their skills.

There is so much more but please, if you are an experienced clinician I would strongly reconsider applying for a position with this company. I have 17 years of experience in a variety of settings and have never been as unhappy as I was at this location. – less
Different but nice work environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Shaker Heights, OHJuly 14, 2014
Pros: i never encountered aproblem with my clients
Cons: pay rate
Typical day at work taking care of clients in the comfort of their homes
I learned different things about each client I had
Management was exceptional booking you clients
I didn't have any co-workers
The hardest part of the job is the client not wanting to do what they are suppose to do in order to stay healthy
The most enjoyable part of the job is – more... interacting with different clients – less
Cannot Support a family
CNA (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYMay 23, 2014
Pros: can make your own schedule
Cons: no hours
I was only getting 8 hours a week, with this company you are not guaranteed any hours. No-one can live like that.
Exciting new clients always available
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2014
This company helped making my job enjoyable. There is always someone there to help me day or night. The work is not to overwhelming.
Very friendly and upbeat staff
Home Health Agency Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 2, 2014
Pros: weekly paychek
Cons: no health insurance
Great place to work, poor benefits for employees, staff members are great to work with and are friendly.
This is the first job of this nature I had. I obviously thought highly enough of it that when I had to move to NY, I sought out something similar.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Arbutus, MDApril 29, 2014
Pros: friendly, helpful eenvironment
Cons: payrate
Almost Family was a very good and caring company. Active Day bought out the company and, although the average day at the center didn't change that drastically, suddenly supplies were hard to get and the extremely welcoming air of the place began to change.
productive work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), beachwood OhioApril 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible as far as work hours
Cons: n/a
i went to clients home and assisted the client with daily life skills and personal care
nice job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: pay every week
Cons: no breaks
go to a patients house help them with care such as showering,cooking meals
Fantastic place to work
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 28, 2014
Pros: felxible schedule, great pay!
Cons: driving in the snow
Caring and professional environment. Management approachable and care about your success. Co-workers are amazing and helpful. The work schedule is flexible. What I appreciate most is the clients I serve.
Poor communication, Nice Clients, Poor Management
CNA (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLMarch 14, 2014
Pros: nice clients
Cons: poor pay & poor mangement
No Bonus, No Overtime Pay, Min. Wage
Some co workers are Back stabbers
organized, friendly
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 10, 2014
Pros: christmas luncheon gift
Cons: benefits are poor
Pay is competitive. Self insured so will not be happy if you are hurt on the job. Benefits are practically none.
They were flexible on hours and you could get as many hours as you wanted.
STNA (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: getting to know new people.
Cons: gasoline prices and pay.
A typical day at work would be driving to my scheduled destination and caring for an individual. You worked alone most of the time. The hardest part of the job was lifting. Getting to know new people was enjoyable.
n/a
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2014
I didn't to much care for this company they were unprofessional the only good thing about them was the fact that they paid me other than that my clients were great i enjoyed all of them.
If there were more staff it would be great.
Not disclosed (Former Employee), Edgewood, KYFebruary 5, 2014
Understaffed and overloaded. There is no room for Advancement unless you go to Nursing school. Very stressful and not much appreciation. Expectations are way beyond actualization. No rewards for field staff or raises.
Excellent opportunity to help seniors
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Shaker Heights, OHJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: discounted training program
Cons: short breaks
Best place to gain skills, knowledge and experience to proceed and becoming a professional health care assistant

1 2 3

About ALMOST FAMILY

Almost Family, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFAM) founded in 1976, is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care – Read more