Almost Family Employee Reviews

very productive and interesting place to work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 7, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company they make you feel like a part of them they welcome you as a family and treat you with kindness and respect. great management.
Pros
amazing
Cons
can't think of any
not guraneed hours
LPN (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TNDecember 6, 2017
Its a nice place to work , management are friendly , and work with you. LIke any home health , you are not promised hours, and you have to travel. over all is a good place to work .
The is a nice company to work for if you dont care to traveling all the time
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 6, 2017
This company was very good to me when I needed off or sick they worked with me if I needed more hour they would help but the traveling on the road from Lexington to Richmond to Lawrencburg just got old and gas was high at that time you go to elderly home to care for them baths,meds, dressing them clean their house ,
Pros
Peolpe were nice
Cons
To much traveling
Very poor
Cardiopulmonary Services (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37043December 5, 2017
The staffing arrangements are very poor. There are very long wait times for VERY SICK patients. they cannot keep management staff due to the high staff turnover
Pros
Poor
Cons
Poor
Working a live in schedule
HHA (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work includes getting clients ready in the morning by giving them baths, grooming, cooking, feeding and taking them to appointments.
There was no particular culture since it is just me and the client in their homes
people are nice
stna home health (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 4, 2017
Hardest part of job ,not enough hours, I enjoy meeting people, management ,lack of communication, the people are nice and friendly.we get paid every week, not every two
Pros
paid every wk
Cons
not getting enough hours
Loved my coworkers; friendly
Staff RN/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 28, 2017
Home health is rewarding as it relates to direct patient care but difficult in that productivity quotas don't relate to patient needs. 8 patients/ 8 hours plus travel time doesn't add up and creates pressure to cut time spent with patients.
Pros
Direct time with patients; some autonomy
Cons
productivity quotas; long hours; travel time
Fiscal disaster with no assistance from management
Agency Director (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHNovember 20, 2017
The company was in in chaos when I was hired. Fiscal disaster. Extremely low staffing. Patients not getting services. Upper management would not allow more hiring to assist in getting services completed in the office.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad benefits, expensive health insurance, long hours, unrealistic expectations
Almost Family
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 19, 2017
Clients are great and the best part of the job. Communication from office has room for improvement. Pay and hours are fair. They regularly offer overtime.
hello
Bather/Groomer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2017
good to work in, fun, safe and enjoyable.

Competitive role, good start of pay and made you feel welcomed from the moment you started your role. I think its a great place
Mediocre company, mediocre pay
Clinical Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Godfrey, ILNovember 19, 2017
Almost family is a mediocre place to work. Nothing outstanding about the job or the coworkers. There isn't much good or bad to say about Almost Family except their corporate office is out of touch with their local offices.
Pros
Uneventful place to work
Cons
Uneventful place to work
company went out of business
Companion (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 18, 2017
went out of business but the job was enjoyment working with the clients.i did my hardest work with the clients by having them enjoy working with me. it was a good company but sadly will miss the staff.
Pros
working with the clients
Cons
not enough hours
Corrupt
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 16, 2017
This company takes advantage of hospice patients and their families. Administration is corrupt and only concerned about census. Lies to families and delivers empty promises. Upper management engaged in illegal behavior which is swept under the rug for the sake of money. Stay far far away.
very enjoyable workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 10, 2017
Very flexible and understanding with their employees! the hours were reasonable and the work was very satisfying because you get to see the difference you're making for the residents.
Pros
fulfilling job
Cons
Not many hours
Poorly managed, overstaffed, poor moral
Rehab (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 8, 2017
Working at Almost Family was a negative experience. Health insurance is way too high. Management is poor and no one seemed to be of assistance. The director has her favorites and if your not one of them then you get little respect. Management overstaffed and/or struggles to find a balance in staff so that current staff stays busy. This job creates a level of anxiety and stress that was unhealthy. The best part of the job was working with the patients
Pros
Working with the patients
Cons
Management, health insurance
Rewarding Job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYNovember 7, 2017
Almost Family looks out for their employees. They seem to not have enough help in the corporate office for the amount of branches they have They are very successful at putting the patients first. Being able to keep patients out of the hospital and providing care in their home is rewarding. The go to agency in the Hudson valley.
Pros
3 weeks vacation after 1 year
Cons
Beneifits are a little expensive
Friendly atmosphere
Companion & Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 5, 2017
Working for almost family was a great experience all around the office staff is so friendly and caring
The clients are sweet and amazing management is great as well as understanding.
great job
HHA / CNA / Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66604November 4, 2017
they gave me plenty of hours to learn the health care field hands on. The staff was understanding and worked with their team very well.had lots of one on one with clients.
Pros
one on one environment
Cons
lots of traveling low gas reimbursement
High integrity company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Western PAOctober 31, 2017
I've worked for OMNI for almost 16 years. I plan on retiring from here someday. With so much changing in health care, I find it refreshing to work for a company that maintains good core values. I'm a very competitive person and I leave everyday wanting to do more! I feel very much part of a team and honored to serve the elderly population.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very competitive
Home Care
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILOctober 23, 2017
RN clinical manager to a group of field nursing staff to provide quality nursing care to patients in their private homes or assisted living centers. It was a busy workplace that allowed for autonomy in my daily job. The director was fair and reliable. The staff was supportive & available.
Pros
staff
Cons
being let go because of mid-management cut backs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9