Almost Family Employee Reviews

RUN don't walk
Associate (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 21, 2016
Overall ok place to work. Local employees nice and work hard. Lousy upper management. Think they are above the people who make the company. Not nice, not friendly to office staff. No communication between upper management and offices. No raises no loyalty. Often heard "there's the door". RUN
Pros
Nice office staff
Cons
Lousy benefits, no raises, no loyalty
Pros and Cons
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chilton, WIOctober 25, 2016
They are very flexible with your schedule if needed, but very inconsistent with amount of hours. They also change your schedule constantly! They say you'll get a raise after a year but there is always some excuse why it never happens.
No yearly raises . The cost for Health insurance is exrptremely high
LPN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 10, 2016
Does not have the best compensation/ benefits. Does have Flexible scheduling though. Willcarecwas bought by Almost family and was made out to be a Positive change but it really put a burden on a number if empkoyees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no raises
Great ppl and clients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 6, 2016
My first job and really enjoyed working for them. No raise though. Flexible, close to home, but the money isn't enough. Friendly staff.
The best nursing job I have ever had!
RN (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 5, 2016
Being a RN since the 1970's has enabled me to be employed by several Home Health Care agencies. Caretenders is by far one of the best companies that I have worked for! Management is very supportive and understanding. The company has been very accommodating and supportive which has enhanced my desire to continue employment here.
Pros
Great work environment and supportive management team
Cons
None at this time
Good staff , Reliable , and always has a job to offer
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2017
They've been helping me renew all of my CEU's for the past 11 years.
A typical day would be very busy but productive. The staff is really nice , and hardworking . The management team was very helpful , and fair . They listened to the employees if we had an issue ,and actually took care of it for us. I enjoyed working for Almost Family for 11 years . i would recommend anyone to work there.
miserable work enviroment sad place to work
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40223June 20, 2016
Managent is awful Accounts Receivable Dept corporate level, very nasty rude unprofessional and degrading to their staff. The turn over is unbelievable here, as soon as I can get out I will never look back, not even when riding pass this place will I look over here at the building.
Pros
Cons
no raises, no incentives, no bonus, no annual reviews, no nothing just nasty people running the show
Decent place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNNovember 6, 2016
Not a bad place to work. The company is a good company. Want to do right by their patients. It's the management that gets in the way. Not all the managers but some. Started out as a very supportive company but gradually let into a micromanaging company. Don't think it was the company, just some individuals that were in management
Productive Environment/ Bad management
Nursing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 24, 2017
I loved working for Almost Family. It wasn't until there were new management and director positions filled that it started failing in my opinion as a company.
Pros
very friendly / work family environment
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, KYJanuary 2, 2017
hard working staff/great management/dedicated employees who are devoted to quality patient care. I have learned a great deal in the past two years, primarily from the ohio county office
Friendly environment that showed lots of love
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day at work was fun because I love seeing people smile and having a great day. I learned that just a little time out of my day can make a big difference and have a huge influential impact on someone else. The management was very nice, respectful, and considerate of others. I rarely seen any of the co-workers unless it was on Friday and we would briefly hold conversations about the day and how each other were doing. I would say the hardest part of the job would be times when I would have to leave while the most enjoyable part is seeing everyone's face again.
Pros
Exciting to work with all types of cultures
Cons
Not enough hours as I would rather be at one place for the whole day
Playing bingo.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 28, 2016
I love my work, because it is fulfilling at the end of the day, when you hear your client thanking you for what you do for them. Realizing you are making someone's life a little easier as you render help to them every day. That has been my experience and I will forever cherish the opportunities to do just that.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
N/A
NIce
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Good company good pay very nice people to work with love my job there it was wonderful overall. Great Benefits you will ove working here
ok mplace to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 19, 2016
Worked as needed. Did want fulltime, was promised fulltime. Friend of a co-worker quit cause wanted full time, then rehired her full time, I just expressed my feelings, don't work there didn't get fired just no patients for me to see they said .
Pros
flexability
Cons
not being honest about job placement when i have done anything they asked
Almost Family
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 18, 2017
Home health aide, operate cleaning supplies, washing dishes, check blood pressure, prepared meals, clean, wash clothing, run errands, grocery shop, transport to doctor appointments,
Pros
Reasonable lunch breaks
Cons
Anytime lunch breaks
Great at-home care and a friendly certified nursing assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2016
Senior love to be at-home with their family, friends, and pets. So by providing and in-home nursing assistance, this can give more freedom to move about with out the restrictions of a nursing home.
Different homes.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHDecember 2, 2016
When I first start working here I was in a good place going into people homes. Almost Family help me get over that feeling. Going in people home made me understand more about how the residents feel going into a long care facility.
Cons
need better pay.
fun place and friendly
Homemaker/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New London, CTDecember 12, 2016
it is an okay job just not a lot of work from them , I took care of clients which was an experienced for me and it help me get put thru school for my license
benifecial to familys in need of care
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 22, 2016
easy going helpful to clients, learned how be patient in caring for others and reassuring that the client get the proper car as needed
Very good company to work for.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2016
Very comfortable atmosphere. Worked mostly independently on my responsible payers or new projects. Shared new trends with co-workers to keep cohesiveness and consistency. Glad to problem solve for accounts that had misapplied payments, which makes our clients more at ease with billing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8