Almost Family Employee Reviews

tired of these review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 26, 2017
you ask if i want to write a review but you give no choose but to. i worked in clients homes it was a fun experanice. know i need a job so i can prosper and get a place for me and my son tired of living with ex.
Workplace
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 22, 2017
Good hours and flexible with family life. Staff is friendly and willing to help whenever they can. There is quite a bit of travel involved so be prepared to drive.
Employees are like family, made some life long friends
Management of clinical emergencies (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2017
Upper management promoted from within and not prepared for the new challenges of the job.
Employees are like family, made some life long friends
Behind the times related to technology and IT support
Do not value employees
Administrator (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 14, 2017
Company does not value employees. Sales and money focus over patients or staff. Poor work life balance company expects staff to have no life and work all the time for little compensation
Typical home health agancy.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAMarch 11, 2017
Most of the people that worked in my particular office were nice hard working people, but as there is anywhere there were a few malcontents, People clearly favored by upper management because they were friends or they brought in a lot of patient referrals that complained more than worked and were rarely disciplined for routine things that the majority of the staff were (tardy to meetings, turning in documentation late etc.). Other than the office culture it was like any other VNA.
Pros
freedom of schedule
Cons
Poor office culture.
Flexible with work and life
Homehealth Aide (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working the different type of cases and the different clients. Clients were pleasant to work with. Staff was pleasant and approachable if there was an issue. Communication between the aide and the scheduler was a bit confusing and played phone tag a bit. Once the schedule got resolved, it worked perfectly with my life schedule and school schedule.
Pros
friendly and approachable staff
Cons
communication issues
A great place to work
Director of Nurses (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARMarch 5, 2017
I enjoyed the experience of working in Home Health and the patients which were assigned to me. Great atmosphere and able to schedule my patients I saw.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Too far to drive to work
Home health nursing as LPN during college for RN
Florida while going to college for my RN license (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLMarch 4, 2017
Omni Homecare is a medium sized organization. The management includes supportive and open leadership. In services where held frequently on new equipment or treatment guidelines.
A typical day: we get supplies from the clinic according to needs of patients needs. Drive to patient's residences, assess, treat, teach and communicate. The independence in this job was very encouraging and building self esteem. I can not come up with a negative part at that setting at all.
Pros
Some independence, gain of experience and sense of support by management
Cons
It's not good when your car breaks down
Field Nurse
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 2, 2017
Many miles of driving to get from one patient to another. After eight hours of seeing patient, still have paperwork or computer charting to do. Paid by visit not by hour.
Pros
Patient
Cons
Paid by visit
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 25, 2017
Making sure that each resident room is clean and make sure that we assist them in they Adl's, take vitals, and make sure that each patient needs are meet
Good environment
Clinical Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYFebruary 23, 2017
I enjoyed my duties as a CTA. My duties included but not limited to date entry, HR tasks, receptionists tasks. I even helped the DPS do some of her reports on a daily basis.
Pros
Enjoy the coworkers
Cons
the turn over is awful because of certain people that are not professional
Good Place to work, Friendly and Fun
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99202February 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. Everyone I worked with treated me with respect and dignity. Too large of area to cover. I put 5000 miles on my car per Month.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Too large of a territory, put to many miles on my car in a short amount of time.
nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Good friendly work environment. Good competitive rates. low staff turn over. electronic medical records are user friendly. excellent orientation of new employees
Pros
location
Cons
oay
Almost Family
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 18, 2017
Home health aide, operate cleaning supplies, washing dishes, check blood pressure, prepared meals, clean, wash clothing, run errands, grocery shop, transport to doctor appointments,
Pros
Reasonable lunch breaks
Cons
Anytime lunch breaks
good experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50266February 10, 2017
overall it was a good experience

I learned that hospice was my calling and what I loved to do.

Daily case load ranged from 8-12 patients , driving a lot

Get to be your own boss and do your own thing

Hardest job: caring too much and becoming attached to the people you are caring for.
Pros
good group of family -like co workers to work with
Cons
didn't always see the other side of the story
Home health rocks
Clinical Supervisor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Great team environment with wonderful patients. Nurses are not on computer yet. Lots of paperwork. Company provides excellent educational opportunities.
Caldwell
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 5, 2017
Small facility, staff is great. Not a great place for clinical bc of the low pt ratio, which isn't a bad thing.. just makes learning difficult. They have a lot of great programs to offer their community.
Pros
team work
Cons
small
fun job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNFebruary 2, 2017
i loved working here. no benefits tho. and they work you to death cause of short staff. needs improvement in managing skills. people are nice tho. very enjoyable
management was not good
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Management was horrible, constantly changing. They eventually closed down the branch I was working in, laid everyone off. Paper charting was method of documentation. Poor orientation. Large territory to cover.
Good staff , Reliable , and always has a job to offer
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2017
They've been helping me renew all of my CEU's for the past 11 years.
A typical day would be very busy but productive. The staff is really nice , and hardworking . The management team was very helpful , and fair . They listened to the employees if we had an issue ,and actually took care of it for us. I enjoyed working for Almost Family for 11 years . i would recommend anyone to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9