Almost Family

Almost Family Employee Reviews

fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 17, 2015
it was fun place to work only problem they didnt report i worked for them to the lience department so i have to get receriftied
Not the best!
Accounting Administration Clerk/Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2015
The technology is far from up-to-date. The employees are nice; however, the management structure and leadership is lacking.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Work becomes life
Meet a lot of Different People
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYNovember 22, 2015
Clients range from private pay to Vets to Medicare Waiver.
Clean a variety of houses/ apartments with a variety of people. Some keep their home very nice while others are junked up.
Case Managers usually back you up.
Cons
No benifits
Great Place
HHA/STNA (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Hts OhioOctober 22, 2015
This was a great place to work, the only reason why I left was because my clients had passed away, and they didn't have another client near me, and I couldn't wait for them to find anything.
Great place to meet different people, not so great with treatment of employee's
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 4, 2015
I love working as a CNA or anything that involves helping the elderly or people in general(general care). I loved being able to make my own schedule and being able to go to my clients house so i could give them care in a comfortable environment for them. The management was fantastic, they were always so nice and understanding in everything. I never had a problem with them personally or anything that they needed me to do. If they were to give me a fulltime position or schedule I would've loved it but sadly I was working other jobs.
Senior living
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 28, 2015
The company mission is to provide all clients with the optimal quality of life. The company services client across the 50 states.
I love my client I've been working with.
HHA (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 10, 2015
The company itself could communicate better and I wish there were benefits to look forward to but there isn't. I just need some more recognition and to be able to build on something.
they dont care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 20, 2015
At Almost Family they don't care about their employees or their clients. as long the client was alive at the end of the shift who cares. was their attitude and don't work over and expect to get paid for it.
great
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 14, 2015
this company is family orientated , it has a lot of benefits for you as a family. a great place to work for. it will pay for you to go back to school for nursing
Pros
time off
Cons
nothing
Unstable environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYAugust 6, 2015
In the caregiving line of work, you have to truly love the people you care for to be a successful caregiver. Your heart must be 100% in this job. As an employee of a caregiving agency, you do not have the time or ability to create the bond that I wish to have with my clients. I much prefer 1 or 2 clients, and the freedom to give them the love and attention they each deserve and in some cases crave.

I did not like the travel between clients. I ran all around NKY caring for people and was only able to spend 1 to 2 hours at each location. Most of my clients were waiver clients, therefore not allowing me to give them the quality care I felt they deserved.
Accounting Administrator and Staff Accountant
Accounting Administration Clerk/Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KyJuly 23, 2015
At work I attend to the needs of the Director of Accounting and the Vice President of Accounts Receivable. This includes depositing all the checks for the business as well as helping with occasional Accounting Projects. My staff accounting responsibilities have included closing the Professional Fees, Payroll and Vacation accounts for the business. I have learned to use VLookUps, Pivot tables and run queries involving information from multiple informational systems. The hardest part of my job was and is the lack of training with respect to my specific duties. This is also the most enjoyable part of my job because I face a challenge every day at work.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Long hours and lack of training
DAYS OF INTERESTING STORIES
HHA (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJuly 18, 2015
A lot of my time was spent doing the basic everyday activities of day to day, listening while they told me about their lives and families. Fixing meals and making sure their medicine was taken. My co-workers were seen at the end of shift and reported the daily routine of the day. The hardest part of the job was having to say goodbye when they had to go to a nursing facility. The enjoyable part was I took care of elderly, veterans and children who could not do for themselves.
Pros
Learning about people
Cons
Having a client pass away
what i like most about home care
LPN home care (Current Employee) –  akron, ohioJuly 16, 2015
At first I liked my freedom to work flexible hours. I like getting up early and taking time off was a lot easier. the hardest part is driving in bad weather. I enjoyed meeting clients in there home settings which was better for them. I learned how to appreciate difficult situations that happened occasionally that required nursing skills and managed to work through them. I really love helping others and knowing that I can make a difference.
Pros
can make own hrs for the most part.
Cons
alot of driving
Celebrations such as birthdays/holidays were numerous
Patient care manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJune 30, 2015
Work was enjoyable when there was a full staff present, which was rate; management needed to be a little bit stronger as more help was needed; co-workers were knowledgeable and fun; the hardest part was not feeling appreciated; we were always told that we were, but actions speak louder than words; I really enjoyed going to work.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Needed more help and salary, in comparison to other comparative jobs of same or similar duties, was low.
Corporate managers are horrible
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 15, 2015
I wouldn't recommend working for this company. When you ask questions Corporate doesn't like, they make it difficult to continue working.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Corporate sucks
Poor place to work
CNA/HHA/PCA (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 3, 2015
I do not have anything good to say about this company. Poorly manage and really don't care about the clients or employees.
Pros
Cons
Don't work there
Did not like working her at all
Companion/Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 27, 2015
They do not care about there employees
I learned that the company does not have an employee that has not been there for more then 2 years
It was and ok job it was just something to get me by to take care of my children .
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2015
the job was ok the people was ok and the pay sucked the clients needed more care then the company was willing to give the schedulers was rude and didn't really want to help the workers .
Fun place to work, with good and supportive people.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2015
It gave me a feel of working for a publicly traded company and getting involved in SEC quarterly filings was an interesting experience.
I enjoy working at Almost Family, I've worked with the same people for a long time and i really feel like family.
liaison to address clients concerns to appropriate (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Working in Home health care, I get to learn different cultures and the order in which people live there lives. I feel thankful that Im able to help each resident stay in there homes and get the help they need.