Almost Family Employee Reviews

Home health nursing as LPN during college for RN
Florida while going to college for my RN license (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLMarch 4, 2017
Omni Homecare is a medium sized organization. The management includes supportive and open leadership. In services where held frequently on new equipment or treatment guidelines.
A typical day: we get supplies from the clinic according to needs of patients needs. Drive to patient's residences, assess, treat, teach and communicate. The independence in this job was very encouraging and building self esteem. I can not come up with a negative part at that setting at all.
Pros
Some independence, gain of experience and sense of support by management
Cons
It's not good when your car breaks down
Typical home health agancy.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAMarch 11, 2017
Most of the people that worked in my particular office were nice hard working people, but as there is anywhere there were a few malcontents, People clearly favored by upper management because they were friends or they brought in a lot of patient referrals that complained more than worked and were rarely disciplined for routine things that the majority of the staff were (tardy to meetings, turning in documentation late etc.). Other than the office culture it was like any other VNA.
Pros
freedom of schedule
Cons
Poor office culture.
Flexible with work and life
Homehealth Aide (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working the different type of cases and the different clients. Clients were pleasant to work with. Staff was pleasant and approachable if there was an issue. Communication between the aide and the scheduler was a bit confusing and played phone tag a bit. Once the schedule got resolved, it worked perfectly with my life schedule and school schedule.
Pros
friendly and approachable staff
Cons
communication issues
work long hours, no breaks, no lunch
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2017
If your looking for a job where you get self satisfaction by performing great nursing care, this is the job for you. Don't expect to get a lunch break, bathroom break or recognition from your manager for a job well done. Work 10-16 hr days, 6-7 days a week. Your patients will tell you how much they appreciate you. This is what will keep you going. After 25 yrs in home heath and years with this organization, I speak from experience.
Good staff , Reliable , and always has a job to offer
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2017
They've been helping me renew all of my CEU's for the past 11 years.
A typical day would be very busy but productive. The staff is really nice , and hardworking . The management team was very helpful , and fair . They listened to the employees if we had an issue ,and actually took care of it for us. I enjoyed working for Almost Family for 11 years . i would recommend anyone to work there.
Great Staff - Team Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYJanuary 7, 2017
This is not an easy job. That said - it is a fulfilling job and if you are dedicated and able to be autonomous it is a wonderful place to work. The team in the Lake Katrine/Kingston office is cohesive and dedicated to the success of their employees. The computer program is designed to include all aspects of charting and is driven to be inclusive of information necessary to have a full picture of the client. The flexibility of being in the community is a huge bonus. If you are looking for flexibility, but are willing to work hard too, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility, team work, dedication to patient care
Cons
Intensive Documentation - which is everywhere
good experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50266February 10, 2017
overall it was a good experience

I learned that hospice was my calling and what I loved to do.

Daily case load ranged from 8-12 patients , driving a lot

Get to be your own boss and do your own thing

Hardest job: caring too much and becoming attached to the people you are caring for.
Pros
good group of family -like co workers to work with
Cons
didn't always see the other side of the story
compassionate company
CNA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my time with this company, they are dedicated to both their patients and their employees. They have several advancement opportunities within the company and work hard to support each staff member to make them successful.
Pros
competative benefits, advancement opportunities, amazing leadership
Cons
working six days a week, accruing Paid time off slowly
The best nursing job I have ever had!
RN (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 5, 2016
Being a RN since the 1970's has enabled me to be employed by several Home Health Care agencies. Caretenders is by far one of the best companies that I have worked for! Management is very supportive and understanding. The company has been very accommodating and supportive which has enhanced my desire to continue employment here.
Pros
Great work environment and supportive management team
Cons
None at this time
Independent work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 22, 2016
Home health nursing with developmental disabled adults in their homes.
Company is easy to work for, flexible hours, work the hours and see the number of clients that you want to see.
Typical visit includes head to toe assessment, vital signs, medication administration, treatments and documentation.
This is a new position for me, I always worked in nursing homes before. I really love this form of nursing. You actually get to spend time with the clients.
Not where you want to work.
HHA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Most clients were great people and that is the only upside to the job. The scheduling staff is horrible. They constantly lie to clients and will leave you having to explain to clients simple things that scheduling should have handled. They don't pay much and their turn over rate is extremely high!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Playing bingo.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 28, 2016
I love my work, because it is fulfilling at the end of the day, when you hear your client thanking you for what you do for them. Realizing you are making someone's life a little easier as you render help to them every day. That has been my experience and I will forever cherish the opportunities to do just that.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
N/A
Very chill office environment
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 21, 2016
I have only worked here for three weeks but here goes. This place is wonderful to work in. Coworkers are nice people and each person gets their own computer desk area. Hardest part of the job is the monotony of the work but it's worth it because of weekly pay. They have luncheons during holidays and every once in awhile.
Pros
The whole environment
Cons
Monotony of work
No profit for employees
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Ally of driving and miles and wear and tear on ur own personal vehicle no advancement.. just a number to the company as well as there clients. Very little heart in it
Pros
Get close to the elderly clients. Become their companion
Cons
Lose clients cause they pass. Way too much drive time not enough gas money
Good Place to work, Friendly and Fun
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99202February 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. Everyone I worked with treated me with respect and dignity. Too large of area to cover. I put 5000 miles on my car per Month.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Too large of a territory, put to many miles on my car in a short amount of time.
Find another agency for better pay.
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 19, 2016
Be careful before agreeing to a full time position. You will be expected to see patients beyond normal working hours, and over a usual full time quota. You will be told you only need to meet a certain amount of visits. You will be constantly be pressured to see more patients. If you do not, you will be told you are not meeting your expectations as a full time nurse, and to step down to per diem. . .then upper management will be contacted. They could care less about your free time. The administrator has been there only a few months, and she is leaving soon...and the job for full time nurse manager position has been open for months! Salaries below average and overtime not paid.
Pros
The patients...
Cons
Pay, management.
Solid environment to professionally develop and learn in.
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 16, 2016
Focused on meeting new clients and increasing brand awareness for our home services to various facilities and provider offices. Meet with families and patients to discuss services, address questions, and coordinate services with other providers to support our clients needs.
Vey Nice, Out Going Clients,
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 23, 2016
Staff will arrival to clients house and greet clients. I like to ask if clients need of a assistants of anything that I can help with. As well learning about Clients. Clients like when staff are out going nice also staff that cook, clean, keep of a company of clients. Co workers are nice. commination is key.
Nice place to work
PCA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 30, 2016
Overall I love working for willcare they are very understanding and flexibility is great.if you won't more time you get it with no problem if you don't won't work somewhere they make it convenient and find another client to work for with no problem I just think its a very nice family work place.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Brakes
I enjoyed my time here
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2016
Ingenios was my first job as a Nurse Practitioner. It was a good stepping stone, in that I was able to really practice doing H&Ps thoroughly, and became very familiar with the management of chronic illnesses and how to educate people about these illnesses. The company offers A good service offered for members, most people seemed to appreciate and enjoy their visits. If you like change and excitement, this may not be the job for you, but if you like going to work and knowing what you will be doing that day, this job is perfect!
Pros
Doing home visits get you out of the traditional office setting
Cons
Could have long drive distances on some days, but mileage was reimbursed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9