ALMOST FAMILY

ALMOST FAMILY United States Employee Reviews

Did not like working her at all
Companion/Homemaker (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTMarch 27, 2015
They do not care about there employees
I learned that the company does not have an employee that has not been there for more then 2 years
It was and ok job it was just something to get me by to take care of my children .
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2015
the job was ok the people was ok and the pay sucked the clients needed more care then the company was willing to give the schedulers was rude and didn't really want to help the workers .
Fun place to work, with good and supportive people.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2015
It gave me a feel of working for a publicly traded company and getting involved in SEC quarterly filings was an interesting experience.
I enjoy working at Almost Family, I've worked with the same people for a long time and i really feel like family.
liaison to address clients concerns to appropriate (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Working in Home health care, I get to learn different cultures and the order in which people live there lives. I feel thankful that Im able to help each resident stay in there homes and get the help they need.
Great management, very rewarding!
RN manager (Current Employee), canton, ohioNovember 17, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: insurance
i love my job at almost family. Always feel appreciated! Willing to work with you and teach you what you need to know.
NOTHING LIKE FAMILY
Homecare Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Shaker Hts., OHNovember 15, 2014
Cons: unrealistic expectaions without compensation.
Administration is rude and insensitive to staff's efforts to advocate for patients. Always hiring when no cases available. EXTREMELY highly nursing turnover.
going above and beyond
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2014
Pros: lending a helping hand to someone in need
Cons: not enough team work
A typical day at work for me would be the same thing i would do for myself at home but im providing assistants to indivuals who cant help themselves. I learned alot especially how to humble myself. when im at work im my own boos until i need help with something that is out of the scope of my position. for the most part my co-workers are hardworkers but you do have those who need help and help and i help them witch gets that job done faster but accurately.the most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on someones face who is not use to smiling and its sincere.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2014
I LOVE THE TIME I SPENT AT ALMOST FAMILY , THE HAVE A GREAT TEAM .THEY REALLY DO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY
Felt supported by the administrative team
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 4, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduled
Cons: all hour were prn based
looking forward for a place like that, its nurturing
most enjoyable and secured to work.
Management always ready to assist as needed
enjoyable and fmaily orientated enviornment to work in
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), 5579 Pearl rd Braodview ohioSeptember 4, 2014
great starting point in my career and family orientated environment
Excellent Company, Quality Care & Staff, Patient Comes First
Billing and Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 1, 2014
Pros: people, variety of job tasks
Cons: position eliminated
Always working with billing, posting, receivables, collections, and claims that had been returned due to error. Enjoyed researching the claims being returned so we could resubmit for payment. Co-workers worked as a team. Hardest part was volume of work- enjoyable part was variety of tasks and always kept you busy.
On organized process of working
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 29, 2014
Cons: not stable
I didn't enjoy working for this company, the management of this company wasn't prepared on what they wanted to say, do, or act and I was quite confusing.
Strong company, terrible location...
Employee (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 17, 2014
This review is strictly Columbus, OH location specific...I'll start with the positives: 1. Nurses, most therapists, marketers and office staff were hard working, compassionate, knowledgeable, and went above and beyond the call of duty without much recognition or appreciation. 2. Compensation and benefits were fair and competitive. 3. The framework and support from corporate seems to be available for this location to be successful and provide an enriching work environment.

Professional negatives (I have several personal but won't elaborate): 1. In 2 months both the clinical manager and nurse administrator resigned leaving behind chaos. 2. Communication between administration and clinical staff was very poor and therefore resulted in poor customer service. 3. At times, staff had to travel over 150 miles per day, sometimes over 50 miles for one patient, due to the extreme coverage area and lack of PRN assistance. 4. Unrealistic productivity standards with this type of coverage. 5. Lengthy meetings for which we were not compensated. 6. Under appreciation for outstanding clinical staff and their skills.

There is so much more but please, if you are an experienced clinician I would strongly reconsider applying for a position with this company. I have 17 years of experience in a variety of settings and have never been as unhappy as I was at this location.
Different but nice work environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Shaker Heights, OHJuly 14, 2014
Pros: i never encountered aproblem with my clients
Cons: pay rate
Typical day at work taking care of clients in the comfort of their homes
I learned different things about each client I had
Management was exceptional booking you clients
I didn't have any co-workers
The hardest part of the job is the client not wanting to do what they are suppose to do in order to stay healthy
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different clients
Cannot Support a family
CNA (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYMay 23, 2014
Pros: can make your own schedule
Cons: no hours
I was only getting 8 hours a week, with this company you are not guaranteed any hours. No-one can live like that.
Exciting new clients always available
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2014
This company helped making my job enjoyable. There is always someone there to help me day or night. The work is not to overwhelming.
Very friendly and upbeat staff
Home Health Agency Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 2, 2014
Pros: weekly paychek
Cons: no health insurance
Great place to work, poor benefits for employees, staff members are great to work with and are friendly.
This is the first job of this nature I had. I obviously thought highly enough of it that when I had to move to NY, I sought out something similar.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Arbutus, MDApril 29, 2014
Pros: friendly, helpful eenvironment
Cons: payrate
Almost Family was a very good and caring company. Active Day bought out the company and, although the average day at the center didn't change that drastically, suddenly supplies were hard to get and the extremely welcoming air of the place began to change.
productive work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), beachwood OhioApril 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible as far as work hours
Cons: n/a
i went to clients home and assisted the client with daily life skills and personal care
nice job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: pay every week
Cons: no breaks
go to a patients house help them with care such as showering,cooking meals

1 2 3 4

About ALMOST FAMILY

Almost Family, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFAM) founded in 1976, is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care – Read more

ALMOST FAMILY Salaries