Almost Family Employee Review

View all Almost Family reviews

the company is struggling with the changes to health care under the new health care law.
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 9, 2013
The psychiatric nursing program is strong with the company and carries a significant percentage of the patient load. That being said, health care reform is negatively impacting the provision of home care through sequential reimbursement cuts, limitations being instituted on the number of visits for the psych mental health patient, and the increasing difficulty in finding physicians able to take on more Medicare patients. Of course, for those of us who learned the OASIS at this job, more changes in government data collection are coming. The learning never stops.

Senior managers have been generally very supportive of our staff, personally encouraging, and willing to accept feedback from the staff. There have been three senior manager changes in the three (plus) years that I have been with the company. Administrative philosophy and the changes via health care reform are not always congruent. I do love working with the patients and families in the home, teaching staff at PCHs and in Memory Care Units, and working with the multidisciplinary team. So I have remained on with the other three pysch nurses on the psych team in our region. I also find mentoring of new psych nursing staff from other regions rewarding.

My co-workers are dedicated and educated nurses, therapists, and social workers who go the extra mile to meet patient needs. In the home, teaching patients, counseling them, helping families to understand and de-myth preconceived notions about mental health never ceases to be rewarding. We support each other in this endeavor and are resources for each other throughout
  more... the day.

The hardest part of my job is being fee for service in a changing health care industry. My family is impacted by census drops and regulatory restrictions that affect reimbursements and my pay.

Other Almost Family Employee Reviews

very productive and interesting place to work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 7, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company they make you feel like a part of them they welcome you as a family and treat you with kindness and respect. great management.
Pros
amazing
Cons
can't think of any
not guraneed hours
LPN (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TNDecember 6, 2017
Its a nice place to work , management are friendly , and work with you. LIke any home health , you are not promised hours, and you have to travel. over all is a good place to work .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9