Almost Family Employee Reviews

I have worked with almost family for 11 years
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2017
In the time I have worked with almost family I have never been without work and I like we get paid weekly I love everyone of my clients and the staff is friendly
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No benefits, no raises
friendly and very helpful in providing quality care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 11, 2017
assist and provide home care and companionship to all clients and giving the best quality care and adjust to each and every one of the clients special needs with .
Pros
full day of clients 5 clients a day or in office assistance
Cons
no weekends or holidays
Good benefits but unable to use them.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 10, 2017
Benefits and pay are great. Work hours are terrible and long. Expect too much from one person and this causes turnover to be high, more than I have seen in other companies where I have worked. You should work to live, not live to work. Most everyone you talk to there are ready to leave.
Pros
Occassional lunches and dinner, Have to really plan around work times and deadlines, Don't take care of the employees.
Cons
No work-life balance, too much work expected from one person
unprofessional
Assistant Branch Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2017
I was experienced the DON cursing and talking about other staff and employees at the branch. The atmosphere was always tense and stressful, I constantly defend my self when it can to my work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
stessfull
owner of company like to have company outings/events
temp for company (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 10, 2017
decent place to work. owner of the company likes to make you feel like you are family. Some of the priorities of the company are a bit backwards. shows favoritism.
Director of Nursing
Administrator of In Home Program (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 5, 2017
Assured care and appropriateness of admissions for private care. Maintained field employees competencies and assured care for patients. Managed in office staff.
Horrible
QA Nurse/Clinical Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 4, 2017
This place is horrible. The owner does not care about his employees. The turnover rate is unbeilevable. In the couple years I was there, i saw about 50 different people come through the office
Great job
LPN (Current Employee) –  KentuckyApril 3, 2017
Best job to help home bound patients who are appreciative of you coming. Management is a little iffy, lots of travel. I usually put around 30,000 miles yearly on vehicle.
Pros
you set schedule
Cons
tracking patients
Not much room to grow.
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 2, 2017
Management was not the best. Not many benefits. Not the most fair people to work for. I wouldn't really recommend it to many people. To live or to work at.
Sue Jellison
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTMarch 31, 2017
wash, dress, feed a patient loving and caring. Lack of communication I think. but everyone is very friendly and willing to help. they do have things they give you once you are there for over a year

Want to know more about Almost Family?

Ask a question
I have nothing to say.
PCA (Former Employee) –  Different locationsMarch 31, 2017
This Is new Management, this was originally Willcare. I didn't like the transition to the new company. they changed how they handled employees, they seem to care more about profit.
Pros
Cons
care more about management
Na
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 31, 2017
Good company to work for, been there 8 years. Have been through a lot of changes but is starting to level out. Good support in Ocala. Supportive environment
tired of these review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 26, 2017
you ask if i want to write a review but you give no choose but to. i worked in clients homes it was a fun experanice. know i need a job so i can prosper and get a place for me and my son tired of living with ex.
Workplace
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 22, 2017
Good hours and flexible with family life. Staff is friendly and willing to help whenever they can. There is quite a bit of travel involved so be prepared to drive.
Employees are like family, made some life long friends
Management of clinical emergencies (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2017
Upper management promoted from within and not prepared for the new challenges of the job.
Employees are like family, made some life long friends
Behind the times related to technology and IT support
Do not value employees
Administrator (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 14, 2017
Company does not value employees. Sales and money focus over patients or staff. Poor work life balance company expects staff to have no life and work all the time for little compensation
Typical home health agancy.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAMarch 11, 2017
Most of the people that worked in my particular office were nice hard working people, but as there is anywhere there were a few malcontents, People clearly favored by upper management because they were friends or they brought in a lot of patient referrals that complained more than worked and were rarely disciplined for routine things that the majority of the staff were (tardy to meetings, turning in documentation late etc.). Other than the office culture it was like any other VNA.
Pros
freedom of schedule
Cons
Poor office culture.
Flexible with work and life
Homehealth Aide (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working the different type of cases and the different clients. Clients were pleasant to work with. Staff was pleasant and approachable if there was an issue. Communication between the aide and the scheduler was a bit confusing and played phone tag a bit. Once the schedule got resolved, it worked perfectly with my life schedule and school schedule.
Pros
friendly and approachable staff
Cons
communication issues
A great place to work
Director of Nurses (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARMarch 5, 2017
I enjoyed the experience of working in Home Health and the patients which were assigned to me. Great atmosphere and able to schedule my patients I saw.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Too far to drive to work
Home health nursing as LPN during college for RN
Florida while going to college for my RN license (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLMarch 4, 2017
Omni Homecare is a medium sized organization. The management includes supportive and open leadership. In services where held frequently on new equipment or treatment guidelines.
A typical day: we get supplies from the clinic according to needs of patients needs. Drive to patient's residences, assess, treat, teach and communicate. The independence in this job was very encouraging and building self esteem. I can not come up with a negative part at that setting at all.
Pros
Some independence, gain of experience and sense of support by management
Cons
It's not good when your car breaks down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almost Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9