The Front Desk Clerk is a member of the Front Office team. S/he are responsible for: maintaining and promoting hospitality at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone. As part of this job, this individual is required to: demonstrate good computer skills; accurately handle cash and charges; stand for long periods of time; present a friendly, outgoing, energetic and guest service oriented demeanor.
HEI Hotels is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
This is a full-time position. Must be fully flexible and able to work weekends and holidays.
To assist our guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all Front Desk related functions. To maintain the companies high standard of service and hospitality.
1. Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
2. Greet and register guests and provide room assignments accommodating special requests whenever possible. Assist in pre-registration and blocking of registrations.
3. Have working knowledge of reservations and procedures, take reservations, and know cancellation procedures.
4. Handle guest check-ins and checkouts efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
5. Ensure that all cash, check and miscellaneous departments are in balance at the end of each shift. Utilize proper cash handling procedures in accordance to company policies.
6. Keep Housekeeping informed of any special requests, late checkouts and special need areas in the hotel.
7. Receive and transmit mail, phone, and written messages for guests.
8. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining entertainment and travel directions.
9. Post room charges, food & beverage charges, phone charges, compute guest bills (individual, group masters, and city ledger accounts) using PMS, collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all cash handling procedures as required by company policy.
10. Keep the Front Desk area neat, clean, and free of safety hazards.
11. Have knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, and hotel services with hours of operations; room locations, types of rooms and room selling strategies; hotel rates and discounts and how to handle each; and hotel credit and check cashing policies and procedures.
12. Be very knowledgeable of the Brand loyalty programs and their benefits and current promotions being offered.
13. Responsible for proper telephone etiquette.
14. Develop a thorough knowledge of Emergency procedures.
15. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
1) Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
2) Must be dependable
3) Must have computer proficiency
4) Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
ALOFT HOUSTON HOTEL AT THE GALLERIA
Located at Houston's Galleria in the vibrant Uptown District, Aloft Houston Hotel at the Galleria perfectly blends design, style and technology offering a forward-thinking alternative for the savvy traveler. And with so much to see and do in Houston including shopping, dining - just steps from our door.
THE NEW TWIST IN TRAVEL
For the traveler open to possibilities, Aloft Houston at the Galleria is a fresh, fun, forward-thinking alternative. Breeze into a hotel that offers more than a comfy bed and a friendly smile, and enjoy a whole new travel experience. Energy flows and personalities mingle in a setting that combines urban-influenced design, accessible technology, and a social scene that's always abuzz.