Aloha Air Cargo Employee Reviews

An Awesome company to work for!
Load Planner/ Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 6, 2016
Here's a place to hone your communication, and customer service skills. Great environment, and stater job. The most enjoyable part about this job is interacting with the customers. I learned a lot of skills here such as stocking and meat cutting.
Just like any other work place...
Agent (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIJuly 1, 2016
The job is good. Like any other job it has its highs and lows. On a good day, it's a chill environment. On a not so good day, meaning, if there are delays or heavy shipment volumes, it gets kind of hectic.
There's a lot to learn. Everyone gets trained to do most, if not, all of the functions. As mentioned in another review, SAFETY is a big thing.
Some complain about the pay, but if you ask me, it's much better than when I started. It pays way better than some of the airport ramp contracts that start at $8.50-$9.00.
Pros
Free Krispy Kreme, Flight benefits with Hawaiian (not free, but discounted)
Horrible management and coworkers
Cargo agent (Former Employee) –  Kaua‘i, HIMay 14, 2016
Management sucked, lots of favoritism, upper seniority takes advantage! All in all? Don't work here . Horrible pay as well
Pros
Free bread, donuts, etc
Cons
Everything else
its ok to work here
MAINTENANCE SUPPLY CLERK I (Current Employee) –  HawaiiNovember 27, 2015
the pay is not bad , fun place to work for , none union , good coworker to work to with, there an bonus end of the year ,
learn buy ,work on AOG , receiving, RO etc.
Pros
famaily company
Cons
pay
Your working at an Airline =)
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 7, 2015
A great company with really good people and solid management. I really enjoyed working there and the benefits were a big plus.
Safety is a Priority and a team effort
Cargo Agent/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 30, 2015
Working at Aloha Air Cargo can be fun but it is very dangerous. Safety is a priority for the team. The ability to learn and work different positions is endless. Being able to do physical work is a must. Safety is a priority by all to benefit all for ourselves, our equipment and the surrounding areas.
Pros
good hours finish work early.
Cons
short breaks, could have better pay.
A lot of exoerience to be learned here.
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 6, 2014
A typical day at work is right when the employee starts his/her work shift immediate reactions needed to send out next flight to meet hit time.
Very exciting work environment. Learn new things everyday.
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Lihue, HIFebruary 17, 2014
A typical work day consists of completing paperwork, conference calls, teaching new hires about the job function, working with aircrafts, supervising employees, customer service, and also keeping the work environment safe for everyone.

I've learned a lot in this position. Working under pressure is the biggest learning experience. Especially when there's a mechanical with an aircraft or when equipment breaks down. It gives me adrenalin in trying to fix the problem, who to call to fix the aircraft, what decisions need to be made on the spot. With everyone's help we get the job done. I enjoy meeting and teaching the new hires that come onboard. Also, I enjoy teaching the old timers also and helping all of them in succeeding. I'm glad I've became much more better with patience. This job surely tests your patience. Having a positive attitude always helps in getting through the day if/when problems occur. Just have to make the best of it and do what you can to get the job done with always keeping in mind what the company's mission and vision is. There's a lot of support also given by upper management in this company which is great.
Not a bright future
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 1, 2013
The work is rewarding, but the culture is obsolete and the company will have a hard time adapting to the future. The Aloha Airlines legacy is a dead end, with rewards going to under performance and inside connections. Just a matter of time until reality really sets in.
Pros
hard workers at operational level
Cons
no comunication, way out of touch management
Airport
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lihue KauaiDecember 31, 2012
Cargo handing and working in and out the plane. Good workers. Learning new things everyday.
Pros
flights on stand bys
Cons
shorts breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aloha Air Cargo. Our community is ready to answer.

Aloha Air Cargo Reviews by Location