AlohaCare Employee Reviews in United States

Sucks the life from you
customer service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 1, 2015
No growth nor respect from management. There is no communication or training. Employees are thrown into the fire and sometimes under the bus. There is extremely high turnover.
Terrible upper management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HiSeptember 15, 2015
This company says they care for their employee when in fact they do not. every department is understaff over worked and under paid...truly a disappoint I think Aloha Care can be great with a new CEO that is up to date with modern time and changes and demands. What makes a corporation great is team work from line staff to upper management.
Pros
Working my Dept.
Cons
Lack of respect for line staff and always short staff forced to take short lunches, lack of communication with other dept.
Office Environment
Customer Service III (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 14, 2015
I very much enjoy working with the community. I enjoy answering questions and helping their medical needs be met. I like how I learn something new everyday in my dealings with providers. I enjoy constantly being busy and multitasking.
Pros
helping the community
Company that could do so much more with fixes
Outreach and Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2014
Horrible pay at a company that doesn't know how to maintain good employees. Lot of corporate BS with the upper management who don't appreciate the others below that help keep them up. Lack of employee appreciation with no incentive to stay loyal.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
pay, management
Productive workplace that's trying to improve
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiJune 18, 2013
Typical workday entailed processing remits, EOB's, and EFT's for claims department. I learned a lot about prioritizing, and meeting deadlines. I feel that management needs to communicate more with employees. Co-workers were wonderful...probably one of the best groups I've worked with. The hardest part of my job was dealing with managers and just always having the feeling that they were not sincere. The most enjoyable part of my day was communicating with co-workers.
Nice place to learn IT
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 28, 2013
Aloha Care is a nice place to learn on the job training..for computers on the users as well as the server end of the job.
Alohacare focused and generous
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 25, 2013
Alohacare has to be one of the more welcoming companies I have worked for. My department was focused on doing what is best for the member. Typically I came into work and reviewed the hospital report, emails, phone messages. Shortly after I would prioritize and address what was needed first. Then normally I along with a service navigator would have home visits scheduled with members to address their needs. We would complete a health summary and then refer to appropriate places according to their needs if we were unable to solve ourselves. The hardest part of my job was familiarizing myself to the outside resources and what they offered. This company was an HMO plan and I handled the Medicare population. I was able to learn quite a bit of the insurance aspect of healthcare in comparison to original Medicare. The most enjoyable part of my work was the rapport I developed with members and the working environment. Management had an open door policy and made it quite comfortable to ask any questions. In addition they were quite understanding on a personal level, especially while my husband was away for deployments.
Pros
company parties, games
Cons
no room for advancement, too many computer programs
Micromanagement and disorganization at its best
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 5, 2012
Daily activities varied with projects that were handed down from upper management that needed "immediate" attention - meaning that a funding deadline or audit was approaching or was missed. It seemed that our department was always playing catch up because of the constant turnover and changes in management. I had 5 different managers over the course of my one year of employment. Needless to say, I worked in a department where I was one of the longest employed.
Through this experience I learned to ask a lot of questions and to document/journal daily interactions with management and coworkers as it can be helpful when dealing with Human Resources. Another useful thing that I learned is that if long time employees warn you about longevity in a certain department, it is definitely worth transferring out or finding another employer. I tried to transfer out of my department several times, but was told that my "experience" was needed to train new team members.
In general, my immediate team members were generally friendly but very guarded during conversations because they were worried about job security. The hardest part of the job was trying to sort out the conflicting messages and requests of supervisors and upper management.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the direct customer contact during the service calls.
Overall, I'd say that I wouldn't have taken this position if I had known what a toxic environment it was going to be.
Cons
mismanagement/micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlohaCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8