AlohaCare Employee Reviews

Little to no room for advancement
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 10, 2016
This company offers great benefits for their members and their employees work hard and take pride in their work. Unfortunately, the workers are unpaid and overworked. Raises are small and advancement is hard.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no professional growth
Terrible upper management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HiSeptember 15, 2015
This company says they care for their employee when in fact they do not. every department is understaff over worked and under paid...truly a disappoint I think Aloha Care can be great with a new CEO that is up to date with modern time and changes and demands. What makes a corporation great is team work from line staff to upper management.
Pros
Working my Dept.
Cons
Lack of respect for line staff and always short staff forced to take short lunches, lack of communication with other dept.
Sucks the life from you
customer service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 1, 2015
No growth nor respect from management. There is no communication or training. Employees are thrown into the fire and sometimes under the bus. There is extremely high turnover.
Productive workplace that's trying to improve
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiJune 18, 2013
Typical workday entailed processing remits, EOB's, and EFT's for claims department. I learned a lot about prioritizing, and meeting deadlines. I feel that management needs to communicate more with employees. Co-workers were wonderful...probably one of the best groups I've worked with. The hardest part of my job was dealing with managers and just always having the feeling that they were not sincere. The most enjoyable part of my day was communicating with co-workers.
Company that could do so much more with fixes
Outreach and Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2014
Horrible pay at a company that doesn't know how to maintain good employees. Lot of corporate BS with the upper management who don't appreciate the others below that help keep them up. Lack of employee appreciation with no incentive to stay loyal.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pay, management
Office Environment
Customer Service III (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 14, 2015
I very much enjoy working with the community. I enjoy answering questions and helping their medical needs be met. I like how I learn something new everyday in my dealings with providers. I enjoy constantly being busy and multitasking.
Pros
Helping the community
Nice place to learn IT
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 28, 2013
Aloha Care is a nice place to learn on the job training..for computers on the users as well as the server end of the job.
Micromanagement and disorganization at its best
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 5, 2012
Daily activities varied with projects that were handed down from upper management that needed "immediate" attention - meaning that a funding deadline or audit was approaching or was missed. It seemed that our department was always playing catch up because of the constant turnover and changes in management. I had 5 different managers over the course of my one year of employment. Needless to say, I worked in a department where I was one of the longest employed.
Through this experience I learned to ask a lot of questions and to document/journal daily interactions with management and coworkers as it can be helpful when dealing with Human Resources. Another useful thing that I learned is that if long time employees warn you about longevity in a certain department, it is definitely worth transferring out or finding another employer. I tried to transfer out of my department several times, but was told that my "experience" was needed to train new team members.
In general, my immediate team members were generally friendly but very guarded during conversations because they were worried about job security. The hardest part of the job was trying to sort out the conflicting messages and requests of supervisors and upper management.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the direct customer contact during the service calls.
Overall, I'd say that I wouldn't have taken this position if I had known what a toxic environment it was going to be.
Cons
mismanagement/micromanagement
A unique learning experience
Enrollment Lead (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 5, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of completing daily reports issued to our health plan by CMS and the state's Med Quest office. It would also consist of reconciling members' records and processing enrollment requests that complies within our company's policies and procedures in addition to CMS' regulations and the state's regulations. I would also conduct outreach necessary to members, MAPD helpdesk, the State's Med Quest office & other insurance as necessary. I'm constantly interacting with other internal departments in verifying member eligibility, demographics and other concerns or issues and also interact with external companies such as Express Scripts to resolve PDE and FIR issues. Working for this company for the past 4-5 years I've learned a wealth of information in the health insurance field that has helped me challenge myself, obtain a lot of resourceful skills, strengthen the skills I've already possessed prior to being employed here and have helped me maximize my experience/background in this field. My co-workers have varied a lot throughout the years and currently they are compassionate about helping the organization succeed. I've had 5 managers and 3 supervisors throughout my work experience and learned a great deal of different managing skills. Currently, management is okay and is still in the process of trying to establish stability in the workplace, boost employee morale and improve employee compensation. The hardest part of the job I would say would be having to complete projects or tasks at hand whenever the resources become limited. The most enjoyable part  more... of the job has always been helping our members, working creatively with others in coming up with a resolution of an issue and the sense of unity and ohana when working with my co-workers. I feel at times that everyone is striving to help our organization succeed.  less
Pros
Compassionate co-workers, PTO accrual
Cons
Compensation, work stability

2.8