AlohaCare

AlohaCare Employer Reviews

A unique learning experience
Enrollment Lead (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIMay 5, 2014
Pros: compassionate co-workers, pto accrual
Cons: compensation, work stability
A typical day at work would consist of completing daily reports issued to our health plan by CMS and the state's Med Quest office. It would also consist of reconciling members' records and processing enrollment requests that complies within our company's policies and procedures in addition to CMS' regulations and the state's regulations. I would also – more... conduct outreach necessary to members, MAPD helpdesk, the State's Med Quest office & other insurance as necessary. I'm constantly interacting with other internal departments in verifying member eligibility, demographics and other concerns or issues and also interact with external companies such as Express Scripts to resolve PDE and FIR issues. Working for this company for the past 4-5 years I've learned a wealth of information in the health insurance field that has helped me challenge myself, obtain a lot of resourceful skills, strengthen the skills I've already possessed prior to being employed here and have helped me maximize my experience/background in this field. My co-workers have varied a lot throughout the years and currently they are compassionate about helping the organization succeed. I've had 5 managers and 3 supervisors throughout my work experience and learned a great deal of different managing skills. Currently, management is okay and is still in the process of trying to establish stability in the workplace, boost employee morale and improve employee compensation. The hardest part of the job I would say would be having to complete projects or tasks at hand whenever the resources become limited. The most enjoyable part of the job has always been helping our members, working creatively with others in coming up with a resolution of an issue and the sense of unity and ohana when working with my co-workers. I feel at times that everyone is striving to help our organization succeed. – less
Company that could do so much more with fixes
Outreach and Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: pay, management
Horrible pay at a company that doesn't know how to maintain good employees. Lot of corporate BS with the upper management who don't appreciate the others below that help keep them up. Lack of employee appreciation with no incentive to stay loyal.
Productive workplace that's trying to improve
Junior Accountant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HawaiiJune 18, 2013
Typical workday entailed processing remits, EOB's, and EFT's for claims department. I learned a lot about prioritizing, and meeting deadlines. I feel that management needs to communicate more with employees. Co-workers were wonderful...probably one of the best groups I've worked with. The hardest part of my job was dealing with managers and just always – more... having the feeling that they were not sincere. The most enjoyable part of my day was communicating with co-workers. – less
Nice place to learn IT
Help Desk (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 28, 2013
Aloha Care is a nice place to learn on the job training..for computers on the users as well as the server end of the job.
Micromanagement and disorganization at its best
Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMay 5, 2012
Cons: mismanagement/micromanagement
Daily activities varied with projects that were handed down from upper management that needed "immediate" attention - meaning that a funding deadline or audit was approaching or was missed. It seemed that our department was always playing catch up because of the constant turnover and changes in management. I had 5 different managers over the course – more... of my one year of employment. Needless to say, I worked in a department where I was one of the longest employed.
Through this experience I learned to ask a lot of questions and to document/journal daily interactions with management and coworkers as it can be helpful when dealing with Human Resources. Another useful thing that I learned is that if long time employees warn you about longevity in a certain department, it is definitely worth transferring out or finding another employer. I tried to transfer out of my department several times, but was told that my "experience" was needed to train new team members.
In general, my immediate team members were generally friendly but very guarded during conversations because they were worried about job security. The hardest part of the job was trying to sort out the conflicting messages and requests of supervisors and upper management.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the direct customer contact during the service calls.
Overall, I'd say that I wouldn't have taken this position if I had known what a toxic environment it was going to be. – less