AlohaCare Employee Review

Micromanagement and disorganization at its best
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 5, 2012
Daily activities varied with projects that were handed down from upper management that needed "immediate" attention - meaning that a funding deadline or audit was approaching or was missed. It seemed that our department was always playing catch up because of the constant turnover and changes in management. I had 5 different managers over the course of my one year of employment. Needless to say, I worked in a department where I was one of the longest employed.
Through this experience I learned to ask a lot of questions and to document/journal daily interactions with management and coworkers as it can be helpful when dealing with Human Resources. Another useful thing that I learned is that if long time employees warn you about longevity in a certain department, it is definitely worth transferring out or finding another employer. I tried to transfer out of my department several times, but was told that my "experience" was needed to train new team members.
In general, my immediate team members were generally friendly but very guarded during conversations because they were worried about job security. The hardest part of the job was trying to sort out the conflicting messages and requests of supervisors and upper management.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the direct customer contact during the service calls.
Overall, I'd say that I wouldn't have taken this position if I had known what a toxic environment it was going to be.
Cons
mismanagement/micromanagement

Other AlohaCare Employee Reviews

Dont do it
Operations (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 8, 2017
Lack of effective senior management, poor decision making, noncompetitive compensation, poor opportunities for advancement, high turnover should cause you to pause before joining the company.
Unhealthy work environment
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIMay 5, 2017
I left this company after reporting the company to OSHA. My direct supervisor though it was okay to vape her ecig in the office environment multiple times daily subjecting the other workers to the hazardous chemicals in the exhaled smoke.

Hawaii passed a law in Jan. 2017 prohibiting the use of ecigs in enclosed environments ie: offices.
Pros
good salary
Cons
unhealthy work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlohaCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6