Alorica Inc. Employee Reviews

Pretty easy going
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, INMarch 20, 2015
Pros: long lunches, able to come home for lunch
Cons: hkghkjhlkjkjjhjhjkh
overall I did love my job at alorica the only thing I did not love is after I had got into an accident. I was told by the hr even though my bummper was dragging the ground and to go ahead and come to work. So there fore the only problem with them is they don't value their employees
Job
Call Agent (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 19, 2015
Worked a month here. Was good, didn't mind dressing up and looking good. Pay was good. Only issues I had was hours to work, with kids I need flexible to a point for daycare.
Company has a hard time holding onto line groups
EDQ Specialist- Sprint Wireless Services (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: extremely low morale amongst coworkers
I learned so much from working with this company. Even though my experience wasn't the best, it's a good company to start out for in the call center area. However, they have a horrible tendency of hiring people just to fill the seats in the training class & put people out on the floor that REALLY shouldn't be out there. Because of this mentality, they would lose line groups very quickly. I worked with them when they had Sprint as a line group. I got some VERY interesting calls & I have a lot of crazy stories, but it helped when moving onto other companies. With them losing the Sprint contract, it made people seriously lose morale, not that there was much beforehand. The walls were grey, there were no windows & the stress & tension in the air was very thick. People weren't very happy there & you could tell. Management wasn't very willing &/or able to assist in morale. I don't know if they were even able to do anything to help us out.
My overview
Manager (Current Employee), Magna, UTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: drawings for prizes, incentives, and wonderful people to work with.
Cons: little to no recognition for managers
Very fun and enjoyable work environment. I've met tons of knowledgable people working here and have learned so much working at this call center. Definitely will miss what I do because I am so comfortable & successful at my job but I would now like to work for a company with more opportunities for advancement.
Great place to start.
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Clovis, CASeptember 28, 2014
Great place to start. Not a long term job but will provide you with exceptional skills.
Alorica is a very welcoming and fun environment to work in it is very specific work, has great trainers to assist you and assist you with the help.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Magna, UTSeptember 6, 2014
you go in log in to your computer, your phone and all other programs we used. Put our headset on and wait for a call. When a call comes in we answer ask what the issue is that they are having and apologize because the problem they are dealing with is very frustrating and then we go on verifying there account and we then continue with all other trouble shooting techniques and if needed we will log in to the clients computer to better see the problem and sometimes send it over to fulfillment. Thank that specific client by name and let them hang up. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HANG UP ON A CLIENT!
strict managment, not very friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: long breaks during training
Cons: not enough information was given
training was not what I expected we did not learn as much as we should've while taking classes, while on production there was not enough team leaders to assist with customer issues.
Productive working environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saraland, ALJune 28, 2014
My coworkers consisted of people I have known for a long time.
Management was excellent.
The most enjoyable part was being around so many optimistic people.
Great opportunites for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCJune 13, 2014
Pros: advancement options
Cons: customer will be angree
I love that you can quickly move up in the company if you put your best effort forward.
very productive
Teller (Former Employee), Cutler Bay, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: communication and attitude
Cons: dress code and presentation
Employees dress codes is horrible, I learned a lot in grammar, communication, customer service and typing.
The job was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 16, 2014
We had perfect 8 hour days and the supervisor was amazing. The job was wonderful for being a call center job.
Could Have Been Better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clovis, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: pay check
Cons: confidentiality
It's Monday morning, I just clocked out of my first part-time job and i'm headed to my second full-time job. I'm dressed professionally, as it is required for all Alorica employees Monday-Friday. The work atmosphere is very calm, the staff there are also very relaxed but when it comes to clocking in and working, things change drastically.
Alorica - DirecTV
DirecTV Sales Agent (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch, parties and festivities.
Cons: impossible commission structures.
A typical day at work was receiving inbound calls from leads attempting to set up or inquiring about DirecTV service. The goal was getting the customer to commit to the sale and earn your commission. What I learned is that the company assumes you to make sales out of every possible call; though most calls are people who already have the account established. Management is extremely supportive of sales and will even buy you lunch if you work on your lunch break as well as hold many in office festivities with food, HBO, Showtime promotions with prizes and more. The hardest part was to make commission due to all the stipulations and metrics needed to earn commission etc. The most enjoyable part was the amenities and parties in office.
typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: decent pay, overtime
Cons: sitting all shift
Answered inbound calls. Would sit at a computer all day and answer phone calls while accessing accounts. Learned a lot of computer skills and improved typing skills. Management was really nice and respectable but seemed like you had to know someone to move up. You don't get much interaction with your co-workers. The hardest part is sitting in the chair in front of a computer all day. The best part was talking to customers from different areas of the US and different backgrounds. Everyone has a new story!
n/a
Team Leader (Former Employee), North Sioux City, SDSeptember 27, 2012
This company was very fast pace and great. It helped customers with phone provisioning and much .ore/