Alpha Analytical Employee Reviews

not a friendly environment
Sample Login Technician (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 6, 2017
high school environment. everyone is busy being in other people's business. after months of training and becoming adaptable, they laid me off due to production. But they hired me for a full-time. very misleading
Fun and relaxed
Courier (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 1, 2017
My title was Courier my job was transporting supplies and samples for study in New York State, New York City, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
OPREP sucks
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MA 01581September 8, 2017
If you need the money it's decent, but its miserable. Very little room for advancement, but they always need warm bodies, so the jobs aren't about to disappear. HR is nice, but anyone in the lab itself can be inclusive and catty. It's ok to start with just out of college, but don't plan on staying. You can do better. Starting pay is around $14.00/hr.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits.
Cons
Coworkers can be miserable to be around, and the management doesn't help things.
Lab Technician I (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 31, 2017
Is a good place to work cuz have good benefits.
They have good incentives Plus four times in a year they give you bonus it's not bad at all. I do recommend this place I been working for 2 years and I do like it like every other job there's disagreement but other than that is good.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Sometime's they are not organized
Amazing Company
Sample Login Technician (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 13, 2016
Excellent work environment. The staffs are great to work with. The company's policy are well put together. They are organized and they ensure you are too even in your personal goals.
Bad Company
Chemist I (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 21, 2016
Careful taking a job here - the problem with this company begins at management. They work everyone like dogs, pay low while management takes big salaries and bonuses.
The workforce is pitted against each other and turnover is high.
Don't waste your time here - look elsewhere.
Pros
I never saw any
Cons
management
Great place to get experience
Extractions Chemist (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 8, 2016
Great co-workers. under paid and over worked employees. bad company morale. However, they give bonuses and chances to win gift cards every so often. sometimes have mandatory overtime.
Pros
Great people to work with. overtime sometimes
Cons
underpay. morale issue.
fast paced lab
Credit & Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 21, 2016
A lot of turn over in the lab. no room for advanecment. long hours and very depending on time restraints. Owners are very family oriented where management is not.
Pros
profit sharing
Privately-owned company
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 9, 2016
Privately-owned company, 250+ employees, based in Westboro, Mass servicing many states. Analytical lab providing air, water and soil analysis.
Pros
Cons
Short-sighted managment
Great until it wasn't
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 13, 2016
When I was first hired I loved my job and the people I worked with. Bonuses galore and great opportunities.

I moved up very quickly and worked well with everyone.

As I moved up, roles and responsibilities were increasingly unclear which often could cause problems when resolving issues.

Management was different in each area. Some management was phenomenal and would work with you while other managers were unbearable and unmoving.

Culture was different in one facility to the next.
Pros
Parties, Bonuses, Family-feel
Cons
It went away
Working like a DOG!!!
Tech (Current Employee) –  MansfieldAugust 24, 2015
BAD MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAD PAY unless you ARE MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner should be ashamed for letting this company run as it does. Problem is he trusts MANAGEMENT.

Problem of this laboratory is MANAGEMENT.

Find another job. You'll be wondering why you took this job in a few months. It will be just a waste of your time.
Pros
nothing
Horrible company
Organic Lab Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 5, 2015
This was my first job out of college and was unaware how bad the conditions and treatment of employees. Subsequently I stayed, worked for four years, foolishly thinking that if you work had you will get reworded for it. Don’t be fooled, don’t work here unless you have to. They under pay and overwork employees. Also guilt or hold your job over your head to increase your work output. Please for anyone that reads this do yourself a favor and work anywhere else. Laboratory conditions are bad for your health management does not care how hard or effectively you work. Good luck to you if you work here and good luck trying to leave once your there. A nickname we used as inmates / employees was Alphatraz.
Low Pay
Chemist - Metals Preparation (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 26, 2015
The work and the culture of the company are quite rewarding personally and professionally. The lack of compensation in salary is what makes this company not a great one. They seem not to mind a high turnover rate from employees. The are a stepping stone for recent college graduates who eventually move on to better paying companies.
Pros
Cons
Salary
good small company, but lots of work
Lab Technician/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 15, 2015
most people are great, but be prepared to long hours. Typical small company problems, but also the benefits
Same as previously stated/reviewed
Service Center Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 3, 2014
same as previously stated/reviewed. Intelligent and extremely dedicated co-workers who I thoroughly enjoyed working with and being around on a day to day basis.
Good health care
Organic Extractions Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMarch 19, 2014
I was an extraction technician.
I learned a lot about GPC repair and operation.
Co workers were pleasant.
The hardest part of the job, was gutting fish samples and mixing them with methyline chloride for extraction.
comfortable work environment
Analytical chemist (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 27, 2012
Despite being a company that deals with a 24 hour turn around time the atmosphere is upbeat.
Pros
flexible