ALPHA MECHANICAL Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Very Unorganized.
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Keele and junctionMay 23, 2014
A typical day at work began at 7 i would come in and clean the work van wile my boss would do paper work. then we would be off to job sites to work. I learned the basics of the H.V.A.C trade installation removal of Air conditioning units. I did not have any co workers. the irregular hours odd days and having to fight to pick up a paycheck.
Pros
work
Cons
payment was irregular.
Was a good place to work until the economy crashed
Project Manager and Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 20, 2012
I spent 13 years at Alpha and helped build the plumbing and pipe fitting side of the company. The owners always treated me fairly.
Very Productive and hands on training work
Technician as a HVAC apprentice (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 22, 2012
My co-workers that i had a chance to work with have been ver helpful and frindly.
Cons
healthcare
Large company very well managed
Project / Service Manager / Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2012
I contracted with this company to provide transition at a local military base facility services from a public entity to privatization.
I had catalauged all of the mechanical equipment and provided the scope of work to maintain and service all of the mechanical equipment and systems, lighting, grounds and building repairs for all of the Barracks enlisted and unenlisted.
I interviewed and hired all of the staffing from maintnance techs to administrative staff, whom after 15 years are still employed at the base.
The difficulties I faced in this position would be the interaction between the old government employees whom had worked there for years. Bringing them to the realization that their positions would no longer be available to them and they would be transfering to other facilities which was met with a fair amount of hostility.
I look back after 15 years and see that my system and program are still in place without many modifications, this gives me a great deal of satisfaction.
Pros
a great learing experience
Profesional committed open to change
Project / Service Manager / Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2012
A large HVAC company with a large plumbing and sheet metal departments. Large management structure with a good model.
The term of my employment was transition MCAS Mirimar facility services from a publicly run entity, (PWC) to a private sector outside vendor entity.
Provided consulting to the Marine Corp as well as outside contractors.
Determined the contract amount based on the mechanical systems on site. Inventoried thousands of pieces of equipment and generated a maintenance program including check sheets for each piece.
The program that I had set up is still utilized to this date.
Pros
serving our military

Want to know more about ALPHA MECHANICAL?

Ask a question