ALPHA MECHANICAL Employee Reviews

Management not clear on job duties
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2017
The people are the only thing that made this place tolerable. However there is no structure as far as job management. Since I had the most experience I was given the most difficult projects which is not the problem but I was hired to run all the projects in a different location and to travel most of the day every day is non productive. I successfully closed multiple projects with larger profit margins than estimated but the lack of support made it very difficult.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
No structure
Great management and staff
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2016
All of the coworkers made it enjoyable to arrive at work daily. We all have to be there for 8 hours so you make it the best you can. Everyone works together equally to get the task at hand done. Even if its not typically "your job"- It was one goal- one team
Pros
Casual atmosphere
HVAC Controls Tech (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
Plenty of hands on learning. Every day was something different.
I meet new people daily. It is easy to get along with co-workers.
The hardest part of job is troubleshooting equipment that I've never seen. The most enjoyable part is learning how to troubleshoot equipment I've never seen.
Very Unorganized.
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Keele and junctionMay 23, 2014
A typical day at work began at 7 i would come in and clean the work van wile my boss would do paper work. then we would be off to job sites to work. I learned the basics of the H.V.A.C trade installation removal of Air conditioning units. I did not have any co workers. the irregular hours odd days and having to fight to pick up a paycheck.
Pros
Work
Cons
Payment was irregular.
Was a good place to work until the economy crashed
Project Manager and Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 20, 2012
I spent 13 years at Alpha and helped build the plumbing and pipe fitting side of the company. The owners always treated me fairly.
Very Productive and hands on training work
Technician as a HVAC apprentice (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 22, 2012
My co-workers that i had a chance to work with have been ver helpful and frindly.
Cons
healthcare
Large company very well managed
Project / Service Manager / Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2012
I contracted with this company to provide transition at a local military base facility services from a public entity to privatization.
I had catalauged all of the mechanical equipment and provided the scope of work to maintain and service all of the mechanical equipment and systems, lighting, grounds and building repairs for all of the Barracks enlisted and unenlisted.
I interviewed and hired all of the staffing from maintnance techs to administrative staff, whom after 15 years are still employed at the base.
The difficulties I faced in this position would be the interaction between the old government employees whom had worked there for years. Bringing them to the realization that their positions would no longer be available to them and they would be transfering to other facilities which was met with a fair amount of hostility.
I look back after 15 years and see that my system and program are still in place without many modifications, this gives me a great deal of satisfaction.
Pros
a great learing experience
Profesional committed open to change
Project / Service Manager / Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2012
A large HVAC company with a large plumbing and sheet metal departments. Large management structure with a good model.
The term of my employment was transition MCAS Mirimar facility services from a publicly run entity, (PWC) to a private sector outside vendor entity.
Provided consulting to the Marine Corp as well as outside contractors.
Determined the contract amount based on the mechanical systems on site. Inventoried thousands of pieces of equipment and generated a maintenance program including check sheets for each piece.
The program that I had set up is still utilized to this date.
Pros
serving our military

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALPHA MECHANICAL. Our community is ready to answer.

ALPHA MECHANICAL Reviews by Location