Alpha Packaging Employee Reviews

Very Family-Orientated & Great Benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2017
Alpha Packaging Is loud a fast paced work environment, Which at time can be difficult to certain individuals if not alert & attentive. There is also Room to Grow with This Company and build a carrer.
Pros
Off days in the middle of the week
Cons
Very short breaks w/ 12 hour work shifts
Great place to work until last year
Customer Service Representative/Acct. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2017
It was a good place to work until management decided to downsize our plant. Management is reactive instead of proactive. Many large accounts being jeopardized because of poor customer service.
Pros
Good pay for the time I was there.
Cons
Mismanaged.
Good and fun work place
Packing Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2017
Really nice and enjoyable place.coworkers are really good and helpful.likes to work in team.and respectful coworkers.love to work and everyone are hard worker.
U dont want to work there
Packer, through Masterson Staffing (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 3, 2017
Over worked and no advancement, sometimes operating 3-4 machines. Going above and beyond with no recognition and no chances to be hired in because of hiring freezes
Good place to grow
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2017
Continuous improvement culture with open mind for improvements. A lot of involvement from all positions is encouraged. Medium to high turnover due to accountability.
Pros
Birthday vacation day
Cons
Limited staff
Good place to work for entry level warehouse
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 24, 2017
I took this job because my previous job relocated to another state. My expectations of advancing to suit my skill sets were not met. Currently looking for a job in Utah County.
Hard working company that started from the ground up.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2017
I start with a head count, which machines are down, which machines will start up, what the production work load will be and if over time will be needed to call in.
I've learned to work beyond a standard fast paced environment.
Management is helpful and insightful.
The culture is fast paced.
The hardest part of the job is matching the head count to the work load because it fluctuates.
The most enjoyable part is watching my ideas and efforts pay off for my team.
Pros
The ability to help out.
Cons
n/a
Its a good place to learn and understand the manufacturing business.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  ypsilanit, miFebruary 14, 2017
Learned skills such as troubleshooting, machine maintenance, quality control, and corporate systems. Was very involved in bringing the overall efficiency of the I.B.M and E.B.M Process into the plant and corporate goal. As an employee i enjoyed the overall care and concern of the company
ok work place
Utility Worker / Grinder Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2017
overwhelming work
speed, cleaning machines
very poor management
everybody was for themselves
hardest part was doing a two man job by myself
I Love the company really cool place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  1555 page industralJanuary 23, 2017
I think they should keep up the good work to keep the company growing.....
The company do a great job on job training to take u to the next level it is great....
It is a productive place to work, although management is lacking leadership
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2017
The employees are great but most other things are lacking. Management does not stand behind its employees and communication down the line is virtually not there.
Cons
Benefits are decent, the incentive program is set at an unattainable high each year
Overworked,and under paid.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 26, 2016
Co-workers great, management poor. They promote through favoritism not qualifications. Upper management does not have a clue, and only one Engineer on staff. Training is on a piece of paper, no actual training. Threaten to fire you constantly.
nice place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  forklift driverDecember 3, 2016
nice place to work very nice people I like the environment. the job was very easy and the hours were really great hours to work and get off. over all it was a great palce to work
fun place if you like working with your hands
Manufacturing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2016
A productive place to show my skills while working with my hands to repair machines and maintain a safe and effective work environment.
Pros
working to repair difficult machines
Cons
dangerous job
This is a nice place to work but can get hot!
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 15, 2016
Working here you have to be able to deal with heat and long hours. If you can manage those two things it really isn't a bad job. The management is very understanding when things come up and the point system they use is more than fair. You would have to really be uninterested in going to work to lose you job over attendance issues. I like that you get to work with the same group of people and most get along fairly well. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the heat and the longer shifts.
Pros
You only work 3-4 days a week, paid for your lunch time, overtime is easy to come by.
Cons
12 hour shifts can be difficult, raises are generally small
Company with good benefits year ending profit sharing
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Overland, MOJanuary 31, 2016
This company provides advancement according to the individual skills and ability and willingness to learn. Management treats individuals fair and provides programs for their employees and families. There is really nothing hard within this job. When the company does good, the company shares it with the employees.
A typical day would be coming to work picking up your order to be pulled and filling that order and going to the next order. Co-workers are easy to get along with and help with each other to get the job done.
Pros
awards for safety and longevity
Cons
raises on did on percentage
packing various item for shipment.
Package handler/Verifier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
Work was great and pleasing. However due to low production company wide layoff was necessary. I would have loved to stay with the company.
Meeting new and fascinating people.
Warehouse Forklift Operator/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 24, 2015
Dealing with everyday work issues and treating every client to the best of your ability providing the ultimate customer service experience that they could ever ask for...
Pros
End of work day..
Cons
Making the most of every day more and more enjoyable
a living nightmare
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  ohioAugust 29, 2015
if you dont have family in the company and adjust to the favoritism you are out. pest control issue with a food grade warehouse
Pros
money
Cons
management
pleasant
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 2, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Alpha packaging the entire time I was employed with them. Wonderful people who were friendly and always pleasant to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpha Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9