AlphaBEST Education Employee Reviews

overall experience
Assistant Site Director (Current Employee) –  Little Elm, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Alphabest is a great place to workout especially if you are right out of highschool, and its your first year at college. Very flexible hours weekends and holidays off.You meet great people, and the management staff is really great as well.
Cons
not enough hours
Good job for young adults looking for experience, not for career seeking individual.
director (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 15, 2018
The children are magnificent however management has poor organizational and communication skills. Pay was low, did not want to compensate for OT. It is the type of job where they want you to work outside your hours, as a director, but do not want to pay you for your time spent. Other directors are in constant competition with each other, drama filled, unprofessional, lack of respect for employees. Minimum training, but will provide enough to say they "directed or trained" you. Absolutely no job security, no consistency, no integrity. Due to poor management skills and lack of organizational development, there is a high turn over rate within employees. Unfortunately, due to this, this hinders the enjoyment of your job and the children. Would only recommend part-time, and avoid taking on a director position.
Sorry upper management
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Prince William County, VAJanuary 14, 2018
AlphaBEST is a cool job, if you like kids. But the upper management is cut throat and inconsiderate of the staff at sites. Specifically, the new COO. Beware and don't believe what you're told.
Pros
Working with kids
Better Off Elsewhere
Zone Leader (Current Employee) –  Prince William County, VADecember 20, 2017
There is to parts to this job. I love working with the kids and the other people at my school. We get to have fun every day and I love teaching them new things.

Now the sad things. I want this to be a successful job. I love being here but a person can only take so much. They cut hours all the time. We are told one thing and then another just a week later. My supervisor does not ever know what is going on. I know people that are being left alone at their site which is a big violation and dangerous for the kids. Rules are not being followed. Management does not get along. People leave all the time. I have had a different manager every year because nobody wants to stay here.

My advice, stay away and go work with one of the other places nearby. This place needs some serious help and I hope the management will come here and help. They should interview us staff and the area managers and I bet they would be surprised with how we all feel.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, cut hours, communication, leadership, following licensing rules
Great Place To Work...
Assist & organize daily activities (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 11, 2017
Overall it's a great place to work. Staff is very friendly. Workday is split (3 hour in, 5 hours out, hours back in). The most enjoyable part is working with all of the kids and creating bonds with most of them.
Pros
Staff is very friendly!
Love what I do! The children, school directors. co workers, as well as school staff and parents wonder
Director (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 9, 2017
This is not a reliable place to work. Mgmt value self, Christmas Party,December 15,2017, at Gaylord to hand out bonuses. Yet, cut staff hrs 30 or less.
Pros
Split Shift
Cons
Poor Management, Hours not Reliable, Cut Throat
Kids are Great but that is it
Zone Leader (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 5, 2017
Just got a nasty email about how are hours are being cut for christmas. Management needs to make more money so now we have to lose hours every week. We already don't get that many hours and now we are losing more. Management still is out buying new furniture, lunches for themselves, and other wastes but we lose hours so they can do that. It's been the same old thing since we opened here. I miss the old company.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Management, hours, structure, communication
Very great program and job opportunity but not a job for advancement
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah Junction, WVDecember 5, 2017
I love everything about AlphaBEST and what the program stands for. AlphaBEST is a before and after care program that makes education fun. The supervisors work hard to only hire those that truly have a heart for children. As an employee you are given freedom to use your talents and passion with the children.
Pros
Freedom with curriculum, a great amount of training, make employees feel important, praises employees for their hard work
Cons
Only part time hours, does not give many raises, very hard to advance financially
Not such a great place to work
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 4, 2017
This place is horrible I would never reccoment anyone to work here. There is a lot of sneaky stuff going on. The management will always keep you in the dark, there is no comfort in knowing when something is shared to upper management that it will be handled accordingly.
Alphabest
Site Director (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 21, 2017
I enjoy working with elementary children and their parents everyday. I always look forward to coming to work everyday. It can be stressful but worth seeing the joy on the children's face.
Cons
healthcare and not enough hours
Higher learning
SITE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 14, 2017
Super awesome staff love the energy and environment. Working with some parents is probably the most complicated part of the day as long as you can adapt well to change as far as lessons, weather plays a key role on activities but overall an excellent job to have
great
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 26, 2017
this job was great. worked with kids and just follow the curriculum which is fairly easy. The only thing I did not like was I still had to prepare for work at home which got frustrating.
Pros
fun
Cons
won't work with school schedule
Fun working place/ Before and after school program
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 18, 2017
Working at Alphabest has been a good experience for me. It's a before and aftercare program that keep the kids engaged in fun, learning activities. They also provide summer camp for the kids which is filled with lots of fun for the children and staff.
Pros
Have fun while you work
Cons
Not enough enough hours
Perfect place for someone who enjoys working with kids
Director In Training(D.I.T.) (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 12, 2017
Management and directors are terrible. Need to hire more qualified people. Area managers will promise raise and you will never see it. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know here.
Pros
So fullinling working with kids, great to be off weekends and every holiday
Cons
No career advancement, poor management, drama im workplace
Productive and fun
Leader (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDOctober 12, 2017
Very fun work place, management just need to be worked on. communication needs to be worked on also. otherwise than that its great especially for expericence.
Produtcive
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2017
Work is good very busy with children!! Always have to be aware of what is going on at al times. Be patient with the students and never over react! Very fun place!
You are better off somewhere else
Director (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 29, 2017
If you don't drink the Kool aid here, you will never make it. Work your tail off and you wont get promoted. Enjoy your job working with kids makes you creepy. Everything that makes sense to you, will not here. Just save your time and energy and apply somewhere that appreciates you.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Shady management, hires anybody who applies, wont fire people for good reason, will fire people for bad reasons, no benefits
productive fun work place
Site Director (Current Employee) –  VASeptember 17, 2017
Staff work a split shift 5:45 - 9:00. I love the morning. We have clubs then we educate children in one of the 4 zones. Then we play a group game and have breakfast. We repeat the process in the evening but include homework time.
Pros
employee children attend free
Cons
No staff work 40 hours per week
Alphabest
Unknown (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 15, 2017
Good place to work. Fast paced, good with children. Excellent care for the youth of the area. Would recommend to someone else. Experience in the field is helpful.
Fun yet Empty
Zone Leader (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The company is an enjoyable place to work at, but everyone seems to dislike their job and the stressful pressure I constantly get does not fit my desire to work for this company any longer.
Pros
Kids, Flexibility
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlphaBEST Education. Our community is ready to answer.