AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity

AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity Employer Reviews

Great local business that helps other businesses grow.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 10, 2014
This company brings fresh new marketing ideas to its clients to help them grow their businesses with their customers. They continually make significant investments to stay ahead of the technology curve.
Not the best
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2014
Management is horrible and don't talk to their employees that well
Need for speed.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Bee Caves Rd, Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: do what you love, graphic design.
Cons: better know all the software, deal with distractions and be super fast.
The shop is owned and managed by individual not the franchise. The franchise offers advice, structure and direction. This was a start up with a person new to managing when I was employed. They had typical growing pains. Only 2-employees. As the only graphic designer I was expected to do everything, answer phones, customer service, read all company emails, – more... respond to customers, vendors, handle issues with sublet printers and more. This is extremely fast paced work with many of interruptions and distractions. You will be working mostly with Adobe CS programs. It would benefit you to know Satori Bulk Mailing software, Excel, Word, Fusion Pro, Imposition and PitStop. I was overwhelmed because I did not know theses printing programs and struggled to learn them on the job which slowed me down. My attempts to get help to resolve issues took too much time and their was no real support to help me. There was no plan in place for workload over flows. I believe they had unreal expectations at the time. They probably were not in a position at the time to invest in employees.

Best part is I did a great job at winning customers and loved design and producing my work. I learned a lot (self taught)! I got into challenging projects and used expert skills to handle them. I made myself proud. Hardest part was frustration, troubleshooting and managing workflow with all the other aspects. In time things may have been resolved. I left and offered my services as a freelancer. This idea worked for awhile but have not heard from them in over a year. Maybe all is well now. – less
Enjoy client interaction - and strong team structure at AGSG
Director of Center Operations (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MD 20877February 22, 2014
Pros: open atmosphere - no one looking over my shoulder
Cons: no healthcare, no real perks
I enjoy the open environment and the team structure/balance that is a must in this job -- the project challenges of hitting extremely tight deadlines and the design/creative part of the projects. Each day proposes a new challenge and requires forethought and creativity. That keeps the day moving and the creative juices going.

I enjoy planning the projects – more... and setting timelines, but the delays by clients that cause deadlines to become even more critical cause high stress and do not allow for any "hiccups" along the way. Developing a strong relationship with local small businesses and vendors for support has been a true asset in consistently maintaining a high level of service to the clients.

I thoroughly enjoy successfully fulfilling the expectations of the clients if not exceeding them--icing on the cake. – less
I would not recommend Alphagraphics
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Cons: the whole experience
It has not been a good experience. Bad pricing/job software, owner is a financial disaster, not involved in the work, only cares about money and how customers pay
I liked working at Alpha but the challenges were very limited.
Pressman (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: the hours were fantastic, but no overtime.
Cons: health care was expensive
I would recommend Alpha for all your printing needs. I think alpha was a good place to work.
fun and challaging
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bannocburn IlJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not mush room to get ahead
my day was taking care of customers computer estimating @ copying
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee), Greenwich CtDecember 27, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: not enough staff
First thing I do when I come in is to check my emails
That haste is waste
Management is easy to work with.
Explaining turn around times to customers.
When you hear the customers sighs of relief,
Enjoyable print projects
Production Artist - Graphic Artist (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 10, 2013
Pros: positive and creative work evironment
Cons: business closed
From business cards and menus to full color newsletters and promotional items... I enjoyed a great variety of design projects for local small businesses. Every day was fun, interesting and opportunities to learn new processes were made readily available by the owner.
Review
Digital Print Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2013
Typical workday involved printing color/bw copies. I also helped bind books, make pads and also designed brochures, flyers, business cards, posters, etc. for customers. Co-workers were nice.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the customers.
Digital Operator (Former Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 27, 2013
Set up files send to Xerox machines and program jobs. Calibrate equipment, order supplies, answered the phone and helped back up customer service.
Productive and good learning opportunities
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Huntington, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Learned alot digital printing and 2 color press. Managers were very accommodating and nice.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 15, 2013
Enjoyed the job. The very many different machines I got to work with was a blast.
Print is dying
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: it's the print industry
Printing industry has declined tremendously. After I left Alphagraphics got into digital marketing solutions, not sure how that is going for them.
Was a Solid Place To Work Good People
Bindery/Driver (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 20, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: hours being cut
Was a Good Job People were Nice
I Would Come in at 8:30 take out All Trash Then Work On Any Job Available!! Bindery Putting Jobs Together Finishing any Jobs/Bindery Cleaning Up I Had Great and Helpful Co-Workers
The Hardest Part of the Job Was Dealing With Problems With the Copiers!! Always Breaking Down for Some Reason!! Did Not Like That!! I Enjoyed – more... The People I Worked With Very Pleasant and Helpful!! Good Team – less
Learning
CUSTOMER SERVICE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 8, 2013
Customer Service, Interpersonal Communication, Workflow Management, Deadline Management, Team Collaboration, Print Industry Experience - Processed customer service orders placed via telephone and in-person; assisted customers in selecting appropriate products and services. Maintained comprehensive understanding of graphic design products and packages. – more... Prepared pricing estimates based on job specifications. Entered orders into Print Smith application; generated invoices and job tickets. – less
Did everything from paste up to major creative
Assistant Art Director (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2013
Gave me my first taste of agency life on a small scale. From being an assistant AD I learned quickly that most creatives are not very organized, so I gained valuable experience in the "what not to do" method.
Great Workplace
Assembler/Temp (Former Employee), Tucson ArizonaJune 18, 2013
Pros: casual dress
Cons: temporary job
I loved working here the coworkers were great and love to teach you new equipment. A very friendly place and even though I worked there for a short time I miss the casual ness of the job.
Certified Print Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 13, 2013
I enjoyed management and all my co-workers. I worked great hours and was a fast paced environment that kept me busy.
Learning the printing press business
GRAPHIC ARTIST (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 23, 2013
Typical day started with a review of pre and post production deadlines. I learned the press production business. Management was very helpful. Good people to work with. Hardest part was the deadlines. Most enjoyable part working with people.