AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity Employee Reviews in United States

Printing..
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2016
At Alpha Graphics, I answered the phone, as well as the emails. Occasionally, printing, and proofing the art work. I kept up with everyone, making sure they are done on time.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Good starting job for a better understanding of printing.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VA 24018July 11, 2016
Working at alphagraphics, I now better understand what goes into printing, and what processes are required. On a typical day I would transfer information, document history, and create graphics for businesses and personal customers. My co-workers are great people, and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be its inconsistency. Some months we would be so busy jobs would get behind, and some months it was so slow I had to leave and go home early. The most enjoyable part of the job would be creating something awesome and seeking the customers response to it.
Pros
Good People, Good work, Good Experience
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Some Frustrating Customers, Low Quality Equipment
Good Company
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 22, 2016
Good company to work for when they are busy. I learned UPS Fed Ex and how to use the trucking companies for freight. I also learned how to use google docs and schedule drivers to get deliveries to the destination on time.
Small, family environment
Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJune 8, 2016
I liked the variety of work that I encountered while I worked there. The main issue was that all of the management team was related. Husband, wife, 2 daughters, son-in-law and son-in-law's sister...in addition to another husband, wife and brother-in-law from another family. This left only 4 people who were not related. They had had their "dream designer" several years and designers previously and nothing could quite be done how she did it.
Pros
Free Lunches, Convenient Location
Love it
Manager / Designer (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 17, 2016
Alphagraphics is a great place to work and I love my co workers. Being a franchise the company really is what you make it to be and it is truly hard to beat.
Francise Business
Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 15, 2016
Great company but each store is run very differently. Some store owners are great, some not. Busy environment and great staff depending on the location.
Fast Paced Work Environment with Lazy Employees
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 30, 2016
Working for AlphaGraphics was a disappointment to say the least. I was eager to learn and break into the field, instead I was doubted and left to do grunt work. My fellow employees were lazy and two faced. Talked bad about me behind my back and watched each others back. I was let go because I wasn't "a good fit" and "didn't get things done fast enough" while my fellow employees would take several smoke breaks a day on the clock and play on their cell phones. AlphaGraphics in Mason Ohio is a terrible place to work.
Pros
None.
Cons
No Benefits, Lack of Management, Lazy Employees
fun workplace
Bindery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 20, 2016
I was responsible for driving all of the deliveries to the clients as well as making business cards. hemming banners, making booklets, as well as large mail orders. Basically anything that needed to be bound in the office I was responsible for including spiral notebooks. I managed my own time and had to make sure everything was done in an organized and timely fashion in order to make it to deliveries on time.
Pros
a fun workplace with a lot of good caring people including the boss
Cons
a lot of pressure during the high ordering times
Productive and customer service driven workplace
Bindery, Delivery Driver, Wide -Format Printing (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Customer service driven environment
Supportive co-workers
Personable management
Learned a great deal about printing industry
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Occasional oppressive workload
Best place to work
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
I was running the company and under me were other 25 workers who I supervised at a warehouse. I only had to report to the owner of the company who was a very bright and shrewd businessman and I learnt a lot from him
Nepotism and Favoritism Prevail
Large Format Lead, Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 19, 2015
-The owners are barely around (<24 hrs a week), and have little to no industry knowledge
-They play favorites among employees, making an extremely bizarre and uncomfortable work environment
-Sales is a complete mess and disaster- they wear jeans and t-shirts, and deal with customers less than production somehow, are paid much more, and do not understand that printing sales is different than general sales
-Constantly changing rules and policies and procedures - one minute something is fine, the next minute it is wrong and you are written up
-They were ALWAYS at least 3 months late with every employee review

In summary:

Poor place to work. Tons of corporate rules and philosophy abound, the owners use the place as a daycare for their family a fair amount of the time, you will be blamed for things you didn't do, and similarly watch people who messed up big things not get in any trouble at all. They treat you like a two year old, you have to tell everybody anytime you do anything, they yell at you like a little child instead of discussing things like an adult with you if you do mess something up, and they always push you to work harder to meet goals, and then the salespeople and the owners are the only people who get any benefits from hitting those goals. I was able to learn a lot from a certain person, but they are gone now, and Alpha's business will steadily decline in this area because their whole top end knows little to nothing about printing, which they are supposed to be masters of.
Great
Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZOctober 2, 2015
Very high paced
Design and graphics
Great franchise owners
fun and friendly coworkers
meeting deadlines
learning something new almost every day
Pros
Bonuses and Insurance
Cons
Understaffing
Excellent Job
Accounts Receivable/Payable/Collections Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJAugust 28, 2015
I love this company! The owner is always willing to go the extra mile in all aspects. The atmosphere is laid back. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
Great environment, learning atmosphere
Excellent work environment with strong leadership
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Alphagraphics. It was a solid company to work for and I had great team members and management. You can only go so far within the company without owning it.
Enjoyable job that allows feeling productive at the end of the day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, New JerseyJune 23, 2015
I was pleased to find this to be a challenging job. I enjoy building existing accounts and closing new ones. I had a little difficulty with the level of "teamwork" as in that specific business all parties definitely need to work together in order to accomplish our goals.
Professional Environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2015
A typical day as a Graphic Designer at Alphagraphics was a challenge.

I learned new communication skills each day. New clients were always needing design and marketing materials as well as advice.

I managed all design materials. Each day required a different set of skills. Some days I would be branding a company, other days, I would be designing designing marketing materials.

I was responsible for contacting each client about the requirements they had and what their goal was, so I could provide the proper skill set to help them achieve this goal.

I would then, with final approval, get their products ready for pre-press or launch.

My co-workers very friendly and open.

The hardest part of my job was to know get used to the print industry and how my designs reflected on paper.

The most enjoyable part was being able to learn new ways to express my creativity.
Pros
New Experience in this type of work environment
Cons
Franchise business
over woked and under payed
hand bindry (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2015
very un organized work environment, management needs training, supervisor needs training, employees are hard to get along with, lots of misconduct at this company by supervisor or managment
Pros
treats at the end of the month, holiday lunches
Cons
under payed
great work enviroment
bindery (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2015
loved alpha graphics the people yhe enviroment the way i used to get my job duties done on time in a professional timely matter learned and became a expert in all fields i was assigned to do
Pros
experiance
AG - Account Rep + Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJApril 24, 2015
Answer phones, customer service, print production, estimating/job quotes, bindery, filing, packaging and shipping, other managerial duties.

I learned about the printing aspect of design.

NO coworkers

Hardest part of the job is not having a team environment.

Enjoyable part of the job is customer service.
Pros
Yearly bonus of $100
Cons
Unpaid breaks, no healthcare/benefits
The Best!
Customer Service rep. (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 15, 2015
One of (if not the) most enjoyable environments to work in. Our customers satisfaction is a direct result of the personalized, creative and attentive professional service they receive.
Pros
Flexible schedule, advancement, neighborhood location.
Cons
No retirement, health care benes.

2.7