AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity Employee Reviews

Productive and customer service driven workplace
Bindery, Delivery Driver, Wide -Format Printing (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Customer service driven environment
Supportive co-workers
Personable management
Learned a great deal about printing industry
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Occasional oppressive workload
Best place to work
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
I was running the company and under me were other 25 workers who I supervised at a warehouse. I only had to report to the owner of the company who was a very bright and shrewd businessman and I learnt a lot from him
Nepotism and Favoritism Prevail
Large Format Lead, Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 19, 2015
-The owners are barely around (<24 hrs a week), and have little to no industry knowledge
-They play favorites among employees, making an extremely bizarre and uncomfortable work environment
-Sales is a complete mess and disaster- they wear jeans and t-shirts, and deal with customers less than production somehow, are paid much more, and do not understand that printing sales is different than general sales
-Constantly changing rules and policies and procedures - one minute something is fine, the next minute it is wrong and you are written up
-They were ALWAYS at least 3 months late with every employee review

In summary:

Poor place to work. Tons of corporate rules and philosophy abound, the owners use the place as a daycare for their family a fair amount of the time, you will be blamed for things you didn't do, and similarly watch people who messed up big things not get in any trouble at all. They treat you like a two year old, you have to tell everybody anytime you do anything, they yell at you like a little child instead of discussing things like an adult with you if you do mess something up, and they always push you to work harder to meet goals, and then the salespeople and the owners are the only people who get any benefits from hitting those goals. I was able to learn a lot from a certain person, but they are gone now, and Alpha's business will steadily decline in this area because their whole top end knows little to nothing about printing, which they are supposed to be masters of.
Great
Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZOctober 2, 2015
Very high paced
Design and graphics
Great franchise owners
fun and friendly coworkers
meeting deadlines
learning something new almost every day
Pros
Bonuses and Insurance
Cons
Understaffing
Excellent Job
Accounts Receivable/Payable/Collections Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJAugust 28, 2015
I love this company! The owner is always willing to go the extra mile in all aspects. The atmosphere is laid back. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
Great environment, learning atmosphere
Excellent work environment with strong leadership
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Alphagraphics. It was a solid company to work for and I had great team members and management. You can only go so far within the company without owning it.
Enjoyable job that allows feeling productive at the end of the day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, New JerseyJune 23, 2015
I was pleased to find this to be a challenging job. I enjoy building existing accounts and closing new ones. I had a little difficulty with the level of "teamwork" as in that specific business all parties definitely need to work together in order to accomplish our goals.
Professional Environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2015
A typical day as a Graphic Designer at Alphagraphics was a challenge.

I learned new communication skills each day. New clients were always needing design and marketing materials as well as advice.

I managed all design materials. Each day required a different set of skills. Some days I would be branding a company, other days, I would be designing designing marketing materials.

I was responsible for contacting each client about the requirements they had and what their goal was, so I could provide the proper skill set to help them achieve this goal.

I would then, with final approval, get their products ready for pre-press or launch.

My co-workers very friendly and open.

The hardest part of my job was to know get used to the print industry and how my designs reflected on paper.

The most enjoyable part was being able to learn new ways to express my creativity.
Pros
New Experience in this type of work environment
Cons
Franchise business
over woked and under payed
hand bindry (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2015
very un organized work environment, management needs training, supervisor needs training, employees are hard to get along with, lots of misconduct at this company by supervisor or managment
Pros
treats at the end of the month, holiday lunches
Cons
under payed
great work enviroment
bindery (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2015
loved alpha graphics the people yhe enviroment the way i used to get my job duties done on time in a professional timely matter learned and became a expert in all fields i was assigned to do
Pros
experiance
AG - Account Rep + Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJApril 24, 2015
Answer phones, customer service, print production, estimating/job quotes, bindery, filing, packaging and shipping, other managerial duties.

I learned about the printing aspect of design.

NO coworkers

Hardest part of the job is not having a team environment.

Enjoyable part of the job is customer service.
Pros
Yearly bonus of $100
Cons
Unpaid breaks, no healthcare/benefits
The Best!
Customer Service rep. (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 15, 2015
One of (if not the) most enjoyable environments to work in. Our customers satisfaction is a direct result of the personalized, creative and attentive professional service they receive.
Pros
Flexible schedule, advancement, neighborhood location.
Cons
No retirement, health care benes.
Hard place to work if you aren't tech savvy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 25, 2015
Every day there would be a huge project to complete and many small ones that required immediate attention. It was hard trying to find a balance between the two. I did learn a lot about the types of printing, binding, and projects that could be completed as well as cost. The management was probably the worst I've ever had. One of the managers was very inadequate when dealing with customers (who would later call in and complain about him). That made the job a lot harder than it should've been. There were lots of issues.

For the most part my co-workers were nice, except when management couldn't control their behavior at work. It was very unprofessional. Some would start yelling and swearing while customers were in the building. One even swore at me in front of a customer. It was very abusive.

Like the headline says - if you're not good at using computers or printers, then this job isn't for you. Unless you're a fast learner, it'll be short lived.

The only part that was enjoyable was the first month working there. It all fell apart after that.
Pros
Learning about the print industry
Cons
Poor communication, mediocre management, and unprofessional employees
Productive and fun work enviroment
Journeyman Pressman (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2015
Most of the days were great but their are days at any job that are hard. I learned a lot about teamwork and other levels of the graphics industry. Management was attentive and helpful. Co-workers were mostly easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was to perform at the highest level every day. The most enjoyable part was to perform at my highest level every day.
Pros
great location and great people
Cons
i will not be there any more
Book keeper/ Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Altanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Responsible for maintaining and updating books of accounts, over viewing company financial statements and collection of receivables from various customers
Quick Books:
- creation of new vendor accounts, recognition of liability and payments to vendors through printed checks, issuance of checks and credit card
- creation of unpaid bill reports
Good Place to work.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 7, 2015
Good people, Good company. Valuable experience, Great Sales Experience, Printing educatiuon
not much to mention. a small business unit
Accountant (Current Employee) –  AtlantaJanuary 5, 2015
Bills posting of vendors and expenses, payments to suppliers, posting in customer accounts, recocilliation of bank account and credit card accounts, month end provisons, journal entries, adjsuting entries, account receivables statements, aging of receivables, etc
Cons
no incentive for any pay increase due to small business having unprofitable operations
Supportive intigrated team
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJNovember 25, 2014
I loved the environment in which I worked. The leadership was supportive and imaginative. A typical day would invlove going through potential clients and sending art to current clients for approval. Often ou would meet face to face with clients to discuss art ideas and printing needs. Hardest part of the job was the work load. You could be working on 5 to 8 different clients at a time, some large jobs and other small quick ones.
A great learning experence
Graphic Designer/Pre-press Technician (Former Employee) –  Portage, MichiganNovember 5, 2014
AlphaGraphics was a great place for me to learn how to be a graphic designer. I learned how to work with clients and how to sell my skills as a graphic designer. Before it went out of business it was a great place to work.
Pros
clients interaction, great learning place
Cons
went out of business
Bindery & Customer Sales Rep
Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 25, 2014
Fun atmosphere, and a great place if you like to watch an idea turn into an actual product. Unfortunately, it felt we were understaffed and there wasn't enough labor to get the work done efficiently and in good quality. Customers were great to work with and helping their business grow was most satisfying. Co-workers became like family, and the owner as well as was friendly. Great place for sales opportunity, there is an awesome sales support team and the corporation provides many resource for those who are looking to further their sales career.
Pros
experiences to grow
Cons
high demand from customers can be stressfull