AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity Employee Reviews

Would not recommend to anyone
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 14, 2017
Management is a joke and the pay is even worse. No benefits, hardly any PTO. There is no such thing as a team and the owner is hardly involved. When he is involved, he messes things up because he doesn't know what he is talking about or how a print shop should actually run. Don't waste your time.
It's a busy place but like the customers and interesting jobs that come in.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 9, 2017
Quite busy. I answer phones, greet customers, write estimates/jobs, download customer files, prepare jobs for printing, print using copiers, filing, faxing, and email correspondence. I enjoy designing print jobs and speaking with the customers. Management could be more knowledgeable about procedures within the business. Being so busy can sometimes be quite overwhelming and help would be nice but the lack of experience or interest of coworkers is stressful. Overall, I enjoy the variety of jobs that come in and learning how to assist the customers with their needs.
Pros
Like doing a variety of jobs and meeting the customers.
Cons
Overwhelming at times
Good place
manager of an ISO certified shop (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 9, 2017
Owners had no prior experience in the printing field. Shop equipment did not match what they wanted to sell. The people I worked with also had no experience. They had no sales people until it was too late. No longer in business
Pros
Great people
Cons
no sales people
Terrible Management and high turnover
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 30, 2017
During my time with Alpha Graphics I was constantly mistreated by the owner. Often times the staff would be called stupid. There was no real policies like most companies had. If and when someone would stand up for these things, they would get fired. Like me.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 26, 2017
Good place to work and a really good team atmosphere amongst my coworkers. It was a very structured environment especially when it came to the production of the printed and copied materials.
The location that I worked at should not be used as a barometer for other locations to be gauged upon.
Large Format Finishing Specialist, I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2017
An overall unpleasant experience . Business had no sales team , production staff was asked to solicit business in office building that strictly prohibits the practice of soliciting .
Pros
location
Cons
management
poor place to work
Bindery Operator/ Press Feeder (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 4, 2017
Very Very Bad Management. The manager is quick to play favorites. Super sexist,and loves to berate employees in front of other employees. Small company with no advancement.
Pros
very nice employees and lots of work
Cons
Management, no advancement, little reward to work there
was great until sold to a new owner
Delivery Driver/Large Format Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 27, 2017
The new owner has little to no experience with managing people. He constantly changes his mind on things, and is very hard to communicate with. He doesn't offer his people any incentives to stay and constantly skirts the issue of paying them what they are worth. I'm sure given time, and enough people leaving his company he will learn, but until then he is not someone I would recommend working for.
Productive and serious place to work
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at work is interacting with client, vendors and others to keep production moving forward.
I learned what how a team environment makes operations run smooth for a very busy franchise.
I believe management at this location runs well.
The workplace culture is great everyone gets along and work close together.
The hardest part of the job I believe prioritizing work flow at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a well respected franchise knowing I was part of it's workforce.
Pros
Lots of training for everyone in the company.
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Productive Workplace
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 7, 2017
I loved AG, the employees and the customers. Being a small, locally owned franchise, the employees of AlphaGraphics all knew each other, and we also built close relationships with customers.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Macon Franchise Location Closure
Decent place to work.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2017
There are times when it's calm and times when it's impossible to get things done on time. Sometimes the office takes too much on at once and then it puts unnecessary stress on all staff. The people are fantastic though.
Love my Co-Workers
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CASeptember 1, 2017
I really like working WITH the people in my office, the job tasks are a little mundane & tedious at times but overall not too bad. There is very little room for pay or career advancement.
Fast paced environment, never bored,saw many changes in the print industry.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 29, 2017
I had been in outside sales for over 22 years with this same company. They asked if I would change from commission sales to a salaried "PR Specialist" position. The public relations specialist was a new role management wanted to try. As a 'specialist' I found new businesses and introduced our company's products and services in order to grow and expand the business. The idea was then for the outside sales force to followup to set appointments and meet with them. This did not happen.

The most enjoyable part of this role was meeting new people and learning about their business and how we might partner with them.
Fast paced, deadline driven industry
Vice-President Production (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 20, 2017
In the world of printing, direct mail and fulfillment no two days are ever the same. The industry is always evolving and changing which keeps it challenging. I love the fast pace, deadline driven part of the industry and appreciate the complexity of the projects I have managed over the years. These projects have all taught me to appreciate the importance of being a detail driven manager with an eye for perfection.
busy, high paced graphics shop
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me was sitting by the computer answering the phones, or sometimes cutting paper if it was a busy day. I learned how to manage the front of a store, as well as deal with clients that were sometimes difficult. The management was fair in their processes and procedures. The workplace environment was busy, but fun.
Friendly, Hard Working Co-Workers
Sales Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2017
Alphagraphics is a nice workplace to learn about the print industry and gain sales office experience. Be apart of every print project from the starting project proposals to the finished piece as it is trimmed and packaged.
Alphagraphics on Elliot has the worst management. Be aware.
Production Designer/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2017
I was hired on the spot and forced to quit my previous job on bad terms because management at Alphagraphics needed me to get all the training possible through a designer who had quit on the spot. With that being said, i was given poor training and then let go after the had enough time to properly another designer. I worked at a vary high stress level at alpha and now i can't can't go back to my old job because of the terms of my resignation.
Pros
Gained a lot of exposure
Cons
management
Stressful Place to work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 8, 2017
Blame is put where is shouldn't be. Management can be a bit sloppy. Typical day can go from stressful to relaxing back stressful.
Summers a usually slow.
Fantastic people, great environment
Part-time Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 14, 2017
The owner is amazing and the people who work at Alpha Graphics are awesome. Great place to work, the work I did was good. This job was a great experience.
Print Production Manager
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 6, 2017
Print production manager at a small commercial printing / high speed duplicating facility with state of the art technolgy. Learned all about four color process printing and finishing.
Pros
Excellent staff