AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity

AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity United States Employee Reviews

AG - Account Rep + Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Mountainside, NJApril 24, 2015
Pros: Yearly bonus of $100
Cons: Unpaid breaks, no healthcare/benefits
Answer phones, customer service, print production, estimating/job quotes, bindery, filing, packaging and shipping, other managerial duties.

I learned about the printing aspect of design.

NO coworkers

Hardest part of the job is not having a team environment.

Enjoyable part of the job is customer service.
The Best!
Customer Service rep. (Current Employee), North CarolinaApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, advancement, neighborhood location.
Cons: No retirement, health care benes.
One of (if not the) most enjoyable environments to work in. Our customers satisfaction is a direct result of the personalized, creative and attentive professional service they receive.
Hard place to work if you aren't tech savvy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Learning about the print industry
Cons: Poor communication, mediocre management, and unprofessional employees
Every day there would be a huge project to complete and many small ones that required immediate attention. It was hard trying to find a balance between the two. I did learn a lot about the types of printing, binding, and projects that could be completed as well as cost. The management was probably the worst I've ever had. One of the managers was very inadequate when dealing with customers (who would later call in and complain about him). That made the job a lot harder than it should've been. There were lots of issues.

For the most part my co-workers were nice, except when management couldn't control their behavior at work. It was very unprofessional. Some would start yelling and swearing while customers were in the building. One even swore at me in front of a customer. It was very abusive.

Like the headline says - if you're not good at using computers or printers, then this job isn't for you. Unless you're a fast learner, it'll be short lived.

The only part that was enjoyable was the first month working there. It all fell apart after that.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Journeyman Pressman (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great location and great people
Cons: i will not be there any more
Most of the days were great but their are days at any job that are hard. I learned a lot about teamwork and other levels of the graphics industry. Management was attentive and helpful. Co-workers were mostly easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was to perform at the highest level every day. The most enjoyable part was to perform at my highest level every day.
Book keeper/ Accountant
Accountant (Current Employee), Altanta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Responsible for maintaining and updating books of accounts, over viewing company financial statements and collection of receivables from various customers
Quick Books:
- creation of new vendor accounts, recognition of liability and payments to vendors through printed checks, issuance of checks and credit card
- creation of unpaid bill reports
Good Place to work.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Elkhart, INJanuary 7, 2015
Good people, Good company. Valuable experience, Great Sales Experience, Printing educatiuon
not much to mention. a small business unit
Accountant (Current Employee), AtlantaJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: no incentive for any pay increase due to small business having unprofitable operations
Bills posting of vendors and expenses, payments to suppliers, posting in customer accounts, recocilliation of bank account and credit card accounts, month end provisons, journal entries, adjsuting entries, account receivables statements, aging of receivables, etc
Supportive intigrated team
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Hillsborough, NJNovember 25, 2014
I loved the environment in which I worked. The leadership was supportive and imaginative. A typical day would invlove going through potential clients and sending art to current clients for approval. Often ou would meet face to face with clients to discuss art ideas and printing needs. Hardest part of the job was the work load. You could be working on 5 to 8 different clients at a time, some large jobs and other small quick ones.
A great learning experence
Graphic Designer/Pre-press Technician (Former Employee), Portage, MichiganNovember 5, 2014
Pros: clients interaction, great learning place
Cons: went out of business
AlphaGraphics was a great place for me to learn how to be a graphic designer. I learned how to work with clients and how to sell my skills as a graphic designer. Before it went out of business it was a great place to work.
Bindery & Customer Sales Rep
Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTOctober 25, 2014
Pros: experiences to grow
Cons: high demand from customers can be stressfull
Fun atmosphere, and a great place if you like to watch an idea turn into an actual product. Unfortunately, it felt we were understaffed and there wasn't enough labor to get the work done efficiently and in good quality. Customers were great to work with and helping their business grow was most satisfying. Co-workers became like family, and the owner as well as was friendly. Great place for sales opportunity, there is an awesome sales support team and the corporation provides many resource for those who are looking to further their sales career.
Friendly workplace & a gainful work experience.
Bindery & Fulfillment Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 23, 2014
Pros: friendly work place, works as a team, a fun place to work.
I was able to increase my work abilities, and learn new skills that I can use in the future. I worked in the backroom in the production department. The co-workers were friendly, as was the management at the location I worked at.

The hardest part of the job was probably if a piece of equipment broke down or peeling some small lettering off a wrap for a vehicle.

The most enjoyable part was probably being able to focus on the task at hand and being able to efficiently accomplish it; specifically when I was able to use more of my skills.
A fair place to work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: four day work week (contracted to work city government schedule); hour-long lunch; dynamic work
Cons: location, low pay, no benefits, little job security
The work is great. Dealing with customers is fun and generally a satisfying facet of the job. Working with strict deadlines forces employees to be organized and on top of their workloads. The main problems are around job security and management. While there has always been a steady workflow, it's difficult to work with other vendors and partners when they haven't been paid for their work. That makes us wonder about the cash flow and whether our own jobs may potentially be at risk. As it is, the pay for the full-time employees (there are only four of them, not including the owner) is not sufficient and benefits like health care were taken away right after I was hired, before I was eligible to receive them. Also, the office in which I work is located in a basement, so there are no windows and customers complain about the difficulty in finding us.

But everyone that works at this Alphagraphics is pleasant to work with, there is very little friction within the staff, and there is seldom a dull day.
Great local business that helps other businesses grow.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 10, 2014
This company brings fresh new marketing ideas to its clients to help them grow their businesses with their customers. They continually make significant investments to stay ahead of the technology curve.
Not the best
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2014
Management is horrible and don't talk to their employees that well
Need for speed.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Bee Caves Rd, Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: do what you love, graphic design.
Cons: better know all the software, deal with distractions and be super fast.
The shop is owned and managed by individual not the franchise. The franchise offers advice, structure and direction. This was a start up with a person new to managing when I was employed. They had typical growing pains. Only 2-employees. As the only graphic designer I was expected to do everything, answer phones, customer service, read all company emails, respond to customers, vendors, handle issues with sublet printers and more. This is extremely fast paced work with many of interruptions and distractions. You will be working mostly with Adobe CS programs. It would benefit you to know Satori Bulk Mailing software, Excel, Word, Fusion Pro, Imposition and PitStop. I was overwhelmed because I did not know theses printing programs and struggled to learn them on the job which slowed me down. My attempts to get help to resolve issues took too much time and their was no real support to help me. There was no plan in place for workload over flows. I believe they had unreal expectations at the time. They probably were not in a position at the time to invest in employees.

Best part is I did a great job at winning customers and loved design and producing my work. I learned a lot (self taught)! I got into challenging projects and used expert skills to handle them. I made myself proud. Hardest part was frustration, troubleshooting and managing workflow with all the other aspects. In time things may have been resolved. I left and offered my services as a freelancer. This idea worked for awhile but have not heard from them in over a year. Maybe all is well now.
Enjoy client interaction - and strong team structure at AGSG
Director of Center Operations (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MD 20877February 22, 2014
Pros: open atmosphere - no one looking over my shoulder
Cons: no healthcare, no real perks
I enjoy the open environment and the team structure/balance that is a must in this job -- the project challenges of hitting extremely tight deadlines and the design/creative part of the projects. Each day proposes a new challenge and requires forethought and creativity. That keeps the day moving and the creative juices going.

I enjoy planning the projects and setting timelines, but the delays by clients that cause deadlines to become even more critical cause high stress and do not allow for any "hiccups" along the way. Developing a strong relationship with local small businesses and vendors for support has been a true asset in consistently maintaining a high level of service to the clients.

I thoroughly enjoy successfully fulfilling the expectations of the clients if not exceeding them--icing on the cake.
I would not recommend Alphagraphics
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Cons: the whole experience
It has not been a good experience. Bad pricing/job software, owner is a financial disaster, not involved in the work, only cares about money and how customers pay
I liked working at Alpha but the challenges were very limited.
Pressman (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: the hours were fantastic, but no overtime.
Cons: health care was expensive
I would recommend Alpha for all your printing needs. I think alpha was a good place to work.
fun and challaging
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bannocburn IlJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not mush room to get ahead
my day was taking care of customers computer estimating @ copying
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee), Greenwich CtDecember 27, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: not enough staff
First thing I do when I come in is to check my emails
That haste is waste
Management is easy to work with.
Explaining turn around times to customers.
When you hear the customers sighs of relief,

1 2 3