AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity Employee Reviews

Unorganized and Unprofessional
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2016
If you have any ounce of dignity for respect for yourself, do not work here. The owner is unorganized and unprofessional. Sales manager argues with the owner right in front of the employees. Owner is cheap. Will not spend the extra money to take care of his employees. It's almost as if he purposely chooses to inconvenience his employees. Completely inefficient. No benefits, no insurance. Commission is not fair, they have a poor structure for that.
Pros
No pros at all.
Cons
Everything. Literally, everything.
Enjoyable and large work space with great people
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. I learned how to set up for print, large format and otherwise. I learned how to create designs faster and look better. I also learned how to create proofs for clients and how to interact with them better. The people I worked with were great and were very supportive.
As an Employee of Alphagraphics
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 19, 2016
Over the years, I gained a lot of experience in the high speed copy and print business. I learned all aspects of digital files including what was required for offset press printing as well as digital press printing. I learned bindery skills required in finishing projects. This production work environment, though sometimes physical, was mainly customer service oriented.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers and the ability to meet their needs whenever called upon. There is great satisfaction in helping someone with what they consider to be an impossible task.
The most frustrating part of the job was working with team mates with a less than stellar work ethic.
Pros
This franchise owner was generous and understanding of employee leave for family hardships
Cons
Micromanagement, years without raises, no advancement opportunities
great people and fun place to work
Customer Service Rep, I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Excellent place to work, great benefits, you work with out supervision and it's no hassle everyone has a job to do and at the end of the day all work is complete. The company would buy us lunch every other Friday witch was a plus so great place to work.
These 2 owners have no clue!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 3, 2016
The owners of this Alphagraphics in Palm Beach Gardens have no clue what there doing!!
Employees over worked underpaid. Every job is a rush job. They can't seem to hold onto
employees!! This is not the place you want to work at!! The owner micro manages and is constantly
Over your shoulder making sure he's getting every penny out of you he's paying you!!!
Pros
You will lose weight because you will be running all day
Cons
Over worked under paid
Same as Label Tech
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZNovember 19, 2016
They were the same owners as Label tech and no pay on time and they wanted me to do my job without any material that was needed for the job. They were not always there, only for a few hours. They had a guy who would not do anything but yet they would pay him first of all us.
Alphagraphics
Receptionist, Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 23, 2017
Really great place to work. Sad to have left and then sad that they closed the shop down. Worked the front counter, ordered paper and supplies for jobs as needed.
Pros
Great workplace.
Cons
No benefits.
Alphagraphics is a growing company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 28, 2017
Alphagraphics is a growing company in marketing and printing. All location are individually owned and operated. Services differ from store to store. All do printing.
The owner was amazing.
CSR Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 25, 2016
One of the best places I have ever worked. The only downside was no benefits or room for advancing. The franchise owner was on sight and wasn't scared to get his hands dirty he worked right along with the staff.
Good starting job for a better understanding of printing.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VA 24018July 11, 2016
Working at alphagraphics, I now better understand what goes into printing, and what processes are required. On a typical day I would transfer information, document history, and create graphics for businesses and personal customers. My co-workers are great people, and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be its inconsistency. Some months we would be so busy jobs would get behind, and some months it was so slow I had to leave and go home early. The most enjoyable part of the job would be creating something awesome and seeking the customers response to it.
Pros
Good People, Good work, Good Experience
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Some Frustrating Customers, Low Quality Equipment
Stressful place to work and people there aren't friendly
Prepress Technician/ Digital Copy Operator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 3, 2016
If you have other opportunities with other company take them you'll regret working for these guys. Unreasonable expectation of job requirements.
Pros
Coffee breaks, christmas lunch free
Cons
High stress office
Small, family environment
Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJune 8, 2016
I liked the variety of work that I encountered while I worked there. The main issue was that all of the management team was related. Husband, wife, 2 daughters, son-in-law and son-in-law's sister...in addition to another husband, wife and brother-in-law from another family. This left only 4 people who were not related. They had had their "dream designer" several years and designers previously and nothing could quite be done how she did it.
Pros
Free Lunches, Convenient Location
Printing..
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2016
At Alpha Graphics, I answered the phone, as well as the emails. Occasionally, printing, and proofing the art work. I kept up with everyone, making sure they are done on time.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Fast Paced Work Environment with Lazy Employees
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 30, 2016
Working for AlphaGraphics was a disappointment to say the least. I was eager to learn and break into the field, instead I was doubted and left to do grunt work. My fellow employees were lazy and two faced. Talked bad about me behind my back and watched each others back. I was let go because I wasn't "a good fit" and "didn't get things done fast enough" while my fellow employees would take several smoke breaks a day on the clock and play on their cell phones. AlphaGraphics in Mason Ohio is a terrible place to work.
Pros
None.
Cons
No Benefits, Lack of Management, Lazy Employees
Good Company
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 22, 2016
Good company to work for when they are busy. I learned UPS Fed Ex and how to use the trucking companies for freight. I also learned how to use google docs and schedule drivers to get deliveries to the destination on time.
fun workplace
Bindery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 20, 2016
I was responsible for driving all of the deliveries to the clients as well as making business cards. hemming banners, making booklets, as well as large mail orders. Basically anything that needed to be bound in the office I was responsible for including spiral notebooks. I managed my own time and had to make sure everything was done in an organized and timely fashion in order to make it to deliveries on time.
Pros
a fun workplace with a lot of good caring people including the boss
Cons
a lot of pressure during the high ordering times
Love it
Manager / Designer (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 17, 2016
Alphagraphics is a great place to work and I love my co workers. Being a franchise the company really is what you make it to be and it is truly hard to beat.
Francise Business
Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 15, 2016
Great company but each store is run very differently. Some store owners are great, some not. Busy environment and great staff depending on the location.
Productive and customer service driven workplace
Bindery, Delivery Driver, Wide -Format Printing (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Customer service driven environment
Supportive co-workers
Personable management
Learned a great deal about printing industry
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Occasional oppressive workload
Best place to work
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
I was running the company and under me were other 25 workers who I supervised at a warehouse. I only had to report to the owner of the company who was a very bright and shrewd businessman and I learnt a lot from him

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9