AlphaGraphics Franchise Opportunity Employee Reviews

busy, high paced graphics shop
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me was sitting by the computer answering the phones, or sometimes cutting paper if it was a busy day. I learned how to manage the front of a store, as well as deal with clients that were sometimes difficult. The management was fair in their processes and procedures. The workplace environment was busy, but fun.
Friendly, Hard Working Co-Workers
Sales Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2017
Alphagraphics is a nice workplace to learn about the print industry and gain sales office experience. Be apart of every print project from the starting project proposals to the finished piece as it is trimmed and packaged.
Alphagraphics on Elliot has the worst management. Be aware.
Production Designer/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2017
I was hired on the spot and forced to quit my previous job on bad terms because management at Alphagraphics needed me to get all the training possible through a designer who had quit on the spot. With that being said, i was given poor training and then let go after the had enough time to properly another designer. I worked at a vary high stress level at alpha and now i can't can't go back to my old job because of the terms of my resignation.
Pros
Gained a lot of exposure
Cons
management
Stressful Place to work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 8, 2017
Blame is put where is shouldn't be. Management can be a bit sloppy. Typical day can go from stressful to relaxing back stressful.
Summers a usually slow.
Fantastic people, great environment
Part-time Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 14, 2017
The owner is amazing and the people who work at Alpha Graphics are awesome. Great place to work, the work I did was good. This job was a great experience.
Print Production Manager
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 6, 2017
Print production manager at a small commercial printing / high speed duplicating facility with state of the art technolgy. Learned all about four color process printing and finishing.
Pros
Excellent staff
Not to bad
PROJECT COORDINATOR, ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2017
The Alphagraphics I worked at had a good culture amongst the employees. If you have an interest in small format printing or printing in general its a great place to cut your teeth. Advancement is a little lacking but its also a small store. The owner was great and easy to talk to and understanding.
Pros
Company events, culture
Cons
No Insurance and advancement is not really available
Very Fast Paced Production Shop
Large Format Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2017
I have worked here for 8 years now. I did not like the new company handbook rules and regulations just put out this month. And for that I'm looking for a new job.
Pros
Production workflow is very fast paced. Big name clients.
Cons
there are less than 25 employees. Many Illinois rules do not apply, No set schedules for raises.
Enjoyable place to work
Delivery /Bindery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2017
Map out my routes for the day. I learned how to get around the town. I learned how to use the bindery equipment and cutters. It was a fun environment to work in. Hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part was being a part of their team.
Enjoyable and large work space with great people
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. I learned how to set up for print, large format and otherwise. I learned how to create designs faster and look better. I also learned how to create proofs for clients and how to interact with them better. The people I worked with were great and were very supportive.
great people and fun place to work
Customer Service Rep, I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Excellent place to work, great benefits, you work with out supervision and it's no hassle everyone has a job to do and at the end of the day all work is complete. The company would buy us lunch every other Friday witch was a plus so great place to work.
Alphagraphics is a growing company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 28, 2017
Alphagraphics is a growing company in marketing and printing. All location are individually owned and operated. Services differ from store to store. All do printing.
Alphagraphics
Receptionist, Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 23, 2017
Really great place to work. Sad to have left and then sad that they closed the shop down. Worked the front counter, ordered paper and supplies for jobs as needed.
Pros
Great workplace.
Cons
No benefits.
Unorganized and Unprofessional
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2016
If you have any ounce of dignity for respect for yourself, do not work here. The owner is unorganized and unprofessional. Sales manager argues with the owner right in front of the employees. Owner is cheap. Will not spend the extra money to take care of his employees. It's almost as if he purposely chooses to inconvenience his employees. Completely inefficient. No benefits, no insurance. Commission is not fair, they have a poor structure for that.
Pros
No pros at all.
Cons
Everything. Literally, everything.
As an Employee of Alphagraphics
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 19, 2016
Over the years, I gained a lot of experience in the high speed copy and print business. I learned all aspects of digital files including what was required for offset press printing as well as digital press printing. I learned bindery skills required in finishing projects. This production work environment, though sometimes physical, was mainly customer service oriented.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers and the ability to meet their needs whenever called upon. There is great satisfaction in helping someone with what they consider to be an impossible task.
The most frustrating part of the job was working with team mates with a less than stellar work ethic.
Pros
This franchise owner was generous and understanding of employee leave for family hardships
Cons
Micromanagement, years without raises, no advancement opportunities
Same as Label Tech
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZNovember 19, 2016
They were the same owners as Label tech and no pay on time and they wanted me to do my job without any material that was needed for the job. They were not always there, only for a few hours. They had a guy who would not do anything but yet they would pay him first of all us.
The owner was amazing.
CSR Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 25, 2016
One of the best places I have ever worked. The only downside was no benefits or room for advancing. The franchise owner was on sight and wasn't scared to get his hands dirty he worked right along with the staff.
These 2 owners have no clue!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 3, 2016
The owners of this Alphagraphics in Palm Beach Gardens have no clue what there doing!!
Employees over worked underpaid. Every job is a rush job. They can't seem to hold onto
employees!! This is not the place you want to work at!! The owner micro manages and is constantly
Over your shoulder making sure he's getting every penny out of you he's paying you!!!
Pros
You will lose weight because you will be running all day
Cons
Over worked under paid
Stressful place to work and people there aren't friendly
Prepress Technician/ Digital Copy Operator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 3, 2016
If you have other opportunities with other company take them you'll regret working for these guys. Unreasonable expectation of job requirements.
Pros
Coffee breaks, christmas lunch free
Cons
High stress office
Printing..
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2016
At Alpha Graphics, I answered the phone, as well as the emails. Occasionally, printing, and proofing the art work. I kept up with everyone, making sure they are done on time.
Pros
1 hour lunch