Alphanumeric Systems, Inc Employee Reviews

Would not recommend to a colleague or business.
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2014
At the forefront, Alphanumeric appears to have a decent business model with knowledgeable and professional owners/CEO.

The internal organization, policies, SOP's and team building are non-existent. It's a "work-horse" environment with no ROI. After working with several clients and projects which were misquoted in both time and expense by the Alphanumeric sales team and Solutions Director, I found this group both unprofessional and irresponsible for their actions.

I would NOT recommend the services of this company to any colleague or business partner.
Pros
Knowledgeable Engineers
Cons
Director of Sales/Solutions should NOT be managing IT Engineers.
Excellent experience with fulfilling contactural employment opportunity
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 2, 2012
A typical work day would begin at 8am to 5pm at a Department of South Carolina Social Services office to unistall a departments computer equipment, then to reinstall the new equipment with the least amount of disruption of service. I learned time management, coordination of effort between mangement and co-workers and negotiation techniques. The hardest part of the job having all of the segments (staff workers, suppliers, branch managers, equipment) to stay in sync to get each office done in one day. The most enjoyable part was finishing the offices in one city and moving to the next overcoming a different set of obstacles.
Pros
travel, learning windows xp, networking, printer installation
Cons
offices not ready for installation
Too short for the way it was described
Help/Support Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 1, 2014
Was introduced to the HEAT ticketing system, gained help desk experience, co-workers were great to work with, management was great to work with.
Pros
Very enjoyable to be a part of
Cons
Job for me only lasted maybe a week
Terrible experience working for this company
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2013
The job is considered Help Desk Analyst but this was not a Help Desk position. Our job was just to pass calls to the real Help Desk for each client. Management gives impression to clients when walking through the service desk that this is a professional work environment with more employees that actually worked on the desk. Management would make other employees that worked for different departments to set up phony work stations to give the appearance that the Service Desk operation was bigger than it actually was. Most of the time their was no work to do and we were forced to sit their doing nothing for the entire shift. I worked for this company for approximately six months and eight employees were fired for no reason at all. Bathrooms and kitchen are kept dirty with food in the refrigerator for months at a time before it is cleaned out. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Terrible experience.
Pros
None. Did not learn anything at this job
Cons
No work to do. Incompetent management and lead personel
Great company to work with
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2012
I can't wait to get back with them. They seem to have a presents to place me in positions than meet my need for challenges.
Pros
great placements
Cons
needs to work harder at keeping one employed