Alpla Employee Reviews

Nice
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 24, 2017
This place pays great. I use to work a rotation 12hr shift. They have great benefits. Its hot year round in the plant but it is ok.
Loads of opportunity to enhance production skills and overtime
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Alpla isn't for everyone as the air is extremely dry and the hours can be very long, standing on cement floors all day and night. It's also difficult to get to know anyone there because everyone is so busy and in their own social groups. If you simply need to work and work a lot it may be the perfect place for you though. While working there I made a ton of money in a short amount of time due to overnights and doubles, and also got to work a wrapping machine and several assembly lines. All in all, a good place.
Pros
Doubles and overtime
Cons
Cement floor, very dry, standing for long hours, and you're never really sure who your supervisor is here
productive and fast pace work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 25, 2016
Alpla is a very good company to build in grow in it give you the opportunity to grow in various part of the company. my duty was to operate machine and my co worker was team orient and the hardest part of the job was learn how to become a lead.The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning experience.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
short banks
Long hours and hard shifts
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 15, 2016
the hardest part of the job was the 12.5 hour shifts and the constant ness of being on your feet for the whole time. You stood, made boxes, sent them down a line. Soap bottles would get dropped into them and then you'd load them onto a pallet. And then you'd repeat and it'd get even worse when the machine would mess up as well.
Unpredictable place
Rework Supervisor / Downstream / Quality (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 15, 2016
You never knew whether or not you were going to work or if the people you worked for were going to be there one day or not. They went through management quite a bit.
job stability
packer/line leader (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 9, 2016
It was a great place to work, enjoyed working with the people, learned a lot of skills ,excellent benefits, hard work but honest work
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
more training for temps
Productive, Fast paced
Dock/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 7, 2016
Productive and fast paced workplace. Reliable coworkers and staff. Enjoyed the workplace and learned warehousing, inventory,forklift operation, etc.
Pros
Environment
Challenge
Production supervisor, Blow molding (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJanuary 21, 2016
Must stay on top of all aspects of production. Very fast changing schedule. Teamwork is not where it needs to be. Active listening is very much needed.
Pros
Clean work place.
Cons
Some leaders don't lead by example.
Alpla Employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Working with the employees was a great experience. That is what the job fun and want to go to work. Becoming a Supervisor was a great experience and the knowledge it game me will last a life time. started out as a operator then became Supervisor.
Stayed Busy
PACKAGING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 13, 2016
This was a easy job but a hard job at the same time because there would be sometimes that no one could keep up. I loved it though because time flew by. Supervisors needed to learn how to talk to and treat the employees
Productive work enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCDecember 17, 2015
Maintaining equipment.
Plastic production.
co worker are very engaged
work is very fast pace
Alpla is a plastic industries that makes bottle for Unilever
Wonderful Company to work for
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 2, 2015
There is always a challenge everyday with working in this company and with the customers. The co workers are easy to get along with, benefits are good.
Excellent place to work except for a couple employees that thought they ran the place.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IANovember 6, 2015
Employee in charge of my training to excited about moving up to his new position to give me the training required. Not a personally liked individual by most.
not a good place to work company doesn't like to give breaks
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 29, 2015
very fast paced long 12 hour shifts not a problem until your not getting any breaks, management doesn't like to talk to employees. coworkers are great they like to help when they can. hardest part of the job would be 12 hours on your feet with not much of a break. best part was working with great coworkers.
productive
Production (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 7, 2015
Good place to work. good hours. great opportunity. good. great benefits. Would refer anyone to work here. thank you for your time
very professional
Fork Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAFebruary 26, 2015
very professional place to work. Followed all safety policies. supervision was good and if you ever needed help with something everyone was willing to help you.
productive
industrial mechanic (Current Employee) –  atlanta,gaApril 28, 2014
maintenance technician bottling company, makes bottles for cleaning supplies and other.
exciting workplace.
Ga., packaging operator (Current Employee) –  mcdonough, gaFebruary 17, 2014
im responsible for maintaining a clean work environment, perform quality checks and fix jams on packaging lines.
Pros
great health care
Cons
heat in summer
Good work enviroment and liked the shift and hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IADecember 10, 2013
Primarily I worked on a repair crew that would take a production line and shut it down for the day. Then me a group of people would repair and broken or damaged parts. The equipment I worked on was mostly mechanical and very precise, so this was the most challenging part of the job. Also the challenge made the work fun in many ways.
Pros
work hours
Cons
time allowed for repairs
Challenging workplace with great team members.
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IowaNovember 12, 2013
I worked third shift in a team of 3 Machine Operator I. Starting our 12 hour shift with a meeting for shift hand off. A typical day would consist of checking production planning and preparing for upcoming color changes, lot changes, start up, and shut downs. We focused on machine process and quality every hour. We also did bi-hourly checks on our dryers and pumps to make sure material was being fed and at standard. We made adjustments and performed maintenance as needed. All department paper work and log books were also our responsibility.

I came in with no experience of injection molding and in 5 weeks was recommended for transfer to my own shift as a graduated operator. Training was typically a 3 month or longer process. I learned every aspect of the job with great speed and efficiency.

The hardest part of the job was the level of constant demand to keep the department running. We were always understaffed and given many new challenges almost on a daily basis. Management was also struggling to keep employee retention. I has seen 12 employees start and move on to other employment withing the first 4 months. Many times our team would get tasked with training an inexperienced new employee and then see them leave within two weeks.

My co-workers were my favorite part of the job. The job was very demanding both physically and mentally. Working as a team really made the job less stressful but more rewarding. The team members I worked with had been with the company for almost a year or more. They had seen many changes both negative and positive and worked very hard
  more... to make the best of every challenge. In a matter of weeks we had formed a tight bond of trust and friendship.  less
Pros
Co-workers, benefits, sense of accomplishment
Cons
Training, employee retention, negative environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpla. Our community is ready to answer.