Alpla Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, Fast paced
Dock/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 7, 2016
Productive and fast paced workplace. Reliable coworkers and staff. Enjoyed the workplace and learned warehousing, inventory,forklift operation, etc.
Pros
Environment
Alpla Employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Working with the employees was a great experience. That is what the job fun and want to go to work. Becoming a Supervisor was a great experience and the knowledge it game me will last a life time. started out as a operator then became Supervisor.
Stayed Busy
PACKAGING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 13, 2016
This was a easy job but a hard job at the same time because there would be sometimes that no one could keep up. I loved it though because time flew by. Supervisors needed to learn how to talk to and treat the employees
Productive work enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCDecember 17, 2015
Maintaining equipment.
Plastic production.
co worker are very engaged
work is very fast pace
Alpla is a plastic industries that makes bottle for Unilever
Wonderful Company to work for
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 2, 2015
There is always a challenge everyday with working in this company and with the customers. The co workers are easy to get along with, benefits are good.
Excellent place to work except for a couple employees that thought they ran the place.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IANovember 6, 2015
Employee in charge of my training to excited about moving up to his new position to give me the training required. Not a personally liked individual by most.
not a good place to work company doesn't like to give breaks
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 29, 2015
very fast paced long 12 hour shifts not a problem until your not getting any breaks, management doesn't like to talk to employees. coworkers are great they like to help when they can. hardest part of the job would be 12 hours on your feet with not much of a break. best part was working with great coworkers.
productive
Production (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 7, 2015
Good place to work. good hours. great opportunity. good. great benefits. Would refer anyone to work here. thank you for your time
very professional
Fork Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAFebruary 26, 2015
very professional place to work. Followed all safety policies. supervision was good and if you ever needed help with something everyone was willing to help you.
productive
industrial mechanic (Current Employee) –  atlanta,gaApril 28, 2014
maintenance technician bottling company, makes bottles for cleaning supplies and other.
exciting workplace.
Ga., packaging operator (Current Employee) –  mcdonough, gaFebruary 17, 2014
im responsible for maintaining a clean work environment, perform quality checks and fix jams on packaging lines.
Pros
great health care
Cons
heat in summer
Good work enviroment and liked the shift and hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IADecember 10, 2013
Primarily I worked on a repair crew that would take a production line and shut it down for the day. Then me a group of people would repair and broken or damaged parts. The equipment I worked on was mostly mechanical and very precise, so this was the most challenging part of the job. Also the challenge made the work fun in many ways.
Pros
work hours
Cons
time allowed for repairs
Challenging workplace with great team members.
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IowaNovember 12, 2013
I worked third shift in a team of 3 Machine Operator I. Starting our 12 hour shift with a meeting for shift hand off. A typical day would consist of checking production planning and preparing for upcoming color changes, lot changes, start up, and shut downs. We focused on machine process and quality every hour. We also did bi-hourly checks on our dryers and pumps to make sure material was being fed and at standard. We made adjustments and performed maintenance as needed. All department paper work and log books were also our responsibility.

I came in with no experience of injection molding and in 5 weeks was recommended for transfer to my own shift as a graduated operator. Training was typically a 3 month or longer process. I learned every aspect of the job with great speed and efficiency.

The hardest part of the job was the level of constant demand to keep the department running. We were always understaffed and given many new challenges almost on a daily basis. Management was also struggling to keep employee retention. I has seen 12 employees start and move on to other employment withing the first 4 months. Many times our team would get tasked with training an inexperienced new employee and then see them leave within two weeks.

My co-workers were my favorite part of the job. The job was very demanding both physically and mentally. Working as a team really made the job less stressful but more rewarding. The team members I worked with had been with the company for almost a year or more. They had seen many changes both negative and positive and worked very hard to make the best
  more... of every challenge. In a matter of weeks we had formed a tight bond of trust and friendship.  less
Pros
co-workers, benefits, sense of accomplishment
Cons
training, employee retention, negative environment.
No integrity...
Toolmaker (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCJuly 15, 2013
You can't believe anything they say whether it's in writing or verbal.I never got a review even though it was in my offer. After 6 months I was promoted and told my raise would be paid retroactive to my promotion date. 5 1/2 months later I was told I wasn't getting a raise. I stuck it out for a long time after that but finally my principals took over and I resigned. My particular plant was based totally on favoritism. The only bad company I ever worked for.
Pros
vacation accural
Cons
lousy health ins.
Okay place to work
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 15, 2013
Okay place to work, the people are friendly to work with. Management is slightly unorganized.
Productive, energetic, and communitive
Packer (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 30, 2013
A typical day starts with a meeting giving us instruction and information on previous and present day. I learned how to pack boxes and trays. Management is very involved with everyday affairs. My co-workers are differnt in each there own way.The hardest part of my job is patience and tolerance. I think I enjoy the paycheck most of all, who would'nt.
This company cares about your health.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 10, 2013
Its a good place to work, sometimes things can get heptic when short on personel. The high ups treat you with respect. As this is only my 3rd job I've been well treated. I've been at Alpla for 2 years and I don't see any signs of the company falling but its only getting bigger. Its a great place to start off when your fresh out of school.
Pros
great pay if just starting out, great benifits, and great co-workers.
Cons
long hours, people just come and go, work is to easy.
Great company to work for
Office Administrative & HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 22, 2012
ALPLA really cares about their employee. I have worked for ALPLA for 8 years and I have grown in every postive way.
Great job while attending school
Clouser packing operator (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 11, 2012
I really liked this job for it worked with my school schedule well, It was a great place to start, while I was attending school. I learned alot about plastics, caps, and bottles. Our main company was Procter N Gamble: We made bottles for them.. Oil of Olay, Suave, Prell,Crest Pro-Health products, Herbal Essence Shampoo,ect..
Pros
great employee activity
Cons
management hard to get into