Alpla

Alpla Employer Reviews

exciting workplace.
Ga., packaging operator (Current Employee), mcdonough, gaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great health care
Cons: heat in summer
im responsible for maintaining a clean work environment, perform quality checks and fix jams on packaging lines.
Good work enviroment and liked the shift and hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Iowa City, IADecember 10, 2013
Pros: work hours
Cons: time allowed for repairs
Primarily I worked on a repair crew that would take a production line and shut it down for the day. Then me a group of people would repair and broken or damaged parts. The equipment I worked on was mostly mechanical and very precise, so this was the most challenging part of the job. Also the challenge made the work fun in many ways.
Challenging workplace with great team members.
Machine Operator I (Former Employee), Iowa City, IowaNovember 12, 2013
Pros: co-workers, benefits, sense of accomplishment
Cons: training, employee retention, negative environment.
I worked third shift in a team of 3 Machine Operator I. Starting our 12 hour shift with a meeting for shift hand off. A typical day would consist of checking production planning and preparing for upcoming color changes, lot changes, start up, and shut downs. We focused on machine process and quality every hour. We also did bi-hourly checks on our dryers – more... and pumps to make sure material was being fed and at standard. We made adjustments and performed maintenance as needed. All department paper work and log books were also our responsibility.

I came in with no experience of injection molding and in 5 weeks was recommended for transfer to my own shift as a graduated operator. Training was typically a 3 month or longer process. I learned every aspect of the job with great speed and efficiency.

The hardest part of the job was the level of constant demand to keep the department running. We were always understaffed and given many new challenges almost on a daily basis. Management was also struggling to keep employee retention. I has seen 12 employees start and move on to other employment withing the first 4 months. Many times our team would get tasked with training an inexperienced new employee and then see them leave within two weeks.

My co-workers were my favorite part of the job. The job was very demanding both physically and mentally. Working as a team really made the job less stressful but more rewarding. The team members I worked with had been with the company for almost a year or more. They had seen many changes both negative and positive and worked very hard to make the best of every challenge. In a matter of weeks we had formed a tight bond of trust and friendship. – less
No integrity...
Toolmaker (Former Employee), Raeford, NCJuly 15, 2013
Pros: vacation accural
Cons: lousy health ins.
You can't believe anything they say whether it's in writing or verbal.I never got a review even though it was in my offer. After 6 months I was promoted and told my raise would be paid retroactive to my promotion date. 5 1/2 months later I was told I wasn't getting a raise. I stuck it out for a long time after that but finally my principals took over – more... and I resigned. My particular plant was based totally on favoritism. The only bad company I ever worked for. – less
Okay place to work
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAMay 15, 2013
Okay place to work, the people are friendly to work with. Management is slightly unorganized.
Productive, energetic, and communitive
Packer (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 30, 2013
A typical day starts with a meeting giving us instruction and information on previous and present day. I learned how to pack boxes and trays. Management is very involved with everyday affairs. My co-workers are differnt in each there own way.The hardest part of my job is patience and tolerance. I think I enjoy the paycheck most of all, who would'nt.
learning tyo do hardwork with rule and reguiation within a specified or given time.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Baddi, HPMarch 16, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: no
very interesting day at work daily.i learned lot of knowledge about process and extrusion blow moulding by my senior.managent is co-operative,co-workers are friendly,mould change is the hardest part but if we can handle with all rule and safety this job is made so easy.
This company cares about your health.
Operator (Current Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: great pay if just starting out, great benifits, and great co-workers.
Cons: long hours, people just come and go, work is to easy.
Its a good place to work, sometimes things can get heptic when short on personel. The high ups treat you with respect. As this is only my 3rd job I've been well treated. I've been at Alpla for 2 years and I don't see any signs of the company falling but its only getting bigger. Its a great place to start off when your fresh out of school.
Great company to work for
Office Administrative & HR Assistant (Current Employee), McDonough, GAOctober 22, 2012
ALPLA really cares about their employee. I have worked for ALPLA for 8 years and I have grown in every postive way.
Great job while attending school
Clouser packing operator (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: great employee activity
Cons: management hard to get into
I really liked this job for it worked with my school schedule well, It was a great place to start, while I was attending school. I learned alot about plastics, caps, and bottles. Our main company was Procter N Gamble: We made bottles for them.. Oil of Olay, Suave, Prell,Crest Pro-Health products, Herbal Essence Shampoo,ect..
Fun place with fun employees
LAB Assistant (Former Employee), Kaiserslautern, RPJuly 17, 2013
I have a passion for elderly persons. So it was fun to assist them in their daily activities and listen to their stories filled with wisdom.
a heat hole if you want to lose weight then work here it'll swet off you in a matter of weeks
packer and production operative (Former Employee), GolborneAugust 23, 2012
Pros: wages good
Cons: long hours
alpla is a very hard place to work for with long hours and difficult shifts in high temperatures but when you are able to switch your mind off and get on with the work the time goes quick and the wage is satisfactory due to the amount of hours what are available.
hambiente de trabajo agradable.
Practicante del área de mantenimiento (Former Employee), Toluca, MEXApril 21, 2014
el compañerismo me gusto mucho, la responsabilidad que tienen, y que te dan la oportunidad de aprender.
ES UNA EMPRESA MUY BUENA
EMBALADOR (Former Employee), San José Iturbide, GUAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: cuenta con todos las las prestaciones de ley
Cons: los turnos son de 12 hrs
EL TIEMPO QUE ESTUVE LABORANDO AHÍ FUE MUY GRATO YA QUE LA EMPRESA CUENTA CON UNA GRAN VARIEDAD DE OPORTUNIDADES DE MEJORA TANTO PARA LA EMPRESA COMO A SUS EMPLEADOS
ambiente apropiado y adecuado a las necesidades.
empaque (Former Employee), Pilar, BMarch 16, 2014
Pros: máquina de café.
Cons: comedor no muy amplio
trabajaba en el area de empaquetado, etiquetado,control de envases.
aprendi a capacitarme y desarrollarme en las tareas de empaque etiquetado y control de los mismos. la gerencia esta dentro de la planta. compañeros con buenas actitudes y buenas relaciones interpersonales.no ay parte dificil. desarrollarme y capacitarme en las tareas a asignarme.
buen ambiente de trabajo
operador de produccion (Former Employee), Hermosillo, SONNovember 13, 2013
llegar y checar las temperaturas de las maquinas, pesar las preformas, llenar hojas de inspecsion de la maquina
travail
Régleur extrusion, injection et soufflage pet (Current Employee), FosséNovember 8, 2013
beaucoup de polyvalence demandée
travail en 5*8
beaucoup de presses différentes
Buen Lugar para Trabajar
Project Manager CIP TPM & Lean (Current Employee), San José Iturbide, GUAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: seguro de gastos medicos
Cons: inestabilidad de la estrategia corporativa
Un buen lugar para trabajar con estabilidad laboral y una importante oportunidad de gestión interna para consolidarse en el crecimiento global de sus clientes.
buen ambiente de trabajo
embalador (Former Employee), San José Iturbide, GUAOctober 16, 2013
se necesita darle mas informacion al personal de nuevo ingreso para que aprenda a realizar mejor los procedimientos
muy buen clima laboral
operario - Operario (Former Employee), Pilar, BSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: ninguno
Cons: ninguno
perfecto no hay ningun problema
muy buena cantidad de francos