ALPS Employee Reviews

Supportive job culture
Regional Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2016
Departments are all very professional and supportive when their specific contributions are required to get the job done in a timely manner. All employee tiers are treated equally by senior management making for a very comfortable work environment.
Nice work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Grenoble, PAMarch 8, 2016
I am often working at the Alps stadium (when there are rubgy games). So basically I could work until 3 or 4 times a months. This is why I like it because it is a nice job to meet people and work in team but also to be patient and rigorous. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes we have to wait a little bit and it is sometimes long. I have many co-workers, my boss but also 10 girls who do the same job as me. I am confronted to rude customers sometimes but I learned to handle the situation. I have a big management responsability because sometimes I have a lot of customers in front of me and I have to manage everything alone and afterwards give a record to my boss.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
No lunch and no breaks
Friendly atmosphere
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTOctober 5, 2015
Good Employer. Will keep you busy year round. Pay in line with current job market. Very flexible hours. Cares about employee's.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Fun Place to Start
Electric North America Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 4, 2015
It is a good place to start your career. I am looking forward in learning new things about the company since I have not been here for that long.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay really low
Great start for those getting into the field
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Alps provides a great start for those first getting into accounting or finance. You'll handle a lot of different funds and get to learn a lot about mutual fund accounting.
productive and fun work place
Stocker/cashier (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJuly 19, 2013
when at work friendly people to work with you get to learn some new things about the store sometimes get to learn how to order items for the store. being able to work with people is the best part of the job and also helping out the customers. the hardest is just remembering what there is to order and to not order too much. I learned that having a job shows you that you are responsible and can be dependable when needed.
Pros
vacation time off on holidays
Cons
short breaks
Not a good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, TNFebruary 12, 2013
It wasn't a good place to work, I guess that's why it closed down.
A good place to work and got along with co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, MOJanuary 21, 2013
Worked as cashier and also stocked shelves and cleaned on downtime. The hardest part of the job was working when i was pregnant and had to stand on my feet all day. The best part was meeting new people and the regulars that came in.
Pros
working and making money. being productive
Ok
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 2, 2012
Management questionable. Fun place to work. Great products, good atmosphere.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
management