ALSAC Employee Reviews

Excellent Productive Worker with Work Ethic
Donor Services Representative II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: i love my work hours of 7:00am to 3:30pm monday thru friday
Cons: having to work national holidays like memorial day, july 4th, labor day, etc
A typical day at work includes answering incoming calls, solving donor concerns and answering any questions they might ask. Issuing refunds, data entry working mail received by donors. Working closely with other departments as we are their customer service to their donors. I feel no donor will be lost because of me.
I learn every day at work from my donors, my supervisors and my coworkers. I think every day is a learning experience, whether you are at work or not.
Management realizes I know my job and pretty much lets me do my work and if I need help they are there to help me.
I love my coworkers. We are all in this together, working for the children of St Jude Children's Research Hospital.
The hardest part of my job is getting up at 5:00am in the morning.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the donors that call in. I really enjoy that.
Nice people but..
Bilingual Donor Service Rep (Former Employee), memphis, tnDecember 17, 2014
The benefits there rock, the job/life balance was pretty good and for the most part the people I worked with were nice but I don't think advancement is as feasible unless you are in the IN crowd.
Way Over Rated
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2014
Pros: can't think of one
Cons: stressful, poor mgmt., low pay, no mercy on firing people
Sorry to tell you that you have to make a big difference between St. Jude and ALSAC. St. Jude is a great place to work for but the case is different in ALSAC. The culture there is not so great and you will be under stress A LOT. The money is not there either but they sure know how to spend it on their dinners and lunches and unnecessary trips.....Hated it and for many reasons. I will never work there again.
Charity that cares more about money than people
Marketing (Former Employee), Memphis, tennAugust 23, 2013
Pros: the hospital is phenomenal
Cons: the charity is terrible
This charity has outrageous expenses - almost $200 million a year. No one here cares about the kids at the hospital; they only care about their own salaries and benefits. The CEO has asked employees to sacrifice for the mission while nearly tripling his own salary over the past two years. It is crushing to know you are raising money to pay for unacceptable executive salaries, not treating children with cancer.
InnovativeProfessional with a strong desire to learn.
Coordinator Support Representative (Current Employee), New Albany INMay 9, 2013
Pros: i love the mission of st.jude
Cons: dealing with cancer
Use customer service skills to build relationships with potenial donors.
Job Summary
St. Jude Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: two 15 min breaks
I would verfy operators recruits that they put through.I would also order prizes for school who
participated in the math,bike programs.