ALSAC Employee Reviews

A job with a purpose!
Specialist ll- ECC Services Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNSeptember 15, 2016
The goal is to handle inbound calls while working extra projects handed to me by my Supervisor, in a timely manner. I learn patience and problem solving everyday. Management is great, they are always wiling to answer while staying professional. My fellow colleagues are inspired to work hard and fulfill our mission. The hardest part of the job to me would be to see our children suffer from catastrophic diseases. The most pleasurable part of this job, is the ability to talk to our dedicated and loving donors each and everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks
Inspiring and motivating workplace with all the perks!
Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2016
A typical day at work is very NOT typical. The management, all the way up to the CEO, are always encouraging the employees. There are MANY opportunities for learning, growth & development and advancement within the organization. When you work hard you are rewarded with perks that make your friends drool. The environment itself it like something out of a dream and it is truly humbling to be a part of something so magnanimous.
Pros
philanthropic work, perks, benefits, growth and development opportunities.
Cons
Memphis
Good energy and positive attitude.
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAApril 7, 2016
ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a good place to work. They work together to raise funds and awareness about childhood cancer and other catastrophic disease. The culture is good, people are willing to help each other.
Pros
You help raise awareness about childhood cancer and help parents during the toughest time.
Cons
You need to move to Memphis, TN to grow within the company.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2016
You learned about people concerns
Great management team
Co-workers worked as a team
Death
Assisting other via fundraisers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Wanted fulltime hours
great
Quarles Kelly Associate (Former Employee) –  greatOctober 22, 2015
this place was great and fun
the supervisors were fair
the coworkers were polite
we all worked as a team
the pay was awesome
everyone was caring and passionate for one another
Pros
friendly
Cons
no cons
Volunteer Service Rep
Volunteer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2015
Made outbound cold calls to enlist people to do fundraisers for the St Jude Children Research Hospital. Have both weekly and monthly sales quotas to reach. Hourly pay.
Pros
Nice enivorment, Work help saves lives...
Cons
Short breaks cold calling
Volunteer Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJune 6, 2015
Great place to work, extremely miss this company and wish that it had never closed this location.

Loved being able to help get coordinators for St Jude Children's Research Hospital, hated making cold calls. Businesses are so much more receptive to helping charities
Pros
Cons
cold calls
Excellent Productive Worker with Work Ethic
Donor Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at work includes answering incoming calls, solving donor concerns and answering any questions they might ask. Issuing refunds, data entry working mail received by donors. Working closely with other departments as we are their customer service to their donors. I feel no donor will be lost because of me.
I learn every day at work from my donors, my supervisors and my coworkers. I think every day is a learning experience, whether you are at work or not.
Management realizes I know my job and pretty much lets me do my work and if I need help they are there to help me.
I love my coworkers. We are all in this together, working for the children of St Jude Children's Research Hospital.
The hardest part of my job is getting up at 5:00am in the morning.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the donors that call in. I really enjoy that.
Pros
I love my work hours of 7:00am to 3:30pm Monday thru Friday
Cons
Having to work National Holidays like Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, etc
Nice people but..
Bilingual Donor Service Rep (Former Employee) –  memphis, tnDecember 17, 2014
The benefits there rock, the job/life balance was pretty good and for the most part the people I worked with were nice but I don't think advancement is as feasible unless you are in the IN crowd.
Way Over Rated
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2014
Sorry to tell you that you have to make a big difference between St. Jude and ALSAC. St. Jude is a great place to work for but the case is different in ALSAC. The culture there is not so great and you will be under stress A LOT. The money is not there either but they sure know how to spend it on their dinners and lunches and unnecessary trips.....Hated it and for many reasons. I will never work there again.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Stressful, POOR mgmt., LOW Pay, No Mercy on Firing People
Charity that cares more about money than people
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Memphis, tennAugust 23, 2013
This charity has outrageous expenses - almost $200 million a year. No one here cares about the kids at the hospital; they only care about their own salaries and benefits. The CEO has asked employees to sacrifice for the mission while nearly tripling his own salary over the past two years. It is crushing to know you are raising money to pay for unacceptable executive salaries, not treating children with cancer.
Pros
The hospital is phenomenal
Cons
The charity is terrible
InnovativeProfessional with a strong desire to learn.
Coordinator Support Representative  (Current Employee) –  New Albany IN May 9, 2013
Use customer service skills to build relationships with potenial donors.
Pros
I love the mission of St.Jude
Cons
Dealing with Cancer
Job Summary
St. Jude Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2012
I would verfy operators recruits that they put through.I would also order prizes for school who
participated in the math,bike programs.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
two 15 min breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALSAC. Our community is ready to answer.