Alsco Employee Reviews

Gotta be Mexican
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, Ca.June 14, 2017
I worked in maintenance, these people are clowns, don't even know basic things about nuts and bolts or how to drill and tap threads into a hole. This place is terrible.
Family like atmosphere
Washroom Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 13, 2017
Very professional and detail oriented. Long hours and very physical. Regular safety meetings to insure no accidents. Hardest part of the job is hand loading the machines which made the day pass fast.
Minimum wage and it's to hot
Machine feeder (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 10, 2017
Didn't like working there at all. It's a warehouse paying you minimum wage. It's a extra 10-15 degrees inside the building durring the summer time. You will see bugs for example I've seen maggots all the time I was working in the soil department seeing them most of the time. And breaks are way to short.
Pros
It's a job and it was a weekly paycheck
Cons
Short breaks, your health, no Air condition
Reproductive and very successful company
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 6, 2017
Very productive company. Number one in textile sales,and number one in customer service. Alsco is a worldwide company that has been around for more then 100 yrs.
Pros
401k retirement
Cons
Heathcare
Sadly not fun any longet
A/P Clerk (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 6, 2017
I still work here and I have been with the company 17 years they used to have my back but I'm not one of the favorites in the office.wish I quit but no
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Treatment of employees
Don't Waste Your Time
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 5, 2017
A typical day of work involves making phones for about 2 hours and then going out in the territory and cold calling. I learned after the 2 nd stint with a uniform company I don't want to be in this industry as you are graded on performance and people can't get out of the contracts no matter how they try. The management team is inept here as they cost me a sales opportunity. Get ready to work at home in the evenings doing data entry and proposals because if you did them in the office you would never leave for the day. The hardest part of the job is finding people that you can talk to as no one knows when their contract is up or it has been extend without their knowledge and they think it is one date but it really is another 3 years out.
Pros
close to home
stocker
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 2, 2017
nice to meet you my experience illimited ,i need job .i very honest with somebody work very hard full time i was living brazil for two years ago i studied and work ,i'm speaking a good português french spanish .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
care
Very good place to be
Territorial Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  WyomingJune 1, 2017
I had a good run at this company. Very good time. Very good people. Very good money and benefits. I really liked my boss and the other people I worked with.
fun place to work
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2017
they are a good company to work for. The hardest part of the job is not having a set schedule for the work week. The culture is very laid back and the managers have open door policies.
Not the worst company out there
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2017
It was a job, it wasn't that hard. If you had an opinion or tried to bring up the rules per the union agreement there was a good chance you would be reprimanded. Teamwork is rare, everyone passes the buck. Better have thick skin. Hope you don't enjoy spending the holidays with anyone like family or friends.
Pros
Free lunches, etc.
Cons
Quite a few ex cons actually.
Hard work
Route Relief Driver (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 16, 2017
Wasn't much room for advancement within my branch. Would have to relocate to move up. Worked long hours but was paid for it. Loved the people I worked with in my department
Productive and fun place to work.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 16, 2017
Alsco is a company that takes care of their own and works together as a team. During the sometimes hectic days it goes by extremely fast and can be very productive and can lead to fulfillment.
Pros
free lunches, company car, etc.
Cons
health care, long days, working weekends.
Working out of Hub
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2017
Working out of a hub can definitely have its challenges! It's 10 times harder than a typical plant. Also if the hub is located 50 minutes from downtown it can really add a lot of wasteful time behind the wheel. That ends up costing Alsco in gas, in truck repairs and the employees have waisted two hours behind the wheel. Instead, if it was closer, they could be more efficient and timely with their customers if they needed something promptly. Also could probably fit more stops in a day! That would be huge for everyone involved! Just think of the money they would save just by moving a hub closer to downtown. And probably make more in profit $$$!
Pros
Great benefits!!! It's what keeps most employees there for years.
Cons
Wasted time behind the wheel
General
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2017
Not big on the working conditions,but they pay is pretty good.Didnt like the hours of having to be up early,but I managed to make it the best way I could.
Cut-throat
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 3, 2017
Working at Alsco was tough. Work-life balance was minimum to none. Hours were long. Compensation was good but the benefit of good pay did't outweigh the suck hours.
Fast paced copmany
General Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 1, 2017
This is a fast paced linen company that has offices all over the world. The people that work there are dedicated to ensure that customers have the right product and the service they desire.
route sales driver
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 1, 2017
good company review is to be a review and I really think that sometimes a review is meant to act like a review and this review is a review that you can figure is just a review
benefits are great as well is the pay
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 22, 2017
day usually starts 700 but you can start ealier if you like you usually work anywhere from 10 to 13 hour day

your direct managers are cool but upper management needs improving they care about themselves and not the customer or the employee.

you spend miniimum of 2.5 hours a day loading and unloading your truck and then do your route the next day . would be nice to have people to do that for you
benefits
Cons
always tired burnt out quickly no life
not given a chance
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 19, 2017
Do not take a job as an RSR with this company. As soon as I hit my 90days, I was let go for no reason. I had taken over the least profitable route, slowly started growing what I could to try and make commissions ($9500/wk is the sale number needed otherwise you make the minimum and work long hours) The plant can not keep up with demand, so we were constantingly shorting customers, which cause my route to lose 2/3 of the biggest customers business before I even started. Loading the trucks takes almost 2hrs more for a larger route. And since the new trucks are so small, you have to make multiple trips back to unload. 12-14hr days. Lots of paperwork.
Pros
union
Cons
long hours, low commissions, bad management
Great pay and Great benefits
RSR DRIVER (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 16, 2017
working schedule consist of 4/10's. Ten hour working days with an extra day during the week off. Always had necessary working tools to perform job on day to day basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alsco. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8