Alsco Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly
Human Resource information systems specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2016
All of the co workers were great and fun to talk to. Communication was decent with in the company between co workers. Managers were great at delegation of work and kept a friendly work atmosphere.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, Decent benefits
Cons
no notice of term they just drop you one day
Okay place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 14, 2016
Long days of planning and retaining customers
Never to trust some people
Very hard to work with
Great bunch of people
Dealing with some people
Dealing with the rest of the working people
Benefits
Cons
Upper Managment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 12, 2016
It Is Easy And Very Helpful. It Was Great experience. I Met Alot of customers that purchased linen from the company. Worked with a team to provide the best quality linen to please and satisfy customers.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Hot
Awesome!
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 29, 2016
I have been employed by alsco for around 10 months. I love it. The management is awesome they look out for us the work is a little hard but nothing to outlandish. Overall I would highly reccomend alsco.
Pros
Great pay caring managers
not happy
Counter-Sorter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2016
It is not fair that an employee must work under these conditions.....first and foremost...it is not right for the water taste bitter and it make a person sick and on the belt one fan is working....Please.....I have worked for over twenty three yes and have never seen so much harsh treatment to employee....now do not get me wrong., I have no problem with work, but the long hours and the various races are bit pleasant and very messy.....I want to go to mother job, but I feel stuck and I do not like this....
Pros
some of the benefits
Cons
short break, the water fountain
Alsco no way
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJJune 14, 2016
Alsco management is very fluid and seem to manage based on a very selfish matter and with no regards to their valuable employees.
Worst place on earth
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 7, 2016
Run. Wasted 13 years at this selfish, ungrateful company. Management turned their back on me when I needed help. General Manager has one foot out the door and is unwilling to lead. Customer service is nonexistent. Moral is lower than low.
Pros
Cons
Weekends off
A typical day at work
washerperator/assembly (Former Employee) –  rochester nyMay 10, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of much foot work and the ability to remember and to locate material in a timely manner for assembly of products for shipments.
Pros
It was a union job
Cons
the working conditions where not well maintained
Hard work Good Pay
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 9, 2016
4am load truck
leave at 6am
make 30+ deliveries of linen uniforms and matts
unload truck 330 or 430
do paper work
leave 5-7 pm
Pros
the pay/benefits
Cons
the organization the pressure
Fast paced and physically demanding
Lead Washer/Mat Roller (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 25, 2016
Ensuring proper wash, dry, and storage of uniforms, mats, hospital linen, and other items for customers around the 4 corners area
Fast paced, exciting
Counter-Sorter (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 13, 2016
i enjoy working at ALSCO, i just would love to work closer to home.Work is good, i get in and setup my station, get all my materials ready.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
distance
Bad weather conditions too hot or too cold
Counter sorter (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 12, 2016
Well as counter sorter you get bags of soiled dirty laundry from restaurant's that have been sitting out in rain for driver to pick up when you open the bag the smell is horrible and sometimes you find dead rats in bag or dog smell
They make you work 10 hours a day with only a 10 min break and 30 minute lunch. Then when they lose business they lay you off. Mgmt very racist they treat soil dept like they are bottom barrell. Also hours are 3 am to 2 pm too early to smell trash.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad smell too hot in summer too cold in winter
Fun side job
Assistant Pension Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTMarch 14, 2016
A typical day was standing at the entrance of events and checking individuals for weapons or contraband.
I learned to have fun but be proactive in making sure everyone was safe at the venues.
The management team was very responsible and told me ahead of time what I needed to do to keep myself and other safe.
My co-workers loved their job as well. It made the work environment fun and easy going.
The hardest part of the job was to be on your feet all day and dealing with obnoxious individuals some of the time
I enjoyed listening to music and meeting a verity of people.
Pros
Seeing concerts
Cons
On my feet all day.
Good place to work if you like plugging along
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORMarch 8, 2016
Go over your stops for the day, check for special orders. Go out and load your truck and start the route. Most routes are an 8 hour work day, the one they tried to drop me on was a 12, for the same pay. Paid by salary 600 per week. My area manage was a great guy, the upper management was atrocious. Hardest part of the job was slinging 50-100 lb bags of linen everyday all day. Wears you down after awile, the most enjoyable was being out and seeing different customers everyday.
Pros
You meet alot of people
Cons
salary pay, pray they give you a decent route
good, fun and relax work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAMarch 5, 2016
Got to work outside a lot and interact with customers, flexible hours, my favorite part of my jobs is i got to do water pump instillation
My co-workers
Feeder/Folder (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTMarch 3, 2016
My co-workers are hard workers and we work well to get the job completed. We work on different machines since we have are different responsibilties and we get everything done by the time we are suppose to.
Pros
Two 10 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch
Cons
Hours get cut sometimes
has shut down
utility operator (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCFebruary 26, 2016
great place to work just like been at home with your family.
they made good of there workers and treated them very well every job was very comfortable.
A nice place to work.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 14, 2016
I enjoyed my job, and the pay was good for NV. And the employees were great. I worked more than one machine, and learned a new trade, I would like to work with them again.
Pros
The employees were good to get along with.
Cons
The hours, and scheduale was bad
Productive & a fun hard working envirenment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 23, 2016
Typical day would be taking out the garbage then the bathrooms and each day would shift to other duties elsewhere. What mostly learned was that I just keep working hard to move up to a better job position. Everything & Everybody was nice mostly tidy and clean. Good friendly co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me was actually forgetting to clock in & out. The most fun I had was meeting the faces and keeping the environment clean and tidy.
Pros
Lunches and Breaks were long and enjoyable
Cons
I always forget to clock in & out
Great hands on experience outside of school
Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 8, 2016
I learned a lot about what a business in the real world. From everyday operations to the managerial side of the business. It was a great way to learn outside of the class environment,
Pros
Hands on experience, theory into practice.

2.8