Alshaya

Alshaya Employer Reviews

Not a Secured job
DC Assistant (Former Employee), DipAugust 11, 2013
partiality at work and also finds different rules for different people..Yearly Increment of 75 dhs..Poor Management....
great people
Commi II,Certified Trainer- Pinkberry (Current Employee), KuwaitNovember 5, 2012
Pros: annual leave, free meal
Cons: short breaks, graveyard shift, no tips
I learned a lot of things from management,values,dealing with other people,dealing with problems professionally,setting goals and priorities.
I can say that the management is good,not the best due to some reasons like on the benefits and salary.
The hardest part of the job is we are in the 24 hour operation, so we have 3 shifts,and being on the graveyard – more... shift is the hardest part.
Most enjoyable part of the job is during holidays we have double payment,having a supportive manager and staff. – less
i have learn a lot to handle costumer service and have confidence i can do it by giving exelent conversation to every body.
barista and cashier (Current Employee), bahrainDecember 27, 2011
Pros: free 2 kind drinks what ever you want
Cons: regular day off
their are teaching how you communicate nicely to co-worker and to communicate if their something need to know.by costumer they are teaching how you use your freindliness on them to get verry good sales.
am working in the company us casher
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dubai, DUApril 16, 2014
Pros: bones
Cons: long hours
i learn how to do cash and admine works and the management is good i learn how to be flaxeble when we have sale that is we are doing street am happy with my job
my job is going with learning new things and fun
cashier, sales associate, admin (Current Employee), dubaiMarch 19, 2014
beginning of the day first thing is doing replenishment for all department..then after that if we have delivery we have to process it,because every time customer need new collection,,we have to pull out all new collection as per the guideline,,i was learned so many things from this company,,,how to doing merchandising,,,how to handle the customers,,how – more... to manage the team.admin work etc..

customer handling is very important,,because we can find different kind of customers,, mostly I like to stay with customers and and I like to give good service for them,,.and merchandising is the my best part of this job,,,end of the day I'm really happy with my merchandising,,, – less
A company where you can learn and practice your skills for the career growth.
Asst.Store Manager (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAEMarch 12, 2014
Have a good working enviroment with multinational brands and people where we can expand our knowledge and learn more for the better career advancement.
Emppowering the individual skills of staff with fun and never compromize everything.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Dubai International Airport Terminal 1 Concourse AFebruary 22, 2014
A typical day of work ing our store is actually a daily activity which we can enhance our strenght and learned more each day to make our self more productive and effective part of the team, so much thingsto learn each of day, a good leader and how to be a good follower that can be an insperation to the staff, how to be creat sales and to control the – more... COS specially on the controlable items that gives big impact. co-worker are all obeying the house rules, as long as you give them a good exampe of yourself. The only a little hardest thing that i can find a little hard is the decision making, which i over come already because of my greatest experienced in the same role. The most happy part or the enjoyable is to successfully achieved the given target. – less
Job
"The Body Shop" Manager Assistant PL (Former Employee), Wrocław, PLFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: too high targets for the sale of the company which made it impossible to earn the bonus employees
Typical day at work start from checking e-mails, and provide information to employees. Adding the goods on the shelves, clean up, opening cash, cash counting and enter into securities audit. I learned customer service, sales techniques , working with team and office. I learned how to print and read reports, filling securities. My co-workers were loyal, – more... well organized and possess extensive knowledge of products. The hardest part of the job in the beginning was put together yourself where are the reports and input from the accepted delivery.The most pleasant part of the job was the contact with the customer, performing treatments, performing make-up, working with the team. – less
fun middle east company
Contracted Freelance Designer (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 7, 2014
producing designs as requested for middle east contemporary fashion is actually quite surprisingly fun!
i am salesman and i like to be with jumma al majed
Senior Consultant Sales & Design (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
the typical day was from 9 till 6
i learned the sales skills very well
i managed the showroom very well
the most enjoyable part was when i achieve my target
Productive and Fun Workplace
Payroll Officer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 30, 2013
Pros: 2 days off
productive day everyday as we are catering all staff's queries. I learn to deal with different kind and level of people. colleagues are nice and fun to be with. if you love your job, there is no hard part of it and every minute of your work you are enjoying.
fashon and fun on work
Sales Associate / Cashier - H&M under (Former Employee), Doha, DAWSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: company party once in a two month
Cons: long hours while on the weekends.
everyday starting with a small brief to motivate the staff, its really fun to meet with differt types of customers, and i have learned lots about the fahon, merchandisisng and to work with team and handle the customers of different temperaments. while the work was enjoyable, and had little tuff while the sales/discount on the items season.
Gained a lot of experience & knowledge
Store Manager (Former Employee), BeirutAugust 14, 2013
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: no holidays
Working for above mentioned company was really enjoyable & life-learning experience. I've gained a lot of knowledge, not only in the field of management but also in visual merchandising, store openings & logistics.
The company gave me the opportunity to grow & travel to different countries where I met my colleagues in different departments & stores.
The – more... most enjoyable parts where during store openings or launching of new collections.
It was fun working in a company where you gained a lot of knowledge & gave a lot of work. – less
Flexible
Sales Asst (Current Employee), KuwaitJune 17, 2013
Pros: we have the incentives
Cons: 8 working hours or we do broken schedule
We start of the day at the store for being a Sales associate, we entered the cash floats at the cash registrar,do housekeeping, arranged the items/clothes by doing a replenishment. When we open the store we happily serves the customer with the smile,pleasure and assist them happily. Each of my colleague have a task and willing to help each other whatever – more... happen to the store. Sometimes we have a tiring day but when the customers appreciate our job and they thank, smile with us, all the energy will be boost again. – less
Sales Associate / Cashier / Stockman (Current Employee), bahrainJune 1, 2013
everyday is always a busy day but enjoyable to learn something new at work and working in less supervision.
Great Experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Kuwait CityApril 24, 2013
Great Experience with a company that is rapidly expanding. Operates in multiple countries with multiple brands.
Well structured and focused organisation.
Personal Assistant to Regional Development Manager (Former Employee), Dubai, UAEMarch 16, 2013
Pros: structured, business growth oriented.
Cons: not too much of personal growth and monetary benefits.
The Retail Industry is an extremly busy field to be in. There was always the next event to plan for.

I learned structure, time management, people skills, organisation skills and new store openings.

I worked with several Operations Managers and learned and enjoyed so much from each of them. My co-workers were like a unit and we depended on each other – more... to complete our respective tasks to achieve a common goal.

The hardest part was leaving the company; it was time to move for professional and monetary growth.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting my team everyday and working on different projects for the season. – less
Alshaya is a great company
Training & Systems Analyst (Former Employee), KuwaitJanuary 17, 2013
Alshaya is a leading retail company with more than 60 brands in 13 countries. I loved working for Alshaya. I felt as part of the family.
good company with high salary and good benefits
Crew (Current Employee), shuwaikh ,kuwaitJanuary 7, 2013
preparing stocks we need.cleaning my area,doing inventory.i learned how to be responsible for the position that they gave me.to mingle with my co workers and respect the superior.
IT'S A GOOD COMPANY- M H ALSHAYA
Inventory Controller (Former Employee), JAFZA, Dubai, UAEDecember 26, 2012
Pros: getting more chance to learn
Cons: working houes is coorect and overtime also the paying
Good growing company. We have to getting more chjance to learn

About Alshaya

M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands, – Read more