Alside

Alside Employer Reviews

excellence place to make a lot of hours
Floater (Former Employee), Kinston, NCApril 14, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: hot invironment
I learned how to assemble windows, I learned the meaning of being a leader. The hardest part about this job was working in very hot weather.
Great Job
Window maker (Former Employee), Kinston, NCJanuary 30, 2014
Build and put together windows. But is all depending on the positions are placed in. Real hard work but makes the day go by fast. My coworkers were easy to get along with and made work fun.
Great atmosphere, professional, variety of duties and excellent room for advancement.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OhioOctober 14, 2013
Pros: excellent work atmosphere, longevity of business and history.
Over the years of being an employee at Alside I had the opportunity to work with multiple executives. Aside from the basic administrative duties, I had he opportunity to manage the companies leased vehicles; handled and organized training sessions for current and new managers.

The hardest part of this job was when I had to resign due to personal relocation.
A good job for a recent college grad...to start a career...then move on.
inside sales (Former Employee), Solon, OhioOctober 10, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch, if time allowed.
Cons: expected to work long hours to get your job done, with a low salary.
A typical day was very stressful as you were expected to multi task to a unbelievable level...no training programs involved, you were left to fail on own and quickly get burned out.
Good enivornment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Kinston, NCSeptember 28, 2013
Great place to work. Everyone is easy to get along with. Okay pay, good hours.
Persistance and teamwork
Class B Driver (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: donuts on fridays
Cons: not a very competitive pay when you obtained your class b cdl
Pulling orders that varied everyday and formed to the customers needs, I learned to be patient in listening to the customer in making sure I placed their order correctly into the computer. Management always made sure that we worked as a communicating team and that we knew where to find all merchandise in the warehouse. Hardest part was when we had gotten – more... backed up on orders and we had to scramble together to pull the customers orders. A more enjoyable part of the job was when we caught a break in between the orders. – less
Alside
Data Entry Clerk & Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 23, 2013
Pros: own office
Cons: lay offs
Data entry for parts of home window sku numbers. Management were helpful and the co workers were nice. Hardest part was the lay offs and I enjoyed being in my own office.
A company that has a history of treating employees wrong.
Shipping Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 19, 2013
Pros: consistant work with alot of overtime
Cons: its hard to advance or move up in the company
I've worked for alside for 5 years I had little to no opportunity to advance within the company there was no communication in the departments I worked in so that is why im on the job market again.
Great company, but not a great regional supervisor.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTMarch 27, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: environment created by supervisor
Alside would be a great company to work for, but the supervisor for the Utah region is very strict, unprofessional, intimidating, demanding, and sometimes unrealistic. Work week is Monday - Friday. Expectation is to be out selling from 7:30am - 5:00pm, and e-mails are to be done outside of working hours. (only true under this Regional Vice President) – more... The other outside sales people are great and helpful. – less
Learned a lot
Supply Center Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 6, 2012
a great place to learn but in the end you get burned...They utilize all of your resources and the life balance is never balanced. expectations are high but that is why they burn through you so quickly.
Fast pace demanding environment
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 11, 2012
Work with customers creating quotes and/or orders. Research specific products customers are interested in or need. Provide information for the customers on products sold. Create purchase orders and maintain inventory levels. Keep track of A/R money going out and coming in.
Very busy place at times but great co-workers
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 16, 2012
I really enjoy working there. The people there are great including employee apreciation day. Great food fun and movies.
Loved working with the people
Assistant Production Manager, QC (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 8, 2012
Pros: letting us celebrate employee's birthdays during lunch, xmas dinners
They taught me more than any place I have ever worked for! My co-workers were great people (like family)!
enjoy working with others, and very productive.
Fork Lift operator (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 9, 2012
stock lines with frame and sash material. cut and prosses frame material balance and build frames, pack out and up-grade compleated windows
Demanding & challenging environment with benefits
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: lack of help; little room for advancement
A great environment for one to learn and grow on developing skills to utilize for future advancement. Supervise the installation of vinyl siding products, columns, railing, fencing, and service work on a daily basis.

My co-workers are one of greatest benefits of working here. They bring professionalism, humor, and an overall positive attitude towards – more... the work environment; which makes the working day pleasant.

The most-difficult part of the job is getting assistance when it is needed. – less

About Alside

Vinyl has never gone out of style at Associated Materials (AM). The company makes and distributes vinyl, aluminum, and steel exterior – Read more