Alside Employee Reviews in United States

cool place tp work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 19, 2016
The people was nice the hours was great the staff an people was cool an the pay was great the hoirs was good my supervisor was cool i hate i got cut n lost that job
Pros
clean plant cool people
Cons
nun
Bad management and safety practises
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2016
All about making money for the company to care about the employees. No advancement.
Preach safety and stack a box truck to the top with siding to have you hand unload it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management/safety
solon branch sucks
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 8, 2016
When I started it was great then a new management team came in
( burt and ernie ) and now it sucks. The warehouse manager is a lazy piece of s***. And sourounds himself with ball washers!
Pros
Money and coworkers if they arnt busy spit shining balls
Cons
everything else
Great Products, very poor manage
Class B Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 30, 2016
It's a typical corporate company all they care about is the all mighty dollar. They treat you like a number and your opinion doesn't matter! After 10 years of service I came back from vacation only to be let go.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
7 operations managers in my 10 years
Not worth it
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 24, 2016
Not worth it,The work and compensation is awful.Might as well go work for Mcdonalds.Poor management and not very good training.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Rotten co-workers
I was a welder
Temp/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 26, 2015
It was awesome experience I really did love this job. And they loved me also one day I walked in to a sign on machine saying Your the best Unbelievable.
Pros
nice salary, breaks
Cons
office mangement not responsible
stressfull work enviroment
Glass Cutter (Former Employee) –  akron ohOctober 6, 2015
The management will constantly well at workers calling them names causing a stressful work place. The work there is not hard. They have forced overtime
Not a good place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2015
Very dysfunctional organization. But it did help me to get started on my own business. It was not a well run company. Management never knew where material was, and my truck was never loaded when I got to work.
Pros
Cons
unorganized company
Stressful
inside sales (Former Employee) –  Export PASeptember 3, 2015
If you want zero to little training and then yelled at for not knowing what your doing..then this is the job for you. I worked there 6 months, I was belittled in front of customers, told a trained monkey could do my job and my paranoid manager was either very silent or screaming at me while I was on the phone. I had to call to another branch to get questions answered. I had to have the training manual sent to me via an e-mail because my manager wouldn't use it. After speaking with other people in another branch and told it would take more than a year to learn everything I needed to do this job, my manager said that high school graduates could do this job in 2 weeks.
The outside reps. were funny and added a comical relief to my day. My day could not end soon enough due to my manager. I would get the mail and go through it and hand off what was important to the manager, only to have him yell at me for handing him "junk".
So if you can handle 8 hours of silence followed by 4 days of degrading, rude, insulting remarks, then go for it.
Pros
pay was okay
Cons
manager is a micro manager with anger issues
Factory
General Labor (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 5, 2015
Grabbing windows off the belt , putting the windows on the rack then place plastic mold around the window. Loading materials off the dock to the assembly line.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
being there all day
Its a job
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 27, 2015
The job is decent. There are decent benefits and a decent schedule. A little vice president heavy in this company. Learning a lot of information about windows and siding.
up and down
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  revannna ohJune 2, 2015
prepare order for clients band skips take photos of finished orders stocked product on the in the correct location in the warehouse
Great company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  FT WorthApril 6, 2015
Friendly customers and co workers. Learning and listening to customer needs and making them come through.
The upper management was not easy to deal with.
The hardest part was not enough employee's to fill customer order's quick enough.
Somewhat Good Company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 5, 2015
I didn't have to much problems working with Alside. The only things is the job wasnt't too reliable. People would get layed off during certain seasons of the year. i did have other minor issues but other than that Alside is alright place to work and the pay was good especially working as a quality inspector.
Pros
Long Enough Breaks, Pizza sometime during employee meeting, good pay, good work enviroment
Cons
Lay Offs
driver
driver (Former Employee) –  mentor ohioMarch 15, 2015
I tried to go above and beyond for this company, what other people wouldn't do, and I was let go.never told what I was let go for.. company I would not suggest anyone to go too. Have the warehouses are under man.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive, Challenging and Rewarding Work Place
Inside Sales/Door Specialist/Gutter Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 24, 2014
A typical work day at Alside is challenging. Having the ability to manage your time effectively and to multi-task are essential. The typical sales day feature periods of down time, followed by rushes that can consist of counter sales, customer pick ups and phone sales and customer service.
Alside has taught me a vast array of building product knowledge, along with processes associated with the building and contract work industry. Most importantly, Alside has taught me the wholesale and distribution business, and all the ins and outs of running an effective and profitable branch.
Our staff at Alside benefits from having a knowledgeable, understanding and patient manager. Our supply center manager possesses a strong ability to remain level headed and seek out the best possible scenario to any problem, whether it be staff our customer related. Also, his ability to foster learning and growth has enabled me to be in a position that I am able to take over a supply center when one becomes available.
Alside Springfield has a very small staff, a total of eight full time employees. Seven of us have worked for the Springfield location for eight years or more, and we know all the quirks and mannerisms that come with working with each other for so long. We have also fostered a work environment where we fill in for each other when it is needed.
The hardest part of my job is time management. Typically, it is rare for me to complete a task for a customer without having a new task pop up before I am finished. These situations tends to pile up throughout the day, and it is my job to make sure
  more... the customers needs are met, and within their time frame. To ensure this is done, I keep notes on my desk so that I make sure to finish everything that I have started, and that all communications with my customers are current.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making and building relationships. In a typical day, I will see the same eight to ten gentleman that come in on a regular basis, and I have a strong relationship with most of them. This makes the customer feel welcome and it leads to repeat business. I have learned that even if you have the lowest price, and best material, if a customer doesn't feel welcome they will not be a repeat customer.
Pros
great work environment, good compensation and work schedule.
a productive factory
General Labor (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 15, 2014
molding, cutting fences, wrapping fences, and putting together fences.
Pros
food trucks
Cons
factory
excellence place to make a lot of hours
Floater (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 14, 2014
I learned how to assemble windows, I learned the meaning of being a leader. The hardest part about this job was working in very hot weather.
Pros
great pay
Cons
hot invironment
Great Job
Window maker (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 30, 2014
Build and put together windows. But is all depending on the positions are placed in. Real hard work but makes the day go by fast. My coworkers were easy to get along with and made work fun.
Great atmosphere, professional, variety of duties and excellent room for advancement.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OhioOctober 14, 2013
Over the years of being an employee at Alside I had the opportunity to work with multiple executives. Aside from the basic administrative duties, I had he opportunity to manage the companies leased vehicles; handled and organized training sessions for current and new managers.

The hardest part of this job was when I had to resign due to personal relocation.
Pros
excellent work atmosphere, longevity of business and history.

2.9