Alside Employee Reviews

Operations Manager, Raleigh, NC and Pittsburgh, PA (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 10, 2017
Great people, tremendous corporate support for all issues.
Upward mobility possible in many different careers.
Chances to help re-engineer processes and redesign.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Early nhours
Stressful. Long hours
Packout (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 5, 2017
Too much pressure. Worked too many weekends. No benefits, no vacation. No time with your family. They have little to no concern for the employees. Just didnt like it.
Pros
Got paid
Cons
Short breaks
Great Experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 22, 2017
Machinery Assembly line that produces window screen for homes mobile homes. Loved the experience with assembling/procedure. But long days good work and pay.
Cons
No support - no work life balance
Install Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 14, 2017
Install Managers have NO support. The Install Sales VP in Ohio is VERY UNSUPPORTIVE. He has the "Own It" mentality. In other words - "don't bother me". You are basically on an island all by yourself. You are always understaffed and overworked.
The excuse is that you have to produce to get a team. Once you produce they ask for more production and you get no one.

I guarantee that when you inquire on this job you'll hear that you will either be all ALONE or have a management trainee on a rotation.
Pros
very few
Cons
Many
Non-stop Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 31, 2017
Dealt with very busy contractors all day, everyday. A typical work day was to receive contractor necessary materials, and producr the best pricing for their particular job.

In addition, worked with Contracted Service Sales as well as credited accounts. I learned operation mamagement and excellent customer service.

The culture on the road was fun as there were many projects to keep a rep busy. The hardest part of the job was that the job was very limited to advancement.
Pros
Simple system to learn and thrive
Cons
No bonuses, raises, or new positions open.
Corporate vs branches forget branches where money comes from
Warehouse Associate and driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Have power hungry territory manager with un realistic goals explained repeatedly problems with possible splution with wait and see additude only thing they are quick to do is fire you
Very understaffed
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2017
This is a company headed in a bad direction that wants minimal staffing and provides minimal training while expecting maximum effort. Most days I am the only person in the center. No time for lunch or bathroom breaks, handling multiple phone calls at a time all while helping walking customers. Many broken promises in regards to turning the company around and help being on the way. It has been a very disappointing experience after all the promises that were made when I was hired.
Pros
They do make a good product and the center is closed at 4p daily and closed on the weekends.
Cons
No training and no support.
fun workplace
Operations manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 13, 2016
This is a Good company to work for.
Good Benefit and compensations, great opportunity for advancement. upper management is composed of young dynamic people, this company has a bright future.
not very good
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 12, 2016
in my expirence i didnt paticularly enjoy working for this employer the pay was not the best and the work ethic wasnt very good eitheri would have to say that the best part of the jobv was the people i worked with.
Pros
Cons
crul management small pay and low morall
cool place tp work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 19, 2016
The people was nice the hours was great the staff an people was cool an the pay was great the hoirs was good my supervisor was cool i hate i got cut n lost that job
Pros
clean plant cool people
Cons
nun
People worked together
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 29, 2016
Everyone helped each other to get the job done. Can be a stressful during operating the crane and feel the warehouse could be labeled better to find product. There is a very low Torrance level for safety miscues,
Pros
Really no pros.
Cons
on busy days it was tough to get a lunch.
Bad management and safety practises
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2016
All about making money for the company to care about the employees. No advancement.
Preach safety and stack a box truck to the top with siding to have you hand unload it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management/safety
solon branch sucks
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 8, 2016
When I started it was great then a new management team came in
( burt and ernie ) and now it sucks. The warehouse manager is a lazy piece of s***. And sourounds himself with ball washers!
Pros
Money and coworkers if they arnt busy spit shining balls
Cons
everything else
Great Products, very poor manage
Class B Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 30, 2016
It's a typical corporate company all they care about is the all mighty dollar. They treat you like a number and your opinion doesn't matter! After 10 years of service I came back from vacation only to be let go.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
7 operations managers in my 10 years
Not worth it
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 24, 2016
Not worth it,The work and compensation is awful.Might as well go work for Mcdonalds.Poor management and not very good training.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Rotten co-workers
I was a welder
Temp/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 26, 2015
It was awesome experience I really did love this job. And they loved me also one day I walked in to a sign on machine saying Your the best Unbelievable.
Pros
nice salary, breaks
Cons
office mangement not responsible
stressfull work enviroment
Glass Cutter (Former Employee) –  akron ohOctober 6, 2015
The management will constantly well at workers calling them names causing a stressful work place. The work there is not hard. They have forced overtime
Not a good place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2015
Very dysfunctional organization. But it did help me to get started on my own business. It was not a well run company. Management never knew where material was, and my truck was never loaded when I got to work.
Pros
Cons
unorganized company
Stressful
inside sales (Former Employee) –  Export PASeptember 3, 2015
If you want zero to little training and then yelled at for not knowing what your doing..then this is the job for you. I worked there 6 months, I was belittled in front of customers, told a trained monkey could do my job and my paranoid manager was either very silent or screaming at me while I was on the phone. I had to call to another branch to get questions answered. I had to have the training manual sent to me via an e-mail because my manager wouldn't use it. After speaking with other people in another branch and told it would take more than a year to learn everything I needed to do this job, my manager said that high school graduates could do this job in 2 weeks.
The outside reps. were funny and added a comical relief to my day. My day could not end soon enough due to my manager. I would get the mail and go through it and hand off what was important to the manager, only to have him yell at me for handing him "junk".
So if you can handle 8 hours of silence followed by 4 days of degrading, rude, insulting remarks, then go for it.
Pros
pay was okay
Cons
manager is a micro manager with anger issues
Factory
General Labor (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 5, 2015
Grabbing windows off the belt , putting the windows on the rack then place plastic mold around the window. Loading materials off the dock to the assembly line.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
being there all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alside. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9