Alston & Bird Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great perks
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
A very positive working experience. The firm makes sure to balance work life with fun by having firm outings and happy hours. A very positive experience.
This is a great place to work.
Project Attorney (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
This is a great place to work with a very strong support staff. You will have a variety of high profile projects and get to interact with the partners and senior associates.
Pros
Good cafeteria.
Cons
Limited mobility
Very productive Law Firm to work for, and enjoyed my years of tenure working with a great group of Attorneys.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2016
Great management team, learned a lot from a wonderful Senior Partner with more than twenty (20) years tenure at this very classy and wonderful Law Firm.
Pros
Great working nvironment.
Cons
Not applicable.
a great company to work for!
Business Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
Such a great company to work for! Always has the employees best interest at heart! From supporting continuing education, volunteering at the food bank to celebrations for employees. This is definitely one of the best firms to work for!
Congenial workplace with a few perks occasionally
Floater/Resource Specialist/Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2016
My typical day would be to report for work, complete any assignments given to me which sometimes consisted of transcribing tapes; making phone calls to update mailing lists; creating file labels and logs to send files to storage; make edits to documents; answering the phones when the receptionist was absent for the day or on lunch break; making copies for the visiting attorneys as needed; and any other tasks or assignments asked of me.
Pros
The occasional lunches or special occasions just for staff
Cons
The unfairness sometimes of the Admin / HR staff
Very detailed, organized, staff appreciated place to work
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
My day at Alston & Bird was supporting applications used by the staff and the lawyers. I learned new skills for application support besides basic uninstall/reinstall. The firm shows great appreciation for their staff such as having staff appreciation week. I enjoyed working with the people to make sure their issues were resolved in a timely manner.
Nice people, interesting work
Reference Librarian (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2015
Nice training opportunities, supportive for families, teamwork and customer service skills valued. Great place to work if you are self motivated and enjoy working with others.
A Fortune 500 Best Company to Work For
User Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
During my tenure at Alston & Bird, LLP, I worked in what is truly the most amazing environment with, at the time, an IT staff of over 60 people.

Each department was an extension of the other and therefore a cohesive unit.

We weren't just co-workers, we were family.
Applied but unfortunate missed opportunity
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
I applied for an open position at A&B (Resource Specialist), and had a phone interview with the HR manager, and also took a cultural assessment test, which I was told I passed. I was so so excited and eager to be interviewed and take their software tests, but unfortunately the whole interview got cancelled by the agency who'd referred me to the job, because I cancelled the appointment I had to go into the agency.

So because I couldn't meet with the agency on the day I originally planned, I lost out on a great opportunity. No second chances, no rescheduling even.

I am so disappointed and bumb about it, as I'd heard and read so many wonderful things about A&B. Not to mention, I currently work part-time temp so it would've been great to finally have a home with a wonderful company again.

I'm hoping I can still re-apply and be considered for another opportunity at some point in the future.
Great place to work and to learn
Computer Support Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
My Typical day to acknowledge and response to client tickets, these tickets may be various issues one may encounter such as working slow, viruses and re-imaging.

I have learned a lot thus far as our tech refresh is gradually approaching for a great learning experience.
very hectic workplace
Conference Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2015
Very busy workdays, diverse culture, managers and chefs worked just as hard as team. Good medical, dental and vision coverage.
Stable
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 8, 2014
Great company with great people. Coworkers are always around to lend a helping hand. Great benefits, 401K and paid holiday. Worked with team players and was able to speed up productivity and increase work moral, which are both very good for the business and presents a good work atmosphere to clients and employees alike.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
A great place to work with very friendly people.
Conference Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2014
A typical day at work had many facets. I was either setting up a conference room or cleaning a kitchen. There was always something to do. I learned how to prep better and manage my time more wisely. Management was wonderful and helpful. Co-workers all got along great. We all helped each other out.
InterAction CRM & Marketing Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2014
Great place to work. Wonderful staff and firm culture.
Great Company
Cons
Great incentives and staff appreciation program
Great Place to Work
Resource Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2014
Fun workplace. They believe in rewarding hard work. Great benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Backup teams
Great Place To Work
Resource Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2014
Productive and Fun Place
Records Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work - come to work with a positive attitude and nobody is going to bother you
What did I learn - We are customers of each other
Management - A1 type of Management at the top, but department heads, kinda pushy and bossy
Co-workers - Great people and great relations to last a life time
Hardest part of the job - commute
Most enjoyable part of the job - holiday parties
Pros
Plenty free breakfasts and lunches
Cons
Good plenty short breaks
Some great attorneys and staff; secretarial management is the worse.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 27, 2013
Great attorneys and staff, poor secretarial management in DC office.
Cons
Health Insurance is the worse.
Great Work Enviroment
Web Designer Intern (Former Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 5, 2013
I worked as an intern. The Company is solid and has EXCEPTIONAL work culture- team oriented. Belief in growth and personal development
I love working at A&B Benefits great,Employees great
Accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2013
Work for A&B Finance Dept. for 25 years
I climb the ladder as they say great benefits, people was wonderful
My position was move/transfer to Atlanta, GA
This was a total shock to me. Was very unhappy to leave.