ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a boutique investment management firm that oversees portfolios invested in Africa and the Middle East. We are a small and flat organization where you will be exposed to all aspects of our business.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Play a key role in a small and growing hedge fund in assisting the COO/CFO in many of the day to day accounting, trading and operational needs of the firm.
Oversee and liaise with fund administrator on fund accounting and investor transactions
Review daily cash and positions reconciliations
Prepare and review wire transfers
Dividend and Corp. Actions monitoring
Assist with Month End NAV reconciliation
Email Compliance Testing
Trading system compliance
Management Company bookkeeping (QuickBooks)
Portfolio pricing reviews
Interface with our custodian, fund administrator, audit and tax professionals
International tax matrix
Assist with due diligence activities
REQUIREMENTS / TRAITS / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field
- 2 + years of experience
- Relevant prior experience – mutual fund accountant, hedge fund operations or fund administration experience would be a big plus.
- Some tax experience is helpful
- Strong excel skills are a must
- Need to be a self starter, work independently but also be part of a small team
- Need to be very detailed orientated and naturally inquisitive
- Compliance back ground a plus.
- Willingness to pitch in on any business tasks